Was Wilson being the ultimate team player?

KennyT
Fantasy
479th
4/28/2018 7:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2018 9:30pm
My thoughts when I saw Wilson stop in the pits during Anderson’s lengthy wheel change was that he was thinking every point would count for his teammates title chances. Anyone know what went on there? Is that what happened and he was told to continue or did he have a issue with his bike?

I’m all for teams working together when it comes to a title....I hope him finishing in front of Anderson doesn’t come back to bite the team n Vegas
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
4/28/2018 7:27pm
Was wondering that also. They were focused on ando so maybe something did happen and he needed the front end tweaked back straight or something.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
4/28/2018 7:31pm
Well, Deano finished the race and he didn't lay up to let Anderson by for the extra point. Gotta respect that. Jason needs to get a top 10 next weekend and avoid any trouble. I could see Eli roughing up Marv next weekend too - nothing "dirty" or "Stupid", but just "racing for the 450 SX main win" ya know what I mean?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
4/28/2018 7:38pm
I can't believe they didn't have Dean go back behind Jason for another point just in case, I thought for sure he would go into the pits another time.

Like what does a 13th for Wilson mean, it's not like he was in the top 5 and had to throw out the anchor to help his teamate. Their team must be playing it fair.
Beeby
4/28/2018 7:41pm
I thought the same! Fake a problem and give him more points. What was weird though was it looked like Anderson left the mechanics area before Deano on the tv but Deano was ahead on track. Was that because I was watching a replay, Deano was a lap up or I’m just losing it?

The Shop

MR. X
4/28/2018 9:10pm
The ultimate team player would have stayed out there and wrecked the top guys.
jemcee
4/28/2018 9:17pm
My thought's were something like OP mentioned or was maybe offering his bike for parts or something
Good on him if so
Fat Fingers
4/28/2018 9:22pm
What are the rules if say Anderson ripped off his throttle housing and they swapped it out off Wilson’s bike?
paulie
4/28/2018 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2018 9:24pm
Peick cleaned Wilson out before the finish line. He then pulled in to the pits.
Rotaholic
4/29/2018 12:43am
Thought he was gonna do the old school pony express and swap bikes
js451
4/29/2018 12:51am
When dean pulled in his clutch was pointing straight up in the air
jemcee
4/29/2018 12:58am
Rotaholic wrote:
Thought he was gonna do the old school pony express and swap bikes
haha Here Hombre this one works, use it
Sideways
4/29/2018 1:03am
Man you guys are funny lol. You really think wilson would pull in to the pits juat to see whats happening to JA and ask the crew if he can help him out in anyway? Haha
4/29/2018 2:52am
Sideways wrote:
Man you guys are funny lol. You really think wilson would pull in to the pits juat to see whats happening to JA and ask the...
Man you guys are funny lol. You really think wilson would pull in to the pits juat to see whats happening to JA and ask the crew if he can help him out in anyway? Haha
If he wants a ride next year, yes I do.
Rdubs19
4/29/2018 3:05am
MR. X wrote:
The ultimate team player would have stayed out there and wrecked the top guys.
Now that would be worth the price of admission. I guess I am a hypocrite but while that wouldn't really bother me, the pull over at new jersey last year did, even though Marvin is one of my favorrite riders. Just seemed wrong.
Titane
4/29/2018 3:19am
Damn open your eyes guys
His clutch lever was pointing the sun
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/29/2018 4:48am
Sideways wrote:
Man you guys are funny lol. You really think wilson would pull in to the pits juat to see whats happening to JA and ask the...
Agreed.

Saturday nights on Vital MX, brought to you by Budweiser, Jack Daniels, acid, crack, and whatever else you've got laying around the house.
BikerScars
4/29/2018 6:59am
Sideways wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Agreed.

Saturday nights on Vital MX, brought to you by Budweiser, Jack Daniels, acid, crack, and whatever else you've got laying around the house.
Agreed, also.

And Tide Pods! YOLO!
feelnjstfine
4/29/2018 7:54am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 7:55am
Sideways wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Agreed.

BikerScars wrote:
Agreed, also.

