Washougal Apology

Homeskiddly
7/24/2013 6:57am
Looks like this camp is the Lindsey Lohan of motocross. A true champion would have ditched these clowns. Tony's biggest lesson to Mike has been how to be properly DOMINATED.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/24/2013 7:01am
KennyT wrote:
After reading through this I am amazed at the amount of total assfucks on Vital. Why don't you unforgiving rednecks get back to kicking your dog...
After reading through this I am amazed at the amount of total assfucks on Vital. Why don't you unforgiving rednecks get back to kicking your dog and slapping your toothless wife because she spilled moonshine on the lime green shag carpet in your single wide
So the wise people who can see through the bullshit, you choose to label???? Is this Tony?
Has Tony been a member of this board since 2006?

Wise people? People that have never made mistakes?

Gang mentality that loves to jump on the beaten whenever the opportunity arises. The guy came here to give an apology and the "wise" people should either accept it or move along. To continue the criticism even after he makes his first attempt to take responsibility for his actions should not be met with the reactions some of you are giving.
CamP
7/24/2013 7:03am
KennyT wrote:
After reading through this I am amazed at the amount of total assfucks on Vital. Why don't you unforgiving rednecks get back to kicking your dog...
After reading through this I am amazed at the amount of total assfucks on Vital. Why don't you unforgiving rednecks get back to kicking your dog and slapping your toothless wife because she spilled moonshine on the lime green shag carpet in your single wide
So the wise people who can see through the bullshit, you choose to label???? Is this Tony?
So what's your solution to this big "conspiracy"? A lynch mob, rope and large oak tree? Jeeezz.
vet323
7/24/2013 7:04am
Every single person screws up, many of us here have done far worse (I know I have). We have the good fortune of having our mistakes happen in a much less public manner than you, though.Since yours happened so publicly, your apology and penance has to be public as well- don't go into hiding.

If you do truly understand the position you put DC, Mike Genova, Moto Concepts and your sponsors in, I am sure that they will all accept your apology and allow you to make amends. Put your head down and work hard and you can grow from this. Everyone makes mistakes, but a person is defined not by his mistakes, but by how he deals with them.

The Shop

PressPassP
7/24/2013 7:09am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 7:11am
pilotdude wrote:
Ok just to clarify: --Jeff Alessi deliberately shines a green laser into the eyes of his brother's number one rival going back over a [i]decade[/i]. It...
Ok just to clarify:

--Jeff Alessi deliberately shines a green laser into the eyes of his brother's number one rival going back over a decade. It is Ryan Villopoto who gets the laser in the face and not any one of the other 39 riders on the line. Forget Malcom, that was long before the start of the race.

--He does this at precisely the most critical moment of the race--when the board goes sideways before the gate drops.

--He then blatantly lies about this deliberate act to anyone who will listen, even trying to drag other team members in to support his lies, while throwing his "ex" girlfriend under the bus.

--When Steve Matthes accurately reports the truth about Davey Coombs catching him red-handed, he doubles down on his lies allowing his father and team owner to back him up while he threatens violence to Matthes.

--He then spends several days using social media sites to continue to protest his innocence even after video and photographic proof show his guilt beyond any doubt whatsoever.

--A person whose true identity is unknown writes a perfectly worded press release labeled an "apology" which bears no resemblance to past writings of Jeff Alessi and posts it using Jeff Alessi's user name here on Vital MX. A press release that contains the statement, "I had no intent to harm either rider or affect their results." Right.

And now that 72 hours have passed, mostly filled with continued denials and even more bizarre accusations against the powers that be, we've got 4 pages of everyone falling all over themselves trying to sound more magnanimous then the last guy about how "we've all screwed up" and "it's time to forgive and move on" and "good for you Jeff, now you're a man."

Are you kidding me?
mxmasta wrote:
There are not a lot of times that I agree with you, but ths time I agree with your statement a 100%.
I have to (rarely Tongue ) agree with Pilotdude too,well done for owning up etc,but it's only after trying to lie,twist and wriggle out of it,things and if there was a lack of evidence we'd hear nothing

At the end of the day he's thrown a massive turd at the fan and there's only so much that can be cleared up..Angry
newmann
7/24/2013 7:11am
jndmx wrote:
You guys are sheep....the entire team knew what Jeff was going to do.
Very good possibility of them all knowing. Also a no brainer that they were all standing around shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly till all of their toes were gone. But the whole deal was stupid to begin with and got blown way the fuck out of proportion. The damage has been done and apologies are only going to go so far. But it was all damaged goods before the Washougal incident. Jeff pointing a laser at a dirt bike rider has no lasting effect on my daily life so it's no big deal to me personally.

Sheep? Now that's for the non moto section and all the loons who think our president is doing all the good.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/24/2013 7:13am
KennyT wrote:
Don't confuse cynicism with wisdom.
huck
7/24/2013 7:19am
TeamGreen wrote:
Bingo Nice post. Nay-Sayers can suck it. I'm going to say this only once: I'm of the opinion that Jeff is falling on the sword for...
Bingo

Nice post.

