Warning to Private Teams......

Ozzy
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 11:14pm

Quote : (even in professional cycling word travels fast...)
"Astana has struggled with financial problems this year. In May, the International Cycling Union threatened to withdraw Astana’s racing license after riders went unpaid for two months."

Sure the Tour de France is over & though it was awesome, I applaud
the actions of the sanctioning body.
The International Cycling Union has some balls it seems.
Why mention all this?
Well it seems that in Professional Supercross & Motocross the same thing
is going on. Personally I had to deal with such years ago on a BLUE team &
believe me it was a nightmare.
People, crews, riders, suppliers have to get paid according to what's what.
It seems funny to me that many NEW wealthy owners come into this arena
& proceed to undermine it all.
The contracts only as good as the people behind the paper, so do
yourselves & your program right & don't screw it or people up!
Believe me, word travels fast, very fast!
Pay your bills & commitments.
Good people & their efforts are a terrible thing to waste!
Dave O.Wink
|
englishman
7/26/2009 10:08am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:08am
Ozzy

That has been happening for YEARS in the cycling world.

YEARS

One particularly memorable occasion was when a team manager used bonuses promised to riders to build a pool & hot tub at his house instead.Woohoo

BallsOut
7/26/2009 10:30am
i worked with a small moto company in the industry and i remember i went without pay a few weeks in a row. well my boss gave me what he could to help me survive then when the contract finally got paid i got my remaining monies. so sometimes you must work with the team and sacrafice too until the contract is paid.
fcr
7/26/2009 10:34am
englishman wrote:
Ozzy That has been happening for YEARS in the cycling world. YEARS One particularly memorable occasion was when a team manager used bonuses promised to riders...
Ozzy

YEARS

One particularly memorable occasion was when a team manager used bonuses promised to riders to build a pool & hot tub at his house instead.Woohoo

No, actually that was the welfare department in Victorville,Ca. . It was for a welfare recipient instead of physical therapy, it was cheaper, true story.

But it wouldn't surprise me about the cycling team manager.
SH_105
7/26/2009 11:11am
Ozzy wrote:
Quote : (even in professional cycling word travels fast...) "Astana has struggled with financial problems this year. In May, the International Cycling Union threatened to withdraw...

"Astana has struggled with financial problems this year. In May, the International Cycling Union threatened to withdraw Astana’s racing license after riders went unpaid for two months."

Why mention all this?
Dave O.Wink
Ozzy great perspective to using another "High Profile" sport to make people better understand that it does indeed happen and things at times should be made more public in our sport for people to understand and grasp things better. Also I feel you would draw more attention with people having a better understanding on salaries being paid to the top 100 national numbers........ Again great speaking to you the other day, stay in touch

SH 32

The Shop

englishman
7/26/2009 11:24am
englishman wrote:
Ozzy That has been happening for YEARS in the cycling world. YEARS One particularly memorable occasion was when a team manager used bonuses promised to riders...
Ozzy

YEARS

fcr wrote:
No, actually that was the welfare department in Victorville,Ca. . It was for a welfare recipient instead of physical therapy, it was cheaper, true story. But...
No, actually that was the welfare department in Victorville,Ca. . It was for a welfare recipient instead of physical therapy, it was cheaper, true story.

But it wouldn't surprise me about the cycling team manager.
Its a twofer then . The team in question was sponsored by a car company.
Ozzy
7/26/2009 11:52am
Quote "SH_ 105"...... :
"Again great speaking to you the other day, stay in touch"

Ditto!
For sure............
If anything happens or you or you guys want to chat
about 2010, I'll drive down south anytime, plus you
have my #!
Stay cool!
Dave O.Wink
j100
7/26/2009 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:08am
I wish one of these teams would hire OZZY! he's got more experience than most team managers and his knowledge of our sport is priceless!

OZZY to Valli??

Ozzy
7/26/2009 1:06pm
Quote :
"I wish one of these teams would hire OZZY!"

Thanks J............
I'm trying.
Dave O.Wink
LUDO
7/26/2009 1:54pm
I keep hearing rumours that CAS Honda owes a lot of riders money. and thats why they keep turning riders over and over.
SH_105
7/26/2009 2:19pm
LUDO wrote:
I keep hearing rumours that CAS Honda owes a lot of riders money. and thats why they keep turning riders over and over.
Ludo its not just in Europe...........................................

