Way to be Hanny!

billyp330
1/11/2018 12:47pm
Donovan759 wrote:
1st, I didn't say that "what you said was illogical." I said "logic doesn't appeal to Vitards" aka you. 2nd. You ask a question. You asked...
1st, I didn't say that "what you said was illogical." I said "logic doesn't appeal to Vitards" aka you.

2nd. You ask a question. You asked for someone to "please educate you" ... Multiple people "educate you", which is what you asked for. Then you respond with ignorant statements like "So he choose to be homeless and is content. Doesn't sound like he needs help".

In what way does that show you have an interest in learning something?

Edit: I didn't answer your second question. What keeps a homeless person homeless other than their own aspirations is jail. It is illegal for a homeless person to be sleeping on public property. They have to do things like urinate in public. They get in fights to protect their territory. They use drugs to numb the pain of hunger. Sooner or later they get put in jail for an offense which is time they cant be working toward a job.

2. No one wants to hire an obviously homeless person. And as much as you'd like to think they have closets to put their suits in for job interviews... well... Maybe you still think they have those under bridges.

3. Being unqualified for current positions due to a changed workplace environment, a reason some people get fired, and as I'm sure you probably cant understand, flipping burgers at mcdonalds won't pay for many home situations.

Now. I'm sure, if you're stupid enough to read this, which wouldn't be surprising, you will have a rebuttal. That's fine. Cause all of this is going to get deleted. And with that being said....

Go Hanny. You rock for doing what you did and feeding those people. I'm sure you impacted their lives and maybe gave some of them the energy to go out and get a job working at Apple in the corporate offices.. Because miracles happen every day. And because sandwiches give your body energy to do the things.
lol No one on here as yet to give a real explaination of how homeless people are forced to stay homeless indefinitely.

My comment back to BobbyM was perfectly valid. Maybe you should read his post and think about it long and hard.

One person made a good point, Dirty Points, and I acknowledge it as so, even though it went against my argument. I am not the type of person to be completely stuck in my own way of thinking and am in fact very open minded in most cases. I simply wanted to hear a good example of how a homeless person had absolutely no choice in their living situation and I haven't heard one yet. There really isn't a right or wrong answer to this topic I feel. It's more opinion and perspective then anything. I have an amazing family, if somehow some horrible thing happened to them i'd lose my mind most likely. I'd have nothing to live for and who knows maybe i'd even end up homeless. The one thing I am sure about though is I wouldn't blame the state, country, or government for it and wouldn't care about getting a dollar from some stranger who feels sorry for me. People care way to much about stupid material things and put way to much thought into them.

So no I don't feel sorry for a homeless person because they are homeless. Maybe for the circumstances that lead to them being homeless but not for the actual state of being homeless as that to me at least is a complete choice.

Btw your points are terrible and I wont even give them an explaination of why because I feel its obvious.
BobbyM
1/11/2018 12:56pm
Donovan759 wrote:
1st, I didn't say that "what you said was illogical." I said "logic doesn't appeal to Vitards" aka you. 2nd. You ask a question. You asked...
1st, I didn't say that "what you said was illogical." I said "logic doesn't appeal to Vitards" aka you.

2nd. You ask a question. You asked for someone to "please educate you" ... Multiple people "educate you", which is what you asked for. Then you respond with ignorant statements like "So he choose to be homeless and is content. Doesn't sound like he needs help".

In what way does that show you have an interest in learning something?

Edit: I didn't answer your second question. What keeps a homeless person homeless other than their own aspirations is jail. It is illegal for a homeless person to be sleeping on public property. They have to do things like urinate in public. They get in fights to protect their territory. They use drugs to numb the pain of hunger. Sooner or later they get put in jail for an offense which is time they cant be working toward a job.

2. No one wants to hire an obviously homeless person. And as much as you'd like to think they have closets to put their suits in for job interviews... well... Maybe you still think they have those under bridges.

3. Being unqualified for current positions due to a changed workplace environment, a reason some people get fired, and as I'm sure you probably cant understand, flipping burgers at mcdonalds won't pay for many home situations.

Now. I'm sure, if you're stupid enough to read this, which wouldn't be surprising, you will have a rebuttal. That's fine. Cause all of this is going to get deleted. And with that being said....

Go Hanny. You rock for doing what you did and feeding those people. I'm sure you impacted their lives and maybe gave some of them the energy to go out and get a job working at Apple in the corporate offices.. Because miracles happen every day. And because sandwiches give your body energy to do the things.
billyp330 wrote:
lol No one on here as yet to give a real explaination of how homeless people are forced to stay homeless indefinitely. My comment back to...
lol No one on here as yet to give a real explaination of how homeless people are forced to stay homeless indefinitely.

