Washougal Apology

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2013 2:41 PM

Hmmmmm Can we please go back to talking about the racing, apologies have been given by Jeff and acknowledged by DC (which was very classy, he could of easily, and rightly, not said anything).

I am willing to bet that all riders in the pits will be supporting Mike but ignoring Tony (they made already do that lol). The other riders will want to move on, why dont we all do the same?

The only thing I would say to Jeff is lasers damage eyesight, pointing lasers at anyone whether it be MX, speedway or whatever is not cool at all.

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

7/24/2013 2:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 3:01 PM

Predator wrote:

I'm not gonna come in here and kiss Jeff's ass like some of you people. This apology was forced on him and it wasn't sincere. ...more

GuyB wrote:

Just an FYI...

I talked to Jeff last night before this went up. As far as I can tell, this is something he wanted to do...not ...more

GuyB, Good to know/hear. Thanks for posting that info.

|

7/24/2013 2:44 PM

kiwifan wrote:

Hmmmmm Can we please go back to talking about the racing, apologies have been given by Jeff and acknowledged by DC (which was ...more

Tony wont be in the pits.

|

Ed Johnson

7/24/2013 2:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 2:56 PM

Grieby54 wrote:

Of course you didn't. You didn't get off of your knees for one second...

Crash82 wrote:

LOL, I laughed. I love me some Alessi's, sport would be boring without them. Speaking of Alessi's i still owe you 20 bucks. I ...more

Grieby54 wrote:

I never expected you to pay. Not that that's a dig on your character... I just don't put much weight into online betting. ...more

No way man I always pay, I asked folks to PM where to send the money and they never did or I didn't get them for some reason, I paid Huck 20 it went to the TFS fund. I owe 2 others one 20 and one 40 if 800 doesn't podium. Speaking of TFS I dreamed he faked his death the other night, he was laughing and shit and explaining how did it and all, man it was a real dream, I miss that dude.

Back on topic it cracks me up all the Vital psychologists on here analyzing The Alessi family, cool family if you ask me I just dig watching them race....

|

7/24/2013 3:00 PM

Hopefully JA801 will learn from this that their are consequences for one's actions. It took some guts to make a public admission and apology. I know I did my share of really stupid shit up into my mid 20's, and imagine that most of y'all crazy ass fellow motocrossers have your own; although not as flagrantly stupid as JA801s, as well.

|

7/24/2013 3:20 PM

pilotdude wrote:

Ok just to clarify:

--Jeff Alessi deliberately shines a green laser into the eyes of his brother's number one rival going ...more

Agreed 100%

I don't get why everyone is applauding this idiot. Everyone knows this family is the definition of morons. Glad Mike wasn't involved directly, especially since he has tried so hard to turn his reputation around but this shouldn't be a shocker to anyone, nor should this letter wipe Jeff's hands clean. If I was Mike I would beat the piss out of Jeff and make sure NO ONE but my Dad paid that $10,000. I would also tell both of them that their time has come and gone with racing, I'd do it alone just from the embarrasement of having the last name Alessi. What a joke. Quit encouraging him that this letter solves everything, he's not a teenager people, he knew what he was doing.

|

7/24/2013 3:27 PM

kiwifan wrote:

Hmmmmm Can we please go back to talking about the racing, apologies have been given by Jeff and acknowledged by DC (which was ...more

lostboy819 wrote:

Tony wont be in the pits.

ah true....thanks for pointing that out ...

|

7/24/2013 3:34 PM

pilotdude wrote:

Ok just to clarify:

--Jeff Alessi deliberately shines a green laser into the eyes of his brother's number one rival going ...more

Wes782 wrote:

Agreed 100%

I don't get why everyone is applauding this idiot. Everyone knows this family is the definition of morons. Glad ...more

Life is too short man.

He fucked up. He's at least putting (or allowing a representative of his to put) a statement of contrition out publicly. The penalties aren't being withdrawn and the Alessi's are on just as short a "benefit of doubt" leash as they ever were.

What else matters?

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

7/24/2013 4:00 PM

DC wrote:

For what it's worth, I personally appreciate Jeff's admission and apology for the incident he triggered at Washougal with the ...more

No further comment on the apology from me.
But, I would like to say that DC handled this whole fiasco like a Boss! Much respect to DC and crew, well done.

|

7/24/2013 4:05 PM

pilotdude wrote:

Ok just to clarify:

Wes782 wrote:

Agreed 100%

I don't get why everyone is applauding this idiot. Everyone knows this family is the definition of morons. Glad ...more

Chill the fuck out..is this incident really that fucking stressful on your life?!

|

7/24/2013 4:09 PM

In UK politics( and probably US too) whenever a politician gets caught with his dick in the hired help , they always go on about how sorry they are... well im sorry too, Im sorry that you dont realise that 90% of people have realised that you arent sorry at all, you are just sorry you got caught, and this is no different .

Good riddance to bad rubbish... where does it end really... being a man because you admitted you screwed up.. c'mon, how about not pulling this shit in the first place.

|

7/24/2013 4:24 PM

I call this an apology.
a "weak" apology,but one none the less.
to bad the apology didn't happen after being "locked in the motorhome"...not enough time to reflect? or not enough damage at that point in time.
you really want people to trust you,you better not think of ways of getting out of trouble so much as realizing the truth spoken quiker is less painful on you and in this case,many others .and less costly!
all this over a fucking $12.00 laser pointer. ponder that thought.

|

7/24/2013 4:34 PM

|

7/24/2013 5:02 PM

So glad I don't live such a dull life that the Washougal laser incident was a big deal to me.

|

7/24/2013 5:29 PM

Well this really fucked up the "Jeff Alessi...WTF" thread.