SH 32
7/26/2009 2:41pm
From the begining of racing there has always been teams and possible sponsors that have made promises about big monies and saleries and bikes or parts. Maybe I'm just old but never believed any offers till I had monies in hand. Remember the Team Suzuki sponsor that never made any payments but had their name spashed over everything. And while its not an excuse with the economy the way it is I think you can see more and more contracts broken and payments missed.
Ozzy
7/26/2009 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:08am
Funny this subject.
Me, I'm 100% committed, professional & sometimes insane!
You have to be to be 1st.
You have to be to WIN.
Ask any who know me.
For me it's a career.
For me it's my job & job #1.
For most of these others it's a hobby.
An F-N hobby!
Sure they say this & that & how committed they are, but look around.
Spin the compass in any direction & it's there.
For me being a "stand-up guy" that's a problem.
In other words, here's the keys to my car, yet were not going to fully
let you see, in fact at times we may even blind you. That's really no
way to drive let alone lead a program.
Many times you check the water first before getting in, but many times you
have to get in to really feel & see it!
I wish people stayed true to their word!
Dave O. Wink
Brent
7/26/2009 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:08am
From the begining of racing there has always been teams and possible sponsors that have made promises about big monies and saleries and bikes or parts...
From the begining of racing there has always been teams and possible sponsors that have made promises about big monies and saleries and bikes or parts. Maybe I'm just old but never believed any offers till I had monies in hand. Remember the Team Suzuki sponsor that never made any payments but had their name spashed over everything. And while its not an excuse with the economy the way it is I think you can see more and more contracts broken and payments missed.
I think it was Blimpie?

For the last few years it seems as if some of these sponsors are flakes (BooKoo) and go in seemingly intending to defraud a contracted rider or team, all the while stringing them along with "the check is in the mail", or whatever.

I would think that quick court action would enforce these contracts if they are not being paid?

I'll bet if some rider or team got a big judgement out of some of these deadbeat sponsors, It would send a message to anyone else looking to pull a fast one by flaking on a contract.

Huckster
7/26/2009 6:32pm
Moto fans seem to be a pretty loyal bunch. If there is a sponsor supporting the sport, we try to support them. I just bought a Muscle Milk the other day. If there is a sponsor out there who is not fulfilling their obligation, why not come out and tell us instead of posting the "i know something, but cant tell...code" I know as a consumer, I would no longer support that company's product, especially if they were not paying the riders and mechanics and not living up to the contractual obligations.
BobbyM
7/26/2009 6:40pm
Ozzy wrote:
Quote : (even in professional cycling word travels fast...) "Astana has struggled with financial problems this year. In May, the International Cycling Union threatened to withdraw...

Why mention all this?
Dave O.Wink
more people have been skull fucked in motocross than have been paid...been that way since i put a wheel on bell in 79 at the oakland sx.

sad to say but true...motocross people with a little money are fuckers through and through. same back then...same today.

they say mx people are the best and they are...the people that race...the people that say they race and leach off of others like the fuckballs that are hanging on jason lawrence are the worst fuckballs ever made. they know it....we know it...and they know it. pricks....
tunedlength
7/26/2009 10:07pm
Racing is for the most part made up of mechanically inclined carnival people.
The non carny folk get eatin alive.
Always sleep with one eye open and hide your money!
SH_105
7/27/2009 8:36am
Huckster wrote:
Moto fans seem to be a pretty loyal bunch. If there is a sponsor supporting the sport, we try to support them. I just bought a...
Moto fans seem to be a pretty loyal bunch. If there is a sponsor supporting the sport, we try to support them. I just bought a Muscle Milk the other day. If there is a sponsor out there who is not fulfilling their obligation, why not come out and tell us instead of posting the "i know something, but cant tell...code" I know as a consumer, I would no longer support that company's product, especially if they were not paying the riders and mechanics and not living up to the contractual obligations.
Huck some people would do that but it also isnt exactly the best way to go about things. Ozzy was just stating it has happened and is still happening to this day and he feels its not right, as do I. It doesnt look good for anyone involved when it happens and the worst thing I feel to do is air that on a message board. Im a true believer in what comes around goes around and those who are in the wrong with get theirs in the end.

SH 32
Huckster
7/27/2009 9:08am
Sean I wasn't calling out Ozzy. I was generalizing that maybe if it were made public, doesnt have to be on a message brd, that certain sponsors were not paying their bills as contracted that if we(moto consumers) boycotted their product it would send a message to not only them but future companies as well. After all they obviously felt we were their target demographic or they would not have entered into the relationship in the first place.
SH_105
7/27/2009 9:42am
Huckster wrote:
Sean I wasn't calling out Ozzy. I was generalizing that maybe if it were made public, doesnt have to be on a message brd, that certain...
Sean I wasn't calling out Ozzy. I was generalizing that maybe if it were made public, doesnt have to be on a message brd, that certain sponsors were not paying their bills as contracted that if we(moto consumers) boycotted their product it would send a message to not only them but future companies as well. After all they obviously felt we were their target demographic or they would not have entered into the relationship in the first place.
Totally understand what you are saying Huck. Only problem is that sometimes its not a sponsor its the Team that isnt paying and in return makes everything look bad, case in point what everyone "hears" about the whole CAS honda deal. Is it true they dont pay....??? I have no idea its just hear say to me, but also KNOW that it does happen here!! Its unfortunate to the actual sponsors of the team because its not what they have signed up for.

SH 32

Post a reply to: Warning to Private Teams......

The Latest