Watching Nationals on Dish Network Not Possible?

ganny
Am I correct in that it is not possible to watch all motos of the Outdoor Nationals on Dish Network because Dish Network does not have MavTV?

|
MotoX85
5/17/2017 3:31pm
After being with Dish forever, I switched to Direct last year because of this reason.

No complaints so far and actually think now they are better than Dish
5/17/2017 3:35pm
If you've ever owned a motorcycle, you're used to throwing money at the sport. Spending $50 for the NBC Sports Gold pass which gives you 6 hours of coverage including qualifying races and every moto from both classes, live or on demand whenever you want, without commercials, is $50 very well spent in my opinion.

The Shop

5/17/2017 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2017 3:54pm
MotoX85 wrote:
After being with Dish forever, I switched to Direct last year because of this reason. No complaints so far and actually think now they are better...
After being with Dish forever, I switched to Direct last year because of this reason.

I personally can't stand the SD MAV feed on Direct. It looks horrible on a HD tv.
Gus
5/17/2017 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2017 4:08pm
Living the rural life my hands are tied when it comes to internet. I m sure half through Moto1 I ll be in overage on my internet.
Phantom 661
5/17/2017 3:59pm
MotoX85 wrote:
After being with Dish forever, I switched to Direct last year because of this reason. No complaints so far and actually think now they are better...

I personally can't stand the SD MAV feed on Direct. It looks horrible on a HD tv.
Yeah, I use to have time Warner and the SD sucked on Mav TV. However, we get Mav in 1080 on Direct where I live.
MattE303
5/17/2017 4:07pm
MotoX85 wrote:

Agreed, SD feeds on DISH are literally unwatchable, especially for any kind of sports, I'm sure DTV's are no better.
5/17/2017 4:08pm
ganny wrote:
Am I correct in that it is not possible to watch all motos of the Outdoor Nationals on Dish Network because Dish Network does not have...
Am I correct in that it is not possible to watch all motos of the Outdoor Nationals on Dish Network because Dish Network does not have MavTV?

Only second motos will be on Dish on NBC and NBC sports
MattE303
5/17/2017 4:11pm
ganny wrote:
Am I correct in that it is not possible to watch all motos of the Outdoor Nationals on Dish Network because Dish Network does not have...

yup, really sucks that DISH is so greedy and wouldn't come to terms with MAV when the contract needed to be renewed a few years ago. Call and harass them about it, better yet, call them out on Twitter about it. I did that the last couple years. The Twitter thing seems to really piss them off for some reason Evil
5/17/2017 4:12pm
If you've ever owned a motorcycle, you're used to throwing money at the sport. Spending $50 for the NBC Sports Gold pass which gives you 6...
If you've ever owned a motorcycle, you're used to throwing money at the sport. Spending $50 for the NBC Sports Gold pass which gives you 6 hours of coverage including qualifying races and every moto from both classes, live or on demand whenever you want, without commercials, is $50 very well spent in my opinion.
Definitely, $50 is less than what people pay to watch a single fight in HD. Just have your friends pay for the beer and you'll be set.
VoR
5/17/2017 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2017 5:29pm
I have Dish and last year watched all the MavTv races on the NBCSports app via FireTV. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Goldpass makes that obsolete?
just James
5/17/2017 5:57pm
Gus wrote:
Living the rural life my hands are tied when it comes to internet. I m sure half through Moto1 I ll be in overage on my...
Living the rural life my hands are tied when it comes to internet. I m sure half through Moto1 I ll be in overage on my internet.
I'll second that.
5 gigs of data per month doesn't go very far.
HD1200
5/17/2017 6:11pm
ganny wrote:

MattE303 wrote:
yup, really sucks that DISH is so greedy and wouldn't come to terms with MAV when the contract needed to be renewed a few years ago...
yup, really sucks that DISH is so greedy and wouldn't come to terms with MAV when the contract needed to be renewed a few years ago. Call and harass them about it, better yet, call them out on Twitter about it. I did that the last couple years. The Twitter thing seems to really piss them off for some reason Evil
I called them out on Twitter last year, they weren't thrilled, lol
5/17/2017 7:29pm
Im assuming this package is online only? Im wondering if we can get it for DTV? Sorry ive been working alot and dont have the time to actually research this myself.

If not, do they offer anything for just DTV to get practice and whatnot?
5/17/2017 7:35pm
Im assuming this package is online only? Im wondering if we can get it for DTV? Sorry ive been working alot and dont have the time...
Im assuming this package is online only? Im wondering if we can get it for DTV? Sorry ive been working alot and dont have the time to actually research this myself.

WHAT DEVICES WORK WITH NBC SPORTS GOLD?

NBC Sports Gold is available on iOS, Android, Apple TV (gen 4), Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and devices. Unfortunately, NBC Sports Gold is not currently available on Roku.

Here's their FAQ
5/17/2017 7:48pm
Im assuming this package is online only? Im wondering if we can get it for DTV? Sorry ive been working alot and dont have the time...

TripleFive wrote:
[b]WHAT DEVICES WORK WITH NBC SPORTS GOLD?[/b] NBC Sports Gold is available on iOS, Android, Apple TV (gen 4), Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and devices. Unfortunately...
WHAT DEVICES WORK WITH NBC SPORTS GOLD?

NBC Sports Gold is available on iOS, Android, Apple TV (gen 4), Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and devices. Unfortunately, NBC Sports Gold is not currently available on Roku.

Here's their FAQ
Thank you I appreciate it
Indymxer
5/17/2017 8:17pm
Just get Kodi and end the drama already. You can stream any sport imaginable for free. Why pay for cable or dish nowadays.
5/17/2017 8:46pm
Indymxer wrote:
Just get Kodi and end the drama already. You can stream any sport imaginable for free. Why pay for cable or dish nowadays.
You have to admit that Kodi isn't for everyone. Not the most intuitive option out there for the non tech savvy folks. $4something per race is well worth the price of admission; especially for the any race on demand for the next year aspect
ganny
5/18/2017 7:56am
Indymxer wrote:
Can I do the same with Plex (which I already have)? If so, how? Since I have a Roku (and not any other the other compatible devices), the NBC Sports Gold package will not enable me to watch the first motos on my TV.
tylermx967
5/18/2017 2:43pm
WE GET ALL THE RACES ON ARE DISH SET UP BY KERRY HARRIS SATELLITE SERVICE AND ALSO THE WWE NETWERK. THE GIVED US A FREE SHIRT FOR ORDERING THE MOST PAPER VIEWS.
MR. X
5/18/2017 2:45pm
tylermx967 wrote:
WE GET ALL THE RACES ON ARE DISH SET UP BY KERRY HARRIS SATELLITE SERVICE AND ALSO THE WWE NETWERK. THE GIVED US A FREE SHIRT...
WE GET ALL THE RACES ON ARE DISH SET UP BY KERRY HARRIS SATELLITE SERVICE AND ALSO THE WWE NETWERK. THE GIVED US A FREE SHIRT FOR ORDERING THE MOST PAPER VIEWS.
Paper views is my favorite thing you came up with.

Post a reply to: Watching Nationals on Dish Network Not Possible?

The Latest