We really need to stop whining......

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 10/11/2018 2:57am
I wish our guy's would of done better at the race....but ya know what? They didn't.

I'm proud of Eli , Justin and Arron for giving their best , and I'm sure they are more bummed about their performance then ANYONE on this board.

Lesson....
You get your ass kicked , learn from it , improve and come back stronger. Making excuses , slamming other team's and being in denial aint going to help anything. And most importantly , poor sportsmanship is exactly the opposite of what we as American's should be doing. I truly hope this lit a fire under the ass's of our rider's , teams , our series and every fan out there! I hope it ftreakin' stings.....because it should! And always remember....be gracious in defeat , and thank the other rider's and team's for teaching us a lesson.

Most important....don't lose faith. Keep believing , and fighting , and don't let anyone elses jab's toward's our rider's or our country get you down. Take it on the chin ,use it as fuel!

Just my $0.02

Jeffro
|
Ewan49
10/9/2018 6:29pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I wish our guy's would of done better at the race....but ya know what? They didn't. I'm proud of Eli , Justin and Arron for giving...
I wish our guy's would of done better at the race....but ya know what? They didn't.

I'm proud of Eli , Justin and Arron for giving their best , and I'm sure they are more bummed about their performance then ANYONE on this board.

Lesson....
You get your ass kicked , learn from it , improve and come back stronger. Making excuses , slamming other team's and being in denial aint going to help anything. And most importantly , poor sportsmanship is exactly the opposite of what we as American's should be doing. I truly hope this lit a fire under the ass's of our rider's , teams , our series and every fan out there! I hope it ftreakin' stings.....because it should! And always remember....be gracious in defeat , and thank the other rider's and team's for teaching us a lesson.

Most important....don't lose faith. Keep believing , and fighting , and don't let anyone elses jab's toward's our rider's or our country get you down. Take it on the chin ,use it as fuel!

Just my $0.02

Jeffro
Careful....that is almost too much common sense!
Well said Jeffro!
motogrady
10/9/2018 6:33pm

Well Jeffro, agreed with everything but thanking them for teaching us a lesson.

Just ain't there yet guyLaughing
BikerScars
10/9/2018 6:35pm
I am guessing most of the whiners are really pre-teen kids who have been breast feeding until a few months ago.

In America the silent majority knows how to take it on the chin while learning from defeat, respect the winners, and go back to work twice as hard and let the cards fall where they may.

RbR
10/9/2018 6:36pm
Agreed!

The Shop

10/9/2018 6:54pm
I could really do without all the tearing eachother apart and blaming around here after mxon too, its been almost toxic
slipdog
10/9/2018 7:07pm
"we"... You got a mouse in your pocket or something?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/9/2018 7:07pm
No whining here. We stunk up the weekend on our home soil. To top it - Factory Kawasaki decided it was a good idea to bring a completely unproved and unveted bike to arguably the biggest race of the year... that was unacceptable and shouldn’t be tolerated by the US fans. They cared so little about the event they put our best rider on a bike he hasn’t ridden all year long in the championship... for shame Kawasaki.... for shame
10/9/2018 7:20pm
MxKing809 wrote:
No whining here. We stunk up the weekend on our home soil. To top it - Factory Kawasaki decided it was a good idea to bring...
No whining here. We stunk up the weekend on our home soil. To top it - Factory Kawasaki decided it was a good idea to bring a completely unproved and unveted bike to arguably the biggest race of the year... that was unacceptable and shouldn’t be tolerated by the US fans. They cared so little about the event they put our best rider on a bike he hasn’t ridden all year long in the championship... for shame Kawasaki.... for shame
The guy on the 2019 Kawasaki put in the best scores of the three.

He was never in contention. He barely got any TV time. Do you really think the 2018 bike would've made any difference?
clem
10/9/2018 7:26pm
The one thing that the MXoN taught me is that I cannot stand commercials while watching moto. The NBC gold app has me spoiled and I was too tight to purchase the mxgp package.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/9/2018 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 7:49pm
MxKing809 wrote:
No whining here. We stunk up the weekend on our home soil. To top it - Factory Kawasaki decided it was a good idea to bring...
The guy on the 2019 Kawasaki put in the best scores of the three. He was never in contention. He barely got any TV time. Do...

He was never in contention. He barely got any TV time. Do you really think the 2018 bike would've made any difference?
Actually.... had it not been for an engine failure for Searle he would have been worked by Searle and Lupino on ‘18s

And is your question serious? YES I THINK THAT HE WOILD HAVE DONE BETTER ON THE BIKE HE JUST WON THE GOD DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP ON.... How could anyone think otherwise?
jeffro503
10/9/2018 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 8:17pm
MxKing809 wrote:
The guy on the 2019 Kawasaki put in the best scores of the three. He was never in contention. He barely got any TV time. Do...

