Was Wilson being the ultimate team player?

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
4/29/2018 7:48pm
I promise you this....If Deano lets us know why he pulled in....his answer better meet the full expectations of our Vital truth police on here...otherwise...here come...
I promise you this....If Deano lets us know why he pulled in....his answer better meet the full expectations of our Vital truth police on here...otherwise...here come the boo birds. These fans are "core", they know when they are being lied too by these Pros
Grinning
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
4/30/2018 6:21am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2018 12:49pm
mx216 wrote:
The cart that the mechanics have down there has complete front and rear wheels, a muffler, some fuel, a bike stand and a tool box that...
The cart that the mechanics have down there has complete front and rear wheels, a muffler, some fuel, a bike stand and a tool box that should be divided into specific sections for front wheel tools, rear wheel tools and and small assortment of general tools. Much else to change out is not worth it. They aren't gonna swap forks out, handlebars or anything like that because the time to do that for supercross race is just too much. Some of the mechanics do carry an injector with them in their backpack too so if it happens to fail in staging that could be swapped out, as that has happened before.
GuyB wrote:
Yep. The above is correct.

To answer mxking’s question, it was probably for a snack and a nap. It definitely wasn’t for a wheel.
If only there was some sort of journalist group that followed the series......

GuyB, why play into the stereotype of Vital being off the rails and the users being on Crack? Does it not bother you that people in the pits constantly belittle the site and those who use it? I would think that of all people, YOU would want to change that perception.

Wilson (appeared to)* pull into the pits with no issue. I think it’s a completely valid question to ask why.

abn166
4/30/2018 6:56am
mx216 wrote:
The cart that the mechanics have down there has complete front and rear wheels, a muffler, some fuel, a bike stand and a tool box that...
The cart that the mechanics have down there has complete front and rear wheels, a muffler, some fuel, a bike stand and a tool box that should be divided into specific sections for front wheel tools, rear wheel tools and and small assortment of general tools. Much else to change out is not worth it. They aren't gonna swap forks out, handlebars or anything like that because the time to do that for supercross race is just too much. Some of the mechanics do carry an injector with them in their backpack too so if it happens to fail in staging that could be swapped out, as that has happened before.
GuyB wrote:

To answer mxking’s question, it was probably for a snack and a nap. It definitely wasn’t for a wheel.
MxKing809 wrote:
If only there was some sort of journalist group that followed the series...... GuyB, why play into the stereotype of Vital being off the rails and...

GuyB, why play into the stereotype of Vital being off the rails and the users being on Crack? Does it not bother you that people in the pits constantly belittle the site and those who use it? I would think that of all people, YOU would want to change that perception.

Wilson (appeared to)* pull into the pits with no issue. I think it’s a completely valid question to ask why.

If you watch the video again and look closely at Wilson's bars you will see he had an issue. He had been in a crash and his clutch appeared to be stuck straight up. There is absolutely no chance Wilson pulled in so that parts from his bike could be removed to be used on Anderson's bike. The mechanics have all the spares they need with them so it was completely unnecessary. I have never seen any instance where during a race a factory team used one of there rider's bike as spare parts for there other rider's bike. It makes way more sense to just have spare parts with you.
mx216
4/30/2018 7:29am
MxKing809 wrote:
If only there was some sort of journalist group that followed the series...... GuyB, why play into the stereotype of Vital being off the rails and...

Maybe you could use your eyes and ears and listen to the fact that he got cleaned out by Weston and pulled in because of that. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1633999483320052&id=1000013…

The Shop

FRANK121
4/30/2018 8:29am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2018 8:31am
Don't you guys remember the Marvin wreck while leading when he all of a sudden looked back slowed down had a slip on the last lap to let Dungey by and his comment was yeah that track was really slick and I had a problem there? ..... Reeeeeaaaally
ttugrad1793
4/30/2018 8:29am
MxKing809 wrote:

x2

Yes, some of the stuff that gets generated here is nutso, but no more nutso than any other fan forum on earth. Hell, visit a college FB forum - every loss for YOUR team is due to the refs being paid off, cheating by the other team, NCAA shenanigans, or biased refs.

I don't post much, but GuyB's attitude tends to rub me wrong. He's too cool with the responses, and basically comes across as "God, ya'll are stupid." And this comes from the guy that won't ask many of the questions that cause some of the most popular threads around here simply because he knows he'll get blackballed from particular teams/riders. I can understand that (cause it's his job and he'd like to keep it) but maybe just say "I'm not really sure. I'll try to ask Dean this week" instead of "Ya'll are wasted and stupid." We all CLEARLY saw the two bikes come into the pits, and w all CLEARLY saw Dean looking backward at Ando before zooming out on the track. It's not difficult to theorize what MIGHT be going on, and certainly doesn't make us stupid or wasted.

just my .02.

