Watching the outdoors....

ttugrad1793
I'm sure this has been discussed, but it's lost in other threads.

I have Roku.

I have MavTV app, which apparently DOES NOT include Motocross.
So you get the LucasRacing app - which is $7/mo.
But then it moves to NBC Sports, right? Which is free? Or do I have to buy the $60 plan they're pitching now?

Just a bit confusing.

Thanks in advance.
|
5/15/2017 9:23am
Ask a friend for their Playstation vue, Direct TV, Time Warner, Cox Etc Account log in.

Download the NBC Sports App, Input information and bang, you are good to go.....
DPR250R
5/15/2017 9:44am
Ask a friend for their Playstation vue, Direct TV, Time Warner, Cox Etc Account log in. Download the NBC Sports App, Input information and bang, you...
Ask a friend for their Playstation vue, Direct TV, Time Warner, Cox Etc Account log in.

Download the NBC Sports App, Input information and bang, you are good to go.....
So you can watch both motos live through NBC Sports app if you have qualifying cable subscription service? You don't need to buy the Gold Package?
TXDirt
5/15/2017 9:45am
Ask a friend for their Playstation vue, Direct TV, Time Warner, Cox Etc Account log in. Download the NBC Sports App, Input information and bang, you...

Wrong. The race is not on the NBC Sports App anymore. You need the NBC Sports Gold app and a paid subscription to the Motocross package. You can no longer use TV login credentials to watch the races on the NBC Sports app. Everything you just posted is wrong.
5/15/2017 9:58am

TXDirt wrote:
Wrong. The race is not on the NBC Sports App anymore. You need the NBC Sports Gold app and a paid subscription to the Motocross package...
Wrong. The race is not on the NBC Sports App anymore. You need the NBC Sports Gold app and a paid subscription to the Motocross package. You can no longer use TV login credentials to watch the races on the NBC Sports app. Everything you just posted is wrong.
Shoot! well thanks, last year I logged onto promotocrosslive.com and watched the first moto live there and then went on to NBC sports network and watched the second moto, looks like I will have to buy the package!

Sorry for the misinformation.

The Shop

jbomx363
5/15/2017 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2017 12:02pm

TXDirt wrote:
Wrong. The race is not on the NBC Sports App anymore. You need the NBC Sports Gold app and a paid subscription to the Motocross package...
You don't NEED the nbc sports GOLD app. Only if you want to watch the races LIVE or if you don't have a cable/sat provider/login.

NBCSN is free. (cable or sat log in needed) You will see it when it's on the broadcast air time. As in... mine is on Saturday at 5pm CST.

I don't have MAVTV...so I would have to buy the gold package or..ahem.. find other ways to watch 1st motos.

You could also watch ..ahem.. other ways too.

TXDirt
5/15/2017 12:13pm

TXDirt wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
You don't NEED the nbc sports [b]GOLD[/b] app. Only if you want to watch the races LIVE or if you don't have a cable/sat provider/login. NBCSN...
You don't NEED the nbc sports GOLD app. Only if you want to watch the races LIVE or if you don't have a cable/sat provider/login.

NBCSN is free. (cable or sat log in needed) You will see it when it's on the broadcast air time. As in... mine is on Saturday at 5pm CST.

I don't have MAVTV...so I would have to buy the gold package or..ahem.. find other ways to watch 1st motos.

You could also watch ..ahem.. other ways too.

On the TV the first motos will be live on MavTV. Second Motos will be aired Live on NBC Sports channel.

Online, they will only be available through the NBC Sports Gold app with a paid standalone Motocross subscription. You cannot use your cable or sat login to watch the races through the NBC Sports app like you could in years past. You can only watch it using the new NBC Sports Gold app with a paid subscription. You can't use your cable or sat login to use the NBC Sports Gold app.
Starcrossed
5/15/2017 12:21pm
What about the second motos that aren't aired live? Will those be available live online with provider log-in credentials? NBCSN is not showing all twelve rounds live. There are a few that are delayed, but I can't see buying the entire season package for a few motos.
TXDirt
5/15/2017 12:45pm
What about the second motos that aren't aired live? Will those be available live online with provider log-in credentials? NBCSN is not showing all twelve rounds...
What about the second motos that aren't aired live? Will those be available live online with provider log-in credentials? NBCSN is not showing all twelve rounds live. There are a few that are delayed, but I can't see buying the entire season package for a few motos.
All motos will be LIVE and commercial free through the NBC Sports Gold App with a paid Motocross subscription.
5/15/2017 12:51pm
Anyone here from the UK know how we can watch both motos live?
aeffertz
5/15/2017 1:10pm
TXDirt wrote:
I know you're just relaying the correct info but that's a stupid rule. I can still watch the races without purchasing the gold package through my regular cable subscription at home on the TV because I pay $165 a month for TV & Internet. They should still allow you to watch whatever live programming is on, on your phone/tablet/pc whatever like before, but you'd still get the commercial breaks and no on-demand feature.

