Was Jett’s move stupid or a racing incident?

SydAus
1/23/2021 10:44pm
Mosiman was going fast enough to keep him behind. He needs to find the speed and skills to pass without putting Mosiman on the deck and if he can’t do that then he’s not good enough
Skuzzy29
1/23/2021 10:44pm
huckabuck wrote:
Sure I agree he was asked about his aggressive pass for the main interview. But whats your excuse for him after the heat race when he...
Sure I agree he was asked about his aggressive pass for the main interview. But whats your excuse for him after the heat race when he was talking about how he was frustrated that mosiman was keeping up? That’s what the for whatever reason was for, maybe you missed that?
Skuzzy29 wrote:
You said interview, not both of his interviews. What's my excuse??? ...lol
huckabuck wrote:
Interviews* (eye roll) now that’s cleared up... why does just feel the need to air it out during his interview that he’s so frustrated MM kept...
Interviews* (eye roll) now that’s cleared up... why does just feel the need to air it out during his interview that he’s so frustrated MM kept up?
He was saying he wasn't riding well and MM stayed close the whole heat. I think we can agree that Jett, Craig, Nichols, Forkner and RJ are the top tier of the class. He knows he should of won the heat going away. He probably would have said the same if Shimoda was the one on his tail.
He caught Mosiman pretty quick in the main. He's lucky that pass didn't take him out too.
wreckitrandy
1/23/2021 11:04pm
bvm111 wrote:
It’s called Racing... quit being a pansy
TbonesPop wrote:
So will it also be "racing" when Mosiman takes him out in a future race, thus causing Jett to lose ground in the points race? Sure...
So will it also be "racing" when Mosiman takes him out in a future race, thus causing Jett to lose ground in the points race? Sure, it was just racing tonight. But it was dumb because its going to come back to him at some point.
That's always been the way it works. Sometimes you dish it up, sometimes you take it home. I've been hit harder than that by a guy that rode to the race with me. Not joking. Did I like it? No. Did he get it back?.....
huckabuck
1/23/2021 11:09pm
Skuzzy29 wrote:
You said interview, not both of his interviews. What's my excuse??? ...lol
huckabuck wrote:
Interviews* (eye roll) now that’s cleared up... why does just feel the need to air it out during his interview that he’s so frustrated MM kept...
Interviews* (eye roll) now that’s cleared up... why does just feel the need to air it out during his interview that he’s so frustrated MM kept up?
Skuzzy29 wrote:
He was saying he wasn't riding well and MM stayed close the whole heat. I think we can agree that Jett, Craig, Nichols, Forkner and RJ...
He was saying he wasn't riding well and MM stayed close the whole heat. I think we can agree that Jett, Craig, Nichols, Forkner and RJ are the top tier of the class. He knows he should of won the heat going away. He probably would have said the same if Shimoda was the one on his tail.
He caught Mosiman pretty quick in the main. He's lucky that pass didn't take him out too.
My whole point is he’s worried about MM for whatever reason while Yamaha is 1-2 in championship points. Who cares if he didn’t beat MM by 40 seconds in the heat? I just found it funny that the only tv time he got, he spent most of it talking about MM and because MM kept up or was beating him he was riding bad. If I was him I would be worried about Nichols and Craig running away with it, not trying to lawn dart MM.

The Shop

tek14
1/23/2021 11:25pm
T-Bone Jett.
hamncheeze
1/23/2021 11:42pm
His pass was about the equivalent of Osborne on Savatgy 2017. Only difference is that Osborne was going for a title. Mosiman owes him one, Jett better be prepared to take a hit.
1/23/2021 11:43pm
Lol. Too much immature machismo has already made it a Star Yamaha title race. Congrats to those guys for being professional.
ShawdowGlen
1/23/2021 11:48pm
Jett himself said he "pulled a bit of a dirty move".... He owned it. Rubbing is racing. I don't think it was a stupid move like Forkners "pass" on Tuesday. To which Forkner is blaming RJ for.

jemcee
1/23/2021 11:55pm
Lol. Too much immature machismo has already made it a Star Yamaha title race. Congrats to those guys for being professional.
Um Jett is only 6 points behind the pair of them
Ray_MXS
1/23/2021 11:56pm
I'm a Jett fan, but that was pretty stupid. If he would've went down it would be as stupid as Forkner last race.

I don't understand why these kids needs to force the issue when they aren't close enough to make the pass.
jemcee
1/24/2021 12:11am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2021 1:03am
Ray_MXS wrote:
I'm a Jett fan, but that was pretty stupid. If he would've went down it would be as stupid as Forkner last race. I don't understand...
I'm a Jett fan, but that was pretty stupid. If he would've went down it would be as stupid as Forkner last race.

I don't understand why these kids needs to force the issue when they aren't close enough to make the pass.
I have no idea and I've only seen it once but I'd say he either got close the lap before and realised that would be his only chance so he decided 'next lap I'm committing' but was a bit further behind or he got a really good run and in the whoops and thought 'fuck it i'm goin in' haha cause as he said Mosiman doesn't give many chances..

But yes it was silly but he owned it and gave his reasons why so I'm ok but I'll also be ok with the payback as long as it's not too nasty

Edit: Just watched it a few times again they were quite low in the corner when they hit so to give him prob more credit than he deserves haha I'll say Jett might've thought he had more room than he ended up with..
mxcrzy
Fantasy
883rd
1/24/2021 12:26am
Mosiman does the same.
1/24/2021 12:35am
Apparently there is some preexisting beef with the Lawrence brothers and Mosiman. Just some things said by Hunter I think it was a week ago and than Jetts comments tonight.

