Want to leave California. Where should I go?

kylemenz1
Fantasy
765th
Edited Date/Time 2/8/2022 9:49pm
As the title says I’m about done with CA. I’ve been born and raised here in Southern California and what it has become is hard for me to deal with.

So where’s an area with good schools for kids (I have 4 of them), a strong Moto scene, and not going to lock down every time anyone other then a bum sneezes?

|
brocster
12/20/2021 7:23pm
kylemenz1 wrote:
As the title says I’m about done with CA. I’ve been born and raised here in Southern California and what it has become is hard for...
As the title says I’m about done with CA. I’ve been born and raised here in Southern California and what it has become is hard for me to deal with.

So where’s an area with good schools for kids (I have 4 of them), a strong Moto scene, and not going to lock down every time anyone other then a bum sneezes?

To each their own, but you won’t find anywhere what you have here. There is no escape, everywhere you go you will have to deal with something. May as well do it with nice weather and ease of access to everything.
hanzhonglboy1
12/20/2021 7:29pm
brocster wrote:
To each their own, but you won’t find anywhere what you have here. There is no escape, everywhere you go you will have to deal with...
To each their own, but you won’t find anywhere what you have here. There is no escape, everywhere you go you will have to deal with something. May as well do it with nice weather and ease of access to everything.
These are wise words. The saying goes "Wherever you go: there you are." That being said, Texas is great. Florida too. Good weather, no taxes and good Moto scene, but SoCal still laps them in certain areas- some of which are Moto related.

Schools are wholly dependent on neighborhood. The state has been done with COIVD for awhile and meaningful restrictions seem to me like they won't ever return.
mwssquad827
12/20/2021 7:30pm
Not idaho!! Idaho is a shit hole, you will hate it here. Go to Arizona or Utah 🤣😂🤣

The Shop

hanzhonglboy1
12/20/2021 7:31pm
Not idaho!! Idaho is a shit hole, you will hate it here. Go to Arizona or Utah 🤣😂🤣
What if the poor guy moves to rexburg or something and people start shitting on his kids for being 'different.' This could be actual great advice.
12/20/2021 7:33pm
Austin or Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas might be a good option for you. It has good school options, pretty safe, affordable housing options, a good amount of normal people, lots of sunshine (sometimes too much/too hot) & a bunch of tracks to ride. Both places have issues because no place is perfect, but not as many issues as Cali. Good luck!
12/20/2021 7:34pm
Move to Idaho everyone else from California has moved here. Hell home prices are getting pretty close to some areas of California. My family bought 20acres and built a house for $109,000 in 1990. You now can't buy an acre for less then $140,000 here. Most natives can't afford the rent anymore. Everyone moved here because they loved the feel of Idaho and it's values but now we have more people voting the same way they did in the states they moved from. In all honesty this place is great for kids and use to be great for outdoors. It is getting bought up and closed off very quickly.
sandhills
12/20/2021 7:39pm
Depends if you like having public land access. If you do then you have to stay in the west. Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Oregon, Idaho.

If you only ride track then Texas or Florida, get yourself a house with a pool.
mwssquad827
12/20/2021 7:41pm
showtimemx wrote:
Move to Idaho everyone else from California has moved here. Hell home prices are getting pretty close to some areas of California. My family bought 20acres...
Move to Idaho everyone else from California has moved here. Hell home prices are getting pretty close to some areas of California. My family bought 20acres and built a house for $109,000 in 1990. You now can't buy an acre for less then $140,000 here. Most natives can't afford the rent anymore. Everyone moved here because they loved the feel of Idaho and it's values but now we have more people voting the same way they did in the states they moved from. In all honesty this place is great for kids and use to be great for outdoors. It is getting bought up and closed off very quickly.
Amen!!!
Rawly
12/20/2021 7:55pm
Who cares. Just get out.
kapaa10
12/20/2021 8:11pm
So cal is the best. Stupid if you leave. Reason its the most expensive place to live.
Forty
12/20/2021 8:17pm
Portland is heaven on earth. Move there
kylemenz1
Fantasy
765th
12/20/2021 9:31pm
Good input fellas.

Idaho seems great but as mentioned above I think I probably missed the boat on that one. Too many Californias moved up there are priced just about everyone out.

