Watching JS Go Pro following RV, I don't know if RC wouldn't have his hands full

sozo
Edited Date/Time 5/25/2013 3:17am
http://www.vitalmx.com/news/news/GoProHD-Hangtown-MX-Race-Laps-2013,3876

I'm just saying RV's riding is breathtaking....
|
sozo
5/23/2013 7:49am
If RC was the Arnold Schwarzenegger, RV is Ron Coleman so to say.. .the next evolution.
fader418
5/23/2013 7:51am
That would be epic....RV/RC battle....
5/23/2013 7:52am
two different riders dominating at two different times.

1st round out of 12 and everybody has been crossed off the championship already.
peelout
5/23/2013 8:01am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2013 8:23am
Marc_Honda wrote:
two different riders dominating at two different times.

1st round out of 12 and everybody has been crossed off the championship already.
i don't think anyone is giving RV the championship already, but it's hard to argue his dominance in round 1.

the GoPro just demonstrates it further, he fucking YARDED James after passing him

The Shop

Vitarded
5/23/2013 8:07am
sozo wrote:

The sport has evolved so quickly since RC's depart. There's no doubt in my mind that RV would handle RC. And i even believe that our new top 5 (RV, RD, JS, TC, JCool would even give Ricky a lot to handle. A lot of people forget about how fast the sport is changing, and how much the level of competition has elevated. RC will forever be the GOAT, but comparing him to our riders now is impossible, and those questions will never be answered.

I could be wrong with my opinion, but it makes sense to me.
huck
5/23/2013 8:13am
sozo wrote:

Vitarded wrote:
The sport has evolved so quickly since RC's depart. There's no doubt in my mind that RV would handle RC. And i even believe that our...
The sport has evolved so quickly since RC's depart. There's no doubt in my mind that RV would handle RC. And i even believe that our new top 5 (RV, RD, JS, TC, JCool would even give Ricky a lot to handle. A lot of people forget about how fast the sport is changing, and how much the level of competition has elevated. RC will forever be the GOAT, but comparing him to our riders now is impossible, and those questions will never be answered.

I'm not sure about your initial assessment... but definitely agree that arguing about different generations of riders is idiotic.
Vitarded
5/23/2013 8:20am
sozo wrote:

Vitarded wrote:
The sport has evolved so quickly since RC's depart. There's no doubt in my mind that RV would handle RC. And i even believe that our...

huck wrote:
I'm not sure about your initial assessment... but definitely agree that arguing about different generations of riders is idiotic.
I could be way off, like I said. But I just can't imagine a 2006 RC beating a 2013 RV straight-up. There's just so many things that have changed that would place RV in favour. Bikes (holy crap bikes are good now), fitness (Aldon Baker has progressed his ways ten fold since the RC days), and competition (RC had none lol).

Anyways, that's off topic, but WOW I can't believe the gap RV pulled on JS. I heard it was something like 2.5 seconds on the first lap? That's just another level. Godly.
DonM
5/23/2013 8:51am
Vitarded wrote:

huck wrote:
Vitarded wrote:
I could be way off, like I said. But I just can't imagine a 2006 RC beating a 2013 RV straight-up. There's just so many things...
I could be way off, like I said. But I just can't imagine a 2006 RC beating a 2013 RV straight-up. There's just so many things that have changed that would place RV in favour. Bikes (holy crap bikes are good now), fitness (Aldon Baker has progressed his ways ten fold since the RC days), and competition (RC had none lol).

Anyways, that's off topic, but WOW I can't believe the gap RV pulled on JS. I heard it was something like 2.5 seconds on the first lap? That's just another level. Godly.
Why would RC be riding an inferior 2006 bike against a 2013? So are you saying all things being equal RV would be faster that RC or that RV on his 2013 bike would be faster that RC was on his 06 bike? And what difference would it make until RV has 15 championships and 115 wins he cannot even be mentioned as even being close...
Vitarded
5/23/2013 9:01am
DonM wrote:
Why would RC be riding an inferior 2006 bike against a 2013? So are you saying all things being equal RV would be faster that RC...
Why would RC be riding an inferior 2006 bike against a 2013? So are you saying all things being equal RV would be faster that RC or that RV on his 2013 bike would be faster that RC was on his 06 bike? And what difference would it make until RV has 15 championships and 115 wins he cannot even be mentioned as even being close...
RC never faced competition like RV has. That's a fact. And not to mention that those records will never ever be beaten again because there are just too many top tier athletes in this sport now. But yes, if all things were equal I do believe that RV could go hand to hand with RC any day. Progress in our sport includes the skill level, speed, and talent pools. As time goes on we are introduced to faster, more talented, harder working riders (not comparable to RC but just in general).

Times have changed. I'm just comparing new to old. Obviously this debate could never be answered.
5/23/2013 9:05am
Rv would fill anybody's hands much like RC did. Let's leave it there.