And Tide Pods! YOLO!
No Tide Pods, the ones that drank Nyquil and huffed Freon back in the day will tell that's just for those stupid millennials....
4/29/2018 8:29am
I was wrong on this but I don't think there's anything far fetched about it otherwise. Teammates have purposely dropped anchor plenty of times during a race for the greater good in the past, and then we have more extreme example like Walker riding backwards on a track to wrestle Alessi away from Ivan's bike. Dean pulling into the pits to help Jason seems perfectly plausible in context of what's at stake.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
4/29/2018 8:58am
I was wrong on this but I don't think there's anything far fetched about it otherwise. Teammates have purposely dropped anchor plenty of times during a...
I was wrong on this but I don't think there's anything far fetched about it otherwise. Teammates have purposely dropped anchor plenty of times during a race for the greater good in the past, and then we have more extreme example like Walker riding backwards on a track to wrestle Alessi away from Ivan's bike. Dean pulling into the pits to help Jason seems perfectly plausible in context of what's at stake.
I agree. He obviously saw his teammate in the pits and could have done it on his own since he really had nothing to lose. 13th or 18th...who cares.

Being on the couch I could not see what led up to his pulling over. Thanks for the info from those that were there or you who noticed his clutch lever was flipped up
Duffer189
4/29/2018 10:56am
GuyB wrote:
Agreed.

4/29/2018 11:13am
His clutch lever was pointing to the sky. Clearly visible on TV.
Rdubs19
4/29/2018 11:53am
GuyB wrote:
Agreed.

I just use my personality, no doping neccesary.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
4/29/2018 3:17pm
Sideways wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Agreed.

Ok...... then why did he pull in?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
4/29/2018 3:18pm
What are the rules if say Anderson ripped off his throttle housing and they swapped it out off Wilson’s bike?
I was thinking they might need to pull his wheel off.... or whatever else was broken to swap it out to Ando’s bike.

I think that’s why they had him pull in.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
4/29/2018 3:36pm
Ramrod wrote:
I can't believe they didn't have Dean go back behind Jason for another point just in case, I thought for sure he would go into the...
I can't believe they didn't have Dean go back behind Jason for another point just in case, I thought for sure he would go into the pits another time.

Like what does a 13th for Wilson mean, it's not like he was in the top 5 and had to throw out the anchor to help his teamate. Their team must be playing it fair.
Hold up! According to a lot of Vital, that would be cheating unless it's to benefit Tomac.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
4/29/2018 3:38pm
Sideways wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Agreed.

MxKing809 wrote:
Ok...... then why did he pull in?
Ya, waiting for the actual explanation. You can see clear as day that Deano pulls in and when Anderson takes off then he takes off as well.
mx216
4/29/2018 4:10pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I was thinking they might need to pull his wheel off.... or whatever else was broken to swap it out to Ando’s bike. I think that’s...
I was thinking they might need to pull his wheel off.... or whatever else was broken to swap it out to Ando’s bike.

I think that’s why they had him pull in.
The cart that the mechanics have down there has complete front and rear wheels, a muffler, some fuel, a bike stand and a tool box that should be divided into specific sections for front wheel tools, rear wheel tools and and small assortment of general tools. Much else to change out is not worth it. They aren't gonna swap forks out, handlebars or anything like that because the time to do that for supercross race is just too much. Some of the mechanics do carry an injector with them in their backpack too so if it happens to fail in staging that could be swapped out, as that has happened before.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/29/2018 4:12pm
mx216 wrote:
The cart that the mechanics have down there has complete front and rear wheels, a muffler, some fuel, a bike stand and a tool box that...
The cart that the mechanics have down there has complete front and rear wheels, a muffler, some fuel, a bike stand and a tool box that should be divided into specific sections for front wheel tools, rear wheel tools and and small assortment of general tools. Much else to change out is not worth it. They aren't gonna swap forks out, handlebars or anything like that because the time to do that for supercross race is just too much. Some of the mechanics do carry an injector with them in their backpack too so if it happens to fail in staging that could be swapped out, as that has happened before.
Yep. The above is correct.

To answer mxking’s question, it was probably for a snack and a nap. It definitely wasn’t for a wheel.
4/29/2018 7:43pm
I promise you this....If Deano lets us know why he pulled in....his answer better meet the full expectations of our Vital truth police on here...otherwise...here come the boo birds. These fans are "core", they know when they are being lied too by these Pros

Post a reply to: Was Wilson being the ultimate team player?

The Latest