We should give props to Zach Osbourne

jaeckle
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:52pm
Zach is the lone wolf from the USA in the GP's. He did not bail when things did not work out. He is kicking ass and even getting an accent. The little chubby dude from the us is a lean mean man who is our sole hope in the GP's Keep him your thoughts.

http://www.racerxonline.com/...farleigh-castle.aspx
|
mccread
8/18/2010 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 4:37pm
Zach is doing great, leading the British Championship and 6th in GPs - that is no mean feat. he should be reserve for the MXDN teams he can ride both classes well. He is representing the US well... I think the US mags should give him more coverage. Larson got a big feature on racing and winning in Australia and Zach is racing and winning the British champs which is a much higher level than Oz nevermind racing and representing the US in the MX2 World Championship.
mag23
8/18/2010 4:36pm
Big props... not an easy task... Just listen to Tallon Vohlands interviews from the 99 season, lots of broken English!
Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
8/18/2010 4:37pm
Always pulling for him when the gate drops! The BikeIt LoneWolf Cosworth Black Yamaha is one of the most kick ass bikes in the field!
Highsider
8/18/2010 5:05pm
mccread wrote:
Zach is doing great, leading the British Championship and 6th in GPs - that is no mean feat. he should be reserve for the MXDN teams...
Zach is doing great, leading the British Championship and 6th in GPs - that is no mean feat. he should be reserve for the MXDN teams he can ride both classes well. He is representing the US well... I think the US mags should give him more coverage. Larson got a big feature on racing and winning in Australia and Zach is racing and winning the British champs which is a much higher level than Oz nevermind racing and representing the US in the MX2 World Championship.
Well said.

Zosborne looked good at the USGP.

The Shop

`ol Ger
8/18/2010 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 5:20pm

Well done, Zach.

G
Rupert X
8/18/2010 5:49pm

He's got a Brazilian GP this weekend.

A fine young man and one helluva ambassador for US Motocross.

500guy
8/18/2010 6:42pm
And he's looking good to take the British Championship

Zach is one of the good guy's
8/18/2010 6:44pm
I'd definitely look to buy him a plane ticket home if I had a team. He's been on it and deserves a ride back here, but I am happy to have him representing in the GPs.
fgb729
8/18/2010 6:53pm
Lots of respect to him and wish him the best of luck. But aren't Albertson and Leib overseas as well?
jaeckle
8/18/2010 7:25pm
mxr338 wrote:
Thanks guys.
Zach I apologize for my comment. I remember you from interviews back in the states and the Great Outdoors videos. You are worlds better now. Again, Im sorry. Did not know you read this stuff.

I have a soft spot in my heart for USA guys racing the GP's. Goes way back. Brad Lackey was the reason I started riding. Was distant friends with Donny Schmidt. Met Bob Moore and Trampas Parker. Have thousands of black & white photos of the GP's from the 80's. My real Dad lived in Belgium for 8 years

Zach you are my sons hero. Call us old school. We love the GP's. Your performance at the Glen Helen GP was phenomenal. There is not many AMA National riders that could do what you do. Never forget that. Stay the course and know you are gaining fans every week.

Best of luck in Brazil. (Wow.....how cool is that .......race all over the planet instead of just one country?.....)
FARANG
8/18/2010 7:33pm
Yep Zach is doing great, the GP's are a seriously tough proposition, takes mucho balls just to take on the challenge and he deserves the success and plaudits for doing so.
jmc2
Fantasy
1679th
8/18/2010 7:38pm
Props to Zach for sure...heck of a challenge to race overseas, different country and a lot of traveling as well...
Jefro98
8/19/2010 1:32am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2010 1:33am
Yep, Osborne is doing great, good season.

But he's not the lone wolf anymore this season.

There's also Michael Leib and Jimmy Albertson in the GP paddock.
8/19/2010 2:21am
mag23 wrote:
Big props... not an easy task... Just listen to Tallon Vohlands interviews from the 99 season, lots of broken English!
Yeah he was very impressed with the strength he's up against,Zach has settled in now and he's haulin' !!

It must be very hard for him too as although the Brits with him know the scene,they are all over Europe picking their way through different countries,languages and cultures and tracks,heck they've seen mud,deep deep sand,hard packed rutfests and rougher than rough circuits too

Huge respect for the guy,Leib and Albertson are in their first year in the GP'S and hopefully if they run next year they can carry on improving as they've also shown great promise too
DC
8/19/2010 3:57am
McCread, we have given Zach plenty of coverage and will continue to do so. We did a big feature on him last year when he won in Turkey. PJ Larsen is also very deserving, and he wrote the article himself about life-in-Oz. I'm sure we will get one going on Michael Leib pretty soon too.

