Ward, Dymond, Kern, Stephenson & Matiasevich on Pulpmx Show Tonight!

Matthes
Edited Date/Time 8/30/2017 5:49pm
Ward, Dymond, Kern, Matiasevich and Stephenson on Pulpmx Show Tonight!

The 90’s are back tonight on the Pulpmx Show presented by BTOSports.com and Fly Racing. Host Steve Matthes will welcome on 1990 125SX champion Denny Stephenson as well as two-time 125SX champion Jeff Matiasevich in-studio all show to talk about what happened at the Ironman MX national, the upcoming MXDN and look back at their careers.

We’ll have SX/MX legend Jeff Ward on tonight to talk about his Race Across America, being teammates with Chicken, thoughts on the Ironman MX race and more.

Two-time 125MX champion Micky Dymond will be on to talk about his career as well as promote his book The Legends of the Road which talks about what’s needed inside a person to complete a couple of grueling races. And we’re sure at some point Dymond will tell us some Chicken and Denny stories.

The upcoming USGP at WW Ranch is going to be a great battle with the top MXGP racers and Eli Tomac, Cooper Webb to name a couple. We’ll have the promoter of that race, Wyn Kern, on tonight to talk about it, moving it from Gainesville, the new home for the Mini Olympics and more.

We’ll also have Jason Thomas from Fly Racing on at some point to offer up his analysis, waffle a bit and make us laugh.

Got a question for the show? Tweet @pulpmxshow and our guy Travis will do his best to get it answered on the BTOSports.com Tweet at Travis segment.

We’ll also answer the N-Fab Question of the Day as well as read off some Race Tech emails. Our hosts will be under the gun with the EKS Brand goggles Tear Off segment. The Gear Alloy Cold Call is always fun also right?

What you’ll want to do is log-in to Pulpmxshow.com at 6PM PST/9PM EST and we’ll be streaming live and hosting a chat room. As usual, you can call in at anytime during the show to talk to the guest or the hosts at 702-586-PULP (7857).

You can listen live on your smartphone with the Tune In App by searching Pulpmx Show and listen live on the Pulpmx App as well.

You can listen to the show the next day on Stitcher.com as well as the Pulpmx App on your smartphone or iTunes for download. It will also be available the next day on Pulpmxshow.com.

Thanks to our sponsor BTOSports.com. BTOSports.com is your #1 source for motocross gear and accessories with Free Shipping WORLDWIDE. BTO Sports is your number one source for all of your motocross parts, gear, accessories and apparel. BTOSports.com is a motocross company who is truly dedicated to the sport.

The PulpMX Show is also presented by Fly Racing. Fly Racing is the industry standard for motocross and off-road gear, as well as our hard parts and accessories. Also Fly Racing and parent company Western Power Sports are now a premier-level partner for the Lucas Oils Pro Motocross Championship. These are just a few ways that Fly Racing is becoming more and more involved in the sport that we all love. Check out what Fly Racing has been up to at their website FlyRacing.com and on social media @flyracingusa.

The Pulpmx show is also brought to you by X-Brand Goggles, Race Tech Suspension, Pivot Works, Vortex Racing, Gear Alloy, Roost MX Graphics, FMF Racing, Atlas Neck Braces, N-FAB Jeep and Truck Parts, Michelin StarCross 5, Works Connection, DUBYA Wheels, 2UNDR, EK Chains, Ride Engineering, Grant Stone Boots and Guts Racing

|
Bigfoot
8/28/2017 12:16pm
Ask Micky how he's getting through his day without coffee. Whistling
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/28/2017 12:39pm
The combo of Denny and Matiasevich should be entertaining, the show will take a life of it's own...
SKlein
8/28/2017 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 2:24pm
Denny & Chicken combo is the one I've been waiting for a return of. Always hilarious stuff when they're on.

The Shop

philG
8/28/2017 2:41pm
I might ring in, not often you get 3 guys you raced on the pulp show.
slowgti
8/29/2017 6:03am
That cold call to Dogger is solid gold
RangerLee
8/29/2017 6:21am
Not sure what I am going to do now that the season is over, no more monday PulpMX shows right?

