Washougal was Great

J. Sloan
Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 10:54am
Had a great time. I was really excited to see Dungey who was flying at Washougal; unfortunately bike issues in moto 1 hurt his overall results. Gotta give it up to Tomac and Sexton who were on another level. Chase killed it in moto two, but to that guy who thinks he broke Tomac...well I watched Tomac reel Sexton in, and pass Chase in moto 1. Haven't looked at laptimes yet, but in moto 1 Tomac looked faster. Having said that, I think moto 2 was a big confidence booster for Sexton, and if he continues to ride the way he did at Washougal, this title will go down to the wire.

The Lawrence brothers were on it at Washougal, especially Hunter. I had never seen Jo Shomoda race, and he's super fast and I was impressed. I was cheering for Justin Cooper and his second moto win solidified my opinion that, barring injuries, he should be the 250 pick for the MXdN. Also saw Carson Brown and Stank dog on their 2 strokes. Stank really had to take much different lines to get that 125 around the track and it was a cool fun factor deal to see.

As an aside: If they must go with a 250 guy, it should absolutely not be Tomac or Sexton since they are phenomenal on the 450 and will likely be fighting for wins. Dungey doesn't seem like a bad choice since you could count in his consistency. But I doubt Dungey wants to do it, so that leaves Craig and Barcia. To that I say, let them race this next race on the 250 to prove their worth. They are out of the title chase in the 450 class.

The weather was nice. Not too hot and not too cold, and a nice breeze. Took two of my friends who aren't moto heads, but I have gotten them into watching sx and moto. Seeing their speed in real life blew them away.
|
BadBoyBobbyB
7/24/2022 9:29am
The track didn’t seem good for passing at all. I really didn’t care for the tight switchback section. From that point on the race track, they all had to go single file, so it ruined set ups for passing around the rest of the track
gt80rider
7/24/2022 10:37am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2022 10:37am
Love seeing the clean racing up front.. truly awesome to watch!!
mxpro252
7/24/2022 1:23pm
Definitely happy that you had fun. I felt Some things at the track were quite a cluster. And similar to being stoked that you had a good time, I’m happy the turnout was massive, but it made it really difficult to see very much, especially for the little kids.
mwssquad827
7/24/2022 2:05pm
Sloan why in the fuck would you mention the last part of your post?? Good for you but don’t tell everyone about to take money from a track.. Christ almighty your an idiot.

Washougal was fantastic weather, racing in both classes was great and it was PACKED.. see ya next year shougal🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻 And I’ll pay

The Shop

Johnny Ringo
7/24/2022 2:08pm
The track didn’t seem good for passing at all. I really didn’t care for the tight switchback section. From that point on the race track, they...
The track didn’t seem good for passing at all. I really didn’t care for the tight switchback section. From that point on the race track, they all had to go single file, so it ruined set ups for passing around the rest of the track
How are you still here
Gary Duck
7/24/2022 2:19pm
Sloan why in the fuck would you mention the last part of your post?? Good for you but don’t tell everyone about to take money from...
Sloan why in the fuck would you mention the last part of your post?? Good for you but don’t tell everyone about to take money from a track.. Christ almighty your an idiot.

Washougal was fantastic weather, racing in both classes was great and it was PACKED.. see ya next year shougal🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻 And I’ll pay
I took my son to a race last fall and it was slow the night before so when I got to the gate 30 min before they closed up for the night the "new gate girl" had left early because she was bored. After waiting for a few minutes I pulled in set up camp and the next morning walked back to the gate to tell them no one was there when I pulled in. I then paid my gate and camping fees even though I didn't have to because I'm not a chiseldick.
J. Sloan
7/24/2022 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2022 3:19pm
Sloan why in the fuck would you mention the last part of your post?? Good for you but don’t tell everyone about to take money from...

I did pay. Bought 3 tickets online, but I didn't need them since no one bothered asking. The lack of gatekeepers at Washougal isn't my problem, and if anything, hopefully they make sure all entrances are secured for next year if they see this post and fix any issues.

