Want to test out Ohlins Kit Supsension for free? December 8th & 9th

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2017 7:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2017 7:51 AM

My buddy from Ohlins Sweden, Chris Nilsson, is coming over the US this weekend and is putting on two Ohlins demo days out at Milestone MX Park here in Southern California. The dates are December 8th (Friday) and the 9th (Saturday). They have forks and shocks ready for most current models and they'll equip them to your personal bike to try out on the track.

The demo event is in conjunction with MK Motorsports, so to confirm a time slot to try their suspension out it's best to call Travis Smith at (951) 245-5588 to get a confirmed time.

Photo

|

12/6/2017 7:50 AM

Form Ohlins? Did we just find the real Tyler? Lol.

That's actually pretty damn cool of them to do. Hopefully they sell a couple kits. I'm sure that's the plan.
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/6/2017 7:51 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote: Form Ohlins? Did we just find the real Tyler? Lol.

That's actually pretty damn cool of them to do. Hopefully they sell a couple kits. I'm sure that's the plan.

I AM TYLER! laughing Kidding of course...

|

12/6/2017 7:56 AM

2018 RM450Z shock...?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

12/6/2017 7:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2017 7:58 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

2018 RM450Z shock...?

Manny, I can double check but I think that's a no.

|

12/6/2017 8:00 AM

This is awesome. I'm in the market for kit suspension but always wondered whether it was worth it. I was actually eyeing up the Ohlins RXF48 and TTX. Instead of relying on keyboard warrior testimonials, i can now try it for myself. No better way to persuade me!

I wish other suspension manufacturers did this (hint hint WP, etc). Same thing with bike manufacturers. Most other products out there on the market, you can walk into a store and touch/play with/experience before buying. You can even test drive the car you want before you buy it. Motocross lacks that. Yamaha and KTM seem to be the only manufacturers around here that do demo days. I just went to the Yamaha ride day a few weeks ago and after having the chance to ride all the 18's, i was left dreaming blue!

|

12/6/2017 8:09 AM

Micheal, any chance you could pick Chris’ brain, and see if an 08 CRF 450 shock would fit an ‘07 RMZ 450, with a clevis change, maybe? Happen to own both. Thanks.

|

12/6/2017 8:13 AM

Not interested, because I want to keep enjoying my stock suspension. laughing

Very cool though, I tried a 250 sx-f with Ohlins on it and it tracked very well.

|

12/6/2017 8:49 AM

I won't be making it as I'm on the other side of the country. However I'm curious how this works. My stock suspension is valved/sprung for my weight, no way Ohlins valves and springs their stuff for me. So how are us, uncommon mass, people supposed to participate and make a solid judgment?

|

12/6/2017 9:24 AM

colintrax wrote:

I won't be making it as I'm on the other side of the country. However I'm curious how this works. My stock suspension is valved/sprung for my weight, no way Ohlins valves and springs their stuff for me. So how are us, uncommon mass, people supposed to participate and make a solid judgment?

I'm not sure, but I've read they use the same valving for every level of rider. I doubt that's true, but I guess it's possible

|

12/6/2017 3:36 PM

Bump!

|

12/6/2017 3:49 PM

colintrax wrote:

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

I'm not sure, but I've read they use the same valving for every level of rider. I doubt that's true, but I guess it's possible

That’s what I was told to when I had a set for my 350, they have Moto valving or woods valving and you only need to change the springs.

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

12/6/2017 3:52 PM

I really wish the east coast had people like ML512, I'd love to have a demo day with ohlins!

|

12/6/2017 3:57 PM

How long can you ride the suspension?

|

12/6/2017 4:22 PM

ML512 wrote:

My buddy from Ohlins Sweden, Chris Nilsson, is coming over the US this weekend and is putting on two Ohlins demo days out at Milestone MX Park here in Southern California. The dates are December 8th (Friday) and the 9th (Saturday). They have forks and shocks ready for most current models and they'll equip them to your personal bike to try out on the track.

The demo event is in conjunction with MK Motorsports, so to confirm a time slot to try their suspension out it's best to call Travis Smith at (951) 245-5588 to get a confirmed time.

Photo

Met Chris at a Loretta Lynn qualifier at Thunder Valley in Tn. He seems like a really cool guy and was talking about doing some demo rides like this. I wish I has asked him if he was related to Nils Arne Nilsson who lived in Nashville for a while when he worked for Husky (they had a warehouse there). Could you ask him?

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

12/6/2017 4:56 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

2018 RM450Z shock...?

ML512 wrote:

Manny, I can double check but I think that's a no.

Well, I'm thinking it's the bike that needs it the most!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

12/6/2017 5:16 PM

Wish companies could do stuff like this in the Northeast

|

12/6/2017 5:35 PM

I'm locked in for Saturday. Gonna be awesome!

|

12/7/2017 6:49 AM

Bump.

|

12/7/2017 8:06 AM

I'm kind of surprised Ohlins doesn't do this at a rougher track than Milestone. Logistics?

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

12/7/2017 8:07 AM

captmoto wrote:

I'm kind of surprised Ohlins doesn't do this at a rougher track than Milestone. Logistics?

It's the most popular and easily accessible track in Southern California.

|

12/8/2017 7:09 AM

Bump.

|

12/8/2017 12:09 PM

Take the chance, i have a TTX flow on my -17 Crf450 right now and i just bought a new shock and the fork inserts for my -18 when im healed in february. So get out there and feel the difference for yourself

|

12/8/2017 2:37 PM

I love the TTX Flow on my KTM 450SXF.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

12/8/2017 2:52 PM

Lastander wrote:

Take the chance, i have a TTX flow on my -17 Crf450 right now and i just bought a new shock and the fork inserts for my -18 when im healed in february. So get out there and feel the difference for yourself

Can you give us a ride report, on how they feel vs stock. I've got the same bike, curious...

|

12/8/2017 7:19 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote: Form Ohlins? Did we just find the real Tyler? Lol.

ML512 wrote:

I AM TYLER! laughing Kidding of course...

CAN YOU PLEES RETES SUSUKI 450 WITH OLINDSEY SUSPINSHUN?

|

12/8/2017 7:28 PM

Yeah, any feedback from today?

|