Walker signs with Factory Beta

Tuna
1/2/2021 12:38pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/02/469447/s1200_IMG_20210103_070815.jpg[/img]

😂Sour grapes.
The bikes with no bottom end spanking everyone.
Young Buck Trystan Hart still dominating Cody with his weak bottom end.
Husky and KTM factory bikes. Not weak on the bottom end.
1/2/2021 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2021 1:24pm
Tuna wrote:
😂Sour grapes. The bikes with no bottom end spanking everyone. Young Buck Trystan Hart still dominating Cody with his weak bottom end. Husky and KTM factory...
😂Sour grapes.
Both of these guys won championships and numerous races on factory KTMs. I did not interpret this as a dig to those bikes. I interpreted it as two extremely talented guys appreciating bottom end and a carb again. I, for one, still like and prefer the feel of a carbureted bike, so I get what they are celebrating.

Why do people have to read into things?
Tuna
1/2/2021 1:32pm
Tuna wrote:
😂Sour grapes. The bikes with no bottom end spanking everyone. Young Buck Trystan Hart still dominating Cody with his weak bottom end. Husky and KTM factory...
😂Sour grapes.
Both of these guys won championships and numerous races on factory KTMs. I did not interpret this as a dig to those bikes. I interpreted it...
Both of these guys won championships and numerous races on factory KTMs. I did not interpret this as a dig to those bikes. I interpreted it as two extremely talented guys appreciating bottom end and a carb again. I, for one, still like and prefer the feel of a carbureted bike, so I get what they are celebrating.

Just playing along like they are. And you’re nuts if you don’t think they are coming off cheeky and having a laugh.
Trust me, the Factory Husky 300 race bike does not lack bottom end. I get what you’re saying though, I personally don’t miss the feel of a carb bike.
LungButter
1/2/2021 3:07pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Seem to have plenty of power for Steve Holcombe and Brad Freeman
Won’t be enough if KTM let’s Josep Garcia come back. 🤣

The Shop

RACERX69
1/2/2021 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2021 3:27pm
Jonny's a BMF on a dirtbike. My favorite off road guy for sure. Hope he gets back to his winning ways.

Couple of must watch videos..

Erzberg from 14'. First 4 minutes is Jonny's Kaydeem tapped wide!!

Extreme XL Lagares 2018. This one still blows my mind. Crazy!!

Mark Hite
1/3/2021 3:30am
I remember reading an article with Brad Freeman where he talked about having an assortment of cranks to test for his 300 before the season started. So there is more going on inside the factory bikes than we know, all you have to do is listen to Holcombe's 350 to know that baby is not stock. Beta has the ability to provide it's riders with competitive equipment equal to or better than it's competition, as does TM for that matter. As far as I know we are not talking about some brand sold at Pep Boys, Beta can play in the sandbox
1/3/2021 5:12am
Mark Hite wrote:
I remember reading an article with Brad Freeman where he talked about having an assortment of cranks to test for his 300 before the season started...
I remember reading an article with Brad Freeman where he talked about having an assortment of cranks to test for his 300 before the season started. So there is more going on inside the factory bikes than we know, all you have to do is listen to Holcombe's 350 to know that baby is not stock. Beta has the ability to provide it's riders with competitive equipment equal to or better than it's competition, as does TM for that matter. As far as I know we are not talking about some brand sold at Pep Boys, Beta can play in the sandbox
Holcombe's 350 is probably not a 350 the sound of it reminds more of a 450, sounds super deep
Johnny Depp
1/3/2021 8:52am
Mark Hite wrote:
I remember reading an article with Brad Freeman where he talked about having an assortment of cranks to test for his 300 before the season started...
Holcombe's 350 is probably not a 350 the sound of it reminds more of a 450, sounds super deep
Yep, he runs super low revs, always a gear high. I don't think Beta tunes his 350 like a higher rev KTM 350 KR bike? I can't imagine Beta would take a chance of cheating with a big bore, nor feel like one would benefit them.
toomanykaws
1/3/2021 9:39am
GForce’s factory 300 doesn’t seem to lack any bottom end. Barely see him in the midrange. Aside from a massive hill climb.
smv ryder
Fantasy
1306th
1/3/2021 10:10am
Holcombe’s 350 exhaust is pretty wild, he has a FMF silencer with a Pro Circuit RC-4 looking head pipe or does FMF make another header other the mega bomb?
https://enduro21.com/en/bikes/latest/pro-bike-steve-holcombe-s-beta-rac…
Tuna
1/3/2021 10:23am
GForce’s factory 300 doesn’t seem to lack any bottom end. Barely see him in the midrange. Aside from a massive hill climb.
It’s a beast, almost too much.
XC706
Fantasy
799th
1/3/2021 11:24am
Tuna wrote:
😂Sour grapes.
Both of these guys won championships and numerous races on factory KTMs. I did not interpret this as a dig to those bikes. I interpreted it...