PS - this is obviously not isolated to THIS particular incident/question. It's just been something I've seen going on for a long time and I think it's unfortunate and unnecessary.
Titan1
4/30/2018 9:26am
Beeby wrote:
I thought the same! Fake a problem and give him more points. What was weird though was it looked like Anderson left the mechanics area before...
I thought the same! Fake a problem and give him more points. What was weird though was it looked like Anderson left the mechanics area before Deano on the tv but Deano was ahead on track. Was that because I was watching a replay, Deano was a lap up or I’m just losing it?
Wilson was one lap down...Anderson was 2 laps down.
Titan1
4/30/2018 9:28am
mx216 wrote:
GuyB wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

Wilsons clutch lever was pointing straight up in the air when he pulled into the pits (I believe he and Peik got together right before the finish line and Wilson went down).

A team member helped him get his clutch lever fixed and then he left the pits.
ttugrad1793
4/30/2018 9:33am
Titan1 wrote:
Wilsons clutch lever was pointing straight up in the air when he pulled into the pits (I believe he and Peik got together right before the...
Wilsons clutch lever was pointing straight up in the air when he pulled into the pits (I believe he and Peik got together right before the finish line and Wilson went down).

A team member helped him get his clutch lever fixed and then he left the pits.
much better answer than "It was probably for a snack and a nap" or "Boy, Saturday nights sure are fun here as you drink yourselves stupid."
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/30/2018 3:05pm
MxKing809 wrote:

Post stupid stuff, get treated like you're posting stupid stuff. I think people in the pits generally know the difference between what we post, and what's posted by users of the forum. If you'd prefer I just delete mass amounts of stuff to try and raise the IQ level, that's doable...but there are only 24 hours in a day.

Everyone was fixated on Ando in the mechanic's area. Not shocking that they didn't see Dean go down. As soon as he pulled in I could see that he was looking for an adjustment, not to play parts donor.

I've never seen anyone pull into the pits to sacrifice bike parts. Or heard of it. They have a fully equipped cart in the mechanic's area at every race filled with spares in case of emergencies like this.
ttugrad1793
4/30/2018 3:42pm
GuyB wrote:
Post stupid stuff, get treated like you're posting stupid stuff. I think people in the pits generally know the difference between what we post, and what's...
Post stupid stuff, get treated like you're posting stupid stuff. I think people in the pits generally know the difference between what we post, and what's posted by users of the forum. If you'd prefer I just delete mass amounts of stuff to try and raise the IQ level, that's doable...but there are only 24 hours in a day.

Everyone was fixated on Ando in the mechanic's area. Not shocking that they didn't see Dean go down. As soon as he pulled in I could see that he was looking for an adjustment, not to play parts donor.

I've never seen anyone pull into the pits to sacrifice bike parts. Or heard of it. They have a fully equipped cart in the mechanic's area at every race filled with spares in case of emergencies like this.
brotastic, you're still missing the point. We are YOUR audience, and via our interactions, we pay your bills. We are admittedly not "in the pits", but that's also why people speculate and ask questions. Calling genuine questions "stupid" is not only simply unnecessary, it's unprofessional as hell.

I'm not a frequent poster, so you have limited history with me, and I'm actually not trying to be a dick - I'm just trying to say "Take a step back from some of the frustration that you vent at YOUR CUSTOMERS for doing things that you deem "stupid" and instead, maybe just be a little less arrogant and engage us with a shred of respect."

I'm sure you'll tell me I'm wrong (and I hope I am), but in all sincerity based simply on your forum posts, you seem like you're miserably pissed off at the world. That's not a good thing.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/30/2018 4:44pm
brotastic, you're still missing the point. We are YOUR audience, and via our interactions, we pay your bills. We are admittedly not "in the pits", but...
brotastic, you're still missing the point. We are YOUR audience, and via our interactions, we pay your bills. We are admittedly not "in the pits", but that's also why people speculate and ask questions. Calling genuine questions "stupid" is not only simply unnecessary, it's unprofessional as hell.

I'm not a frequent poster, so you have limited history with me, and I'm actually not trying to be a dick - I'm just trying to say "Take a step back from some of the frustration that you vent at YOUR CUSTOMERS for doing things that you deem "stupid" and instead, maybe just be a little less arrogant and engage us with a shred of respect."

I'm sure you'll tell me I'm wrong (and I hope I am), but in all sincerity based simply on your forum posts, you seem like you're miserably pissed off at the world. That's not a good thing.
More and more I see people make crazy assumptions and present it as fact, without regard to whether it's real...or possible. They also seem to like to throw out crazy conspiracy theories and see if they stick.

