Washougal Apology

Pdub
7/24/2013 11:22pm
"I had no intent to harm either rider or affect their results."

txmxer
7/24/2013 11:25pm
Pdub wrote:
[b]"I had no intent to harm either rider or affect their results."[/b] [img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C6WgBWz_dS0/Ud0PpqDgCdI/AAAAAAAAzjo/HPOqlt14Y3o/s640/I%27m+sorry+that+I%27m+having+a+hard+time+believing+you+due+to+your+track+record+of+being+a+lying+liar+that+constantly+lies+aout+of+your+lying+liar+hole.png[/img]

you are right about Jeff...but, I want Mike G and Mike800 on the track Saturday as I don't think they were part of this. It's too stupid for them.
IceMan446
7/24/2013 11:38pm
My two issues with this whole thing is the extent of the lies Jeff told and Tony Alessi's inability to accept responsibility for anything.

Jeff went to the extreme to really prove his innocence. He dragged people through the mud, threatened people, caused DC the trouble of having to punish people that had nothing to do with the situation and on top of that was on social media talking shit.

All this knowing god damn well he was in the wrong and was lying out his ass because his mouth knew better. Its like damn you drag people down and once you see you have no other outlets to stake your innocence you decide to say sorry. I agree it needed to be done but Jeff is a liar and always will be in my book.

Now, Tony Alessi is a clown. He never said Jeff did it, and I honestly doubt he ever will. He coddles both of those kids and he knew full well with the video, photos and first hand accounts Jeff was in the wrong. Tony decided to still state Jeffs innocence knowing full well he was wrong. I get sticking up for your son but Tony is a huge part of Jeffs problem. Then for Tony to go on pulp and to spew the bullshit he did was just another lesson to us all how crazy he really is. The guy is a weirdo and a paranoid man. He wont ever man up and take the responsibility for anything and for that I think Tony is a weak individual. To talk about DC the way he did and to throw MX sports, FC Honda and everyone else under the bus was his was of taking the attention off of him and Jeff. Another sign of a weak man.

Jeff and Tony, I hope you both grow up and take responsibility for what you do or do not do. The time has come where you both have made yourselves look like idiots and the onus is on you to fix your own reputation.

Good luck to you both.
Pdub
7/24/2013 11:39pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 11:40pm
Pdub wrote:
[b]"I had no intent to harm either rider or affect their results."[/b] [img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C6WgBWz_dS0/Ud0PpqDgCdI/AAAAAAAAzjo/HPOqlt14Y3o/s640/I%27m+sorry+that+I%27m+having+a+hard+time+believing+you+due+to+your+track+record+of+being+a+lying+liar+that+constantly+lies+aout+of+your+lying+liar+hole.png[/img]

txmxer wrote:
you are right about Jeff...but, I want Mike G and Mike800 on the track Saturday as I don't think they were part of this. It's too...
you are right about Jeff...but, I want Mike G and Mike800 on the track Saturday as I don't think they were part of this. It's too stupid for them.
Understand you want to see some good racing, but Mike has an indisputable history of making questionable decisions in order to gain an advantage on the track. It is not inconceivable that he put Jeff up to this.

From Glen Helen 2005

And Las Vegas 2012

The Shop

tobz
7/24/2013 11:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 11:51pm
txmxer wrote:
you are right about Jeff...but, I want Mike G and Mike800 on the track Saturday as I don't think they were part of this. It's too...
He represented a team and was apart of the crew, the team takes responsibility for any of the crews actions. It's as simple as that. It sucks that the team suffers for one persons actions,but that's kinda the whole point of having a team...
bd
7/25/2013 2:18am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 2:36am
racer187x
7/25/2013 2:40am
pilotdude wrote:
Ok just to clarify: --Jeff Alessi deliberately shines a green laser into the eyes of his brother's number one rival going back over a [i]decade[/i]. It...
Ok just to clarify:

--Jeff Alessi deliberately shines a green laser into the eyes of his brother's number one rival going back over a decade. It is Ryan Villopoto who gets the laser in the face and not any one of the other 39 riders on the line. Forget Malcom, that was long before the start of the race.

--He does this at precisely the most critical moment of the race--when the board goes sideways before the gate drops.

--He then blatantly lies about this deliberate act to anyone who will listen, even trying to drag other team members in to support his lies, while throwing his "ex" girlfriend under the bus.

--When Steve Matthes accurately reports the truth about Davey Coombs catching him red-handed, he doubles down on his lies allowing his father and team owner to back him up while he threatens violence to Matthes.

--He then spends several days using social media sites to continue to protest his innocence even after video and photographic proof show his guilt beyond any doubt whatsoever.

--A person whose true identity is unknown writes a perfectly worded press release labeled an "apology" which bears no resemblance to past writings of Jeff Alessi and posts it using Jeff Alessi's user name here on Vital MX. A press release that contains the statement, "I had no intent to harm either rider or affect their results." Right.