My comment back to BobbyM was perfectly valid. Maybe you should read his post and think about it long and hard.

One person made a good point, Dirty Points, and I acknowledge it as so, even though it went against my argument. I am not the type of person to be completely stuck in my own way of thinking and am in fact very open minded in most cases. I simply wanted to hear a good example of how a homeless person had absolutely no choice in their living situation and I haven't heard one yet. There really isn't a right or wrong answer to this topic I feel. It's more opinion and perspective then anything. I have an amazing family, if somehow some horrible thing happened to them i'd lose my mind most likely. I'd have nothing to live for and who knows maybe i'd even end up homeless. The one thing I am sure about though is I wouldn't blame the state, country, or government for it and wouldn't care about getting a dollar from some stranger who feels sorry for me. People care way to much about stupid material things and put way to much thought into them.

So no I don't feel sorry for a homeless person because they are homeless. Maybe for the circumstances that lead to them being homeless but not for the actual state of being homeless as that to me at least is a complete choice.

Btw your points are terrible and I wont even give them an explaination of why because I feel its obvious.
You really need to get out in the real world more.
BobbyM
1/11/2018 12:57pm
Donovan759 wrote:
You're wasting your time BobbyM. Logic doesn't appeal to Vitards.
billyp330 wrote:
Please explain how what I said was illogical? Please give me a logical explanation of what keeps a homeless person homeless other then their own aspirations.
VET74 wrote:
It's called mental illness and substance abuse issues... one isn't a choice, the other started with a choice and turned in to an illness. I believe...
It's called mental illness and substance abuse issues... one isn't a choice, the other started with a choice and turned in to an illness. I believe the highest majority of homelessness is caused from these 2 conditions. It's unfortunate that the "me" generation can't see past the end of their noses to understand and have some compassion for their fellow man. For most I doubt that it is an issue with their work ethic nor is it a personal choice for them.
But you still don't know why for sure. You admitted it.
billyp330
1/11/2018 12:57pm
VET74 wrote:
It's called mental illness and substance abuse issues... one isn't a choice, the other started with a choice and turned in to an illness. I believe...
It's called mental illness and substance abuse issues... one isn't a choice, the other started with a choice and turned in to an illness. I believe the highest majority of homelessness is caused from these 2 conditions. It's unfortunate that the "me" generation can't see past the end of their noses to understand and have some compassion for their fellow man. For most I doubt that it is an issue with their work ethic nor is it a personal choice for them.
Mental illness is a valid argument, however all of the mentally ill people I have ever met are generally really happy go lucky individuals whom are perfectly content with just about anything. Is it sad they are mentally ill? Not sure because i like to measure people's conditions based on their happiness and since the ones I have had the pleasure of knowing are almost always happy I'd say they are perfectly fine. They don't need my compassion.

I'm not completely sure on drug addicts. I have a few in my family and it did start with a conscience decision to take the drugs in the first place so.... However, I do see some good arguments for the disease case. Honestly if I have to choose I side i say its still a choice. After all I did start with a choice regardless of your viewpoint on the "disease" idea.

Funny you call me a "me" generation when I pretty much go against everything the "me" generation believes. I'm more old school. Eye for an eye, no excuses, get what you put in type of person. Not the "poor me" or its the systems fault type.

The Shop

Donovan759
1/11/2018 12:59pm
BobbyM wrote:
Hey BobbyM, if youre ever in Pittsburgh, stop by my place for a beer. That is all.
BobbyM
1/11/2018 1:49pm
VET74 wrote:
billyp330 wrote:
Mental illness is a valid argument, however all of the mentally ill people I have ever met are generally really happy go lucky individuals whom are...
Mental illness is a valid argument, however all of the mentally ill people I have ever met are generally really happy go lucky individuals whom are perfectly content with just about anything. Is it sad they are mentally ill? Not sure because i like to measure people's conditions based on their happiness and since the ones I have had the pleasure of knowing are almost always happy I'd say they are perfectly fine. They don't need my compassion.

I'm not completely sure on drug addicts. I have a few in my family and it did start with a conscience decision to take the drugs in the first place so.... However, I do see some good arguments for the disease case. Honestly if I have to choose I side i say its still a choice. After all I did start with a choice regardless of your viewpoint on the "disease" idea.

