Washougal MX !!

7/20/2011 1:40am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 4:51pm
Hey I am going to Washougal this weekend, and it is going to be my first AMA national, is there anything I NEED to do for best viewing/experience?
|
kongols
7/20/2011 1:48am
Bring good attitude, the rest will fall in to places on it`s own.
TJRace
7/20/2011 5:46am
Get there early and stake out a spot on the hill (with chairs and/or a blanket). You might want to bring a portable FM radio with earphones/headphones to be able to hear the updates from the announcers (though they can be annoying as well).
Highsider
7/20/2011 6:31am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2011 6:31am
Try the fried rice/spring roll combo at the Chinese food concession...hmmmm!
jamma10
7/20/2011 6:47am
The crazy fast guy on the 250 ktm is Marvin Musquin. Thats all you'll need to know. Smile

The Shop

typ2vw159
7/20/2011 7:28am
Is your tv that place is full of tweekers.
motosmith
7/20/2011 7:41am
typ2vw159 wrote:
Tweekers, really?

Not true. No more than anywhere else in the country. Now drunk people are a different story.

I've seen dudes passed out before the first moto.
motosmith
7/20/2011 7:43am
I put on a little sun screen, grab my sunglasses and I'm good to go.

Hit up the Chinese food vendor. Best bang for the buck.
typ2vw159
7/20/2011 7:44am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2011 7:47am
typ2vw159 wrote:
motosmith wrote:
Tweekers, really? Not true. No more than anywhere else in the country. Now drunk people are a different story. I've seen dudes passed out before the...
Tweekers, really?

Not true. No more than anywhere else in the country. Now drunk people are a different story.

Motomike Where do you go? LOL YES REALLY!!!! tell me this is not Mike Smith or Steve?
kongols
7/20/2011 7:45am
typ2vw159 wrote:
motosmith wrote:
Tweekers, really? Not true. No more than anywhere else in the country. Now drunk people are a different story. I've seen dudes passed out before the...
Tweekers, really?

Happens everywhere in the world. This past weekend at GP of Latvia I saw a bunch of guy`s who didn`t even leave trailer parking lot.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/20/2011 7:51am
typ2vw159 wrote:
motosmith wrote:
Tweekers, really?

Yeah, passing out is bad form, and gets you scored as a DNF.
smit9722
7/20/2011 8:38am
Sit on the hill for best viewing and check the whoops out.
7/20/2011 9:08am
def hit up the Vietnamese Bistro soooo good! and id go about half way up horsepower hill towards the right side
Berni
7/20/2011 9:36am
typ2vw159 wrote:
motosmith wrote:
Tweekers, really?

kongols wrote:
Happens everywhere in the world. This past weekend at GP of Latvia I saw a bunch of guy`s who didn`t even leave trailer parking lot.
Happens everywhere and every sport. I have seen groups of people not just completelly drunk but snorting coke to see a soccer match....
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
7/20/2011 10:17am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2011 10:19am
typ2vw159 wrote:
motosmith wrote:
Tweekers, really?

Hahaha
The only "tweekers" I ever met up that way were both of you guys and a few of your buddies. Laughing
Well maybe a couple chicks I met over at the bear also. Wink
motosmith
7/20/2011 10:22am
typ2vw159 wrote:
motosmith wrote:
Tweekers, really?

FastEddy wrote:
Hahaha The only "tweekers" I ever met up that way were both of you guys and a few of your buddies. :laugh: Well maybe a couple...
Hahaha
The only "tweekers" I ever met up that way were both of you guys and a few of your buddies. Laughing
The Bear is a whole different story. Smile
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
7/20/2011 10:39am
motosmith wrote:
Tweekers, really?

