Wanted the 19 kawi, then ran into this!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2018 7:01 PM

Spoke with my wallet immediately!

Photo
Photo

|

6/21/2018 7:05 PM

Is it bad that my favorite part of these bikes is the seat cover?

congrats man that thing is sweet

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

6/21/2018 7:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2018 7:20 PM

GregDVT wrote:

Is it bad that my favorite part of these bikes is the seat cover?

congrats man that thing is sweet

Not bad at all, I really wanted the new kawi. I stopped over at the local dealer and they had a factory edition that just got there. When I saw it up close I couldn’t believe how quality this bike was built, and the standard parts that it came with. It’s truly amazing stuff!

|

6/21/2018 7:12 PM

Wow, best not to buy first year technology, but I’ve done it.
Sweet, still my fav. colour.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

6/21/2018 7:15 PM

I hate you.silly

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

6/21/2018 7:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2018 7:46 PM

plowboy wrote:

I hate you.silly

Haha it’s at rg3 getting suspension done now, pitting my bars on and that’s literally all this thing needs. Maybe down the road a fmf ti but everyone is saying the Ktm exhaust is very good

|

6/21/2018 8:26 PM

plowboy wrote:

I hate you.silly

shunter986 wrote:

Haha it’s at rg3 getting suspension done now, pitting my bars on and that’s literally all this thing needs. Maybe down the road a fmf ti but everyone is saying the Ktm exhaust is very good

Nice,congrats. Great bike.

|

6/21/2018 8:50 PM

plowboy wrote:

I hate you.silly

shunter986 wrote:

You're getting the suspension revalved having never even ridden the bike?

|

6/21/2018 8:58 PM

This reminds me of Bob when he couldn’t pass up the fukinawa on display. Can’t blame ya one bit. Nice choice ?

|

6/21/2018 8:59 PM

plowboy wrote:

I hate you.silly

shunter986 wrote:

SPYGUY wrote:

Maybe it needs a heavier spring?

|

6/21/2018 9:06 PM

shunter986 wrote:

SPYGUY wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Still needs broke in first.

|

6/21/2018 9:07 PM

Congrats on the new ride, sexxyy! Have you named her yet?

|

6/22/2018 9:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 9:36 AM

SPYGUY wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

imoto34 wrote:

I am 250 pounds, I can’t ride without a shock spring. I’m a larger A rider. If I try to ride without a shock spring I’ll literally die.

|

6/22/2018 9:48 AM

mxb2 wrote:

imoto34 wrote:

shunter986 wrote:

I am 250 pounds, I can’t ride without a shock spring. I’m a larger A rider. If I try to ride without a shock spring I’ll literally die.

Im also 250lbs and can confirm you need a spring or die. And im a D rider haha

|

6/22/2018 9:52 AM

Never heard of anyone dying from the wrong shock spring. I must be new...

|

6/22/2018 10:05 AM

Better seat bounce

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

6/22/2018 10:26 AM

shunter986 wrote:

Not bad at all, I really wanted the new kawi. I stopped over at the local dealer and they had a factory edition that just got there. When I saw it up close I couldn’t believe how quality this bike was built, and the standard parts that it came with. It’s truly amazing stuff!

I felt the same way about the quality when I started working at a Husky dealer. Made me a fan for sure.

|

6/22/2018 10:36 AM

Oh hell, I kinda hate you too, lol. They are good looking bike's and get even better looking when you get them home. Congrats!

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/22/2018 10:42 AM

imoto34 wrote:

shunter986 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

Im also 250lbs and can confirm you need a spring or die. And im a D rider haha

Another heavy guy...imagine setting your bike with like 400mm of sag...yeah, that's our problem with a stock spring.

|

6/22/2018 10:44 AM

slipdog wrote:

I can imagine it. Heavier, faster riders need more support, otherwise the shock action is way off. Boinggggggggggg!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/22/2018 10:48 AM

Damnit those triple clamps are cool

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

6/22/2018 10:53 AM

That's funny, I was just about to buy an FE buy the reviews of the 19 Kawasaki are so good im getting one of those and saving $2000 also haha!

|

6/22/2018 11:05 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

That's funny, I was just about to buy an FE buy the reviews of the 19 Kawasaki are so good im getting one of those and saving $2000 also haha!

I was right there with you man. Then I saw the Ktm and the resale value. Like I said I immediately bought it after seeing it up close. The Kawasaki resale is dirt, I hope that changes in the future, looks like a good bike!

|

6/22/2018 11:08 AM

slipdog wrote:

D riders die all the time, it's plaguing the sport!!

|

6/22/2018 11:30 AM

slipdog wrote:

It's true, it happened to me once

|

6/22/2018 12:11 PM

mxb2 wrote:

imoto34 wrote:

shunter986 wrote:

So your sending off for just a spring? I get it, buying a socket set would be a major investment! pinch

|

6/22/2018 12:15 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

shunter986 wrote:

I was right there with you man. Then I saw the Ktm and the resale value. Like I said I immediately bought it after seeing it up close. The Kawasaki resale is dirt, I hope that changes in the future, looks like a good bike!

The nice thing about kawi is every spring they lay out huge incentives, and you can often buy a new 450 for 6500 bucks OTD if you pay cash out of state. Two years later get your 4000$ and it cost you 1000$ a year to own, minus whatever you won in contingency.

Cant believe people spend 7-8K on 1-2 year old FE's, at the end of the day its still a used dirt bike.

|

6/22/2018 12:21 PM

I am doing the same, my dealer called me and said my 19 Kawi is ready to pick up when I am. I told him to let me know when the 19 KTM 450 comes in and I will head down. BUT, I keep thinking about that kawi and hesitant about the first year model with two major changes of electric start and hydraulic clutch.

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Yoshimura, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma, Works Connection

6/22/2018 12:44 PM

imoto34 wrote:

Congrats on the new ride, sexxyy! Have you named her yet?

Mine is Katie M

|

6/22/2018 1:12 PM

Dude you bought that $11,000 bike when you coulda had a $5000 factory quality kx? smile

Looks nice!

|