Funny you call me a "me" generation when I pretty much go against everything the "me" generation believes. I'm more old school. Eye for an eye, no excuses, get what you put in type of person. Not the "poor me" or its the systems fault type.
How old are you... Serious question.
BobbyM
1/11/2018 1:50pm
BobbyM wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
Hey BobbyM, if youre ever in Pittsburgh, stop by my place for a beer. That is all.
Are you shitting me? My gorgeous wife is from Monroeville. Die hard steelers fan. I will look you up when we come out there.
Donovan759
1/11/2018 1:56pm
BobbyM wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Are you shitting me? My gorgeous wife is from Monroeville. Die hard steelers fan. I will look you up when we come out there.
Haha. That's too funny. We're 30 min from Monroeville. Please do.
billyp330
1/11/2018 2:08pm
VET74 wrote:
billyp330 wrote:
Mental illness is a valid argument, however all of the mentally ill people I have ever met are generally really happy go lucky individuals whom are...

BobbyM wrote:
Not sure why this matters at all. But based on your last comment "...need to get out in the real world" I'm guessing you have no real argument so your just fishing for information for more completely unintelligent vague statements that bring absolutely no contribution to the topic. But ill bite since I'm sure your next comment while be humerous to me. Im 24 years old. Married and have 2 beautiful kids.
PJ205
1/11/2018 2:15pm
billyp330 wrote:

Take a few psychology courses to learn about addiction and various mental illnesses, as well as neurotransmitters and their receptors then reassess your opinions. I forgot the exact numbers, but a high percentage of homeless people are schizophrenic, and I promise you that they don't willingly choose to suffer from it. A lot of the time their untreated mental health leads them straight to homelessness. There is also a large variety of reasons why it is hard to get them to start and/or stay on medication to help treat it. Either way, your experience around other people that are mentally ill and/or addicted to a substance of any sort cannot be blanketed over the rest of the people in the world suffering from the same types of problems.... everyone is different.
BobbyM
1/11/2018 2:19pm
billyp330 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
billyp330 wrote:
Not sure why this matters at all. But based on your last comment "...need to get out in the real world" I'm guessing you have no...
Not sure why this matters at all. But based on your last comment "...need to get out in the real world" I'm guessing you have no real argument so your just fishing for information for more completely unintelligent vague statements that bring absolutely no contribution to the topic. But ill bite since I'm sure your next comment while be humerous to me. Im 24 years old. Married and have 2 beautiful kids.
With age comes wisdom... You'll see.
BobbyM
1/11/2018 2:22pm
Donovan759 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
Haha. That's too funny. We're 30 min from Monroeville. Please do.
What city are you in? Pittsburgh is a fantastic place and kicks ass IMHO
billyp330
1/11/2018 2:34pm
BobbyM wrote:
Unfortunately, not for everyone.
Motoxdoc
1/11/2018 2:36pm
Threads like this expose those who lack compassion, empathy and understanding.....in my opinion.
1/11/2018 2:38pm
Those that Hanny gave some food to may or may not become useful members of society. The same holds true for some folks that didn't get sammiches!
Donovan759
1/11/2018 2:38pm
BobbyM wrote:
What city are you in? Pittsburgh is a fantastic place and kicks ass IMHO
Lower Burrell. Love the burgh. It’s great. Ton of woods riding near me too.
Donovan759
1/11/2018 2:42pm
BobbyM wrote:
billyp330 wrote:
Unfortunately, not for everyone.
When your account gets clicked, remember all that cool stuff you said about “you get what you deserve in life” or whatever. I stopped paying attention at that point anyway. Type on keyboard warrior. Type on.
kage173
1/11/2018 2:43pm
Jeez. Hanny can't even give somebody a sandwhich without people arguing about it. My question is where was he? I didn't see him in any qualifying times or results. Is he doing 250E?
Forty
1/11/2018 2:45pm
kage173 wrote:
Jeez. Hanny can't even give somebody a sandwhich without people arguing about it. My question is where was he? I didn't see him in any qualifying...
Jeez. Hanny can't even give somebody a sandwhich without people arguing about it. My question is where was he? I didn't see him in any qualifying times or results. Is he doing 250E?
Banged up....foot issue.
billyp330
1/11/2018 2:46pm
PJ205 wrote:
Take a few psychology courses to learn about addiction and various mental illnesses, as well as neurotransmitters and their receptors then reassess your opinions. I forgot...
Take a few psychology courses to learn about addiction and various mental illnesses, as well as neurotransmitters and their receptors then reassess your opinions. I forgot the exact numbers, but a high percentage of homeless people are schizophrenic, and I promise you that they don't willingly choose to suffer from it. A lot of the time their untreated mental health leads them straight to homelessness. There is also a large variety of reasons why it is hard to get them to start and/or stay on medication to help treat it. Either way, your experience around other people that are mentally ill and/or addicted to a substance of any sort cannot be blanketed over the rest of the people in the world suffering from the same types of problems.... everyone is different.
I took one. Just an intro though. We did discuss the exact things you mentioned however. With that in mind I guess there is no helping those affected because nothing can cure that. However, them living on the streets isnt what i feel compassionate about. I ofcourse feel sympathetic towards anyone with a true illness/disease like I would hope most due. This topic though is about homelessness not about illness. Different topics though i see your point, it is a valid reason for a person to be homeless, out of their control and therefore for those people I feel truly sorry for so i guess i do feel for some homeless people out there.
Motoxdoc
1/11/2018 2:47pm
BTW, how about the Nutup samples they were handing out at A-1? Copped almonds with a little flavor flav. I like their nuts!Dry Very tasty. Support those who support the sport!
billyp330
1/11/2018 2:50pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
BTW, how about the Nutup samples they were handing out at A-1? Copped almonds with a little flavor flav. I like their nuts!:dry: Very tasty. Support...
BTW, how about the Nutup samples they were handing out at A-1? Copped almonds with a little flavor flav. I like their nuts!Dry Very tasty. Support those who support the sport!
I actually wanted to try some but never got around to grabbing some. They are good though you say? Ill have to get some to try.
VET74
1/11/2018 2:53pm
VET74 wrote:
billyp330 wrote:

