Ward, Johnson, Bailey, o’mara, Hannah

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2018 6:55 PM

Someone posted about Rick Johnson recently. I said I thought he was the greatest of all time, which I believe, cause the guy won everything, but his career was cut short. But these guys in there day, won almost every mxon. They had heart, they rode on bikes that were inferior to today’s technology. Didn’t make half the money these guys do, but they were the best in my opinion. Miss those great times, but to me that was motocross back then. Today it’s not the same. Guess I’m just getting old

|

10/7/2018 6:56 PM

Baddest dude to ever race the MXDN and TDN for us was Danny "Magoo" Chandler.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/7/2018 6:57 PM

It isn't the same in the States, but MX is alive and well in Europe.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

10/7/2018 6:58 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

False, he is the emotional pick. RJ, Ward, Bailey are all better. They were good year after year. It's disrespectful to those guys to say Magoo was better. He was not.

|

10/7/2018 6:59 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I apologize I forgot about MAGOO

|

10/7/2018 6:59 PM

Mungusman wrote:

Someone posted about Rick Johnson recently. I said I thought he was the greatest of all time, which I believe, cause the guy ...more

RJ was making over a million dollars a year by the late 80s. Let's not act like they were doing this shit for free.

|

10/7/2018 7:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 7:03 PM

Mungusman wrote:

Someone posted about Rick Johnson recently. I said I thought he was the greatest of all time, which I believe, cause the guy ...more

Park Boys wrote:

RJ was making over a million dollars a year by the late 80s. Let's not act like they were doing this shit for free.

No I didn’t mean it that way, but there making a lot more now. I just meant those guys just wanted to show everyone, they were the best, I just think it’s different now.

|

10/7/2018 7:03 PM

Magoo is easily one if the greats and can argued as the best any time. Hardly disrespectful and I bet those guys would say the same. Consider when he dominated, early in the game.

|

10/7/2018 7:13 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Mungusman wrote:

I apologize I forgot about MAGOO

No worries.

I was just "remembering out-loud".

Danny was the only person to sweep the Motocross & Trophee des Nations.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/7/2018 7:40 PM

BR8ES wrote:

Magoo is easily one if the greats and can argued as the best any time. Hardly disrespectful and I bet those guys would say the ...more

Magoo was badass for sure, He had two great weekends, but he was never dominant rider.

|

10/7/2018 8:43 PM

remember when MC ran the "RJ Who?" butt patch and RJ got PTFO? RJ still > MC sorry.

|

10/7/2018 8:52 PM

milliebays wrote:

remember when MC ran the "RJ Who?" butt patch and RJ got PTFO? RJ still > MC sorry.

No way

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

10/7/2018 9:07 PM

Danny was never a consistent threat for a lot of championships, but head to head he'd smoke any of those legends handily.

|

10/7/2018 9:16 PM

BobbyM wrote:

Danny was never a consistent threat for a lot of championships, but head to head he'd smoke any of those legends handily.

I agree 100%.

|

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

10/7/2018 9:43 PM

BR8ES wrote:

Magoo is easily one if the greats and can argued as the best any time. Hardly disrespectful and I bet those guys would say the ...more

UpTiTe wrote:

Magoo was badass for sure, He had two great weekends, but he was never dominant rider.

One weekend is still talked about today though isn't it?

|

10/7/2018 9:59 PM

Magoo 82 Photo

|

Blur the technicolor

10/7/2018 10:28 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Magoo owned the MXDN and TDN that one year, But this dude saved a win for the USA once and went 6 for 6 with wins.

Photo

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/7/2018 10:37 PM

It was cool that Racer X posted the Magoo documentary on his birthday- Oct. 5 I think. I watched the whole thing, but I always have to FF on the Paris crash. The guy was larger than life.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.