I do not believe Jonny was taking a dig at KTM but Webb certainly is. He did not leave KTM because of the bike. He had issues with the team manager in that Webb wanted to compete in several Euro events and KTM did not want to send him over there, they felt they had things covered in Europe with their factory riders.
Then when Sherco came calling with an offer that was multiple times more than his current KTM contract - from a business point he had no choice but to take it.
When Tristan walked away from Webb at The Battle of Goats on all those slimy uphills I am pretty sure Tristan was not down on bottom power.
I have ridden outta Tristan's place and seen some of his Hard Enduro training trails - its an eye opener and there is no lack of bottom power on his 300.
Webb seems a bit frustrated. He recently mentioned the challenge of developing the Sherco to be competitive - I believe he was referring to the 4 stroke for Enduro cross, as you would think Mario and Wade would have the 2T dialed for Hard Enduro.
LungButter
1/4/2021 3:36pm
XC706 wrote:
I do not believe Jonny was taking a dig at KTM but Webb certainly is. He did not leave KTM because of the bike. He had...
I do not believe Jonny was taking a dig at KTM but Webb certainly is. He did not leave KTM because of the bike. He had issues with the team manager in that Webb wanted to compete in several Euro events and KTM did not want to send him over there, they felt they had things covered in Europe with their factory riders.
Then when Sherco came calling with an offer that was multiple times more than his current KTM contract - from a business point he had no choice but to take it.
When Tristan walked away from Webb at The Battle of Goats on all those slimy uphills I am pretty sure Tristan was not down on bottom power.
I have ridden outta Tristan's place and seen some of his Hard Enduro training trails - its an eye opener and there is no lack of bottom power on his 300.
Webb seems a bit frustrated. He recently mentioned the challenge of developing the Sherco to be competitive - I believe he was referring to the 4 stroke for Enduro cross, as you would think Mario and Wade would have the 2T dialed for Hard Enduro.
I tend to agree. I don't have a dog in the fight or any insider knowledge at all but Webb has just kinda come across bitter and full of excuses the past couple years.
Johnny Depp
1/4/2021 4:03pm
XC706 wrote:
I do not believe Jonny was taking a dig at KTM but Webb certainly is. He did not leave KTM because of the bike. He had...
LungButter wrote:
I tend to agree. I don't have a dog in the fight or any insider knowledge at all but Webb has just kinda come across bitter...
I tend to agree. I don't have a dog in the fight or any insider knowledge at all but Webb has just kinda come across bitter and full of excuses the past couple years.
Yep after Colton Faker stole his Championship he was a little pissed.
Bearuno
1/11/2021 6:17pm
Mark Hite wrote:
Yep, he runs super low revs, always a gear high. I don't think Beta tunes his 350 like a higher rev KTM 350 KR bike? I...
Yep, he runs super low revs, always a gear high. I don't think Beta tunes his 350 like a higher rev KTM 350 KR bike? I can't imagine Beta would take a chance of cheating with a big bore, nor feel like one would benefit them.
"Cheating with a big bore" ?????

Enduro 2 capacity rules - and that's the class Holcombe was in, capacity wise = 255cc to 450cc Fourstroke.

They can do any combination of bore and stroke that keeps them below / right on, 450cc.
Tuna
1/19/2021 7:41am
Not too much of a surprise but he's saying that KTM pulled their budget and left him without a ride. [embed][/embed]
Not too much of a surprise but he's saying that KTM pulled their budget and left him without a ride.

Wonder why they dropped him instead of another factory rider? 🤷‍♂️💸💸💸💸💸💸
raa360
1/19/2021 2:10pm
Not too much of a surprise but he's saying that KTM pulled their budget and left him without a ride. [embed][/embed]
Not too much of a surprise but he's saying that KTM pulled their budget and left him without a ride.

Tuna wrote:
Wonder why they dropped him instead of another factory rider? 🤷‍♂️💸💸💸💸💸💸
Probably because his contract was up and the other riders in the team still had time left on theirs.

Post a reply to: Walker signs with Factory Beta

The Latest