We could use this at every National

Crossup
Edited Date/Time 8/21/2012 8:49am
At the British GP, they added in the classes for the European Championship finals. It was great to see the kids on 85s racing. I would love to see a district 85 event at the local National.

|
machine
8/19/2012 6:52am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 6:52am
I would much rather see this then the WMA.

BTW- fix yer pic bro....
PaleBlue
8/19/2012 6:57am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 6:57am
machine wrote:

BTW- fix yer pic bro....
What are you? gay or something? Or just a bitter divorcee?

Just enjoy the women doing their thing or shut the F up.

We've had 65's 85's 125's womens and Vet's added to the normal meeting and it's turned a race meeting into something special. The "Festival" tag is earned in this case.
Katoom72
8/19/2012 6:59am
Kudo's to the Brit's for this great event. They show this sport some real love, wish more countries showed that kind of affection for our sport!
machine
8/19/2012 7:01am
machine wrote:

BTW- fix yer pic bro....
PaleBlue wrote:
What are you? gay or something? Or just a bitter divorcee? Just enjoy the women doing their thing or shut the F up. We've had 65's...
What are you? gay or something? Or just a bitter divorcee?

Just enjoy the women doing their thing or shut the F up.

We've had 65's 85's 125's womens and Vet's added to the normal meeting and it's turned a race meeting into something special. The "Festival" tag is earned in this case.
Was that really necessary? I just stated that I would much rather see the 85's than the WMA, it's my opinion. I'm not going to get into it with you, so let it go.

The Shop

WTF?
8/19/2012 7:40am
machine wrote:

BTW- fix yer pic bro....
I agree!!! Watching PW's race would be more exciting than watching the women race
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/19/2012 11:00am
Crossup wrote:
At the British GP, they added in the classes for the European Championship finals. It was great to see the kids on 85s racing. I would...
At the British GP, they added in the classes for the European Championship finals. It was great to see the kids on 85s racing. I would love to see a district 85 event at the local National.

Absolutely agree! I think that the "festival" type like the Brits are doing would be a great atmosphere to promote here in the states. 65-85-100 racing can be very exciting to watch!!
8/19/2012 11:05am
kzizok wrote:
Absolutely agree! I think that the "festival" type like the Brits are doing would be a great atmosphere to promote here in the states. 65-85-100 racing...
Absolutely agree! I think that the "festival" type like the Brits are doing would be a great atmosphere to promote here in the states. 65-85-100 racing can be very exciting to watch!!
Yeah, I think it's a great idea to turn a national event into an 8 hour affair.
flarider
8/19/2012 11:25am
Crossup wrote:
At the British GP, they added in the classes for the European Championship finals. It was great to see the kids on 85s racing. I would...

That's Davy Pootjes on top of podium
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/19/2012 11:34am
kzizok wrote:
Absolutely agree! I think that the "festival" type like the Brits are doing would be a great atmosphere to promote here in the states. 65-85-100 racing...
"The Brits are doing..." Wha?

Youthstream is British now?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/19/2012 11:41am
kzizok wrote:
GuyB wrote:
"The Brits are doing..." Wha?

Youthstream is British now?
OK, at the British GP then.
8/19/2012 11:54am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 11:55am
I read some of these replies and wonder how many here would just as soon see us pregnant and naked in the kitchen instead.

I love seeing other women race, especially at the enduro-x. Women pros could easily lap most of the anti-women's MX whiners on Vital. I don't know if we'll ever see a woman quality for SX, but we'll never see it if we pull out all of the support for women's racing. Young girls growing up with MX need heroines to look up to and something to work towards. That includes TV exposure.

I'd love to see 85s and 125s at the nationals, but neither is realistic in America. Why can't we be happy with what we have?
julienmark
8/19/2012 12:06pm
I read some of these replies and wonder how many here would just as soon see us pregnant and naked in the kitchen instead. I love...
I read some of these replies and wonder how many here would just as soon see us pregnant and naked in the kitchen instead.

I love seeing other women race, especially at the enduro-x. Women pros could easily lap most of the anti-women's MX whiners on Vital. I don't know if we'll ever see a woman quality for SX, but we'll never see it if we pull out all of the support for women's racing. Young girls growing up with MX need heroines to look up to and something to work towards. That includes TV exposure.

I'd love to see 85s and 125s at the nationals, but neither is realistic in America. Why can't we be happy with what we have?
So..Where can i come and see you naked and pregnant ?
8/19/2012 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 12:13pm
I read some of these replies and wonder how many here would just as soon see us pregnant and naked in the kitchen instead. I love...

It's funny to me that any time someone brings up not wanting to see a WMX race some crazy feminist comes in and tries to spin the argument into a male v. female debate.

Simply stating, "I'd prefer not to have WMX included at nationals" usually has nothing to do with the gender of the competitors but has more to do with the level of entertainment provided.

Also, your husband allows you to have the laptop in the kitchen?
HuskyEd
8/19/2012 12:14pm
Crossup wrote:

flarider wrote:
That's Davy Pootjes on top of podium
Kongols just took his shirt off!Blink
chrisbuehler
8/19/2012 1:00pm

Any local A rider will blow away the WMX riders
8/19/2012 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 1:03pm
I think that women's racing is very good for the future of the sport and should be supported.