The kid is wild end of story. Any up n comin mx'er should spend time studying.
sc961
5/23/2013 9:06am
Vitarded wrote:
RC never faced competition like RV has. That's a fact. And not to mention that those records will never ever be beaten again because there are...
RC never faced competition like RV has. That's a fact. And not to mention that those records will never ever be beaten again because there are just too many top tier athletes in this sport now. But yes, if all things were equal I do believe that RV could go hand to hand with RC any day. Progress in our sport includes the skill level, speed, and talent pools. As time goes on we are introduced to faster, more talented, harder working riders (not comparable to RC but just in general).

Times have changed. I'm just comparing new to old. Obviously this debate could never be answered.
Many felt the same about James coming up Vs RC. Looking back, there are always good competitor

RC, much like RV could raise his game to whatever level was enough to beat the competition. He worked harded, was willing to push the limits more, and wanted to win more.

I don't think you can realistically compare those two unless they raced each other in the their prime.
toroP
5/23/2013 9:15am
DonM wrote:
Why would RC be riding an inferior 2006 bike against a 2013? So are you saying all things being equal RV would be faster that RC...
Vitarded wrote:
RC never faced competition like RV has. That's a fact. And not to mention that those records will never ever be beaten again because there are...

Reed, late in his career, has passed and dropped RV. Chad, 2011, had a double digit points lead and the most moto wins before the launch at Spring Creek.

How did Reed, in his prime, do against RC? ...... what is it, one moto win, in three years? .......
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
5/23/2013 9:24am
If it was RC in his prime vs. RV of today, I would still go with RC. I learned to NEVER bet against RC in the outdoors. He was a straight beast when it comes to racing 30+2 outside and he would have found a way to win. Supercross is a different story, but Motocross is where he absolutely dominated.
THE_NOOB
5/23/2013 9:24am
It's gotta be hard for Bubba to get passed like that and just watch Villopoto pull away with ease. RC was able to step up his game and find another Gear to deal with Bubba, but I don't thing Bubba has another Gear to be able to match that kind of Speed RV has. That's the next evolution in Speed right there, Fastest EVER!!!!Woohoo

40Plus_922mx
5/23/2013 9:42am
1). RC would have already beat the crap outta RV's brain and heart, therby winning before the gate even dropped.
2). James finishing 3/3 after nearly a year off is incredible.
3). RV has the absolute best handling bike I have ever seen (or maybe equal with Reeds 03 YZ250 & his 09 RM450). This is a large part of his ability to ride the wheels off of it and never look back.
Just sayin.
had2comment
5/23/2013 9:42am
DonM wrote:
Vitarded wrote:

toroP wrote:
[b]Reed, late in his career[/b], has passed and dropped RV. Chad, 2011, had a double digit points lead and the most moto wins before the launch...
Reed, late in his career, has passed and dropped RV. Chad, 2011, had a double digit points lead and the most moto wins before the launch at Spring Creek.

How did Reed, in his prime, do against RC? ...... what is it, one moto win, in three years? .......
Exactly. You guys are ridiculous. I'm sure James is in his peak form right now. Aldon was the secret, Aldon has a secret.
DonM
5/23/2013 9:45am
DonM wrote:
Vitarded wrote:

RC had Stewart, Whindam and Reed in their primes who were there week in and week out year after year....RV has Dungey and....
You're obviously fairly young and wasn't really around when RC was...
THE_NOOB
5/23/2013 9:46am
You take the Ryans out of the series, Bubba would have won Hangtown and all the Bubba Fans would be saying he hasn't lost a step and was faster than ever, but the Ryan's are there and that's when Bubba's fans start saying he's not as fast as he use to be
VRR7
5/23/2013 9:49am
That Suzuki Sure has a motor in it - It pulled the Green and Red Fender off the Gates :-)
kawasa84
5/23/2013 9:52am
THE_NOOB wrote:
It's gotta be hard for Bubba to get passed like that and just watch Villopoto pull away with ease. RC was able to step up his...
It's gotta be hard for Bubba to get passed like that and just watch Villopoto pull away with ease. RC was able to step up his game and find another Gear to deal with Bubba, but I don't thing Bubba has another Gear to be able to match that kind of Speed RV has. That's the next evolution in Speed right there, Fastest EVER!!!!Woohoo

What I have noticed with you Noob, and other rv fans is you all still worry about JS7, when he is honestly past his prime racing, in about 2 years, if rv even stays in the sport, he will have his hands full with Barcia, Tomac, and Roczen, so enjoy your time, quit braggin about beatin Stewie, and get ready for the wave to mow rv down, personally I used to like him, but now I just can't wait to see him quit because he can't handle the losing, and it aint that far off.
Vitarded
5/23/2013 9:56am
DonM wrote:
RC had Stewart, Whindam and Reed in their primes who were there week in and week out year after year....RV has Dungey and.... You're obviously fairly...
RC had Stewart, Whindam and Reed in their primes who were there week in and week out year after year....RV has Dungey and....
I'm 20 and I've been around MX all my life. And just because I'm young doesn't mean I don't know what I'm saying. I know very well what RC has accomplished and who was around. And I'm sorry but since when was Windham or Reed ever serious competition for RC? Never. Yeah, a couple overalls here and there, RC is human. RC never faced an equal foe until the Stewart era. And even then it wasn't enough. So once again I say that RC never had the competition RV had.

