Watch supercross together

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2018 6:41 AM

I wondered if there is interest in getting a centralized list of places that people watch the Supercross ready for the first gate drop of 2019.

I think the TV spectator culture for the sport is for people to watch in their homes but perhaps if there was a larger group of people watching together it would work in bars etc.

Do people already get together in their home towns to watch Supercross? Where do you watch?

Could he have people arranging locations such as bars prepared to show the races and get groups together in the same place to enjoy the races together?

Thoughts?

|

10/25/2018 6:46 AM

A big group from our mx club always get togeather and have a big a1 party, but its just at someones house not a bar

|

10/25/2018 6:52 AM

Went to Buffalo Wild Wings for MEC, it was pretty cool. But because of stick and ball sports, they couldn't put the race on any of the bigger screens so we watched it on one of the smaller 40" screens. Not something I want to do for every race, but I guess if it were more than just my buddy and I watching it would make it a bit more interesting/

|

10/25/2018 7:22 AM

When the technology became available to watch it while were camping in the desert we figured out that its cheaper to take the family to the desert for the weekend than it is to take them to see it in person. That became our A-1 tradition as that was the one race we'd make every year. If there was a local sports bar that showed the race I'd be down to go see a few that way. I know every year the subject of going to A-1 comes up, used to be a no brainer we just went. Then starting a few years ago when they (Anaheim stadium I guess ?) stopped any tailgating, starting funneling everyone here and there through this or that gate, wouldn't let you go back to your car after a certain time to get a jacket or whatever, cut off access to most areas during practice and a couple run ins with over zealous "Security" guards we got over going at all. So yes, I'd be down to meet somewhere in a sports bar with a bunch of motoheads and watch it there. Right now were in Ocotillo Wells for A-1. That's our new tradition. No plans after that

|

10/25/2018 7:35 AM

I'd love to have a group get together to go out to the desert for the weekend. Get out there to ride all weekend and watch SX.

Usually just watch at home with the family. I do know of some local bars that will turn it on if there are enough people asking.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/25/2018 7:37 AM

I just watch it at home by myself and chat in the race threads since there’s really no real interest locally.

|

10/25/2018 7:42 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I'd love to have a group get together to go out to the desert for the weekend. Get out there to ride all weekend and watch SX.

Usually just watch at home with the family. I do know of some local bars that will turn it on if there are enough people asking.

We'll be off poleline, it's like the price is right and Motel 6. "Come on down" "We'll leave the light on for ya" ! laughing

|

10/25/2018 7:44 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I'd love to have a group get together to go out to the desert for the weekend. Get out there to ride all weekend and watch SX.

Usually just watch at home with the family. I do know of some local bars that will turn it on if there are enough people asking.

sumdood wrote:

We'll be off poleline, it's like the price is right and Motel 6. "Come on down" "We'll leave the light on for ya" ! laughing

I've never been down there, but definitely need to! I'll keep in touch with you as it gets closer!!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/25/2018 9:01 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I've never been down there, but definitely need to! I'll keep in touch with you as it gets closer!!

It's the closest place for us, been going regularly since 1978. Let me know when. We can show you all the "Name Brand" jumps if you want to try them (I don't) laughing laughing As well as some cool canyons, ridges etc. Let me know. cool

|

10/25/2018 9:47 AM

sumdood wrote:

We'll be off poleline, it's like the price is right and Motel 6. "Come on down" "We'll leave the light on for ya" ! laughing

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I've never been down there, but definitely need to! I'll keep in touch with you as it gets closer!!

sumdood wrote:

It's the closest place for us, been going regularly since 1978. Let me know when. We can show you all the "Name Brand" jumps if you want to try them (I don't) laughing laughing As well as some cool canyons, ridges etc. Let me know. cool

As long as it's not do or die, I'm up for trying a few of them! I'll definitely let you know when. In the process of trying to buy a house right now so I have no idea when we will be able to get out, but the kids are bugging me to go riding!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/25/2018 10:17 AM