I have not heard last nights yet, but will there still be a show after the USGPs? How about after the MEC and/or straight rhythm?

Yes, I am greedy, I want more shows.
NorCal 50+
8/29/2017 9:45am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 9:46am
Anybody else hear that nugget that Denny dropped about the SX series (Feld?) trying to take Discount Tire from Reed as a sponsor?
Please tell me that Feld doesn't try and take the sponsors of top riders that put together their own teams.That would be very revealing and disturbing. But it would explain a helluva lot about Chad's attitude.
That would also verify my theory that Feld thinks the riders are just paid performers like circus clowns. It would be extremely natural for them to apply that same approach to riders. Because it puts more money in Feld's pockets, pure and simple.
olds cool
8/29/2017 9:51am
Same thing happens in NASCAR on a regular basis...
marx41
Fantasy
904th
8/29/2017 9:53am
RangerLee wrote:
Not sure what I am going to do now that the season is over, no more monday PulpMX shows right? I have not heard last nights...
Not sure what I am going to do now that the season is over, no more monday PulpMX shows right?

I have not heard last nights yet, but will there still be a show after the USGPs? How about after the MEC and/or straight rhythm?

Yes, I am greedy, I want more shows.
We have a couple off weeks but for the most part, you can still look forward to your regularly scheduled Monday night nonsense through the offseason.
8/29/2017 10:06am
Man what a killer show that was. Denny and Chicken were both hilarious and down to earth... Man the stories were great. I can only imagine the ones they didn't share!! Getting Dogger on the line was a home run.
Dimblewambie
8/29/2017 10:16am
Great line up, have done the RC stuff with chicken for a few years now and Grew up with Mickys sons playing hockey. Ordered his book via Amazon, through the pulp banner. Cheers
RangerLee
8/29/2017 1:13pm
marx41 wrote:
We have a couple off weeks but for the most part, you can still look forward to your regularly scheduled Monday night nonsense through the offseason.
NOICE, thanks Marx!!!
Bigfoot
8/29/2017 1:35pm

MICKY DYMOND RELEASES BOOK: “The Legends of the Road”

There are two sporting events that are uniquely American: The 3,000-mile Race Across America (RAAM) bicycle race and the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. In 2014, Micky Dymond, the 1986 and 1987 AMA 125cc Motocross Champion did both, back-to-back.

Dymond competed in RAAM as a member of the winning 4-rider relay team, titled the “Legends of the Road” consisting of Dymond, David Zabriskie (former pro bicycle road racer), Dave Mirra (X-Games BMX legend) and Ben Bostrum (AMA Pro motorcycle road-racer turned pro mountain bike racer). The four completed the 3,000-mile route from Oceanside, California to Annapolis, Maryland in 5 days, 11 hours and 41 minutes.

Mere days after his bicycle victory Dymond traded his Lycra skin-suit for a set of road-racing leathers and took on the legendary Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, which is run on a 12.42-mile, 156-turn course that top-level riders such as Dymond reach 150 mph and complete the course in about 10 minutes. Dymond has a long history with the event—he was rookie of the year in his first attempt and held the course record for a time.

Dymond’s book tells the tale of preparing for both events, of the many moments of drama leading to his team winning RAAM, of arriving at Pikes Peak physically and mentally spent and of his pushing his 1200cc Ducati to fourth place in spite of his exhausted state. Dymond’s tale of two-wheeled adventure is told in a casual and laid-back style that makes it a fun and easy read. He does a fine job of letting the reader into his head for a glimpse of what drives this man to take on and excel in two of the world’s most extreme events.

The Legends of the Road is available in print or as a Kindle download at : http://preview.tinyurl.com/https-www-amazon-com-Legends
Joko
Fantasy
233rd
8/29/2017 4:15pm
Chicken's voice sounds like Wyatt from the movie "Weird Science"
Meterman
8/29/2017 4:37pm
To me Chicken sounded like Eddie Bravo.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/29/2017 5:32pm
Married six times to the same woman....
Was that for realz? Haha

Great show, would be a riot to hang out with those two guys.
tobz
8/29/2017 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 7:03pm
Ha, those lads are pretty fried.

Enjoyed the 90's a little too much maybe.

