Wealthiest Moto Insiders

cable
3/24/2017 9:05pm
How about the guy that started Cobra minibikes? Started out building a bike for his son. cool story
3/24/2017 9:14pm
In the early 70's there was a guy in Central Florida that was a Multi Level Marketing Guru (pyramid scheme according to the IRS) by the name of Glenn Turner. He had a couple of sons that raced minis. Glenn hired midgets for them as mechanics. Built a castle near Orlando. Had a reported $169 (maybe as high as 300) million dollar net worth at one time. Ended up in prison and broke.

It was worth the price of admission to see the show when they all showed up to the races back then. They were at all the major mini races from 72-74.

Me, I think its easier to make a million in the industry if you start with two.
JWACK
3/24/2017 9:22pm
newmann wrote:
I haven't seen our own TBTeam mentioned yet. He sponsors "F'n Eric" . Newmann approved by the way...Wink You kids do some homework now.
Uptite?
DonM
3/24/2017 9:23pm
RC has half of what he use to have.....

The Shop

avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
3/24/2017 9:24pm
DonM wrote:
Yeah, that had to hurt.
oshow
3/24/2017 9:27pm
DonM wrote:
Nope he still has way over half
Sargent Rock
3/24/2017 9:44pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Jimmy John Liautaud - Jimmy John's Founder/Owner - 200$ Million Net Worth Forrest Lucas - Lucas Oil/MavTV Owner - 500$ Million Net Worth Rodney Sacks -...
Jimmy John Liautaud - Jimmy John's Founder/Owner - 200$ Million Net Worth

Forrest Lucas - Lucas Oil/MavTV Owner - 500$ Million Net Worth

Rodney Sacks - Monster Energy CEO - 1.4$ Billion Net Worth

Hilton Schlosberg - Monster Energy President/COO - 1.53$ Billion Net Worth

Russell Weiner - Rockstar Energy Founder/Owner - 4$ Billion Net Worth

Dietrich Mateschitz - Red Bull Founder/Owner - 13.2$ Billion Net Worth

disbanded wrote:
Sacks, Weiner and MateSchitz, all top guys...
Alot of people don't know this connection, Weiner is Michael Savage's the radio personalities son, Savage gave him
$ 1 Million in seed money and said " here you go, do what you can, but don't come back for more".

Weiner is now worth $ 4 Billion, wow!
rrjr
3/24/2017 11:45pm
Skidaddle wrote:
If Loretta was today's star, that would be like astronomical money. Her and Mooney have been around at the track before at least in the 80s...
If Loretta was today's star, that would be like astronomical money.
Her and Mooney have been around at the track before at least in the 80s.

Shes won it all as far as awards go it seems and is still winning them. She was big time when most cars still came with only an AM radio.

2015 Academy of Country Music Awards Crystal Milestone Award.

avidchimp wrote:
At least she earned her money and didn't rip people off.
Laughing Just shot beer out the nose from laughing so hard. Laughing

She was big time when most cars still came with only an AM radio.

And snowmobiles came with carburetors.
PTshox
3/25/2017 1:40am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2017 4:23pm
Don't forget PINK via Carey Hart/RCH... somewhere north of 100 million base on a google search.

Now, Mark Kavamme (MDK guy) could be worth a lot more. His dad was at KPCB early on... check out these companies they helped found... Apple, Cisco, google.. just a few. http://www.kpcb.com/companies listed.

Mark ended up at Sequoia capital... Working with Don V. A very smart guy!
From Sequoia's web site below...
"Since 1972, we have partnered with the founders of companies that now have an aggregate, public market value of over $1.4 trillion"

gnarwhip
3/25/2017 2:01am
I bet Skepcovic has a shit ton of cash.
Fearo
3/25/2017 4:15am
How do you make a million in motocross?

Start off with 10 million.
spd721
3/25/2017 6:50am
My mom gave me $20 for my weekly allowance...where does that put me on the list?
vikingBoy
3/25/2017 7:35am
Reed 20 mill??? I find that hard to believe, but not saying it isn't true. I thought twotwo dried up because of no sponsorship backing, meaning no money. So where would reed have earned that kinda money? Unless he was just squirreling away the sponsorship money and that's why they wouldn't back him anymore.
jeffro503
3/25/2017 8:14am
DF313 wrote:
Not on topic... really, and not sure how accurate it is, but celebrity net worth has TP @ $30 Million RC @ $25 Million Chad Reed...
Not on topic... really, and not sure how accurate it is, but celebrity net worth has

TP @ $30 Million
RC @ $25 Million
Chad Reed @ $20 Mil
JS7 @ $18 Mil
RV @ 5 Mil
RD @ 8 Mil

Bonus Jason Lawrence at -$3.50 for the tacos somebody bought him. JK, he's not on there, I checked though.

Crush wrote:
These lists are ridiculous. RV won 9 major titles and i'd be suprised if at least 6 of them weren't bonused by 1 million each by...
These lists are ridiculous.