When I was in La we would always get together for A1, vegas finals and MEC at someones house. Since moving to SoCal I haven’t met any motoheads but Would be down to meet to watch if we could come up with a place near by.

|

10/25/2018 12:01 PM

For the past few years, I just hang out with my two cats and watch it.

|

10/25/2018 12:23 PM

The west coast rounds end pretty late here in Michigan. It would be pretty embarrassing to fall asleep in public at the local Buffalo Wild Wings....lol.

|

10/25/2018 12:47 PM

MudPup545 wrote:

The west coast rounds end pretty late here in Michigan. It would be pretty embarrassing to fall asleep in public at the local Buffalo Wild Wings....lol.

It’s funny you say that, I’m in Chicago and I even found them quite late on central time for some of the rounds.

|

10/25/2018 12:53 PM

aeffertz wrote:

I just watch it at home by myself and chat in the race threads since there’s really no real interest locally.

Yep. Sadly I feel like I’m probably the only person in my city that watches it laughing

Person: Did you see the game last night!?!?
Me: No, I watched the Monster Cup
Person: What the hell is that?
Me: sigh ermm

|

10/25/2018 12:53 PM

MudPup545 wrote:

The west coast rounds end pretty late here in Michigan. It would be pretty embarrassing to fall asleep in public at the local Buffalo Wild Wings....lol.

Beeby wrote:

It’s funny you say that, I’m in Chicago and I even found them quite late on central time for some of the rounds.

Psssshhhhh. Are you even true fans, bros?

tongue

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/25/2018 1:01 PM

MudPup545 wrote:

The west coast rounds end pretty late here in Michigan. It would be pretty embarrassing to fall asleep in public at the local Buffalo Wild Wings....lol.

Beeby wrote:

It’s funny you say that, I’m in Chicago and I even found them quite late on central time for some of the rounds.

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Psssshhhhh. Are you even true fans, bros?

tongue

Not drinking beer whilst watching might help but that’s kind of against the whole idea

|

10/25/2018 1:20 PM

I find myself watching most of the west coast mains the next morning on the dvr. The worst is when you fall asleep and wake up to the podium interview ive done that a couple times

|

10/25/2018 1:30 PM

aeffertz wrote:

I just watch it at home by myself and chat in the race threads since there’s really no real interest locally.

Mossy wrote:

Yep. Sadly I feel like I’m probably the only person in my city that watches it laughing

Person: Did you see the game last night!?!?
Me: No, I watched the Monster Cup
Person: What the hell is that?
Me: sigh ermm

You're not alone, no pun intended. I sit in the break room at work with all the other guys talking about stick and ball sports. I'm totally clueless....no idea who or what they are talking about. I'll mention that, "Hey, Dungey is riding a two-stroke this weekend against Villopoto!" Crickets..... nothing but stares and crickets.

|

10/25/2018 1:40 PM

Me and my friends would get together and watch the west coast rounds at our local pizza place. The owner was close with one of the privateers so she would stay open late to let us watch it. We are all under 21 so no bars for us.

|

10/25/2018 2:08 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I'd love to have a group get together to go out to the desert for the weekend. Get out there to ride all weekend and watch SX.

Usually just watch at home with the family. I do know of some local bars that will turn it on if there are enough people asking.

sumdood wrote:

We'll be off poleline, it's like the price is right and Motel 6. "Come on down" "We'll leave the light on for ya" ! laughing

I'm down. How far down the road? (And by "Pole Line," do you mean the one with the actual poles or the one a hundred feet away, parallel to it?)
Are you doing the "outside the RV, bigscreen" idea? I think I remember you saying you had that kind of setup.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

10/25/2018 7:31 PM

Mossy wrote:

Yep. Sadly I feel like I’m probably the only person in my city that watches it laughing

Person: Did you see the game last night!?!?
Me: No, I watched the Monster Cup
Person: What the hell is that?
Me: sigh ermm

