BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
8/8/2017 5:58pm
Seely would soon get by Davalos

Style check: MM25 Vs ET3

Seely putting the power down

Wilson goes through one of the many g-outs

Davalos looked very smooth, and was one of the riders that impressed me the most

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/8/2017 6:07pm
Man! What an epic thread!

How often are you adjusting settings? Or, do you keep them set for sections? Like f, ISO, speed?
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
8/8/2017 6:16pm
Musquin was on it! Although Tomac did manage to get close and nearly passed him, MM laid down some fast laps and pulled away. It did look like Tomac toned it down after making a few mistakes, and maybe ET was focusing more on the championship than on the race, but Musquin rightfully earned his win with an impressive ride.

BB4 looked smooth, but not nearly as aggressive as he was before hurting his hand

Wilson trying to keep the front end low

Musquin taking the inside on the second leg of the S turn...

...while Tomac railed the outside

BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
8/8/2017 6:20pm
kzizok wrote:

How often are you adjusting settings? Or, do you keep them set for sections? Like f, ISO, speed?
kzizok, in terms of settings, I was constantly adjusting as the lighting was changing and as I moved from the sunlight areas to the shadows.

After a while you get used to it, but playing with setting is one of the things that makes photography a fun hobby for me.

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/8/2017 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2017 6:28pm
kzizok wrote:

BRZ wrote:
[b]kzizok[/b], in terms of settings, I was constantly adjusting as the lighting was changing and as I moved from the sunlight areas to the shadows. After...
kzizok, in terms of settings, I was constantly adjusting as the lighting was changing and as I moved from the sunlight areas to the shadows.

After a while you get used to it, but playing with setting is one of the things that makes photography a fun hobby for me.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, the settings are fun but Im new enough, that somedays I get frustrated as I seem to be chasing them more than getting them.

Anyway, great pics and write up!
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
8/8/2017 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2017 6:29pm
We wrap the 1st 450 moto with a couple of shots of Eli Tomac attacking the hills.

And I really dig the sunlight on him and the shadows in the background on this photo.

See you guys tomorrow!
wildbill
8/8/2017 10:18pm
... and the fans, and the "fuck it, lets win this championship view." Thanks BRZ! Smile
wildbill
8/8/2017 10:28pm

Here's one I took of Magoo there in the early 80's.
rpoint116
8/8/2017 11:42pm
Nice pics and great write up!!

How was Glacier National Park? It's on my to do list.
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
8/9/2017 2:59am
wildbill wrote:
[img]https://nachtflug.smugmug.com/Vintage-Motocross-1/general/dannyC/213322552_vpznS-L.jpg[/img] Here's one I took of Magoo there in the early 80's.

Here's one I took of Magoo there in the early 80's.
Cool shot wildbill!

I never saw Magoo riding in person and only met him at the 2007 MXdN at Budds Creek. At that time his health was already gone, and I was sad to see a guy as wild as Magoo in that state.
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
8/9/2017 3:02am
rpoint116 wrote:

Thanks rpoint116.

Glacier was incredible. In fact, if I had to choose between going back to Glacier or Yellowstone, I would probably choose GNP.

After I'm done with the race pics, I'll post a couple from Glacier.
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
8/9/2017 3:12am
250 2nd moto:

Savatgy wheelies away with the holeshot!

But we can see Osborne had a much better start this time, just behind the 3 Yamahas.

The S turn is always exciting in the first lap, when pack is still bunched up.

Savatgy emerges from the shadows as "the man" in the second moto, and was never challenged. What a difference a start makes!

Ferrandis up close!

Jeremy Martin always looks very centered on the bike, but his speed on this day just wasn't enough to run up front.

After a 6th place start, Plessinger never really recovered and finished in 9th. It's almost like him and Savatgy exchanged roles between motos.

BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
8/9/2017 3:29am
Savatgy, the surprising (after a 7th in the 1st moto) overall winner

Cianciarulo having the overall looked like a sure thing, until he started losing positions late in the moto

Mitchell Harrison progressed a lot this season. He was on it at Washougal.

Savatgy Vs Hampshire: the floater in the back of the track

Osborne, also on the floater, but from a lower angle

After riding with a lot of determination, Osborne was rewarded with a podium!

The heartbreak award of the day goes to Cianciarulo, who lost a position to Ferrandis in the last lap...

...which effectively took him from winning the overall to a 4th place for the day.

WeaverMX
8/21/2017 3:06pm
WeaverMX wrote:
Hey I just watched THE BPR Project about their 125 do you have any photos of their rider #391?
BRZ wrote:
[b]WeaverMX[/b], here's a short sequence from the first lap that shows Michael Sweney (#41), [b]Ryder Steffy (#391)[/b] and Tucker Saye (#693) jockeying for positions on the...
WeaverMX, here's a short sequence from the first lap that shows Michael Sweney (#41), Ryder Steffy (#391) and Tucker Saye (#693) jockeying for positions on the first lap. They on to finish in 10th, 11th and 14th, respectively.

som

Sorry about the soft focus, as I wasn't following anyone in particular.

It was more a case of "let`s hope something interesting happens here in the first lap." Whistling
Great Shots.. Thanks .. I really like what that team is doing.. They are not like the rest of them from what I have seen.
Trudare69
8/21/2017 3:58pm
rpoint116 wrote:

BRZ wrote:
Thanks [b]rpoint116[/b]. Glacier was incredible. In fact, if I had to choose between going back to Glacier or Yellowstone, I would probably choose GNP. After I'm...
Thanks rpoint116.

Glacier was incredible. In fact, if I had to choose between going back to Glacier or Yellowstone, I would probably choose GNP.

If mountain/glacier scenery is what you're after, hit up North Cascades National Park, about 3 hours from Seattle but the most rugged mountain scenery in the lower 48....

https://www.nps.gov/noca/index.htm

brewrabb
8/21/2017 8:06pm
rpoint116 wrote:

BRZ wrote:
Thanks [b]rpoint116[/b]. Glacier was incredible. In fact, if I had to choose between going back to Glacier or Yellowstone, I would probably choose GNP. After I'm...
Thanks rpoint116.

Trudare69 wrote:
If mountain/glacier scenery is what you're after, hit up North Cascades National Park, about 3 hours from Seattle but the most rugged mountain scenery in the...
If mountain/glacier scenery is what you're after, hit up North Cascades National Park, about 3 hours from Seattle but the most rugged mountain scenery in the lower 48....

https://www.nps.gov/noca/index.htm

Love the highway 20 route from I5 at Sedro-Woolley to highway 97. Beautiful, rugged, scenic drive that crosses the Pacific Crest Trail, of movie Wild fame, east of Ross Lake.

Post a reply to: Washougal - The Long Way Round

The Latest