MxKing809 wrote:
Actually.... had it not been for an engine failure for Searle he would have been worked by Searle and Lupino on ‘18s And is your question...
Actually.... had it not been for an engine failure for Searle he would have been worked by Searle and Lupino on ‘18s

And is your question serious? YES I THINK THAT HE WOILD HAVE DONE BETTER ON THE BIKE HE JUST WON THE GOD DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP ON.... How could anyone think otherwise?
How would you or anyone else know that? Look at where Justin finished and how Eli reeled in Kenny. About exactly the same as what happened this entire summer. I honestly believe that new 19' Kawi didn't hold him back at all. Our AMA rider's ( American's and non American rider's ) got worked. The only exception I see here is how bad Dylan smoked Arron.....and am still confused on that part of the whole weekend. That hadn't happened the whole summer , but Arron didn't stand a chance at this race.

And as good as what we saw Eli , Justin and Kenny all ride toward's the end of the season........they got worked over bad at MXoN's. It sucks to hear that....but it happened. We need to figure out why , and fix it.
Alex814
10/9/2018 8:19pm
Also, Aaron raced his 2018 rather then the new 2019, correct? And look what happened there.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/9/2018 8:21pm

MxKing809 wrote:
Actually.... had it not been for an engine failure for Searle he would have been worked by Searle and Lupino on ‘18s And is your question...

jeffro503 wrote:
How would you or anyone else know that? Look at where Justin finished and how Eli reeled in Kenny. About exactly the same as what happened...
How would you or anyone else know that? Look at where Justin finished and how Eli reeled in Kenny. About exactly the same as what happened this entire summer. I honestly believe that new 19' Kawi didn't hold him back at all. Our AMA rider's ( American's and non American rider's ) got worked. The only exception I see here is how bad Dylan smoked Arron.....and am still confused on that part of the whole weekend. That hadn't happened the whole summer , but Arron didn't stand a chance at this race.

And as good as what we saw Eli , Justin and Kenny all ride toward's the end of the season........they got worked over bad at MXoN's. It sucks to hear that....but it happened. We need to figure out why , and fix it.
Maybe he wouldn’t have improved time wise.... but bringing an unproven platform and having a DNF in the quali race is despicable.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/9/2018 8:22pm
Alex814 wrote:
Also, Aaron raced his 2018 rather then the new 2019, correct? And look what happened there.
Yeah, it made it through every moto....
kiwifan
10/9/2018 8:28pm
Great post Jeffro, for me its over, no use ranting on about something that cannot e changed, we need to suck it up, move on and look forward to next year and having better results Smile
wfoskir
10/9/2018 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 8:32pm
Lets face it, our team lost, suck it up! I am guessing no body feels worse than the riders. Its gonna be in there heads for a long time. They were not even close (Eli a little bit). I was hoping for a win or at least a good battle for the win. Not even close. Just a real bummer as a fan and worse as a rider (I would imagine). If our same team could go next year, maybe the motivation would be much higher. I would guess they would want redemption. You do need some luck also
Ifa, coulda,woulda, the Netherlands could have won if there 250 ride would have finished 5 places or so better in 1 moto? The French got a bit lucky on this.
jeffro503
10/9/2018 8:31pm
MxKing809 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
How would you or anyone else know that? Look at where Justin finished and how Eli reeled in Kenny. About exactly the same as what happened...

MxKing809 wrote:
Maybe he wouldn’t have improved time wise.... but bringing an unproven platform and having a DNF in the quali race is despicable.
It was weird timing on Kawi's part.....but besides the qualifying race , it didn't seem to hinder his performance at this race. Like I was saying , both Kenny and Justin pretty much finished exactly where they had been placing all summer long behind Eli. It's just that the top GP guy's were over a minute ahead at the checker's.

One example here , look at where Kenny and AC222 were at the beginning of moto 3. And where AC finished with no goggle's.

The bottom line.....our guy's here do not know how to be competitive in those kind of condition's.
wfoskir
10/9/2018 8:45pm
All that makes sense, I agree Jeffro.
I do not remember last year, was it this bad of a separation or did the Eros gain that much in one year? To me its a bit hard to believe the conditions made that much of a difference. I believe it favored the Eros but that much? I am just thinking they are faster right now.
But your observation of Ferrandis and Plessinger is true, I did not see that separation during the summer. However, the field is deeper with talent, more so than a typical MX or GP. More like Loretta Lynn's.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/9/2018 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 8:53pm
wfoskir wrote:
All that makes sense, I agree Jeffro. I do not remember last year, was it this bad of a separation or did the Eros gain that...
I do not remember last year, was it this bad of a separation or did the Eros gain that much in one year? To me its a bit hard to believe the conditions made that much of a difference. I believe it favored the Eros but that much? I am just thinking they are faster right now.
But your observation of Ferrandis and Plessinger is true, I did not see that separation during the summer. However, the field is deeper with talent, more so than a typical MX or GP. More like Loretta Lynn's.
Dylan vs. Aaron = Gate pick. Gate pick. Gate pick......

And last year Seely blew a shock both motos. Why anyone runs something different than they raced on all summer is beyond me and the only thing I’m frustrated about.
wfoskir
10/9/2018 8:57pm
wfoskir wrote:
All that makes sense, I agree Jeffro. I do not remember last year, was it this bad of a separation or did the Eros gain that...
MxKing809 wrote:
Dylan vs. Aaron = Gate pick. Gate pick. Gate pick...... And last year Seely blew a shock both motos. Why anyone runs something different than they...
Dylan vs. Aaron = Gate pick. Gate pick. Gate pick......

