Want to see a world class athlete in Seattle this week?

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 4/10/2014 7:12am
Catch the Mariners this Friday! King Felix is on the mound http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=sea

|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/9/2014 5:29pm
I can think of some other world-class athletes that I'd rather watch. And there's a lot less scratching, spitting, and uniform adjusting going on. Smile
Brent
4/9/2014 6:12pm
Uhh, are baseball players really "athletes"??

Here are a couple finely tuned machines below, try and guess their body fat percentage:

APLMAN99
4/9/2014 6:17pm
Brent wrote:
Uhh, are baseball players really "athletes"?? Here are a couple finely tuned machines below, try and guess their body fat percentage: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/04/09/50560/s1200_sabathia.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/04/09/50561/s1200_fat_guy_4.jpg[/img]

Here are a couple finely tuned machines below, try and guess their body fat percentage:

Different types of athletes, obviously, but the fact that those guys can perform at a high level like that with that much weight probably points to them having a tremendous amount of natural athleticism.
MX Culture
4/9/2014 6:19pm
I liked baseball when I was 6......

because I dind't know any better

The Shop

zehn
4/9/2014 6:26pm
Moto fans are just jelly because ESPN won't give them the time of day Tongue
RandyS
4/9/2014 6:35pm
MX Culture wrote:
I liked baseball when I was 6......

because I dind't know any better
LOL x2
I got my first motorcycle at 7.
Brent
4/9/2014 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2014 6:44pm
...its just odd that some of these food giants make 25 to 30 million a year for being able to throw the little white ball in exactly the right spot 90 times a night. ONCE A WEEK.

I personally think that not getting killed or maimed on the first lap of a supercross main event is far more impressive, but what do I know....
zehn
4/9/2014 6:44pm
Brent wrote:
...its just odd that some of these food giants make 25 to 30 million a year for being able to throw the little white ball in...
...its just odd that some of these food giants make 25 to 30 million a year for being able to throw the little white ball in exactly the right spot 90 times a night. ONCE A WEEK.

I personally think that not getting killed or maimed on the first lap of a supercross main event is far more impressive, but what do I know....
Luckily for the rest of society, you don't get to determine what other people like and are willing to pay for.
zehn
4/9/2014 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2014 6:47pm
And to anybody who says baseball players aren't real athletes, look at somebody like Robinson Cano or Mike Trout and tell me they aren't world class athletes.
Sandberm
4/9/2014 7:31pm
I like baseball, especially at Safeco field in Seattle. Its a great atmosphere to watch a game. Just wish I could get to more then one game a year.

Get a good pitcher who keeps the pace up and there is a flow to it.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
4/9/2014 7:41pm
zehn wrote:
And to anybody who says baseball players aren't [b]real[/b] athletes, look at somebody like Robinson Cano or Mike Trout and tell me they aren't world class...
And to anybody who says baseball players aren't real athletes, look at somebody like Robinson Cano or Mike Trout and tell me they aren't world class athletes.
Amen, just jealous motocrossers that don't understand anything that doesn't have a throttle. No different than people saying the bike does all the work, ignorance.
DownSouth
4/9/2014 7:45pm
Brent wrote:
Uhh, are baseball players really "athletes"?? Here are a couple finely tuned machines below, try and guess their body fat percentage: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/04/09/50560/s1200_sabathia.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/04/09/50561/s1200_fat_guy_4.jpg[/img]

Don't forget about this all time great.

JM485
4/9/2014 7:56pm
Played baseball for a long time, right up until seventh grade so I was 13. It was a great experience because I found out just how big of dicks most baseball players are, and how screwed but baseball parents can be, so I said "screw this, I'm going to go ride my dirtbike!" It might be fun when you are little but by the time politics start coming into play and every coach thinks their kid is the best thing to ever grace the field, all that goes out the window and people start to show their true colors. In moto we are all a family, in baseball it's pretty much every man for himself. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get it out.Smile
scooter5002
4/9/2014 8:12pm
They may not be athletes, but how someone can even SEE a ball approaching at 100mph, let alone send it up into the bleachers, or in Reggie Jacksons case, take lights out at Tiger Stadium, is beyond me. Pretty damned impressive.
4/9/2014 8:19pm
JM485 wrote:
Played baseball for a long time, right up until seventh grade so I was 13. It was a great experience because I found out just how...
Played baseball for a long time, right up until seventh grade so I was 13. It was a great experience because I found out just how big of dicks most baseball players are, and how screwed but baseball parents can be, so I said "screw this, I'm going to go ride my dirtbike!" It might be fun when you are little but by the time politics start coming into play and every coach thinks their kid is the best thing to ever grace the field, all that goes out the window and people start to show their true colors. In moto we are all a family, in baseball it's pretty much every man for himself. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get it out.Smile
Sounds like every other thread I've ever read on here in reference to Moto parents and mx politics. Not trying to be a square, you make a good point, just insert "motocross" instead of"baseball" and you'll see what I mean. All sports have more in common than we sometimes choose to see.