FastEddy wrote:
Hahaha The only "tweekers" I ever met up that way were both of you guys and a few of your buddies. :laugh: Well maybe a couple...
Hahaha
motosmith wrote:
The Bear is a whole different story. Smile
LOL man,speaking of tweekers...
I just thought of something that made me laugh.
Remember that one tripper/tweeker dude "The Riddler", that built that retaining wall,pond & water fall in my yard at my old house up there? I think I sent him to you,to do some mason work for a couple days.
And you were like where in the hell did you find this freak at? LOL
Dude worked around the clock for 4 days straight with no sleep ,gathering rocks from the mountains and building all that stuff in my backyard...with a couple of his buddies (one of the craziest things I had ever seen).
Anyway, a couple months back that dude found me on facebook and sent me a message asking if I had any work for him ..LOL.
LoudLove
7/20/2011 10:59am
Either A) bail after the last moto gate drops, or Cool plan on hanging out for 3+ hours after the final race, lest ye plan on spending those hours behind the wheel...
Sondy132001
7/20/2011 11:04am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2011 11:04am
Hey I am going to Washougal this weekend, and it is going to be my first AMA national, is there anything I NEED to do for...
Hey I am going to Washougal this weekend, and it is going to be my first AMA national, is there anything I NEED to do for best viewing/experience?
Best track to watch RV on, he just flies there ! Don't plan on leaving right after the race, just kick back take in the day, leaving that place can really suck, why not sit at the track than sit on a two-lane highway ! All the food there in vendor area is kick ass, bring plenty of Rainer beer hahahahahah I brought it once and all my Washingtonian friends gave me shit, it's like drinking Fosters in Australia, you just don't, but Rainer is cheap lol Enjoy yourself it's one of the most beautiful tracks on the west coast !
CR250Rider
7/20/2011 11:21am
What's the scoop if you want to bring a camp trailer?

???
Sondy132001
7/20/2011 11:39am
Track History
Washougal MX Park opened in April of 1972 and has hosted a round of the AMA Pro Motocross Championship every year but once since 1980 (the year of the Mount St. Helens volcano eruption, mere miles away). Washougal is known as one of the most scenic circuits in the entire sport, and many manufacturers and sponsors use the facility for television commercials and photo shoots. The track itself is located in the foothills of southwest Washington, amid a forest of fir trees near the Washougal River, with the beautiful Columbia River at the bottom of the mountain. It's an old-school motocross facility where spectators can enjoy the sights and sounds of racing up close as the track winds through many elevation changes, such as the famous Dunlop Horsepower Hill and Scott Ski Jump.

A motocross fan first and foremost, track owner/promoter Ralph Huffman worked himself into the ownership role at the facility because of his love not only for the Washougal track itself, but for motorcycle racing in general.

"I got into the sport when my boys started racing flat track and motocross," Huffman explains. "I began to help out Clarks Branch Cycle Club in Roseburg, Washington, where my boys practiced frequently. I had access to equipment that could benefit the facility. From there, I kept helping out more and more.

"In 1980 Wally Brosamle, the promoter for Washougal, asked me to help out the first year they hosted an AMA Pro Motocross Championship event," Huffman continues. "Each year I helped out with the national. In 1985, he sold out to Bill Cantrell and I offered to continue to help with the event."

But things did not go so smoothly, and the track was removed from the national schedule in 1987. "That's when I stepped up to take over the facility with the help of my wife, Carolyn." Huffman adds. It didn't take long for the AMA to take notice, and in 1988, the national returned. Since then, the facility has boasted improvements every year. "I finally bought the facility in 1995," Huffman explains, "and we've hosted a national every year since and look forward to many more to come."

Tickets

2011 race tickets are now available! Click here to purchase.

2010 AMA Motocross Winners

450 class: Ryan Dungey (Rockstar Makita Suzuki)
250 class: Trey Canard (Geico Powersports Honda)

Track Address

Washougal MX Park
40912 NE Borin Rd
Washougal, WA 98671
541-673-1571
www.washougalmxpk.com

Amenities

Open Air Festival Seating
Infield Track Viewing via Seven Track Tunnels
Large interactive Sponsor Village
Food and Soft Drink Concessions
Onsite Camping
Enjoy fishing in our private stocked pond
Grandstand Seating
VIP Super ticket Viewing Areas with live PA feed, live timing and scoring, live race footage, private restrooms, and catering
Shaded Picnic Areas
Nearly 100% track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
Event Simulcast on FM Radio
Beer Concessions
Onsite Parking
Motorcycle Parking
Handicap Parking
RV septic pump service

Additional Info

Pets must be leashed at all times and remain in your camp site
No alcohol allowed to be brought into the park during the National event
No firearms allowed in the park at anytime
Cash Only

Directions

Portland, OR:
Take I-5 to I-205 to Hwy 14. Go East to Washougal. On 15th Street, turn left. Go 8 ½ miles to 412th. Make a left on 412th / Alder Rd. To Borin Rd, turn Left. Track is ½ mile down on the right