Offering a commercial free, full event coverage with on-demand package for people without a cable subscription = Awesome!

Removing a service that higher-paying customers already had/expected = Retarded.
Starcrossed
5/15/2017 1:23pm
What about the second motos that aren't aired live? Will those be available live online with provider log-in credentials? NBCSN is not showing all twelve rounds...
TXDirt wrote:
All motos will be LIVE and commercial free through the NBC Sports Gold App with a paid Motocross subscription.
I have the channels thru my TV package, but wanted to know if the motos that aren't shown live on TV can be viewed live online with provider log-in credentials. I'm not interested in the subscription.
2thefront
5/15/2017 2:00pm
TXDirt wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
I know you're just relaying the correct info but that's a stupid rule. I can still watch the races without purchasing the gold package through my...
I know you're just relaying the correct info but that's a stupid rule. I can still watch the races without purchasing the gold package through my regular cable subscription at home on the TV because I pay $165 a month for TV & Internet. They should still allow you to watch whatever live programming is on, on your phone/tablet/pc whatever like before, but you'd still get the commercial breaks and no on-demand feature.

Offering a commercial free, full event coverage with on-demand package for people without a cable subscription = Awesome!

Removing a service that higher-paying customers already had/expected = Retarded.
There's some bad info being spread around. You will be able to watch on the NBC Sports app with your cable subscription.
jbomx363
5/15/2017 2:18pm
Can I use my cable TV provider login to access live streams just like I did last year? No, you can no longer watch the live streams using your cable TV provider login on the NBC Sports app. Live, on-demand and commercial-free streams will only be accessible with the NBC Sports Gold Pro Motocross Pass. Check your local TV listings for Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on NBC, NBCSN and MAVTV.

No on the nbcsn sports app.

Yes on the nbcsn gold app.

Yes on the tv channel nbcsn.

And the confusing part:

What’s the difference between NBC Sports Gold and NBC Sports App? NBC Sports Gold is a standalone streaming service that is purchased online directly from NBC Sports Group with no cable TV provider required. NBC Sports App is included as part of your paid cable TV provider (a cable provider with NBCSN is required).

TXDirt
5/15/2017 2:30pm
TXDirt wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
I know you're just relaying the correct info but that's a stupid rule. I can still watch the races without purchasing the gold package through my...

2thefront wrote:
There's some bad info being spread around. You will be able to watch on the NBC Sports app with your cable subscription.
No this is wrong. You cannot do that this season.
TXDirt
5/15/2017 2:31pm
jbomx363 wrote:
[b]Can I use my cable TV provider login to access live streams just like I did last year? No, [u]you can no longer watch the live...
Can I use my cable TV provider login to access live streams just like I did last year? No, you can no longer watch the live streams using your cable TV provider login on the NBC Sports app. Live, on-demand and commercial-free streams will only be accessible with the NBC Sports Gold Pro Motocross Pass. Check your local TV listings for Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on NBC, NBCSN and MAVTV.

No on the nbcsn sports app.

Yes on the nbcsn gold app.

Yes on the tv channel nbcsn.

And the confusing part:

What’s the difference between NBC Sports Gold and NBC Sports App? NBC Sports Gold is a standalone streaming service that is purchased online directly from NBC Sports Group with no cable TV provider required. NBC Sports App is included as part of your paid cable TV provider (a cable provider with NBCSN is required).

This is correct and accurate. Thank you for one correct post in this entire thread. Everyone should just read your post.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/15/2017 2:44pm
$50 bucks is worth it for the Gold to not worry about recording and to ditch the commercials that come with the normal NBC app
ttugrad1793
5/15/2017 2:49pm
meh - guess I'll just wake up the next day and watch on offroadvideos.org.
This is stupid.
RCMXracing
5/15/2017 5:02pm
So far thumbs down to NBC sports gold and here's why: I wanted to watch last seasons races on my TV with Apple TV (latest model and all updates). Part of the deal is 2016/2015 seasons. Well only some of them play and it's completely random. The ones that don't give me an error saying I don't have access to the content, blah, blah, blah. But of course I do and there's no "lock" icon on any episode. I have emailed the NBC people and they are looking into it.
FRUSTRATING!!
Raoul Duke
5/15/2017 7:26pm
TXDirt wrote:

Post a reply to: Watching the outdoors....

The Latest