I felt the same way when I was stationed out there. I even went to a couple of dealerships asking where they ride and all I got was... we ride street bikes. Vegas isnt the best place for moto either, but its a lot better than Hampton roads area.

|

2020 KTM 350 SXF

10/25/2018 7:35 PM

Most bars around me will put it on for us even if there’s just a few of us there drinking. No volume, but that’s actually not so bad ha

|

10/25/2018 7:37 PM

I would Down For watching together, in Southern Minnesota

|

10/25/2018 9:42 PM

When I open my chain of moto-themed bars across the country with full-time racing on the big screens, you can come hang out. (Imagine the possibilities- you'd actually be better off with a full range of motorcycle racing, not just moto, but that would be cool. BRAPPER'S) w00t

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

10/25/2018 10:35 PM

This thread has given me a good idea, though. I’m writing it down so I’ll remember it or someone can remind me when it gets closer.

I’d like to reserve a local pub area where we could do a Vital “meet up” and watch A1 or something for all the folks in the cold Midwest that can’t make it out to sunny California to see it live. I’ve done a couple similar arrangements but will need to creat a new thread closer to the date to get a headcount to see if it’s even worth reserving seats or not. It’s always a good time to put a face to the names though.

We just had a meetup at Cowboy Jacks a month or so ago for a radio show we’re all fans of and the turn out was crazy!
Photo

|

10/25/2018 10:57 PM

For my lady and I, it’s simple. Saturday nights during the SX season are looked at as our date nights. Our two oldest are college age, so we get to have a night to ourselves with all our fav stuff to chow down on. Some nights, I smoke ribs, chicken, etc...., some date nights I’ll mix up a batch of wings, whatever.... Regardless, it’s just fun. We get each other alone during the race, have some drinks and food, then we bench race afterwards. But, the best part comes later, as my lady and I cap off a great Winter eve to ourselves..... I love SX.

|

10/25/2018 11:12 PM

Beeby wrote:

I wondered if there is interest in getting a centralized list of places that people watch the Supercross ready for the first gate drop of 2019.

I think the TV spectator culture for the sport is for people to watch in their homes but perhaps if there was a larger group of people watching together it would work in bars etc.

Do people already get together in their home towns to watch Supercross? Where do you watch?

Could he have people arranging locations such as bars prepared to show the races and get groups together in the same place to enjoy the races together?

Thoughts?

Well hell don't forget about the names tags or better yet vital mx shirts with your name embroidered on the front, right above the pocket.

|

10/26/2018 3:52 AM

aeffertz wrote:

This thread has given me a good idea, though. I’m writing it down so I’ll remember it or someone can remind me when it gets closer.

I’d like to reserve a local pub area where we could do a Vital “meet up” and watch A1 or something for all the folks in the cold Midwest that can’t make it out to sunny California to see it live. I’ve done a couple similar arrangements but will need to creat a new thread closer to the date to get a headcount to see if it’s even worth reserving seats or not. It’s always a good time to put a face to the names though.

We just had a meetup at Cowboy Jacks a month or so ago for a radio show we’re all fans of and the turn out was crazy!
Photo

That’s sort of where I was going. Gauge interest in this and make somewhere people can post their meets ups in their town so others can join them

|

10/26/2018 3:53 AM

Beeby wrote:

I wondered if there is interest in getting a centralized list of places that people watch the Supercross ready for the first gate drop of 2019.

I think the TV spectator culture for the sport is for people to watch in their homes but perhaps if there was a larger group of people watching together it would work in bars etc.

Do people already get together in their home towns to watch Supercross? Where do you watch?

Could he have people arranging locations such as bars prepared to show the races and get groups together in the same place to enjoy the races together?

Thoughts?

BobbyM wrote:

Well hell don't forget about the names tags or better yet vital mx shirts with your name embroidered on the front, right above the pocket.

Hats. You forgot the branded hats

|