Was it chicken that said that Stewart on a 125 reminded him of himself? Plot:lost
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
8/29/2017 7:18pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Anybody else hear that nugget that Denny dropped about the SX series (Feld?) trying to take Discount Tire from Reed as a sponsor? Please tell me...
Anybody else hear that nugget that Denny dropped about the SX series (Feld?) trying to take Discount Tire from Reed as a sponsor?
Please tell me that Feld doesn't try and take the sponsors of top riders that put together their own teams.That would be very revealing and disturbing. But it would explain a helluva lot about Chad's attitude.
That would also verify my theory that Feld thinks the riders are just paid performers like circus clowns. It would be extremely natural for them to apply that same approach to riders. Because it puts more money in Feld's pockets, pure and simple.
In a nutshell, that is exactly what happened.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/29/2017 7:43pm
tobz wrote:
Ha, those lads are pretty fried. Enjoyed the 90's a little too much maybe. Was it chicken that said that Stewart on a 125 reminded him...
Ha, those lads are pretty fried.

Enjoyed the 90's a little too much maybe.

Was it chicken that said that Stewart on a 125 reminded him of himself? Plot:lost
He probably meant just for the style from Fox gear, not the riding ability. Nobody before or probably in the future will compare to Stewy's riding!
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
8/29/2017 10:55pm
That was pure gold! I have not laughed that hard in awhile. Awesome!
SKlein
8/30/2017 9:02am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2017 9:03am
Great as expected, thanks for getting these guys together. Hopefully you can get them back on soon.
jasonv43
8/30/2017 9:02am
I just started a thread thanking you for your show and saying how great Monday's show was. I guess I could have just posted that in here huh.Laughing

Anyways man great job again. Loved the show Monday. Incredible line up and great stories. You do an amazing job every show and I just want to say thanks. And thanks for introducing me to Matt Good. I had never heard Last Parade until I started listening to your show again recently. What other songs from him do you like?

https://youtu.be/zvKKRBNzAxk
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
8/30/2017 9:09am
jasonv43 wrote:
I just started a thread thanking you for your show and saying how great Monday's show was. I guess I could have just posted that in...
I just started a thread thanking you for your show and saying how great Monday's show was. I guess I could have just posted that in here huh.Laughing

Anyways man great job again. Loved the show Monday. Incredible line up and great stories. You do an amazing job every show and I just want to say thanks. And thanks for introducing me to Matt Good. I had never heard Last Parade until I started listening to your show again recently. What other songs from him do you like?

https://youtu.be/zvKKRBNzAxk
That song has defined my work commute. Started a new job and shortly after was turned on to the pulp show around show 90, 6 years later I have to head in to work tonight and as I drive away, that song will be playing again, haha.
jasonv43
8/30/2017 9:26am
Markee wrote:
That song has defined my work commute. Started a new job and shortly after was turned on to the pulp show around show 90, 6 years...
That song has defined my work commute. Started a new job and shortly after was turned on to the pulp show around show 90, 6 years later I have to head in to work tonight and as I drive away, that song will be playing again, haha.
It is hitting a soft spot for me as well. Going through some shit in life that I never thought I would ever go through. It's crazy how one song will just hit you in just the right way. I've listened to it every day for weeks now. So good.

I had listened to the show off and on for years now but never really noticed it until recently. So weird how that works.
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
8/30/2017 12:31pm
jasonv43 wrote:
It is hitting a soft spot for me as well. Going through some shit in life that I never thought I would ever go through. It's...
It is hitting a soft spot for me as well. Going through some shit in life that I never thought I would ever go through. It's crazy how one song will just hit you in just the right way. I've listened to it every day for weeks now. So good.

I had listened to the show off and on for years now but never really noticed it until recently. So weird how that works.
Liked the song so much I put him in Pandora. Like a lot of his stuff.

To me the funniest comment was when Chicken asked Micky why'd he'd put himself thru that grueling race when there is no pay day. Micky said a lot of it is self reflection, etc, to which Chicken said why go thru the pain, lay on the couch and pop acid. LOL!

Post a reply to: Ward, Dymond, Kern, Stephenson & Matiasevich on Pulpmx Show Tonight!

The Latest