Where To Stay

Heathman Lodge - 360-254-3100
Holiday Inn Express - 360-253-5000
Phoenix Inn - 360-891-09777
Residence Inn - 360-253-4800
Springhill Suites - 360-250-5910
Staybridge Suites - 360-891-8282
Sondy132001
7/20/2011 11:40am
Hey I am going to Washougal this weekend, and it is going to be my first AMA national, is there anything I NEED to do for...
Best track to watch RV on, he just flies there ! Don't plan on leaving right after the race, just kick back take in the day...
Best track to watch RV on, he just flies there ! Don't plan on leaving right after the race, just kick back take in the day, leaving that place can really suck, why not sit at the track than sit on a two-lane highway ! All the food there in vendor area is kick ass, bring plenty of Rainer beer hahahahahah I brought it once and all my Washingtonian friends gave me shit, it's like drinking Fosters in Australia, you just don't, but Rainer is cheap lol Enjoy yourself it's one of the most beautiful tracks on the west coast !
VIP Super Ticket

$175

Full Event (4-Day) Pass

$60

Saturday General Admission

Adult: $40
Child (7-11): $30

Overnight Camping
Does not include event admission

Overnight camping for all 3 nights (Wed-Fri): $60
typ2vw159
7/20/2011 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2011 1:53pm
typ2vw159 wrote:
motosmith wrote:
Tweekers, really?

FastEddy wrote:
Hahaha
lol I know i was not on that list cuz ralph would come get me first have coffee and make me go wake up or find people

PIR and the bear gotta love thursday night.If you see ralph ask him for a 2011 washougal mx park hat pin he all ways has a pile of them made but you have to ask him if you want one.ralph is a cool old dude.
FIREfish148
7/20/2011 2:11pm
Check out the whoop section if you can get a spot. I stood there for a whole moto a few times. It was cooler when it was all two strokes. brap brap brap brap. You can feel the ground shake if you stand by the fence.
Uncleof2
7/20/2011 2:12pm
Get there early and set up a chair on the hill to the left of Horsepower Hill about 1/2 way up so you can see the bottom half of the track. Always bring and umbrella good for sun or rain. Should be about 75* on saturday so it will be perfect. Usually is
easy to manuever around the track once your there. Enjoy the races, and plan to stay a couple hours afterwards so you let
traffic clear and visit with fellow MX lovers. I, unfortunately have to stay and work, while everyone else in my family gets to
go and watch the nephew put a whooping on the comp. At least thats what I'm hoping for. GO RV2!!
JBlain619
7/20/2011 2:17pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
Get there early and set up a chair on the hill to the left of Horsepower Hill about 1/2 way up so you can see the...
Get there early and set up a chair on the hill to the left of Horsepower Hill about 1/2 way up so you can see the bottom half of the track. Always bring and umbrella good for sun or rain. Should be about 75* on saturday so it will be perfect. Usually is
easy to manuever around the track once your there. Enjoy the races, and plan to stay a couple hours afterwards so you let
traffic clear and visit with fellow MX lovers. I, unfortunately have to stay and work, while everyone else in my family gets to
go and watch the nephew put a whooping on the comp. At least thats what I'm hoping for. GO RV2!!
That aint right Unc!!! You should be there! You are getting a respiratory infection, and I think the proper remedy for that is fresh air on Horsepower Hill. I can write you an excuse for return to work on Monday!
jeffro503
7/20/2011 2:22pm
OH YEAH!! I'll be there with some buddies as well.....wouldn't miss it for anything! Mid 80's and sunny!!!
mxb2
7/20/2011 2:23pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
Get there early and set up a chair on the hill to the left of Horsepower Hill about 1/2 way up so you can see the...
JBlain619 wrote:
That aint right Unc!!! You should be there! You are getting a respiratory infection, and I think the proper remedy for that is fresh air on...
That aint right Unc!!! You should be there! You are getting a respiratory infection, and I think the proper remedy for that is fresh air on Horsepower Hill. I can write you an excuse for return to work on Monday!
You ll probably get him fired if his boss reads the note LOL!
jeffro503
7/20/2011 2:25pm
Here is some news for you guys. I guess from what I have heard from some people is Ryan Huffman may be doing the national this year. he's been riding hard and going fast. Even heard he's getting back into some descent race shape again.
jeffro503
7/20/2011 2:26pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
Man....that is just NOT RIGHT!! tell your boss he has no heart!

Post a reply to: Washougal MX !!

The Latest