Nay-Sayers can suck it.

I'm going to say this only once: I'm of the opinion that Jeff is falling on the sword for the Team. I'm giving him my respect for that.

I've always liked this guy. I've seen him do some great things and help people in VERY Hard-Times & situations.
Rooster wrote:
Well I guess I can suck it then. He might be falling on the sword, but there isn't a hell of alot of blade exposed after...
Well I guess I can suck it then.

He might be falling on the sword, but there isn't a hell of alot of blade exposed after he tossed his brother, father and their boss onto it first. Not to mention his ex-girlfriend and all the other team members who's livelihoods have been jeopardized.

Like I said, this is a start. It's not exactly the first time he's come here to say he's going to reboot his life and smarten the fuck up.
exactly... The slurping in this thread is EPIC!

2 days ago most of these guys wanted to hang him...now they're holding him high, because of a well written letter? Give me a break....
FARANG
7/24/2013 7:23am
I didn't read the whole thread but it seems like Jeff has seen the evidence against him and released an awesome PR statement. His instagram statements tell me more about his character than this carefully worded speech.

I am sure he is feeling guilty right now, but time will tell if he really wants to improve himself or just escape the shit storm.

My sympathy is for Mike. There have been enough warnings but if this isn't enough to give him the courage to stand on his own 2 feet and finally ditch the circus then I'm afraid he will go the way of Jeff and Tony. His choice. And it won't end when he retires from the sport.
CamP
KennyT wrote:
Bingo!
RedRum666
Any PR release or apology for whatever the reason will of course be proofread, if not written entirely by someone else other than the culprit...We see this everyday --- our presidents speeches are written by a team of speech experts and so on..... Either way, whether its sincere or not, or written by Jeff or not - it had to come out from Jeff Alessi... I would expect we will see a MCR apology from either Mike or Tony ....Tony will still be out and the penalties are still being inforced....
Spartacus
7/24/2013 7:29am
Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic while some of the band continues to play on........
Outsider
7/24/2013 7:33am
Cool, yep time to move on.

This doesn't affect me or most everyone else on this board, but I'm sure there are people in the industry that may have more of an interest in these events and, unfortunately, an apology doesn't erase what happened. It's a start, I suppose.
RedRum666
7/24/2013 7:42am
I know I am nit picking here, but one thing I see is Team Alessi (thats who wrote this, the team) avoiding a direct apology to Ryan Villopoto...... JA admits flashing the lazer across RV and Malcolm and apologizes " to those two riders" for that, but to me, especially after all the history between the RV and Alessi camp over the years, its clear he went after RV for the obvious reason, its RV.....He (they) apologizes to the Stewart family, but why not the Villopoto family or a direct apology to Ryan Villopoto for once again trying to sabotage him......

Again, this is something that had to come out no matter who wrote it, but the actions themselves prove that Team Alessi will do whatever it takes to screw with RV- even if they are not even close to him on the track or in the points.....It must be such a hard pill to swallow to see their arch rival be the poster boy for SX/MX and have so much success while Team Alessi sits back and flounders from team to team.....
Tumblin
7/24/2013 7:46am
Jeff's apology was a script, but he had to come clean and for the most part he took resposibility. Sure he was backed into a corner, but the more this went on the harder it was for him to do so and he did. Up until then that's the only right thing he had done which he admits. However - he never apologised to Ryan, only the Monster Kawasaki Team in general, that's pretty telling.
But in the end Newman said it best; it's all pretty stupid, childish and got blown way out of porportion. Alessi's are damaged goods and winners are always going to rise above adversity. It may be interesting for us has-beens that never-were to entangle ourselve in another Alessi soup opera, but I guarantee you this the only effect on Ryan was it was some shitty roost he delt with before that gate dropped and he did it the way he's handled everything, twisting hard and chasing down the pack. I do hope both Mikes can also rise above this shit..
BAMX
7/24/2013 7:46am
LMAO, you guys take the fuckin cake for knob polishing. Same people ready to burn him at the stake are now standing patiently in line to...
LMAO, you guys take the fuckin cake for knob polishing. Same people ready to burn him at the stake are now standing patiently in line to polish his knob over an "apology" letter I mean PR letter. FML you girls still pass out at concerts lol.
Mostly, he was being burned at the stake because he was obviously lying and he didn't go this route in the first place.
kawasa84
7/24/2013 7:59am
Spartacus wrote:
Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic while some of the band continues to play on........
Davey Coombs even replied on here, basically he would like to move on and he certainly wants the sport and its fanbase to move on.
If anybody has a "Dog In This Fight" it would be Mr. Coombs.
You don't even have a dog in this fight, so your opinion is like alot others on this subject, "who gives a shit!"
Move on Brutha.
Tumblin
7/24/2013 7:59am
Ok , my turn to apologise for my reading comprehension, I now see Jeff had apologised to Ryan in that (his) first paragraph. Geeze, I'm glad I didn't wait as long as Jeff had. I feel better already!
fanger
7/24/2013 8:00am
good on you for apologizing, now get your shit together and come race the australian supercross series.
88sdad
7/24/2013 8:01am
88sdad wrote:
It's great that you've apologized Jeff, but I'm gonna be straight up with you. We've been hearing for years that you were going to get your...
It's great that you've apologized Jeff, but I'm gonna be straight up with you.