I don't think the move was comparable to Forkners. I don't have a problem with the move. If it happen to my rider I would be annoyed and pissed etc. But that is just normal emotion. So the move is what it is. But not wise for him with a championship being a possibility. Mossiman owes one now to Jett and will probably get it.

I will say in the past people get annoyed with riders making up stories "I missed my brakes"... They have said you got to man up and own it if you do take someone out for a position. Jett did just that. No excuses.
js451
1/24/2021 1:07am
Honestly looked no different to the pass vohland put on mosiman. Almost identical, and both passes seemed fine to me
Motofinne
1/24/2021 1:19am
mxtech1 wrote:
The way Craig and Nichols are riding right now, every single position counts towards the championship. It was a hard pass, but he had to take...
The way Craig and Nichols are riding right now, every single position counts towards the championship.

It was a hard pass, but he had to take it in my opinion. If he would have checked up, he probably would have lost 1/2 a second or so and would have then needed another lap, maybe 2, for the same opportunity. It was too close to the end of the race not to make the pass.
I agree. Time was running out and he needed the 3rd place badly. The class is so weak now with RJ and Forkner out so that you can't afford to be outside the top 3 if you want to win the title.

Was it clean? Obviously not. Was it outrageous and unacceptable? Nope.
JB479
1/24/2021 1:39am
Look how fast they enter that corner after the whoops. how many times did we see people crash/make contact? Moisman isnt a saint, go watch some of his races last year
1/24/2021 2:41am
sometimes it needs to be a bit dirty , thats how you win titles
this one was a bit dirty , a little bit
alex69
1/24/2021 4:12am
So when Musquim makes a move like that on Tomac 2 years ago, the Vitals burn Musquin to the ground!
Now an 17 years old aussie does exacly the same move and it's oke, what a BS, has nothing to do with Pro's it's a shit move in the same order like Wilson on Roczen tonight.
Totaly unnecessary he was faster and had time enough, you take 100% risk to injured the guy or yourself.
This kind of moves should be penally lized to learn these youngsters respect each other and race on the edge not over it.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
1/24/2021 4:18am
Just a dick move by Jett. He even said it himself. Hope karma bites him in his dump ass and he learns to be a professional.
Aaron_Hart
Fantasy
2432nd
1/24/2021 4:31am
alex69 wrote:
So when Musquim makes a move like that on Tomac 2 years ago, the Vitals burn Musquin to the ground! Now an 17 years old aussie...
So when Musquim makes a move like that on Tomac 2 years ago, the Vitals burn Musquin to the ground!
Now an 17 years old aussie does exacly the same move and it's oke, what a BS, has nothing to do with Pro's it's a shit move in the same order like Wilson on Roczen tonight.
Totaly unnecessary he was faster and had time enough, you take 100% risk to injured the guy or yourself.
This kind of moves should be penally lized to learn these youngsters respect each other and race on the edge not over it.
The move jett made isnt slightly comparable to musquins. Musquin cut across ruts and dove straight into his swingarm. Musquin hit him that hard he came to a stop himself.
motomike137
1/24/2021 5:08am
He teed him up plain and simple. He's a fun kid but that was selfish.
Mr. Afterbar
1/24/2021 5:17am
He just said he had to make "a bit of a dirty move "
C.Worthy wrote:
Yup! He said Mosiman is a pain to get around so he had to make "a bit of a dirty move" to go by quickly. At...
Yup! He said Mosiman is a pain to get around so he had to make "a bit of a dirty move" to go by quickly. At least he owned it and didn't deny it like Forkner.
APLMAN99 wrote:
That’s because it was world’s different than Forkner’s incident. There was practically no contact in the Forkner incident until Hampshire had nowhere to go and did...
That’s because it was world’s different than Forkner’s incident.

There was practically no contact in the Forkner incident until Hampshire had nowhere to go and did in fact fall down on Forkner. Forkner wasn’t lying, even if he didn’t accept enough responsibility for his own actions that may have caused it.

In this instance Lawrence pretty much center punched Mosiman.

The 2 incidents are exponentially different.
Agree. Jett’s move was 100% intentionally dirty. Forkner was so far behind going into that corner that he didn’t know what RJ was going to do. Still not a good look, but that was more of a racing incident of RJ turning down earlier than expected. Jett straight up tried to bull doze Mosiman.
EngIceDave
1/24/2021 5:20am
Agree. Jett’s move was 100% intentionally dirty. Forkner was so far behind going into that corner that he didn’t know what RJ was going to do...
Agree. Jett’s move was 100% intentionally dirty. Forkner was so far behind going into that corner that he didn’t know what RJ was going to do. Still not a good look, but that was more of a racing incident of RJ turning down earlier than expected. Jett straight up tried to bull doze Mosiman.
100%
and the kid owned up to it upfront!

Now the hot pocket, not so much
Mr. Afterbar
1/24/2021 5:37am
Agree. Jett’s move was 100% intentionally dirty. Forkner was so far behind going into that corner that he didn’t know what RJ was going to do...
EngIceDave wrote:
100%
and the kid owned up to it upfront!

Now the hot pocket, not so much
Actions speak louder than words. I don’t care at all what happens off the track personally.
jtmaster
1/24/2021 6:00am
Holy crap what a bunch of whiners! Go back and watch some of the races from the 80s and see some passes. Maybe google Bradshaw and Chicken. So it was a little dirty, he’s got one coming to him and that’s the way it goes.
1/24/2021 6:23am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2021 7:01am
I'm looking forward to the payback punt
three9zero
1/24/2021 6:37am
Mosiman looked to be taking a blocker line(Vince Friese style) and got punted. Jett was racing forward......

Post a reply to: Was Jett’s move stupid or a racing incident?

The Latest