RV won 9 major titles and i'd be suprised if at least 6 of them weren't bonused by 1 million each by kawi alone.
agn5009 wrote:
Yeah, and his contract for the GP's was massive. There's no way his net worth is only 5 million.
It isn't....as that number is way off. As I think a lot of them are. About 5 years ago , someone posted Reed's net worth , and with all his investments and so forth was around 60 million. Pretty sure he hasn't lost 40 million.
jeffro503
3/25/2017 8:17am
vikingBoy wrote:
Reed 20 mill??? I find that hard to believe, but not saying it isn't true. I thought twotwo dried up because of no sponsorship backing, meaning...
Reed 20 mill??? I find that hard to believe, but not saying it isn't true. I thought twotwo dried up because of no sponsorship backing, meaning no money. So where would reed have earned that kinda money? Unless he was just squirreling away the sponsorship money and that's why they wouldn't back him anymore.
Read what I just typed.
3/25/2017 8:28am
PTshox wrote:
Don't forget PINK via Carey Hart/RCH... somewhere north of 100 million base on a google search. Now, Mark Kavamme (MDK guy) could be worth a lot...
Don't forget PINK via Carey Hart/RCH... somewhere north of 100 million base on a google search.

Now, Mark Kavamme (MDK guy) could be worth a lot more. His dad was at KPCB early on... check out these companies they helped found... Apple, Cisco, google.. just a few. http://www.kpcb.com/companies listed.

Mark ended up at Sequoia capital... Working with Don V. A very smart guy!
From Sequoia's web site below...
"Since 1972, we have partnered with the founders of companies that now have an aggregate, public market value of over $1.4 trillion"

Never knew Mark's dad was at Sequoia. That's epic! You don't leave there without a few extra zero's in your bank account. Those guys seem to have found their way into damn near every unicorn that's come out of Silicon Valley. Legendary company.

Even though our top riders don't make as much as the stars in larger sports, it seems most of them manage what they do earn pretty well. Don't see any superstars filing for bankruptcy years later like you would in say the NFL or NBA. Stewart buying a house for $5M cash on an episode of Bubba's World lets you know he was raking it in back then.

It's awesome how much support we get from the energy drink companies but I do wish there more guys like Geneva (MotoConcepts) and Grondahl (Geico Honda/The Nest/Southwick/Alias) involved in the sport supporting at a team level as you'd see with team owners in other sports. That's what we need to help bring new money and other outside sponsors in. Team owners with outside business interests who bring clients to the races as means of relationship building would surely begin to bring larger checks to the teams/riders as the interest in the sport picks up from guys who are in a position to make influential decisions at their respective companies.

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/25/2017 9:08am
If you're talking about guys who were/are hands on and actually help build a team, Jeff Majkrzak and Mike Kranyak could probably fund all the teams themselves.

For those mentioning Pink, she doesn't give a dime to RCH.
nytsmaC
3/25/2017 11:02am
Skidaddle wrote:
If Loretta was today's star, that would be like astronomical money. Her and Mooney have been around at the track before at least in the 80s...
If Loretta was today's star, that would be like astronomical money.
Her and Mooney have been around at the track before at least in the 80s.

Shes won it all as far as awards go it seems and is still winning them. She was big time when most cars still came with only an AM radio.

2015 Academy of Country Music Awards Crystal Milestone Award.

rrjr wrote:
The real question everyone wants to know is~ Can she ride a snowmobile?
She's no Gwen Stafani.
rrjr
3/25/2017 11:10am
Never knew Mark's dad was at Sequoia. That's epic! You don't leave there without a few extra zero's in your bank account. Those guys seem to...
Never knew Mark's dad was at Sequoia. That's epic! You don't leave there without a few extra zero's in your bank account. Those guys seem to have found their way into damn near every unicorn that's come out of Silicon Valley. Legendary company.

Even though our top riders don't make as much as the stars in larger sports, it seems most of them manage what they do earn pretty well. Don't see any superstars filing for bankruptcy years later like you would in say the NFL or NBA. Stewart buying a house for $5M cash on an episode of Bubba's World lets you know he was raking it in back then.

It's awesome how much support we get from the energy drink companies but I do wish there more guys like Geneva (MotoConcepts) and Grondahl (Geico Honda/The Nest/Southwick/Alias) involved in the sport supporting at a team level as you'd see with team owners in other sports. That's what we need to help bring new money and other outside sponsors in. Team owners with outside business interests who bring clients to the races as means of relationship building would surely begin to bring larger checks to the teams/riders as the interest in the sport picks up from guys who are in a position to make influential decisions at their respective companies.

Stewart buying a house for $5M cash on an episode of Bubba's World

Do you really believe what you see on reality tv is actually true reality?
rrjr
3/25/2017 11:21am
nytsmaC wrote:
She's no Gwen Stafani.
*Stefani

Eat bananas. B~A~N~A~N~ASS

Brent
3/25/2017 2:30pm
DonM wrote:
I have to believe he would have a prenup, no one is that short sighted, are they?...
bad juju
3/25/2017 2:41pm
cant believe you guys forgot Jim jarrard. misspelled for sure, but the owner of Oakley..
gabrielito
3/25/2017 6:56pm
I haven't read the whole thread but Carey Hart's wife has a lot of money.

Post a reply to: Wealthiest Moto Insiders

The Latest