J. Sloan
7/24/2022 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2022 3:20pm
mxpro252 wrote:
Definitely happy that you had fun. I felt Some things at the track were quite a cluster. And similar to being stoked that you had a...
Definitely happy that you had fun. I felt Some things at the track were quite a cluster. And similar to being stoked that you had a good time, I’m happy the turnout was massive, but it made it really difficult to see very much, especially for the little kids.
Yes, it was packed. I walked around a bit and sorta just watched in areas where there was an opening along the fence and then moved on to another area. Great racing and lots of fun. Hopefully the little ones enjoyed it despite viewing not being that good for them.
7/24/2022 3:02pm
The track didn’t seem good for passing at all. I really didn’t care for the tight switchback section. From that point on the race track, they...
My friend has more reason to hate the S turn than your whining ass does and I don't ever hear him talking shit constantly about it.

Jdawggg
7/24/2022 6:01pm
Traffic/parking on the way in was a nightmare!!! not complaining but also thought it was strange that we walked right in without showing tickets or being checked for anything..went back to the truck between motos and filled our cooler with beer no one even at the gate
J. Sloan
7/24/2022 6:46pm
Jdawggg wrote:
Traffic/parking on the way in was a nightmare!!! not complaining but also thought it was strange that we walked right in without showing tickets or being...
Traffic/parking on the way in was a nightmare!!! not complaining but also thought it was strange that we walked right in without showing tickets or being checked for anything..went back to the truck between motos and filled our cooler with beer no one even at the gate
My point exactly. No one was checking anything.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
7/24/2022 8:21pm
J. Sloan wrote:
Had a great time. I was really excited to see Dungey who was flying at Washougal; unfortunately bike issues in moto 1 hurt his overall results...
Had a great time. I was really excited to see Dungey who was flying at Washougal; unfortunately bike issues in moto 1 hurt his overall results. Gotta give it up to Tomac and Sexton who were on another level. Chase killed it in moto two, but to that guy who thinks he broke Tomac...well I watched Tomac reel Sexton in, and pass Chase in moto 1. Haven't looked at laptimes yet, but in moto 1 Tomac looked faster. Having said that, I think moto 2 was a big confidence booster for Sexton, and if he continues to ride the way he did at Washougal, this title will go down to the wire.

The Lawrence brothers were on it at Washougal, especially Hunter. I had never seen Jo Shomoda race, and he's super fast and I was impressed. I was cheering for Justin Cooper and his second moto win solidified my opinion that, barring injuries, he should be the 250 pick for the MXdN. Also saw Carson Brown and Stank dog on their 2 strokes. Stank really had to take much different lines to get that 125 around the track and it was a cool fun factor deal to see.

As an aside: If they must go with a 250 guy, it should absolutely not be Tomac or Sexton since they are phenomenal on the 450 and will likely be fighting for wins. Dungey doesn't seem like a bad choice since you could count in his consistency. But I doubt Dungey wants to do it, so that leaves Craig and Barcia. To that I say, let them race this next race on the 250 to prove their worth. They are out of the title chase in the 450 class.

The weather was nice. Not too hot and not too cold, and a nice breeze. Took two of my friends who aren't moto heads, but I have gotten them into watching sx and moto. Seeing their speed in real life blew them away.
Who said Chase broke him and in what context?
Richy
7/25/2022 4:58am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 4:59am
My friend has more reason to hate the S turn than your whining ass does and I don't ever hear him talking shit constantly about it...
My friend has more reason to hate the S turn than your whining ass does and I don't ever hear him talking shit constantly about it.