Motocross doesn't have a great image. To the uneducated it's seen as dirty, crude, UNSKILLED and generally unnecessary. But the fact that there is a professional WMX class almost immediately dispels a huge part of that image.

Someone, a teenage girl perhaps, who comes across the broadcast and would normally brush it off as a purely masculine sport - would be hugely surprised to learn that women compete and that they have their own respected championship. They would immediately think differently about the entire sport. In fact anyone who didn't know much about MX would be surprised. And besides all that, it's the right thing to do. We should provide as many ways possible to make the sport open to everyone. These girls have worked hard and they deserve to be out there.

Back on subject... I agree the British GB was a huge success due to the wide variety of classes competing. It's funny but watching those kids clear those jumps on their 85's is actually more spectacular in a way than seeing the adults do it. It's unbelievable what they can do on those little bikes.
kongols
8/19/2012 1:05pm
HuskyEd wrote:
Kongols just took his shirt off!Blink
I have no problem with Davy, his father is whole another situation.
BAMX
8/19/2012 1:59pm
TripleFive wrote:
It's funny to me that any time someone brings up not wanting to see a WMX race some crazy feminist comes in and tries to spin...
It's funny to me that any time someone brings up not wanting to see a WMX race some crazy feminist comes in and tries to spin the argument into a male v. female debate.

Simply stating, "I'd prefer not to have WMX included at nationals" usually has nothing to do with the gender of the competitors but has more to do with the level of entertainment provided.

Also, your husband allows you to have the laptop in the kitchen?
Well said.....On the other side, I would rather watch women's gymnastics over men's.
loftyair
8/19/2012 2:09pm
I support women riding moto. But I would love to see a 125cc amateur and/or supermini race at the nationals.
WTF?
8/19/2012 5:19pm
Restated...... any local Schoolboy race could blow away the WMX riders (in most cases the Super Mini class too)
mx836
8/19/2012 6:49pm
WTF? wrote:
Restated...... any local Schoolboy race could blow away the WMX riders (in most cases the Super Mini class too)
Local School Boy and Super Mini? I'm not a WMX fan, but get real. The top few women would be competitive in A class.
fader418
8/19/2012 7:01pm
Funny thing is, NOBODY on this board could beat Ashley or JP$!
chrisbuehler
8/19/2012 7:15pm
fader418 wrote:
Ricky Renner posts here
chrisbuehler
8/19/2012 7:16pm
WTF? wrote:
mx836 wrote:
Local School Boy and Super Mini? I'm not a WMX fan, but get real. The top few women would be competitive in A class.
They would not be competitive in the A class! Have you seen the women in person?
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/19/2012 8:07pm
fader418 wrote:
hate to rain on the parade but there are several that could beat them.
WTF?
8/19/2012 8:36pm
mx836 wrote:
Not sure what races you have been watching, but at Freestone I watched JS7 put up a 1:59.1 in practice, Tomac put up a 2:01.8 as the fastest laps. JP$ had a fast lap of 2:14.5 which would not even earn her 40th gate pick in either the 450 or 250 class (those spots were filled by guys riding a 2:07 and a 2:09 respectively) So you are deluding yourself if you think they could be competitive ...hell, the C class was running better than a 2:14 on Monday!!!

At LL, the fastest female rider had a 2:09, 2:06 and a 2:04 in her three motos, better than 10 seconds a lap slower than any of the SB1 or SB2 motos. Do I even need to tell you what AC did to those times on his SuperMini?
8/19/2012 8:55pm
Thanks to WTF? this silly debate is over and we are spared from pages of idiotic OPINIONS.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/19/2012 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 9:33pm
TripleFive wrote:
Thanks to WTF? this silly debate is over and we are spared from pages of idiotic OPINIONS.
There is very little that WTF said that made any sense to the prior posts. I don't think anyone was comparing the WMX to the National guys.

That said, the top five in the WMX are very fast and fun to watch. The top ten are good. After that it drops off quickly. I've also seen a few out there this season that have no business being out there on the line in the WMX class.
Drtbykr
8/20/2012 4:05am
Sort of sadly, the best race at the Riverglade nationals was a super mini race. You could have thrown a beach towel over the top three on the last lap!

The pro's, lots of single file racing, everyone knows their place and seems to accept it.

And can we have a prerequisite that Monster girls must be able to do three cart wheels in a row, and have to do them at least every half hour?
WTF?
8/20/2012 4:33am
TripleFive wrote:
GuyB wrote:
There is very little that WTF said that made any sense to the prior posts. I don't think anyone was comparing the WMX to the National...
There is very little that WTF said that made any sense to the prior posts. I don't think anyone was comparing the WMX to the National guys.

That said, the top five in the WMX are very fast and fun to watch. The top ten are good. After that it drops off quickly. I've also seen a few out there this season that have no business being out there on the line in the WMX class.
What, exactly, didn't make sense to the other posts? Basically, I said the WMX was boring and slow (said Supermini and Schoolboy were faster). Someone else said that I was exaggerating and that the women could be competitive with the A class. I was merely pointing out why they are not even in the same ballpark (WMX and LL women are both the current best and the up and coming best so where else would I draw data from)

Post a reply to: We could use this at every National

The Latest