Washougal MX - Race Discussion

jeffro503
7/28/2018 5:41pm
DPR250R wrote:
Any of you guys see the flag girl? Kinda funny.
MikeyB35 wrote:
Hahahaha yes!!!
Spat24 wrote:
Too funny. i think they stopped the live feed on purpose.
One of the finest NW wilderbeast's out taking a shower haha. Track crew trying to heard her back into the pen here shortly.
Ted722
7/28/2018 5:47pm
Ted722 wrote:
Tomac's in Musquin's head! ...Not.
No one called me out on this yet! Congrats Eli, you were the man today (and have been for the better part of the series). Finish this out and kick Herlings ass!
swtwtwtw
7/28/2018 6:07pm
At some point one gets “over it”, I think Marvin is “over it”. I hope he takes a few xtra days to play during the break and comes back as a moto to moto player. He has had a great year.
Drtbykr
7/28/2018 6:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 6:25pm
I don’t think Tomac will get in Marvin’s head this year.

Dunge said something on the broadcast, “if you keep getting bad starts you put yourself in a vulnerable position”...or something like that. I’m sure he telling Moose-can to play the odds, the championship is still very possible.
That guy was a thinker.

Up to Tomac to see how many of those rides you stick in a row without issue. Fun to watch, reminds me of reading about Hannah back in the day. Destroyer is a good nickname.

Race coverage was excellent, whoops angle is kind of unique. Looks dark in there.

Now, I gotta watch the scrap before moto 2. I’ll bet it had something to do with the devils juice, lol.

The Shop

Pigspit
7/28/2018 6:34pm
The only other guy to launch as deep as Tomac off the drop off was Villipoto on the first lap of the 125 race to pass Mike Brown.

Last half of the race, Tomac was launching all the way to the breaking bumps before the corner. You could hear him coming because he was the only one still on the gas going off, in the air, and after he landed.

It was just awesome.
2whlfun
7/28/2018 8:02pm
In practice Langston said no one is going 3-4 seconds a lap faster on this track.
7/28/2018 8:04pm
Insane second 450 moto! we were watching in the woods before the whoops and saw j hill get cross rutted off the track into a tree then laps later benny bloss crashed in the big dip. There were bikes coming down the hill fast and his bike was laying across the main line in a blind spot. My first thought was for sure the flaggers would get out into the track and make it known that someone was down but then I realized in horror they were not making the effort. Without even thinking I hopped the fence and ran uphill to the side of the track and waved my arms like a lunatic to warn the riders still coming down the hill and then to let bennny know when it was safe to get his bike. i feel somewhat conflicted about breaking whatever rules and running out there but I think it's sad that a fan has to run out and do the flaggers job. Ideally I think they should hire ex racers or well trained employees to flag but instead they had an inexperienced teenage girl covering the most dangerous spot on the track.
2whlfun
7/28/2018 8:06pm
722 got lapped when Tomac was going nuts in 2nd moto I’d love to hear him describe it!!!
bsharkey
7/28/2018 8:10pm
Insane second 450 moto! we were watching in the woods before the whoops and saw j hill get cross rutted off the track into a tree...
Insane second 450 moto! we were watching in the woods before the whoops and saw j hill get cross rutted off the track into a tree then laps later benny bloss crashed in the big dip. There were bikes coming down the hill fast and his bike was laying across the main line in a blind spot. My first thought was for sure the flaggers would get out into the track and make it known that someone was down but then I realized in horror they were not making the effort. Without even thinking I hopped the fence and ran uphill to the side of the track and waved my arms like a lunatic to warn the riders still coming down the hill and then to let bennny know when it was safe to get his bike. i feel somewhat conflicted about breaking whatever rules and running out there but I think it's sad that a fan has to run out and do the flaggers job. Ideally I think they should hire ex racers or well trained employees to flag but instead they had an inexperienced teenage girl covering the most dangerous spot on the track.
Was hill.ok
7/28/2018 8:14pm
Insane second 450 moto! we were watching in the woods before the whoops and saw j hill get cross rutted off the track into a tree...
bsharkey wrote:
Was hill.ok
He rode his bike back to the truck but he straight up nailed a tree so I imagine he's beat up. One of the scariest crashes I've seen especially since he's our local hero here
make1go
7/28/2018 9:19pm
wtf! ! so how does the promoter excuse this?

flagging is difficult and in some places you need 2 in one spot.

the flagger has to look the direction of the track and have their back to the on coming bikes..

thats why in some places 2 people should be in 1 place.

but what are the chances of that?
MikeyB35
7/28/2018 11:33pm
jeffro503 wrote:
One of the finest NW wilderbeast's out taking a shower haha. Track crew trying to heard her back into the pen here shortly.
Haha that shower scene had me all worked up
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
7/28/2018 11:54pm
make1go wrote:
wtf! ! so how does the promoter excuse this? flagging is difficult and in some places you need 2 in one spot. the flagger has to...
wtf! ! so how does the promoter excuse this?

flagging is difficult and in some places you need 2 in one spot.

the flagger has to look the direction of the track and have their back to the on coming bikes..

thats why in some places 2 people should be in 1 place.

but what are the chances of that?
The flagger before the jump that Forkner ate it on had no idea he was down either! I was blown away.
ledger
7/30/2018 5:51pm
What happened to Grant ?? Shows he didn't start the 2nd moto.

Post a reply to: Washougal MX - Race Discussion

The Latest