Want to test out an Alta?

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
Highland park in Cedartown, Ga is now carrying the Alta electric bikes. They'll be doing demo rides in the future (hopefully soon) and they'll have some in the rental fleet. I'm excited to try one out. Cool
|
nc_mx_kid
5/5/2017 9:52am
good to see a southeast dealer of the Alta, I'd see them weekly testing at local socal tracks. I think the bikes are great and great concept especially with riding areas closing'/getting smaller with cities growing E technology will be continue to be more buyable option for riding
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
5/5/2017 10:08am
I think the only other dealer is in Orlando, all the others are in California and 1 in Colorado? Might be the start of more east, southeast alta dealers.

NC ain't far, when they announce the demo date you ought to plan a trip over here. You can camp at the track.

Here's a link to GOR talking about it.
http://georgiaoffroad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65045
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
5/5/2017 10:50am
colintrax wrote:
Highland park in Cedartown, Ga is now carrying the Alta electric bikes. They'll be doing demo rides in the future (hopefully soon) and they'll have some...
Highland park in Cedartown, Ga is now carrying the Alta electric bikes. They'll be doing demo rides in the future (hopefully soon) and they'll have some in the rental fleet. I'm excited to try one out. Cool
Your post made me think of an opportunity for them that I hadn't thought of.

Alta could make deals with tracks to give them bikes so that they can rent out. Bike costs are way too high and this might be an opportunity for rookie riders to rent a bike at a track and ride. It's possible they could be a better option for rental bikes than normal bikes and less maintenance because of no engine plus the benefit of tuneability options?
5/5/2017 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2017 1:15pm
Ramrod wrote:
Your post made me think of an opportunity for them that I hadn't thought of. Alta could make deals with tracks to give them bikes so...

Alta could make deals with tracks to give them bikes so that they can rent out. Bike costs are way too high and this might be an opportunity for rookie riders to rent a bike at a track and ride. It's possible they could be a better option for rental bikes than normal bikes and less maintenance because of no engine plus the benefit of tuneability options?
"Tuneability" option made me think about other advantages. You could coordinate with a GPS and set optimal speed for each jump. (That is, limit speed based on location.) No more casing or over jumping. An experienced rider (similar weight) could take a few laps and map out tracks. Obviously, not an advantage for a pro and couldn't compensate for major track (jump face) deterioration, but could be very helpful for beginner riders.

The Shop

MudPup545
5/5/2017 1:20pm
colintrax wrote:
Highland park in Cedartown, Ga is now carrying the Alta electric bikes. They'll be doing demo rides in the future (hopefully soon) and they'll have some...
Ramrod wrote:
Your post made me think of an opportunity for them that I hadn't thought of. Alta could make deals with tracks to give them bikes so...

Rental. Not a bad idea at all!! You arrive at local track, sign appropriate waivers, pay a fee and ride. At the end of the day the staff has to wash bikes and charge em' up. People can rent just about anything these days, why not an electric MX bike?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/5/2017 1:26pm
Really good thread from Seth505 in the electric bike section about his experiences riding an Alta.
RickA
5/6/2017 4:58am
Find just bought one. Lasted 20 minutes and the battery died. They had to send a tech here with a Laptop and replace a bunch of stuff.

He went to the first race and it did 5 laps on the #3 setting, the battery went dead. The thing is a heavy piece of shit, no thank you.
Jmicmoto13
5/6/2017 6:59am
Yep, we saw them getting unloaded last weekend and looked at them in the shop. They look very high quality. The owner was riding around on it testing on Saturday. Definitely weird to only hear the chain when it's moving. Sweet bike.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
5/6/2017 7:00am
Ramrod wrote:

"Tuneability" option made me think about other advantages. You could coordinate with a GPS and set optimal speed for each jump. (That is, limit speed based...
"Tuneability" option made me think about other advantages. You could coordinate with a GPS and set optimal speed for each jump. (That is, limit speed based on location.) No more casing or over jumping. An experienced rider (similar weight) could take a few laps and map out tracks. Obviously, not an advantage for a pro and couldn't compensate for major track (jump face) deterioration, but could be very helpful for beginner riders.
No way i'm getting on a bike that governs power to hit a jump, hell no, hell to tha naw.

GPS glitch, you done sent grandma over the triple half power.

https://youtu.be/JdKI1wj-JpI
5/6/2017 8:12am
RickA wrote:
Find just bought one. Lasted 20 minutes and the battery died. They had to send a tech here with a Laptop and replace a bunch of...
Find just bought one. Lasted 20 minutes and the battery died. They had to send a tech here with a Laptop and replace a bunch of stuff.

He went to the first race and it did 5 laps on the #3 setting, the battery went dead. The thing is a heavy piece of shit, no thank you.
My buddy bought a Honda 450 and it completely locked up after 20 minutes. They all have problems.
RickA
5/6/2017 9:01am
RickA wrote:
Find just bought one. Lasted 20 minutes and the battery died. They had to send a tech here with a Laptop and replace a bunch of...

My buddy bought a Honda 450 and it completely locked up after 20 minutes. They all have problems.
Who forgot to put oil in it? See it all the time
DA498
5/6/2017 11:54am
RickA wrote:
Who forgot to put oil in it? See it all the time
What do you know about oil?!

Post a reply to: Want to test out an Alta?

The Latest