We've been hearing for years that you were going to get your shit together, you even put your life in the lords hands. Yet it keeps getting worse, maybe it's more than you're equipped to handle by yourself. Find someone to tell you story too and I hope it all works out for you.
thephoenix wrote:
I think Jeff should stop trying to get someone else to "help" him (aka jesus/tony/Barcia's dog/whomever) and take all responsibility for his actions, be a man...
I think Jeff should stop trying to get someone else to "help" him (aka jesus/tony/Barcia's dog/whomever) and take all responsibility for his actions, be a man, and fix all of his own problems.

Self reliance and personal accountability goes a very long way.

Good start with the apology.
I meant professional help. Some times it takes help to stand on your own two feet, especially if you weren't given the tools.
Taylor156
7/24/2013 8:09am
Appreciate the PR release Jeff I am glad you stepped up, now let's get Mike and the track and let's go racing !
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/24/2013 8:14am
Tumblin wrote:
Jeff's apology was a script, but he had to come clean and for the most part he took resposibility. Sure he was backed into a corner...
Jeff's apology was a script, but he had to come clean and for the most part he took resposibility. Sure he was backed into a corner, but the more this went on the harder it was for him to do so and he did. Up until then that's the only right thing he had done which he admits. However - he never apologised to Ryan, only the Monster Kawasaki Team in general, that's pretty telling.
But in the end Newman said it best; it's all pretty stupid, childish and got blown way out of porportion. Alessi's are damaged goods and winners are always going to rise above adversity. It may be interesting for us has-beens that never-were to entangle ourselve in another Alessi soup opera, but I guarantee you this the only effect on Ryan was it was some shitty roost he delt with before that gate dropped and he did it the way he's handled everything, twisting hard and chasing down the pack. I do hope both Mikes can also rise above this shit..
"Jeff's apology was a script:" this is the kind of thing anyone can write and really means nothing. People have been saying he needs to apologize, but then when he does it's not good enough. If what people are demanding is a "sincere" apology, I don't see what more the kid can do to offer one unless you want it in his own semi-literate composition, which really wouldn't change a thing at all.

In reality, all that matters is how he handles himself in the days to come. I'm not sure there are many people on this board who have their neck out on whether Jeff learns from this and makes better choices. The extent of most folks' stake in this is whether they get to throw more stones. The people who have to depend on Jeff can hold him accountable for his sincerity.
Racer92
7/24/2013 8:14am
88sdad wrote:
I meant professional help. Some times it takes help to stand on your own two feet, especially if you weren't given the tools.
Good advice right there.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/24/2013 8:22am
Outsider wrote:
Cool, yep time to move on. This doesn't affect me or most everyone else on this board, but I'm sure there are people in the industry...
Cool, yep time to move on.

This doesn't affect me or most everyone else on this board, but I'm sure there are people in the industry that may have more of an interest in these events and, unfortunately, an apology doesn't erase what happened. It's a start, I suppose.
Apologies never erase what happened, and they always are only a start.
SpeedyR
7/24/2013 8:23am
good to see Jeff stand up and take account for his actions.

IMHO the best way to move on would be to contact Davey and ask what he can do to help out with the next few round. Putting up banners, corner working, picking up trash, doesn't matter. Just show him that you are in it for the interest of the sport. Jeff needs to show that he can be accountable for his actions and that he is sorry. Actions speak louder than words, and your previous actions aren't showing too well right now.

Take the bull by the horns and step up to the plate. I think you'll be surprised by the support you get if people feel like you WANT to improve things. Look at other racers who have fallen away (Jlaw, anthony gobert) that were given many opportunities to succeed. People want to see other succeed and I think Mike has done a good job of just putting his head down and doing his best. Take some time to figure out what you need to do to make things right...
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1623rd
7/24/2013 8:27am
The apology may be a case of shutting the barn door after the horse left, but oh well.
CR250Rider
7/24/2013 8:28am
daddy must have fed him paint chips.

whole thing makes me sick
toroP
7/24/2013 8:33am
So Jeff apologized to DC?

The same DC that Tony said they filed assault charges against?

And just as Tony begins his 2 year plan to take down MXSports and it's mysterious drug ring?
Choppy
7/24/2013 8:36am
toroP wrote:
So Jeff apologized to DC? The same DC that Tony said they filed assault charges against? And just as Tony begins his 2 year plan to...
So Jeff apologized to DC?

The same DC that Tony said they filed assault charges against?

And just as Tony begins his 2 year plan to take down MXSports and it's mysterious drug ring?
Yeah, Jeff apologized but I wonder if Tony is a big enough of a man to do so.

Post a reply to: Washougal Apology

The Latest