I'm old enough that I can remember when people used to use a little reasoning and/or common sense before hitting the enter key. That's become a lot less common.

Now you kids get off my lawn! Wink
ttugrad1793
4/30/2018 4:53pm
GuyB wrote:
More and more I see people make crazy assumptions and present it as fact, without regard to whether it's real...or possible. They also seem to like...
More and more I see people make crazy assumptions and present it as fact, without regard to whether it's real...or possible. They also seem to like to throw out crazy conspiracy theories and see if they stick.

I'm old enough that I can remember when people used to use a little reasoning and/or common sense before hitting the enter key. That's become a lot less common.

Now you kids get off my lawn! Wink
yeah, understood. I would just remind you that it's not your job to downplay the craziness. It'll do you no good, and only make YOU more crazy. Just chuckle at stuff, answer questions that you can, and move along. This thread is a good example - what WAS Dean doing over there in the pits? The way it was presented on TV was kinda weird. And then the way that he was looking back upon leaving? it's not crazy conspiracy-minded to ask these questions, and I would just encourage you to not lash out at folks, but just to say "I dunno guys. I'm pretty sure his clutch was bent to hell" and then move on.

Just my .02. Hang in there.
Titan1
4/30/2018 4:53pm
GuyB wrote:
Post stupid stuff, get treated like you're posting stupid stuff. I think people in the pits generally know the difference between what we post, and what's...

brotastic, you're still missing the point. We are YOUR audience, and via our interactions, we pay your bills. We are admittedly not "in the pits", but...

GuyB has to be "in" with the industry folks (who, by the way, say they hate us...but read everything we post)...so he has to treat us in such a way as to continually prove that he's on the "industries side" so he will still have the trust of the industry people he needs for other content on the site.

If the industry knew he'd blab anything they told him on the forum (or anywhere on the site), or that he'd validate any speculation we make on here (if something is true)-essentially, if they thought he was one of us...they'd stop talking to him...and for some convoluted reason, in this industry, the media feels like it needs the industry more than the industry needs the media (so the industry has all the leverage)-which is backwards in my opinion...I don't understand why the media protects the industry so much...

He is very very careful about what he says about riders/teams, as well as rumors. And he will defend most any rider/team on here virtually 100% of the time...Don't hate the player, hate the game-so I don't blame him...it's how he has to be if he wants to make a living...and I, honestly, don't even think he likes it.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/30/2018 4:55pm
Titan1 wrote:
GuyB has to be "in" with the industry folks (who, by the way, say they hate us...but read everything we post)...so he has to treat us...
GuyB has to be "in" with the industry folks (who, by the way, say they hate us...but read everything we post)...so he has to treat us in such a way as to continually prove that he's on the "industries side" so he will still have the trust of the industry people he needs for other content on the site.

If the industry knew he'd blab anything they told him on the forum (or anywhere on the site), or that he'd validate any speculation we make on here (if something is true)-essentially, if they thought he was one of us...they'd stop talking to him...and for some convoluted reason, in this industry, the media feels like it needs the industry more than the industry needs the media (so the industry has all the leverage)-which is backwards in my opinion...I don't understand why the media protects the industry so much...

He is very very careful about what he says about riders/teams, as well as rumors. And he will defend most any rider/team on here virtually 100% of the time...Don't hate the player, hate the game-so I don't blame him...it's how he has to be if he wants to make a living...and I, honestly, don't even think he likes it.
Oh brother.
ttugrad1793
4/30/2018 4:58pm
Titan1 wrote:
GuyB has to be "in" with the industry folks (who, by the way, say they hate us...but read everything we post)...so he has to treat us...

I don't disagree, but he engages so much stuff that he doesn't need to engage. This thread is a great example. If he's rolling his eyes at the "conspiracy" that Dean was trying to swap bike parts, then laugh and go pour an espresso. Lashing out at his readers with "You guys are stupid and wasted" is just so counter-productive.

And your last line backs up what I said previously.
dirtnapper
4/30/2018 7:52pm
Maybe.....just maybe GuyBoss is right and we ARE all wasted when we are posting. Ever think about that??

Silly
wildbill
4/30/2018 8:56pm
MR. X wrote:
The ultimate team player would have stayed out there and wrecked the top guys.
Flip109
4/30/2018 9:30pm
If I’m Tomac, the only point of this race is to wear Marvin’s front wheel on mine. “He took a wrong line??” LaughingLaughing
steveada
5/2/2018 7:33am
The ultimate team player would tip over on a critical area of the track and lay there until they red flag the race.

Post a reply to: Was Wilson being the ultimate team player?

The Latest