Texas is appealing. I lived outside College Station for a bit in my early 20’s. Last time I was in the area it seemed like an extension of Austin with all the growth.

Haven’t thought much of Alabama. Something to look into.

I’m a fireman so relocated jobs isn’t as easy as other professions.
Spudnut
12/20/2021 9:42pm
South eastern WA is the SoCal of Washington 300 days of sunshine a year and a Starbucks on every street corner Pinch
dnf736
12/20/2021 10:10pm
Like I told my friends that literally two months ago got mad at California (San Diego even) sold everything and moved to Dallas "you are just one election cycle from all the other Cali expats around you voting in a Newsom".
Think carefully before you sell the farm.
That said I'm meeting them to go to the SX at Jerry's house in Arlington in February, cant wait.
Nairb#70
12/20/2021 10:13pm
Movin' to Montana soon. Gonna be a dental floss tycoon. Yippee yay yo kaya.
captmoto
12/20/2021 10:17pm
kylemenz1 wrote:
Good input fellas. Idaho seems great but as mentioned above I think I probably missed the boat on that one. Too many Californias moved up there...
Good input fellas.

Idaho seems great but as mentioned above I think I probably missed the boat on that one. Too many Californias moved up there are priced just about everyone out.

Texas is appealing. I lived outside College Station for a bit in my early 20’s. Last time I was in the area it seemed like an extension of Austin with all the growth.

You must be a new fireman and have time to start over. Start out by looking for a job first. You probably have pretty valuable experience that would be appreciated by small departments. You can't be too rural though as many departments are volunteer. To get a paid FD job is going to put you back close to the cities. Pay will probably be a lot lower and that big OT from brush fires won't be there.
I gave it a thought when I was pretty new back in the late 80's. I wish I had pulled the trigger before I got "institutionalized".
Sandusky26
12/20/2021 10:18pm
kapaa10 wrote:
So cal is the best. Stupid if you leave. Reason its the most expensive place to live.
You should get out more.
kylemenz1
Fantasy
765th
12/20/2021 10:36pm
kylemenz1 wrote:
Good input fellas. Idaho seems great but as mentioned above I think I probably missed the boat on that one. Too many Californias moved up there...
Good input fellas.

captmoto wrote:
You must be a new fireman and have time to start over. Start out by looking for a job first. You probably have pretty valuable experience...
You must be a new fireman and have time to start over. Start out by looking for a job first. You probably have pretty valuable experience that would be appreciated by small departments. You can't be too rural though as many departments are volunteer. To get a paid FD job is going to put you back close to the cities. Pay will probably be a lot lower and that big OT from brush fires won't be there.
I gave it a thought when I was pretty new back in the late 80's. I wish I had pulled the trigger before I got "institutionalized".
I’ve got 16 years in. It’s now or never if we make a move. Just tossing ideas around.
183Matt
Fantasy
1637th
12/20/2021 10:39pm
Pay is gonna be a lot less for a FF job outside of California in most areas. If your a medic you’ll get in much easier. I’ve looked many times, but it didn’t pencil out so I’ve just stuck it out for 28 years.
Sandusky26
12/21/2021 1:17am
Where in socal has the nicest tent villages? I’m looking to settle down.
mica.lagross
Fantasy
2297th
12/21/2021 1:52am
showtimemx wrote:
Move to Idaho everyone else from California has moved here. Hell home prices are getting pretty close to some areas of California. My family bought 20acres...
I was looking at moving to Idaho (from Maine, not Cali), and have been a little turned off myself because of home prices and the California transplants. Maine is going through it to a lesser extent, with transplants coming from Boston/NY/CT.
wydopen
12/21/2021 4:20am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2021 4:21am
Move 150+miles north and home school your kids..if you turn off your tv most of the problems go away..that said they are destroying the country/culture on purpose, some
places are just ahead of schedule.
Motox627!
12/21/2021 4:23am
Texas is a complete shit hole with little to no places to ride.

You wont like it here.

Promise.
Rupert X
12/21/2021 4:31am
Never known anyone that lived in Delaware. Or visited there. Or raced there. Nobody, nothing. I mention this, because maybe that’s the place to go? Perhaps it’s a big secret, where you can live anonymously and happy ? Pretty sure it’s a coastal state, that’s all I got….

Post a reply to: Want to leave California. Where should I go?

The Latest