What happened there man? Probably obvious but I'm dumb, however that is a fair amount of blood either way, he all good?
Richy
7/25/2022 4:59am
J. Sloan wrote:
Had a great time. I was really excited to see Dungey who was flying at Washougal; unfortunately bike issues in moto 1 hurt his overall results...

mx510 wrote:
Who said Chase broke him and in what context?
Some dude literally started a thread with it as the title.
Bromley686
7/25/2022 5:16am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 5:17am

J. Sloan wrote:
I did pay. Bought 3 tickets online, but I didn't need them since no one bothered asking. The lack of gatekeepers at Washougal isn't my problem...
I did pay. Bought 3 tickets online, but I didn't need them since no one bothered asking. The lack of gatekeepers at Washougal isn't my problem, and if anything, hopefully they make sure all entrances are secured for next year if they see this post and fix any issues.

I don’t think he’s trying to say you took money from the track. He is saying, don’t post that info because the people who are dishonest or don’t care about supporting the venues we all love, will all take advantage next year and park there to avoid paying. Plus, it wouldn’t be good if that parking all filled up by spectators and those who need that space don’t have it available to them. Might consider deleting that portion of your post so it doesn’t become common knowledge. We all know that you know how to do that 😂
7/25/2022 7:15am
Jdawggg wrote:
Traffic/parking on the way in was a nightmare!!! not complaining but also thought it was strange that we walked right in without showing tickets or being...
Getting in was a complete clvsterfvck! It took my wife and I just over 3 hours to get from the traffic circle by the river in downtown Washougal to the “parking” area. Missed the first 250 moto and the start of the first 450.

The parking was a joke, too. Paid for a pass I apparently didn’t need. The field was a dusty, rutted out pos. Hit a big hole and ripped part of the rear bumper off our rental car. That was fun.

Also walked right in. Nobody checking anything. Parking, tickets, nothing.

This place has hosted a national event for how many years? Amateur hour at best.

Probably won’t be able to convince the wife to go to another outdoor race ever again.
7/25/2022 7:51am
My friend has more reason to hate the S turn than your whining ass does and I don't ever hear him talking shit constantly about it...

Richy wrote:
What happened there man? Probably obvious but I'm dumb, however that is a fair amount of blood either way, he all good?
He's all good it was from the 125 dream race in '20 some idiot tried to dive in on the second turn of the S turn. My friend was all ready in the inside line and hit him.

He's not sure what caused it entirely maybe front axle nut foot peg. He didn't even notice it at first just said he felt a warmth sensation and finished the race. I was in the same race ahead if him and when he came in I was like dude. Had a like hole in his leg almost required stitches. At least the guy who hit him went down.
karsmakers
7/25/2022 7:55am
Beautiful place but I do wish there were more passing options.
7/25/2022 7:56am
Jdawggg wrote:
Getting in was a complete clvsterfvck! It took my wife and I just over 3 hours to get from the traffic circle by the river in...
Getting in was a complete clvsterfvck! It took my wife and I just over 3 hours to get from the traffic circle by the river in downtown Washougal to the “parking” area. Missed the first 250 moto and the start of the first 450.

The parking was a joke, too. Paid for a pass I apparently didn’t need. The field was a dusty, rutted out pos. Hit a big hole and ripped part of the rear bumper off our rental car. That was fun.

Also walked right in. Nobody checking anything. Parking, tickets, nothing.

This place has hosted a national event for how many years? Amateur hour at best.

Probably won’t be able to convince the wife to go to another outdoor race ever again.
Wow they usually checked for stuff and before you could get in had to present your tickets and they gave out wrist bands. Damn you covid I could have gone for free this year 😕
Hudd_421
7/25/2022 8:33am
Usually CMS is a bitch at Washougal. My dad called me from the track Friday and his biggest observation was the lack of security that usually rules like the Nazi regime.
RyanD797
Fantasy
377th
7/25/2022 10:54am
Unintentionally walked in the back gate a couple of years ago without paying. We just kept walking towards the track. I know I looked confused, didn't walk in like we knew what we were doing. Maybe its a thing after practice is over, I'm pretty sure we only made it for the main motos, maybe one of the LCQ's. I tried my best to pay it back with merch, food, and many beer purchases.

Post a reply to: Washougal was Great

The Latest