I'm as "old school" as they get, and have gotten where I am with that attitude. However, having about 30 years more of exposure to the human condition has given me a different perspective. Welfare is one thing, but homelessness and the primary contributors of it are completely different. I would suspect that in my 20's I might have had the same opinion you do, but years of watching people and their situations, but also committing time to serving others has changed that perspective.

I'm of the opinion that those of us who have been fortunate enough to find wealth and health find more true enjoyment and meaning in this life helping those that are less fortunate...regardless of the reasons why. You never know until you try it :-).
billyp330
1/11/2018 2:57pm
Donovan759 wrote:
When your account gets clicked, remember all that cool stuff you said about “you get what you deserve in life” or whatever. I stopped paying attention...
When your account gets clicked, remember all that cool stuff you said about “you get what you deserve in life” or whatever. I stopped paying attention at that point anyway. Type on keyboard warrior. Type on.
Right thats why you are still quoting me and commenting cool guy. If I'm just some keyboard warrior, what does that make you? Also, I doubt I'd get "clicked" being I never said anything bad, just stated my opinions on homelessness, just as everyone else. Either way it don't matter. It is what it is
billyp330
1/11/2018 3:04pm
VET74 wrote:
billyp330 wrote:

VET74 wrote:
I'm as "old school" as they get, and have gotten where I am with that attitude. However, having about 30 years more of exposure to the...
I'm as "old school" as they get, and have gotten where I am with that attitude. However, having about 30 years more of exposure to the human condition has given me a different perspective. Welfare is one thing, but homelessness and the primary contributors of it are completely different. I would suspect that in my 20's I might have had the same opinion you do, but years of watching people and their situations, but also committing time to serving others has changed that perspective.

I'm of the opinion that those of us who have been fortunate enough to find wealth and health find more true enjoyment and meaning in this life helping those that are less fortunate...regardless of the reasons why. You never know until you try it :-).
I completely agree with you. Well said. What Hanny did was cool but i guess I'm just a skeptical person and tend to lean towards publicity stunt. No idea which is the case as I dont know him at all. Hope it was genuine and if so good on him. If not w/e i get it. Funny how all these people on here will make bold claims that they are more compassionate then me all because I stated i have a hard time feeling for homeless people. Yet, i'd be willing to bet I've have put myself out there for others in need more then they. Or maybe not I dont know, just like they don't.
1/11/2018 3:09pm
Q: What do they call hungry people given food in a "publicity stunt"?
A: Fed.
Thanks to all involved.
Torco1
1/11/2018 3:38pm
billyp330 wrote:
lol No one on here as yet to give a real explaination of how homeless people are forced to stay homeless indefinitely. My comment back to...

"lol No one on here as yet to give a real explaination of how homeless people are forced to stay homeless indefinitely."

The short answer would be there just isn't enough resources available to save everyone.
bvm111
1/11/2018 3:42pm

Torco1
1/11/2018 3:49pm
billyp330
1/11/2018 3:52pm
Q: What do they call hungry people given food in a "publicity stunt"?
A: Fed.
Thanks to all involved.
Lol. Good stuff

Post a reply to: Way to be Hanny!

The Latest