Fat guys? Jo Jo Keller and Sugar Bear might disagree lol.
DonM
4/9/2014 8:38pm
Brent wrote:
...its just odd that some of these food giants make 25 to 30 million a year for being able to throw the little white ball in...

Yeah those moto guys just sit on their bikes and twist the throttle for 20 laps. ONCE A WEEK and they only do it like 17 weekends....they're not athletes....
You're comments are just as ignorant as a non-moto person saying the above. When you are the best in the world at an athletic game (baseball) or an athletic event (SX/MX) you deserve respect....
Sandberm
4/9/2014 9:06pm
JM485 wrote:
Played baseball for a long time, right up until seventh grade so I was 13. It was a great experience because I found out just how...
Buzztower wrote:
Sounds like every other thread I've ever read on here in reference to Moto parents and mx politics. Not trying to be a square, you make...
Sounds like every other thread I've ever read on here in reference to Moto parents and mx politics. Not trying to be a square, you make a good point, just insert "motocross" instead of"baseball" and you'll see what I mean. All sports have more in common than we sometimes choose to see.

I think the difference is with a team sport you cant get away from the bad culture of your teammates crappy parents. You either fall inline or buck the trend and face the wrath.

In motocross, being an individual sport, you can retreat and do your own thing. Where your nemesis may be your teammate in baseball, he will be your competitor in mx.
steve_97060
4/9/2014 9:38pm
RexBackman wrote:
My goodness, people are cranky tonight...
ah, come on, you know how things work around here...

someone could make a post about mother Theresa doing something amazing, and eventually someone else would make a post saying she wasn't moto or core enough..
visser62
4/9/2014 11:57pm
Felix is a world class athlete. He is truly an amazing talent to watch throw a baseball.
BobbyM
4/10/2014 1:18am
JM485 wrote:
Buzztower wrote:
Sounds like every other thread I've ever read on here in reference to Moto parents and mx politics. Not trying to be a square, you make...

Billy wasn't big.
TRON
4/10/2014 4:37am
ROFL, baseball players are not atheletes.

The amount of money they make in the major leagues is nothing short of absurd.
Hank_Thrill
4/10/2014 5:10am
Big Lenny wrote:
Bo knows...

Agreed! Bo Jackson is such a beast. Anybody who hasn't watched his documentary is missing out.

Him and Nolan Ryan were my favorites growing up. When I watched them play in person, Bo hit a ball into Ryan's face, which required stitches after the game. I think Ryan ended up changing jerseys around seven times throughout the game, due to the bleeding.
wreckitrandy
4/10/2014 5:29am
Some pitchers are in fact, athletic. They would be the ones that can actually play defense. Greg Maddux comes to mind. A couple of the guys in the pics above are like me, they probably struggle to tie their shoes. They might throw it hard but come on, if they had to run from the bullpen to the mound they would need oxygen.
Roscoe33
4/10/2014 5:53am
zehn wrote:
And to anybody who says baseball players aren't [b]real[/b] athletes, look at somebody like Robinson Cano or Mike Trout and tell me they aren't world class...
mx510 wrote:
Amen, just jealous motocrossers that don't understand anything that doesn't have a throttle. No different than people saying the bike does all the work, ignorance.
no, a " world class athlete" gets his heart rate over 130 bpm.

the money ball players make is world class no question.
VOODOO27
4/10/2014 7:03am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2014 7:15am
zehn wrote:
mx510 wrote:
Roscoe33 wrote:

I couldn't find the heart rate threshold that determines if someone's a world class athlete anywhere on the internet. Not even on Wikipedia.

So, a trails rider isn't an athlete let alone a world class athlete by your definition.Gotcha
4/10/2014 7:08am
Roscoe33 wrote:

So NASCAR drivers are world class athletes?

People running a half marathon in four hours as well?

Strong argument.

The inferiority complex some of you here display any time someone dares mention another sport is disturbing.
4/10/2014 7:12am
A lot of you guys sound exactly like the people who can't differentiate between Motocross and Monster Truck rallies. Personally I would much rather take my family to a baseball game than a Supercross. To say baseball players are not athletes is just plain stupid. Is this athletic enough for you nincompoops?

Post a reply to: Want to see a world class athlete in Seattle this week?

The Latest