Washougal Canceled?

TeamGreen
8/19/2020 2:55pm
So you didn't talk to the state authorities yourself? I have no problem with you cancelling the race. It's blaming Covid and "Phase 3" and the...
So you didn't talk to the state authorities yourself?

I have no problem with you cancelling the race. It's blaming Covid and "Phase 3" and the governor for the cancellation. NO state is in phase 3? I live here and ride at Washougal. If your reasoning behind the cancellation is the WA state authorities, WHICH YOU DIDN'T TALK TO YOURSELF, then you need to cancel the rest of the season. NO state is near our phase 3.

Washougal has invested lots of money and time making the track available to us and complying with all the restrictions. The local authorities and the state have been great in letting us ride. For example, the tunnels have a partition in them to separate patrons. Signs everywhere, more room for any Factory rigs etc to be 100 feet apart. It was just 3000 miles away.

It's OEM favoritism. It's going on at every race. I dare you to inspect the Factory Yamaha 250f motors and shame Yamaha. Hell, Shane McElraths mechanics were stunned that 250f Honda could pull the cheater Yamaha motor so they protested. Shane is a good kid but his resurgence might be 2mm on bore and 1mm on stroke.

GuyB wrote:
Thanks for your contributions, and for posting at Vital.
Proof!

Conspricay!

Drug Ring!
Silly
I'm actually 'chortled' out loud as I read Guy's post...in my head I heard it as...

"Thanks for playing along. Johnny, tell'em what he's won!"
mxnick
8/19/2020 3:11pm
pilotdude wrote:
The enormity of the logistical convenience and coincidence for the teams (OEMs) and the RLT-Race Leadership Team (MX Sports) who made this decision simply cannot be...
The enormity of the logistical convenience and coincidence for the teams (OEMs) and the RLT-Race Leadership Team (MX Sports) who made this decision simply cannot be overstated.
DC wrote:
What a dumb, wildly uninformed cheap shot.

DC
Racer X
Uhh no. Why were the OEM partners even consulted. They fly there riders back to CA which has the worst outbreak in the west. Did you...
Uhh no. Why were the OEM partners even consulted. They fly there riders back to CA which has the worst outbreak in the west. Did you consult any Clark County officials? Call the State office? Did you ask any non OEM teams. Team Honda, KTM, and Yamaha made noise. They have always run the show. They are running the Pro race anyway at Washougal.. With an 8K purse which is more money than the AMA gives its riders.

Mr Uhhh no: The OEM's have multi Million dollar programs involved - of course they are going to be consulted, it is simple common courtesy.

As for "flying riders back and fourth", the majority of the top riders are actually staying in Florida during the nationals.

And your comments on the purse are just wrong. The purse for national is much higher than $8k.
Johnny Ringo
8/19/2020 3:44pm
lamy962 wrote:
"When we scheduled the event nearly two months ago, it was with the full expectation that Clark County would move from what the [b]state of Washington...
"When we scheduled the event nearly two months ago, it was with the full expectation that Clark County would move from what the state of Washington was calling Phase 2 to Phase 3."

So no other state has phases?

*July 16: Governor Inslee suspended all major indoor/outdoor entertainment and reduced Phase 2 gatherings to five people.

It should have been canceled at this point as there is an obvious chance that the shit could go south and we wouldn't be in "what Washington state is calling stage 3".

Since 7/16 we have and will be putting on events with the states consent with more than 5 people. I get that Davey can't call out the OEM's for making the decision for him but it is what is is folks. I'm just glad we all get to enjoy some racing, whether it be from our couch or the fences! Thank you Davey and crew for making it happen!

Maybe, just maybe, the cards would be different if they would have put all the west coast rounds together so y'all didn't have to zigzag across the county like you do every year! I've been scratching my head on that decision for years now...

This is my home and have been working here for damn near 30 years now. Am I a little butt hurt it got "ripped away"? Damn straight I am because this is the best week of the year for me as well as people from all over the world I'm sure.. but I know that we'll be back better than ever next year. Now let's quit calling people out for being a little upset over it, for whatever reason. It's not just people from the NW getting riled up about it..
So you didn't talk to the state authorities yourself? I have no problem with you cancelling the race. It's blaming Covid and "Phase 3" and the...

I have no problem with you cancelling the race. It's blaming Covid and "Phase 3" and the governor for the cancellation. NO state is in phase 3? I live here and ride at Washougal. If your reasoning behind the cancellation is the WA state authorities, WHICH YOU DIDN'T TALK TO YOURSELF, then you need to cancel the rest of the season. NO state is near our phase 3.

Washougal has invested lots of money and time making the track available to us and complying with all the restrictions. The local authorities and the state have been great in letting us ride. For example, the tunnels have a partition in them to separate patrons. Signs everywhere, more room for any Factory rigs etc to be 100 feet apart. It was just 3000 miles away.

It's OEM favoritism. It's going on at every race. I dare you to inspect the Factory Yamaha 250f motors and shame Yamaha. Hell, Shane McElraths mechanics were stunned that 250f Honda could pull the cheater Yamaha motor so they protested. Shane is a good kid but his resurgence might be 2mm on bore and 1mm on stroke.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say, shut the fuck up.
8/19/2020 5:09pm

Netflix should produce a documentary series on you. I'd watch it.

What would it be called though?

The Shop

Post a reply to: Washougal Canceled?

The Latest