RV has RD to worry about, JS to worry about, as well as VERY fast rookies that are at the beginning of their 450 careers.
MXR
5/23/2013 9:58am
kawasa84 wrote:
What I have noticed with you Noob, and other rv fans is you all still worry about JS7, when he is honestly past his prime racing...
What I have noticed with you Noob, and other rv fans is you all still worry about JS7, when he is honestly past his prime racing, in about 2 years, if rv even stays in the sport, he will have his hands full with Barcia, Tomac, and Roczen, so enjoy your time, quit braggin about beatin Stewie, and get ready for the wave to mow rv down, personally I used to like him, but now I just can't wait to see him quit because he can't handle the losing, and it aint that far off.
Couple weeks ago you said he would have nothing for Stewart or Dungey .
Vitarded
5/23/2013 9:59am
toroP wrote:
[b]Reed, late in his career[/b], has passed and dropped RV. Chad, 2011, had a double digit points lead and the most moto wins before the launch...

It's debatable when Reed hit his prime. So what does that information have to do with anything? Do you really think Reed's prime was back in the RC era? Hell no. Late in his career, yes. Reed, in his PRIME has been recent (2009 and onwards).
THE_NOOB
5/23/2013 10:02am
Well Kawasa84, RV's been beatin up on Stewart for about 3 years now, so Bubba must have gotten out of his Prime early
kawasa84
5/23/2013 10:11am
kawasa84 wrote:
What I have noticed with you Noob, and other rv fans is you all still worry about JS7, when he is honestly past his prime racing...
MXR wrote:
Couple weeks ago you said he would have nothing for Stewart or Dungey .
MXR, you don't like my posts obiviously, but you've been here since 06, so please stick around. When rv starts losing, don't change your name on here and hide.
Stewart, and Dungey got rv covered, like they will every week. I'll say that every week.
THE_NOOB
5/23/2013 10:18am
RV Covered, you can't be serious, Dungen might be able to keep RV in sight, but Bubba ain't even in the same Universe when it comes to a 30 minute + 2 laps moto, Give bubba a 30 second head start and RV will just run him down and win.
DonM
5/23/2013 10:25am
DonM wrote:
RC had Stewart, Whindam and Reed in their primes who were there week in and week out year after year....RV has Dungey and.... You're obviously fairly...
Vitarded wrote:
I'm 20 and I've been around MX all my life. And just because I'm young doesn't mean I don't know what I'm saying. I know very...
I'm 20 and I've been around MX all my life. And just because I'm young doesn't mean I don't know what I'm saying. I know very well what RC has accomplished and who was around. And I'm sorry but since when was Windham or Reed ever serious competition for RC? Never. Yeah, a couple overalls here and there, RC is human. RC never faced an equal foe until the Stewart era. And even then it wasn't enough. So once again I say that RC never had the competition RV had.

RV has RD to worry about, JS to worry about, as well as VERY fast rookies that are at the beginning of their 450 careers.
Just because he beat them all the time doesn't mean that they were weak...it just proves his dominance...don't forget two years ago Reed had RV covered up until his crash at Millville...Reed has also beat RV outdoors more times than he beat RC (once). JS is past his prime and nowhwere near the rider he was just a few years ago (2009) to be exact. We are only one race into the series to compare RV to RC at this point is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong RV is a great rider with some great opportunities in front of him but he's no RC.
So what your saying is that there's still some guys racing now as to when you first became a fan.
FlaNard
5/23/2013 10:26am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2013 10:27am
toroP wrote:

Vitarded wrote:
It's debatable when Reed hit his prime. So what does that information have to do with anything? Do you really think Reed's prime was back in...
It's debatable when Reed hit his prime. So what does that information have to do with anything? Do you really think Reed's prime was back in the RC era? Hell no. Late in his career, yes. Reed, in his PRIME has been recent (2009 and onwards).
Jesus Christ...Silly 2009 and onward is Reed's prime? Are you fucking high?!? A WELL PAST HIS PRIME Reed was able to smoke both the Ryan's for a while. Reed was rarely in the same area code as RC. I think a prime RC ruins this group just the same.
SEE ARE125
5/23/2013 10:33am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2013 10:36am
This place is hilarious. This thread is about RV vs RC and the fanboys saw the word RV and decided to invite themselves in and make it a JS bashing thread instead. It's like when your just chillin' at home and a buddy asks to come over for a beer and you tell him that's cool. Next thing you know there's 50 people in your house, beer pong on the dining room table, a dude on a jetski in the pool, some girl passed out in a shrub outside, an iguana taking body shots, and your damn mattress is missing. Dafuq?

Post a reply to: Watching JS Go Pro following RV, I don't know if RC wouldn't have his hands full

The Latest