You gotta admit Jeff, I bet you even thought that WhipMeister's Secret Pilotdude video from inside the MCR rig was pure gold!?

|

7/24/2013 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 5:31 PM

Slow450 wrote:

So glad I don't live such a dull life that the Washougal laser incident was a big deal to me.

I think it would be a huge deal if it had damaged Malcolm's and Ryan's eyesight which lasers can do, so a strong message needed to be put out there in my opinion.

|

7/24/2013 5:47 PM

Slow450 wrote:

None of it's a big deal, but it was all the shit afterwards that actually became an issue... the stupid laser was nothing.

|

7/24/2013 5:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 5:50 PM

Slow450 wrote:

Outsider wrote:

None of it's a big deal, but it was all the shit afterwards that actually became an issue... the stupid laser was nothing.

So you dont care if lots of kids copy what Jeff did to all racers? Are you serious?

|

7/24/2013 5:54 PM

He's a punk.......his father is a grown up tattle tale .....I'll sue you......I called the cops.
Look at the father.......What do expect the kid to be like?
Couple of guys that need their asses kicked IMO.

|

"fortunately I keep my feathers numbered.....for just such an occasion"

7/24/2013 5:55 PM

kiwifan wrote:

So you dont care if lots of kids copy what Jeff did to all racers? Are you serious?

If by kids you mean middle aged redneck inbreds, then yes we should be concerned.

|

7/24/2013 5:59 PM

Slow450 wrote:

Outsider wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

Yes, I do care and see the value of the punishment for that purpose. I'm just saying that the original offense was less severe than the the lying and the threats afterwards... "imo"

|

7/24/2013 5:59 PM

DC wrote:

For what it's worth, I personally appreciate Jeff's admission and apology for the incident he triggered at Washougal with the ...more

I have and continue to develop more respect for you DC. I can only imagine how full your plate is with all you have going on. This incident is spurious but your level headed and understanding approach are truly commendable. Dealing fairly with an incident is one thing but dealing with an incident that you were "personally" involved in...and provoked as well...when everyone knows that you could have leveled a very heavy handed penalty...well all I can say is, "Well done sir". A nod and wink and I will buy the first 3 rounds if we cross paths. As for Jeff...brother...I think you can tell by the majority of comments and the decisions by the powers that be that you are liked by a LOT of people in, and supporters of the sport. This could have been a lot worse for everyone. Take care of re-building the trust with your family and the rest of us will be there rooting for you as well. Always remember that you are being watched by everyone...those that like you and those that want to tear you down as well...don't give the haters a reason and the the rest of us will be there for you.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/24/2013 6:29 PM

Outsider wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

Outsider wrote:

Yes, I do care and see the value of the punishment for that purpose. I'm just saying that the original offense was less severe ...more

ah...gotcha! :-)

|

7/24/2013 7:07 PM

4stroke4DWIN wrote:

LMAO, you guys take the fuckin cake for knob polishing. Same people ready to burn him at the stake are now standing patiently ...more

Lol,amen.

|

7/24/2013 7:58 PM

Good for you Jeff.

I believe you are truly sorry, ashamed and contrite, but...

This whole scenario should have ended the moment DC confiscated the light.

It's the lying, anger, and abusive behavior, as well as dragging everyone through the mud on your behalf, that is really disturbing, however.

Good luck in all that you do from this point on.

|

7/24/2013 8:34 PM

Outsider wrote:

That is where you are wrong, Motocross is big business now with millions of dollars paid to top riders and when Jeff was screwing with the possible outcome of a race and or series it was a huge deal, The look of rage on DCs face says it all and I think Jeff is lucky he didn't get roughed up, I think he should have had his ass put in jail.

|

Ed Johnson

7/24/2013 9:13 PM

scooter5002 wrote:

I'll side with pilotdude, Predator and Rooster on this one. Especially Rooster. Let's see how things have gone in a year from ...more

I have to agree with the above. Sorry.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

7/24/2013 9:25 PM

Better late than never. This issue wouldn't be nearly as bad if Jeff had told the truth straight away (good lesson, always tell the truth)
Jeff should pay back Mike Genova $10000 for the fine, actions speak louder than words.

|

7/24/2013 10:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 11:04 PM

Nice letter. Sorry there Carlos Danger, this does reflect the person you are. I don't believe you would have felt bad Saturday night had you not been caught. In fact I don't even believe Jeff Alessi wrote this letter. Should have come up with these words a little sooner there Big Man. Like about 10 seconds after Coombs ripped the hard card from your neck. Did you happen to call RV yet? How about your bud Mookie who you are cool with? How about Coombs? Anyone that sincerely believes this load is dumber than JA.
Hey, I'm not running for Jesus's job

|

7/24/2013 10:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 10:25 PM

You shouldn't have done it. It has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of someone doing at the races, let alone from a racer himself. I think your penalty should be extremely harsh. I don't think you should ever be allowed at a professional event again, for any reason.

pilotdude nailed this one.

|