Was Brad Lackey bad a**?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2017 10:40 AM

Are you fu king kidding me?

Check out the motocross files episode

|

11/28/2017 10:49 AM

When Brad was serious nobody but FUCKING NOBODY in the US could even hold a candle to him. NOBODY.. not the janmer nor Marty nor anybody.

|

11/28/2017 10:50 AM

I've seen that episode.....and yes sir , they didn't call him " Bad Brad " for nuthin'! That whole series is really good.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/28/2017 11:07 AM

I've got the dvd ... Good stuff .

|

11/28/2017 12:36 PM

Hell yes he was bad! He was "Bad Brad Ass!" I watched him a few times at the Carlsbad-Brad USGP....If I'm not mistaking I saw his last race ever there...the year after he won the title.

|

11/28/2017 2:19 PM

Lackey is an authentic legend, a titan, a mythic rider of the 500cc world championships.Photo

|

11/28/2017 2:58 PM

ruy wrote:

Lackey is an authentic legend, a titan, a mythic rider of the 500cc world championships.Photo

Yep. The 500 gps were the very top of the sport then . He most likely would have been a multi time AMA champion had he stayed here . Much respect to him.

|

11/28/2017 3:57 PM

I got to see him ride at Belgium and Luxembourg in 1982, yeah a real bad ass!! When men were men!

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

11/28/2017 4:08 PM

Yep, that first championship was epic. He's part of the reason the MXDN and sending our bests is of such importance to many.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

11/28/2017 4:21 PM

Talk about a lone wolf- the dude is a legend. Having to wait until the last lap to pass so fans don't attack you is straight up insane. There will never be an era like that in motocross again.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

11/28/2017 5:03 PM

Who thought he wasn't a bad ass. Why is this up for debate now?

|

11/28/2017 5:14 PM

How bad ass do you have to be to move thousands of miles from home and live in a cabin without plumbing in Sweden because that it what chasing your dreams is all about?
To ride in a series where you are the outsider/new guy, where officials and even your own team is biased and obstructs your pursuit every chance they get.
To finally accomplish your goal against unbelievably long odds.
All this in the days before the internet to research your new environment and stay in touch with friends and family.
With 45 minute motos against hard men.

You would have to be Brad lackey level bad ass.

|

11/28/2017 5:20 PM

I saw Lackey win the '78 British GP at Farleigh Castle. Yes, he is one bad ass dude. I wish there was a real in depth interview with DeCoster about this stuff. His memory is encyclopedic and he speaks the truth....no bullshit from that guy.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

11/28/2017 5:46 PM

Photo
|

11/28/2017 5:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2017 6:04 PM

JustMX wrote:

How bad ass do you have to be to move thousands of miles from home and live in a cabin without plumbing in Sweden because that it what chasing your dreams is all about?
To ride in a series where you are the outsider/new guy, where officials and even your own team is biased and obstructs your pursuit every chance they get.
All this in the days before the internet to research your new environment and stay in touch with friends and family.

Believe it was Czecho , young American going behind iron curtain to follow his Dream . How many of these pampered dudes they have now would do that... Ultimate BAAADD !!!! Never will forget Brad Flat Trackin his 450 Kaw on the outside by the fence on big downhill sweeper during 72 trans am , one of the coolest things I have seen in racing...

|

11/28/2017 6:09 PM

I remember a segment during a race back in the early 2000's where he was being interviewed and he looked into the camera and basically asked DeCoster if he could help him get his championship bike.

He said something along the lines of only having one championship unlike Roger and how he would love to have it.
It actually made me a bit sad the way he asked, all gentle and humble.

|

11/28/2017 8:16 PM

Still is bro

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

11/29/2017 3:13 AM

Photo

|

11/29/2017 3:53 AM

JustMX wrote:

magoo1982 wrote:

Believe it was Czecho , young American going behind iron curtain to follow his Dream . How many of these pampered dudes they have now would do that... Ultimate BAAADD !!!! Never will forget Brad Flat Trackin his 450 Kaw on the outside by the fence on big downhill sweeper during 72 trans am , one of the coolest things I have seen in racing...

I believe you may be correct. I know it was at one of the factories. Just got the wrong one, and that only increases his badassedness

|

11/29/2017 5:41 AM

I got to spend a little up close and quality time with this beast of a bike. Brad put some serious wear on this beauty!

Photo

|

11/29/2017 6:38 AM

PhotoLackey9 by Wandell Asbell, on Flickr

PhotoLackey12 by Wandell Asbell, on Flickr
|

11/29/2017 6:39 AM

Running the no. 1 plate at the USGP in 83.

PhotoLackey13 by Wandell Asbell, on Flickr

|

11/29/2017 6:43 AM

Photo

|

11/29/2017 7:01 AM

newmann wrote:

I got to spend a little up close and quality time with this beast of a bike. Brad put some serious wear on this beauty!

Photo

GREAT PIC !!!! To me those were the coolest factory Honda s ever ....

|

11/29/2017 7:43 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
|

11/29/2017 9:14 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

11/29/2017 9:43 AM

Holy shit , those are some really cool old pics!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/29/2017 10:26 AM

Thanks for posting

|

11/29/2017 10:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2017 10:37 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Holy shit , those are some really cool old pics!

x2 , Early Christmas present ..... Is that Chuck Sun in background on last pic ??

|

11/29/2017 10:39 AM

Yup chuck sun holding his "pussy" i believe wink laughing

|