And now that 72 hours have passed, mostly filled with continued denials and even more bizarre accusations against the powers that be, we've got 4 pages of everyone falling all over themselves trying to sound more magnanimous then the last guy about how "we've all screwed up" and "it's time to forgive and move on" and "good for you Jeff, now you're a man."

Are you kidding me?
Wes782 wrote:
Agreed 100% I don't get why everyone is applauding this idiot. Everyone knows this family is the definition of morons. Glad Mike wasn't involved directly, especially...
Agreed 100%

I don't get why everyone is applauding this idiot. Everyone knows this family is the definition of morons. Glad Mike wasn't involved directly, especially since he has tried so hard to turn his reputation around but this shouldn't be a shocker to anyone, nor should this letter wipe Jeff's hands clean. If I was Mike I would beat the piss out of Jeff and make sure NO ONE but my Dad paid that $10,000. I would also tell both of them that their time has come and gone with racing, I'd do it alone just from the embarrasement of having the last name Alessi. What a joke. Quit encouraging him that this letter solves everything, he's not a teenager people, he knew what he was doing.
BAMX wrote:
What can he do to make you two happy?
We all have the benefit of observing this incident from the third person and with benefit of hindsight.

I have read all thirteen pages thus far and feel compelled to share my observations. Many people are applauding the apology letter and including their own stories of messing up. A few people are skeptical and bring up the severity of the situation (and actions afterwards). One thing that most agree on is that this apology needed to be said. It's not up to us to accept or disapprove of it as he's not apologizing to us.

That being said....Jeff's actions (and Tony's as well) far surpass the boundaries of most people's screw ups. As was correctly noted, Jeff's laser antics occurred at the upper tier of our sport, the pinnacle of American motocross, at the start line against the top athlete as the event was about to start. We love to make comparisons of our sport to NASCAR, F1, MotoGP etc, and rightfully so, yet many have given the impression that the gravity of Jeff's actions was lessened because they themselves have screwed up in their lives. How many of us were at Laguna Seca with somebody else's credentials and were lasering the competitors there at the start of a MotoGP race? In my opinion, over simplifying this by stating, "Great apology! I screwed up before too..." makes our premier level racing feel like my small time local track drama.

I am glad that Jeff et al wrote this as it had to be said to save face and start to rebuild respect and credibility. I work for a large multi national corporation and have no illusions about the PR aspect of this however. It is hard to separate emotions as we all saw this family, Mike and Jeff, grow up in our sport. Mike and I are the same age so it's easy to see myself as a pro motocrosser especially as we grew up both riding and racing motorcycles (although I have considerable less talent!). But the fact remains, this is the top tier of our sport with millions of dollars at stake every weekend. This incident is not a little thing and the gravity of it should not be lessened.
MaxPower
7/25/2013 4:59am
How someone conducts themselves in a pressure situation is a test of real character. Upon being caught, JA lied and threatened to fight Matthis. Tony was put under pressure seeing his habitually lying son being badgered by accusers. Both failed their tests and scored in the negative numbers. I don't believe one single word of this fake apology. The only thing JA is sorry about is being caught
7/25/2013 5:19am
MaxPower wrote:
[b]How someone conducts themselves in a pressure situation is a test of real character. Upon being caught, JA lied and threatened to fight Matthis. Tony was...
How someone conducts themselves in a pressure situation is a test of real character. Upon being caught, JA lied and threatened to fight Matthis. Tony was put under pressure seeing his habitually lying son being badgered by accusers. Both failed their tests and scored in the negative numbers. I don't believe one single word of this fake apology. The only thing JA is sorry about is being caught
And on top of that, I'll add that good 'ol turn his life around 800 knew damned well about his bro and that lazer. He just decided to keep his yap shut about it. Same as lying in my books
racersteve
7/25/2013 9:19pm
I am wondering why Jeff isn't banned from AMA racing for life? Caught red handed intentionally doing something that could have permanently injured a racer, all to gain advantage for his brother? And his father?? Watch the video, hear the words, and learn why Jeff acted like he did. I say ban him, too. The sport doesn't need him, or Jeff. Having watched Mike race recently leads me to believe he knew nothing of this. His natural abilities, and what he has shown in being able to work hard to get hole shots and keep up with the leaders takes determination, and effort, not tricks. Is character has been damaged, probably due to only the actions of others. However, with the limited availability of sponsors and money, Mike will be very negatively affected.Sponsors don't need drama.
7/26/2013 2:08am
MaxPower wrote:
[b]How someone conducts themselves in a pressure situation is a test of real character. Upon being caught, JA lied and threatened to fight Matthis. Tony was...
And the only thing you need to be sorry for is the constant use of Bold

7 years on this forum dude - you should know better

Post a reply to: Washougal Apology

The Latest