And last year Seely blew a shock both motos. Why anyone runs something different than they raced on all summer is beyond me and the only thing I’m frustrated about.
Don't buy the gate pick issue. Plessinger couldn't move up. Ferrandis moved up. maybe the bike
wfoskir
10/9/2018 8:59pm
Forgot about Seely and the blown shock in both races. Yea, that was a bad move. Good luck for the French
drt410
10/9/2018 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 9:08pm
80% of the people on here were shitting on the team, America in general, saying our series is trash...etc. Completely ridiculous that this 1 race made people say Eli’s ENTIRE career is now a fluke, joke, and hes terrible. Lets calm down we know thats untrue. Hes absolutely not. He does though have a tendency to have very bad off days though and we know this. But we also know that over the last 2 mx series hes gotten better at not taking himself out of it, now lets see in sx. People then wanna say how Villopoto went over there n laid an egg. Again not true, he won his second ever race, and was getting very good finishes, in a completely new series on a new bike vs new competition. When he crashed he was in 3rd or 4th going for a pass. stop it.

Then people want to say how our guys would go over there and do bad. For some reason using RV as an example. He was right in the Championship fight when he crashed what are you talking about. Yes Im sure thatd be true for a lot of guys but why are you then not looking at the other side. GP riders DO come over here all the time and they dont dominate and theyre not way better, this with our supposed easy tracks and bad competition. Americans still win 4sx championships RV, RD, the last one Anderson, RV RD outdoors with 2 from Kenny, then Eli last 2. Roczen is as close as it came and he was incredible Im a huge fan, but unfortunately the injury happened. Eli was also DOMINATING in 15’ so who knows if he never got injured too. The facts are though overall its the same case whether we go there or they come here both series are close in skill and its not easy for anybody. Lets calm down on ripping on Elis entire career over an off day come on.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
10/9/2018 9:20pm
Take the H out of your title, pop in an extra N and you are already there.

Haha sorry could not resist.

U.S.A will win again one day, good to see it being won by many other countries at the moment.

DOH, someone please beat team France next year haha.
make1go
10/9/2018 9:20pm
As an Australian, I would like to offer my most sincere appology for beating the US team.

Unfortunately gibbs kinda scewed our chances.

NorCal 50+
10/9/2018 9:28pm
The issue here is that US fans banked on the '86 victory for about 200 years and it became a new era in motocross, that one could argue lasted from 1986 until Sunday. The reason this is so dramatic is that it flipped the script so completely back to the European dominance. I think it could be a great thing for US motocross in the end, just like it was in the 70s. Maybe our whole scene needs to be shaken up.
jemcee
10/9/2018 9:29pm
What I'm hoping from here on out for the US team is instead of going in expecting to win, go in hoping to win and appreciating getting good scores and when getting on the podium actually look happy cause it was a hard thing to do, cause you appreciate and respect the other teams and It's not depressing or a shock to lose to them..

And what I'm hoping for the US fans is to enjoy the MXDN no matter what happens! Have fun with it! Sure support your team be invested in their results be stoked if you win, but it's just a race! Best race of the year? Sure, but it's just a race..

Honestly the reason it became the world against the US (I won't start on the chest thumping fans) was because the world bonded in getting beaten by the powerhouse team that was essentially the big bully from the schoolyard, and when that one kid took down the bully didn't you all cheer? You guys won for 13 years straight! Imagine France winning for the next 7 years! No matter what you threw at them! that's 2025! haha You'd be happy if anyone else beat them surely..

And I'll be even more honest, I loved when the US got beaten at Lommel, like FINALLY! But I didn't this year.. In fact it was prob worse for you guys I felt sorry for them haha and now I will prob be happy for them to win next year..

Maybe the year after haha
Flip109
10/9/2018 9:43pm
Im a fan of America but if they are not good enough fuck it. I kind of like the lesson. I like the challenge.

“Adversity does not build character, it reveals it.”

How much adversity do you think these Belgium’s went through to reach mx supremacy. Little Herlings growing up fighting through sand tracks from hell, devoting himself to being the best. How could anyone not like that. It was not easy no doubt and it’s cool to see it pay off. Now it’s our turn again. We’ve been spoiled. Let’s get back to it.

jeffro503
10/9/2018 10:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 10:32pm
One thing I didn't mention in my first post was what the terrain surface is like , makes a huge difference.

We go back just few years at Glen Helen....dirt is sort of prepped in a way between and AMA national and a GP. Same thing at Charolette. When the dirt is good....we are better than just being competitive.

What we had this weekend.....is what our guys aren't familiar with , and the GP guy's are great at it. We truly need different terrain in our series. Along with just more outdoor stuff , to even stay competitive in the MXoN's. Just another thought that was brought up in a conversation with one of my buddies.
jeffro503
10/9/2018 10:39pm
GH 2015 in the 250 class......that was with our 7th and 9th place guys. Jesse and Shane.

Post a reply to: We really need to stop whining......

The Latest