Washougal Apology

jemcee
7/24/2013 2:29am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 2:32am
FlaNard wrote:
It doesn't have a damn thing to do with "buying" it. Its more a case of not wanting to kick a man while he is down...
It doesn't have a damn thing to do with "buying" it. Its more a case of not wanting to kick a man while he is down after he took the first step to try and fix the mess he created. Regardless of his reasoning for apologizing its a start. People don't have to forget, but they also don't need to keep bashing the guy. He apologized to the only people who were owed it. They and Jeff will sort it out from here.
well yeah it was a good apology but he apologised to them on vital, they're not gonna see it unless they come in here and read it he might have done it face to face I don't know
I also wonder is he apologising because he realises it's the right thing to do or because he got caught?
I really don't mind either way like you say he doesn't owe me a thing.

I actually don't really think the laser thing was all that bad I mean it was because it was flat out cheating, an obvious ploy to fuck up Villopoto's start, but I don't think he was trying to hurt him in any way. Different story if he was doing it up horsepower hill or before a jump

but the whole Tony fiasco was something else!! My dad has defended me it looked nothing like that

Edit: Flanard, sorry man seems you've been getting much the same off others didn't mean to pile on haha
plowboy
7/24/2013 3:02am
I wish it hadn't gotten so out of hand but thanks for doing the right thing Jeff. It'll be ok if you let it.
7/24/2013 3:10am
Nice apology man, it doesn't matter who actually penned it for you as long as you had a hand in it and it was your words behind the apology, just know some of these guys are still gonna rough on you, but you have done all a MAN has to do, you have taken responsibility for your actions and as long as you learn from this mistake you will be a better person in the long run. Good Luck in the future young man
7/24/2013 3:27am
88sdad wrote:
It's great that you've apologized Jeff, but I'm gonna be straight up with you. We've been hearing for years that you were going to get your...
It's great that you've apologized Jeff, but I'm gonna be straight up with you.

We've been hearing for years that you were going to get your shit together, you even put your life in the lords hands. Yet it keeps getting worse, maybe it's more than you're equipped to handle by yourself. Find someone to tell you story too and I hope it all works out for you.
I think Jeff should stop trying to get someone else to "help" him (aka jesus/tony/Barcia's dog/whomever) and take all responsibility for his actions, be a man, and fix all of his own problems.

Self reliance and personal accountability goes a very long way.

Good start with the apology.

The Shop

bobby397
7/24/2013 3:29am
Definitely the right thing to do and a step in the right direction.
mmcmx
7/24/2013 3:30am
Well done Jeff.
Feint
7/24/2013 3:39am
Of course the apology is a PR move. Every apology is, even if that isn't exactly the person's thought process when doing it. Jeff had to make the apology for Mike's sake. Mike is the one that still has a career. Jeff has been pretty much done for a while. Hopefully he has learned that his mistakes can destroy his brother's career too and will try to keep a low profile.

To those saying Jeff didn't write the apology, you are probably right that he didn't actually write it. However, it does sound like something he would say and not the words of a PR person. I believe him when he said he had his girlfriend make sure he didn't sound like an idiot.
catatonic
7/24/2013 3:47am
pilotdude wrote:
Ok just to clarify: --Jeff Alessi deliberately shines a green laser into the eyes of his brother's number one rival going back over a [i]decade[/i]. It...
Ok just to clarify:

--Jeff Alessi deliberately shines a green laser into the eyes of his brother's number one rival going back over a decade. It is Ryan Villopoto who gets the laser in the face and not any one of the other 39 riders on the line. Forget Malcom, that was long before the start of the race.

--He does this at precisely the most critical moment of the race--when the board goes sideways before the gate drops.

--He then blatantly lies about this deliberate act to anyone who will listen, even trying to drag other team members in to support his lies, while throwing his "ex" girlfriend under the bus.

--When Steve Matthes accurately reports the truth about Davey Coombs catching him red-handed, he doubles down on his lies allowing his father and team owner to back him up while he threatens violence to Matthes.

--He then spends several days using social media sites to continue to protest his innocence even after video and photographic proof show his guilt beyond any doubt whatsoever.

--A person whose true identity is unknown writes a perfectly worded press release labeled an "apology" which bears no resemblance to past writings of Jeff Alessi and posts it using Jeff Alessi's user name here on Vital MX. A press release that contains the statement, "I had no intent to harm either rider or affect their results." Right.

And now that 72 hours have passed, mostly filled with continued denials and even more bizarre accusations against the powers that be, we've got 4 pages of everyone falling all over themselves trying to sound more magnanimous then the last guy about how "we've all screwed up" and "it's time to forgive and move on" and "good for you Jeff, now you're a man."

