We need a 250 shootout

ccstrebe
After watching Osborne finish that race with a blown radiator hose, I would be curious to see how long the engine would last in each brand of 250 without any water in the radiator.
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/25/2017 9:45pm
ccstrebe wrote:
After watching Osborne finish that race with a blown radiator hose, I would be curious to see how long the engine would last in each brand...
After watching Osborne finish that race with a blown radiator hose, I would be curious to see how long the engine would last in each brand of 250 without any water in the radiator.
Heard it ended up being a valve cover gasket. So it was oil we saw burning.
tempura
7/25/2017 9:49pm
I'm not sure you're ever going to see a shootout that is aimed at starving the motor of vital fluids and blowing them up..lol
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/25/2017 10:16pm
ccstrebe wrote:
After watching Osborne finish that race with a blown radiator hose, I would be curious to see how long the engine would last in each brand...
Why? Do you want to mercilessly abuse your equipment? Smile
sickboy3636
7/25/2017 10:19pm
ccstrebe wrote:
I question that assessment just cause once the smoking stopped, it was over and there was nothing burning for the last 2 laps. First, if it was oil it would gone on much longer. And second, one thing is for sure, theres a chance that bike makes it across the finish without coolant as long as its moving.....if by chance it ran outta oil.....it woulda been over almost immediately. Plus his mechanic had "Rad Hose" on the pit board.

The Shop

sickboy3636
7/25/2017 10:22pm
ccstrebe wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Why? Do you want to mercilessly abuse your equipment? Smile
Lol......touche. The "How long you can neglect your 250F before it grenades shootout."
7/26/2017 12:24am
On a tangent, the 2018 250 shootouts should include 250 smokers. A lot of amateur racing org's now allow 250 4T vs 250 2T, so it would be interesting to see an all-in-one comparison with novice, intermediate and pro test riders.
tempura
7/26/2017 12:51am
On a tangent, the 2018 250 shootouts should include 250 smokers. A lot of amateur racing org's now allow 250 4T vs 250 2T, so it...
On a tangent, the 2018 250 shootouts should include 250 smokers. A lot of amateur racing org's now allow 250 4T vs 250 2T, so it would be interesting to see an all-in-one comparison with novice, intermediate and pro test riders.
Agree!
A much more relevant test, and one that many have been asking for.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
7/26/2017 2:23am
ccstrebe wrote:
I question that assessment just cause once the smoking stopped, it was over and there was nothing burning for the last 2 laps. First, if it...
I question that assessment just cause once the smoking stopped, it was over and there was nothing burning for the last 2 laps. First, if it was oil it would gone on much longer. And second, one thing is for sure, theres a chance that bike makes it across the finish without coolant as long as its moving.....if by chance it ran outta oil.....it woulda been over almost immediately. Plus his mechanic had "Rad Hose" on the pit board.
They talked about it a lot on Pulp monday night, said it was a valve cover gasket. Said the bike was covered in oil after the moto! I am sure the pit board said rad hose, because like the rest of us the mechanic assumed it was a hose. If it was a hose I think they would have been straight about it, it would make the motor look almost bullet proof!
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
7/26/2017 3:21am
I had assumed it was oil from the start, because of the blue-ish color, and because the "cloud" lingered way to long to be steam.

Post a reply to: We need a 250 shootout

The Latest