Want to help Weston?

Create New Tag

11/20/2018 3:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2018 4:48 PM

PR from Road 2 Recovery.

AutoTrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing rider Weston Peick underwent an extensive first surgery late last night at the hospital he was transported to after he went down and was hit by a following rider during the opening night of the 2018 Paris Supercross. Peick was heavily sedated to help relieve the extreme pain from his injuries and post-op surgeries. His first successful surgery was to fix the multiple nose, eye and other facial fractures including two breaks in his jaw and dual dislocation of the jaw bone from his skull. His injuries are extensive and very serious but the doctors have confirmed no brain or spinal damage has occurred, and he is expected to make a full recovery. Peick is now awake and under minor sedation to help offset the tremendous pain he is in.

The extended international hospital stay, two surgeries, and medically necessary assisted air transfer are accumulating towering medical bills that Peick’s international and US insurance policies will not cover 100% of. Road 2 Recovery’s board members have approved a grant to contribute to the funds needed to get Weston back home. The medical bills are projected to be far greater than his insurance and the R2R grant can cover. A R2R-Fund has been set up to get him back home.

Below is the link to Weston's R2R-Fund and attached is the complete press release with more details. Weston has always gone above and beyond for others in need, we hope that we’ll be able to do the same for him.

Link to Weston’s R2R-Fund page- https://road2recovery.com/cause-view/weston-peick/.

|

11/20/2018 3:23 PM

Definitely a cause I will give to

|

11/20/2018 3:32 PM

Donated. Thoughts and prayers don’t pay doctors to perform their work.

|

11/20/2018 3:42 PM

Done and done.

|

11/20/2018 3:43 PM

Thoughts, prayers and small donation. Fight the good fight, Weston.

|

11/20/2018 3:58 PM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

Prayers are for work the doctors can’t do.

|

11/20/2018 3:58 PM

Done

|

11/20/2018 4:23 PM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

731chopper wrote:

Prayers are for work the doctors can’t do.

Can we not have this discussion please

|

11/20/2018 4:34 PM

In. Glad we can be a part of his recovery.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

11/20/2018 4:35 PM

zehn wrote:

Can we not have this discussion please

Wasn’t meant to start an argument. Sorry for derailment to anyone that saw it otherwise. Weston getting healthy and not being financially ruined to do so is what’s important here.

|

11/20/2018 4:52 PM

I will donated. I’m sure the team is helping but do they not cover something like this initially? Or is Weston on his own in a race like that. Would love to know how all that works and if it differs from their nascar team. Pretty sure it will be well into the millions when all said and done. Best of luck.

|

11/20/2018 5:03 PM

Joe Gibbs is a class act. I have a feeling he will step up and help out here!!

|

11/20/2018 6:16 PM

It wasn’t much, but I know every bit helps.

|

11/20/2018 6:24 PM

Done.

|

11/20/2018 6:27 PM

Donated what I could. Hope the guy’s alright, it’s been awesome seeing him come up through the years to get to where he is now. What a shitty hand to be dealt.

|

11/20/2018 6:43 PM

Done.

|

11/20/2018 7:07 PM

Done. Last time we donated to help Weston it was back when he was an up and coming privateer and getting great results. Unfortunate circumstances in this case, but glad to do it!

|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
https://luxonmx.com
Motocross Components Engineered for Performance

11/20/2018 7:29 PM

I'm pretty strapped right now myself , but when I get the chance , I'll help with what I have.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/20/2018 7:58 PM

Sent a donation in.

|

11/20/2018 8:39 PM

Would be great if Nascar would get involved. Lot's of $$ still in the sport.

|

11/20/2018 9:50 PM

Surprised JGR isn’t paying.

|

11/20/2018 10:41 PM

uk125250 wrote:

JGR will do everything possible, I personally think we'll all see a tremendous amount of generosity from a lot of good peeps.

|

11/20/2018 11:55 PM

uk125250 wrote:

And why do you think they aren't paying? I'm sure they will pay for most of the expenses, but $104.000,00 just for him coming back home is huge for every team...

|

11/21/2018 1:23 AM

uk125250 wrote:

fpandjic wrote:

And why do you think they aren't paying? I'm sure they will pay for most of the expenses, but $104.000,00 just for him coming back home is huge for every team...

done and glad to be able to help but I'm surprised a dude sponsored by a mulit-national motor company needs to ask for help to get his medical bills paid when he was injured promoting their product. one would think between suzuki, auto trader and yosh this could of been taken care of pretty easily. Not complaining about donating just think its kind of ridiculous that weston and his family are worried about paying his medical bills when hes a legit factory rider.

|

I'm the dude, man.

11/21/2018 1:41 AM

JD167 wrote:

done and glad to be able to help but I'm surprised a dude sponsored by a mulit-national motor company needs to ask for help to get his medical bills paid when he was injured promoting their product. one would think between suzuki, auto trader and yosh this could of been taken care of pretty easily. Not complaining about donating just think its kind of ridiculous that weston and his family are worried about paying his medical bills when hes a legit factory rider.

My thoughts exactly.

|

11/21/2018 2:25 AM

JD167 wrote:

Agreed. Its disgusting and money is the last thing he or his family should be worrying about right now.

|

11/21/2018 2:42 AM

I saw the fall with my own eyes, and it was horrible. I was really scared.

Tomorrow I will donate money.

It is already being discussed about the effectiveness of medical insurance, it is garbage. But if this accident had happened in the USA. The result would be the same ...?

|

11/21/2018 4:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 6:01 AM

Done. I have conflicting emotions as a parent and don't want to fathom the idea of something like this happening to my son. I hope westin and his family find some peace during these difficult times. It's crazy that a elite athlete in the premier series has to be concerned with finances due to an injury that happened at their event. This sport can be awfully brutal at times and find myself questioning when is the risk/reward enough. I get more nervous every time my son takes to the track but understand that life is about whatever you chose to invest your time and energy into. Here's hoping that westin makes a full recovery.

|

11/21/2018 5:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 5:50 AM

uk125250 wrote:

fpandjic wrote:

JD167 wrote:

He’s not asking for it. Road 2 Recovery is to help him.

|

11/21/2018 5:59 AM

fpandjic wrote:

JD167 wrote:

wilh72 wrote:

He’s not asking for it. Road 2 Recovery is to help him.

What I'm saying is road 2 recovery shouldn't have had to step up in the first place. Do you think a nike athlete would find themselves in this kind of predicament?

|

I'm the dude, man.