Are you kidding me?
Exactly.......I couldn't agree more.
7/24/2013 3:48am
umagumadog wrote:
In, and if Jeff actually typed/posted that I'm the pope. Pr at its best.
My girlfriend made sure it didn't look illiterate.
shit happens, learn from it, move on, good luck man.

Go help some moto kids or something and make todays news tomorrows fish n chip wrapper.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/24/2013 3:49am
Right on dude...Wink I'm more pissed that the "Kick ass two strokes" thread has two pages less than the "WTF JA" thread.
Foo723
7/24/2013 3:52am
Jeff, doing the right thing is always the right thing to do.

i have always appreciated the fact that you are active on the board here at vital.

i have no problem that you got some grammer help for this. when i need medical advice i go see a doctor and when i need legal advice i go see a lawyer or a legal assistant. we all need a little help and guidance now and then

i hope you would consider finding some type of mentor to work with in the next few months, and i am just adding that as i'm just trying to help, John
7/24/2013 3:53am
thordude wrote:
If you have ever watched this family in person it is a clusterfuck. Tony has been a Psycho moto dad from the beginning. It's time to...
If you have ever watched this family in person it is a clusterfuck. Tony has been a Psycho moto dad from the beginning. It's time to set your father free Mikey. Maybe then you will see your professional career develop and a bonus not have your father eyeing your girl any more....a little creepy.
500guy wrote:
Right now you are the creepy one.
thordude wrote:
Not really...that's a close family.
dude just leave it the f**k alone. this is about JA making apologies not your opinion on his family you absolute *^%$^&^$%%$.
catatonic
7/24/2013 3:55am
Had there not been such damning evidence (pics & video) the bullshit story would have been ridden to the grave.
An apology soon after would have held some weight........at this stage its done because there is no other option.
mxfridge
7/24/2013 4:01am
MX would be better off without Tony and Jeff Alessi.
colonel
7/24/2013 4:08am
catatonic wrote:
Had there not been such damning evidence (pics & video) the bullshit story would have been ridden to the grave. An apology soon after would have...
Had there not been such damning evidence (pics & video) the bullshit story would have been ridden to the grave.
An apology soon after would have held some weight........at this stage its done because there is no other option.
I agree with this totally post totally. With that being said the way Jeff lied and threatened etc to claim his innocence and then came out with this soppy sorry letter as a PR face saver once he knew he was in massive shit and overwhelming evidence was against him makes him look like Lance did on Oprah.

Personally I don't think Jeff means a word of this or he would of said sorry right there and then when the incident happend. He was happy to screw over everyone on MCR by lying and he knew it.

Sorry Jeff you a asshole
rollingtach
7/24/2013 4:12am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 4:29am
pilotdude wrote:
Ok just to clarify: --Jeff Alessi deliberately shines a green laser into the eyes of his brother's number one rival going back over a [i]decade[/i]. It...
Ok just to clarify:

--Jeff Alessi deliberately shines a green laser into the eyes of his brother's number one rival going back over a decade. It is Ryan Villopoto who gets the laser in the face and not any one of the other 39 riders on the line. Forget Malcom, that was long before the start of the race.

--He does this at precisely the most critical moment of the race--when the board goes sideways before the gate drops.

--He then blatantly lies about this deliberate act to anyone who will listen, even trying to drag other team members in to support his lies, while throwing his "ex" girlfriend under the bus.

--When Steve Matthes accurately reports the truth about Davey Coombs catching him red-handed, he doubles down on his lies allowing his father and team owner to back him up while he threatens violence to Matthes.

--He then spends several days using social media sites to continue to protest his innocence even after video and photographic proof show his guilt beyond any doubt whatsoever.

--A person whose true identity is unknown writes a perfectly worded press release labeled an "apology" which bears no resemblance to past writings of Jeff Alessi and posts it using Jeff Alessi's user name here on Vital MX. A press release that contains the statement, "I had no intent to harm either rider or affect their results." Right.

And now that 72 hours have passed, mostly filled with continued denials and even more bizarre accusations against the powers that be, we've got 4 pages of everyone falling all over themselves trying to sound more magnanimous then the last guy about how "we've all screwed up" and "it's time to forgive and move on" and "good for you Jeff, now you're a man."

Are you kidding me?
catatonic wrote:
Exactly.......I couldn't agree more.
X3. We've become a fickle society but atleast there was an apology and now it's time for the Jeff and Tony show to move on to something else removed from racing and show true remorse by working each day to build their own dignity.
TerryK
7/24/2013 4:23am
pilotdude wrote:
Ok just to clarify:

Are you kidding me?
To all those who think Jeff didn't write this: are you kidding ME?