DC
MX Sports
jamma10
8/19/2010 5:05am
I remember standing next to Steve Dixon (Zachs team manager) at Foxhills during Zachs first race after moving over from the states. Zach got out of the gate around 3rd and was flying, dicing it up with the top riders in the MX2 British champs, impressed I turned to Steve and said "seems to be doing alright eh!?" and Steve just gave me a very smug, very knowing smile as if to suggest he'd signed someone special.

He wasn't wrong, Zach is a fantastic rider and very humble. He's become a real favourite among the british fans especially. I almost have a perforated ear drum after standing next to a whole family cheering him on at the weekend!
mxwrench66
8/19/2010 5:41am
I'd definitely look to buy him a plane ticket home if I had a team. He's been on it and deserves a ride back here, but...
I'd definitely look to buy him a plane ticket home if I had a team. He's been on it and deserves a ride back here, but I am happy to have him representing in the GPs.
He had offers to come race in the states for a very recognized teams. He chose to stay and race the GPs. You cant assume that ama motocross is more prestigious, because its not.
chrisbuehler
8/19/2010 6:01am
Any current vids of Zach riding? I only see GP pictures and wonder what his speed looks like on film these days. I think the last time I saw him ride was the GP he won televised. Glen Helen USGP?
Jefro98
8/19/2010 6:36am
Any current vids of Zach riding? I only see GP pictures and wonder what his speed looks like on film these days. I think the last...
Any current vids of Zach riding? I only see GP pictures and wonder what his speed looks like on film these days. I think the last time I saw him ride was the GP he won televised. Glen Helen USGP?
Have a look at UK's MotoMagazine's website.

There's vids of the British nats which Zach just won. Pretty sure he will be in those.

Farleigh Castle:

http://moto.mpora.com/news/maxxis-british-motocross-championship-video-…
jndmx
8/19/2010 6:43am
Definitely gotta give respect to all the US riders that leave home behind to travel and race.

Same thing goes for riders that do the same to come here and race, has to be tough
chrisbuehler
8/19/2010 6:51am
Someone said he's riding for Puerto Rico. That's awesome, give em hell Zach.
8/19/2010 7:16am
I'd definitely look to buy him a plane ticket home if I had a team. He's been on it and deserves a ride back here, but...
mxwrench66 wrote:
He had offers to come race in the states for a very recognized teams. He chose to stay and race the GPs. You cant assume that...
He had offers to come race in the states for a very recognized teams. He chose to stay and race the GPs. You cant assume that ama motocross is more prestigious, because its not.
I didn't say it's more prestigious. I said I'd hire him and he deserves a good ride in his home country. If he wants to stay, good on him. I didn't hear that he had credible offers: I am glad he did.

Let's be honest though. Most Americans go over there because they can't find a good ride over here. Most GP riders come here because they want to beat the best in the world, or so guys like Townley, Reed, Pourcel, etc. have said in the past.

Having said that, the talent over there is obviously very deep as recently shown by Desalle. Cairoli is one of the best in the world if not the best, at least in motocross. I'd kill to see him at Anaheim 1. I strongly respect the GPs and am not interested in the flame wars that have been raging on Vital lately. Just stating my opinions, as one does on message boards.
lumpy790
8/19/2010 7:21am
As a side note....... I saw at Lorettas that Zack is doing mx schools here in South Carolina. Tried going to the web site but it appears to be down.

www.clubmxsc.com
mxr338
8/19/2010 3:25pm
lumpy790 wrote:
As a side note....... I saw at Lorettas that Zack is doing mx schools here in South Carolina. Tried going to the web site but it...
As a side note....... I saw at Lorettas that Zack is doing mx schools here in South Carolina. Tried going to the web site but it appears to be down.

www.clubmxsc.com
Lumpy, the website was being built and someone bought the domain name out from under us. its now www.clubmx-sc.com its still under construction. I'm not doing schools its a full facility: on-site living, gym, 2 sx 2 outdoors and an ax track. its gonna be pretty cool.

On another note thanks for the vital love boys!
Rupert X
8/19/2010 3:35pm

Shocked that he's dating Josh Hansen.

That seems so unreal.

Like Bear Grylls hauling a crab-boat on American Idol with Crystal Bowersox

picking antiques while Rachel Ray intervenes on a meth lab with the Mythbusters gang.
stvh
8/19/2010 3:37pm
You've got to admire the guy for choosing to represent our country in a sport we love on a world wide platform and doing us proud. If it had been my decision I probably would have followed in his dads footsteps.

Post a reply to: We should give props to Zach Osbourne

The Latest