If you have ever read anything Jeff has written it would be more than obvious that he did indeed write this and like he said, it was proof read and edited by his girlfriend.

I have no opinion on everything else you wrote pilotdude.
jndmx
7/24/2013 4:42am
Pardon me but this whole apology is bullshit.
The team knew exactly what Jeff was doing....

Anyone who believes that Tony didn't know exactly what Jeff was doing is out of touch with reality.
Their whole lives Jeff has been the fall guy from giving Mike his spoon at lorettas for a better gate pick to this crap right here.

Complete bullshit.
Thor34103
7/24/2013 4:47am
umagumadog wrote:
In, and if Jeff actually typed/posted that I'm the pope. Pr at its best.
My girlfriend made sure it didn't look illiterate.
Hey, don't try to pin this on your girlfriend!!! LOL

Seriously, way to man up and apologize, as well as indicate you had help putting this into words. My only "complaint" is that it took you over three days to do so. But as they say, better late than never. Now everyone must put this behind them. I wish you the best. Everyone makes mistakes. The wise LEARN FROM THEM. Be observant and learn from the mistakes of others as well.
DC
7/24/2013 4:56am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 4:57am
For what it's worth, I personally appreciate Jeff's admission and apology for the incident he triggered at Washougal with the laser and I really hope everyone can move forward, especially Mike Alessi, who has had to endure a lot of unfortunate and harsh criticism. I am also glad to hear that Mike Genova and Motoconcepts.com has decided to stay with his athlete and team for the rest of the season, as they are a big part of the sport and have done a great deal for motocross.

Thank you, Jeff. I hope everyone can start moving forward and start focusing on the racing again.

DC
MX Sports
7/24/2013 4:57am
pilotdude wrote:
Ok just to clarify:

Are you kidding me?
TerryK wrote:
To all those who think Jeff didn't write this: are you kidding ME? If you have ever read anything Jeff has written it would be more...
To all those who think Jeff didn't write this: are you kidding ME?

If you have ever read anything Jeff has written it would be more than obvious that he did indeed write this and like he said, it was proof read and edited by his girlfriend.

I have no opinion on everything else you wrote pilotdude.
If getting caught redhanded doing something and then owning up to it 3 days later makes you a man most people I know must have reached manhood at around 8 years old.
ga_pike
7/24/2013 5:01am
DC wrote:
For what it's worth, I personally appreciate Jeff's admission and apology for the incident he triggered at Washougal with the laser and I really hope everyone...
For what it's worth, I personally appreciate Jeff's admission and apology for the incident he triggered at Washougal with the laser and I really hope everyone can move forward, especially Mike Alessi, who has had to endure a lot of unfortunate and harsh criticism. I am also glad to hear that Mike Genova and Motoconcepts.com has decided to stay with his athlete and team for the rest of the season, as they are a big part of the sport and have done a great deal for motocross.

Thank you, Jeff. I hope everyone can start moving forward and start focusing on the racing again.

DC
MX Sports
I think this is all we need to read. #End Thread
motosmith
7/24/2013 5:04am
STBY wrote:
This is a start.... But you have cost your brother everything, the one thing he excels at is outdoor motocross! You put your father in a...
This is a start.... But you have cost your brother everything, the one thing he excels at is outdoor motocross! You put your father in a position to make himself look like an idiot after he has been busting his ass to make this team successful... Apologies are a great start but man, you have to get your shit together! If you would have taken responsibility from the get go this would have never gotten to this point!
BobbyM wrote:
you don't think he fucking knows that Jesus? This is Jesus....right?
LOL,now that's some funny shit.
Dirtydane
7/24/2013 5:05am
DC wrote:
For what it's worth, I personally appreciate Jeff's admission and apology for the incident he triggered at Washougal with the laser and I really hope everyone...

DC
MX Sports
And here my friend you have a professional. A real pro.

And to you Jeff, good luck on going the right way in making things right.
jtruck
7/24/2013 5:09am
The sad part is that something like this exposes who poeple really are. The alessis have trampeled many people over the years. and too those people who have kept there mouths shut and waited for them to expose themselves I hope you have enjoyed the last few days. Forgiveness is fine I'm all for it, but trust is lost.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
7/24/2013 5:13am
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
Cool deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice posts Jeff and DC, sorry I cussed you DC, I am a big Alessi fan and kind of freaked. I hope you find it in your heart to let Tony come back to the track. I wish you could give Mike his points back also.....Crash. Oh ya thanks for not clicking me Guyb.
Flip109
7/24/2013 5:27am
Better late than never. Glad he finally fessed up. Tired of hearing about this stupid shit already.

Post a reply to: Washougal Apology

The Latest