WW motocross park, Jacksonville FL

Indy mxer
Edited Date/Time 2/25/2014 7:27pm
I had the chance to ride there on December 28th. Man, what a nice facility. Junior and his crew are super friendly and really run a tight ship. Track was awesome. As a 56 year old vet rider I thought it was fun but safe. Track is super wide and flows nicely.

As with all new tracks it continues to evolve. And they seem determined to make it even better. If you haven't been there, try it out!
And if you have, continue to support the place. You're lucky to have such a nice place to ride.

That said, it was a little pricy. It cost me $45 to ride that day. But I'm not complaining since the place is so nice.
But, if you want to pay the $100 yearly membership, then the fee is only $20 per day.
If I lived close enough to go there often, I would gladly pay the membership. I think overall it's a pretty sweet deal.

Bottom line is the place kicks ass!
|
37since74
1/2/2014 12:52pm
Indy mxer thanks a lot for coming and thanks for the nice comments. Junior and the rest of us all appreciate it!

I'm the guy that would have signed you in.

We are trying hard to provide the absolute best riding experience anywhere. As long time riders ourselves (I'm your age) we have been around long enough to learn what makes for a good experience and a good day at the track and what to avoid.

The higher than usual one day cost is an unfortunate result of the high cost of being legally protected and insured in this day and age and as you said with an annual membership it is only $25 per day.

Also like you said because of the quality of the track itself it's not unreasonable.

Anyway thanks again for coming and please come back. When you do return I can promise that you'll find it even better than this time.

Our plan is to become the premier motocross facility in the Southeast. We have only been open to the public for 6 weeks but I think we are well on our way to that goal and we won't stop until we achieve it.
1/2/2014 12:55pm
Hey, Indy! You forgot the pictures! We had a great time there and up at the Hill - even though the Hill wasn't groomed that day and was rough as cheese-grater toilet paper. We still had a good time! I need to get up some pictures.
mtl
1/2/2014 1:28pm
With all the other good tracks in the JAX area that only charge $25/$30, $45 is steep as hell for one day of riding.

The Shop

1/2/2014 1:38pm
It's really not. If you join for the year it costs $100, and then you pay $25 when you want to ride. When you see the amount of work and dedication that goes into WW, it becomes very much worth it. Junior and the crew are so freaking awesome they just make me want them to succeed. When they finish all the infrastructure they have planned, WW is going to be a world-class facility. It's just that awesome. They have enough parking for a national - they just need the restrooms and RV plug ins and some other stuff (that ain't cheap) and they'll be set. I'd have to say that close to 2 million has already been spent on the place, and when done, it will be amazing.

At my age and skill level, the track is pretty tough on me, but I told Junior (and meant it) that as long as he is in business I'll be buying a yearly membership and coming out now and again just to give him support. In fact, I wish he'd just have a payment system where I could just send him money every month.
mtl
1/2/2014 1:44pm
For someone like myself who is only in Florida twice a year for a week or less, I spend $30 a day to ride. 5 days of riding costs me $150.

That same $150 will get me 2 days (with membership) or 3 days (without membership) at WW Ranch. Why should I go there?

Saying the facility and tracks are great is a cop out as Bostwick and Pax are also great facilities..
1/2/2014 1:55pm
Well, I think you answered your own question. I'm not out to convince you to ride there. Go where you wish and may peace and a safe ride go with you.
Jakes Dad
1/2/2014 3:47pm
A half dozen theme parks in Florida and a half dozen or so mx tracks give or take.

Well WW is the Disney World of mx tracks in Florida, analogy probably sucks but some might get the idea.
Indy mxer
1/2/2014 4:16pm
mtl wrote:
For someone like myself who is only in Florida twice a year for a week or less, I spend $30 a day to ride. 5 days...
For someone like myself who is only in Florida twice a year for a week or less, I spend $30 a day to ride. 5 days of riding costs me $150.

That same $150 will get me 2 days (with membership) or 3 days (without membership) at WW Ranch. Why should I go there?

Saying the facility and tracks are great is a cop out as Bostwick and Pax are also great facilities..
Not a cop out, it's a fact! The place is top notch.
But I get what your saying about the fee. If you're trying to get the most for your money and trying to ride as much as you can when your there, it's a consideration.
And I was in no way saying anything negative about either of the tracks you mentioned, since I haven't been to them.

Although you really need to check it out before you make a judgement.

But for me being there a limited amount of time, the extra 15 to 20 bucks wasn't an issue. Quality over quantity was my #1 priority.

Junior (the owner) even said if you spend the $45 and then later decide to buy a membership, they would credit you the $20 towards the yearly fee. Not many places would do that.

They would probably take you in to look at it close up before you paid. They're really not all about the money, and are pretty proud of what they've built.. I don't think they want anyone to go away dissatisfied.

Anyway, my post was aimed more at the local guys.

I just wish I could've stayed a few more days and rode there a couple more times. I would join there in a second if I lived anywhere close.
RNagy052
1/2/2014 7:32pm
For those of you that have not been there, you need to go if you can get the chance. They have put a lot of work and thought into the the way they have it setup. It's an excellent track and a really long one that is wide and has all kinds of different obstacles for all skill levels.

Jr and his crew do a great job out there and I really hope they succeed with all their future plans for this place.

As far as the costs, I opted for the yearly membership, and now pay $25 when I go there to practice for the day. You get what you pay for, and this place is a great value for what they provide.
1/2/2014 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2014 7:50pm
mtl wrote:
For someone like myself who is only in Florida twice a year for a week or less, I spend $30 a day to ride. 5 days...

what i believe nobody understands is that when you buy a daily membership, Junior gives a credit towards the year membership. so then its only $80 for the membership. that is what alot of people never were able to comprehend.

bostwick and pax are good tracks but you have to understand that this facility is over the top. it is without a doubt the best facility in the southeast and maybe even the country. the track is unreal built by the same guys that built Trey Canards track, Reedys facility Barcias villopotos etc. the track has unbelieveable flow that makes me wanna ride it nonstop, it surpasses any other track i have ever riden. Dreamtraxx is expected to be back out in February to finish the track. and as for a mini track im not sure when thats gonna be built but when it is it will be a very fun safe track for young rippas to shred on. whatever the case is it is definitley a track that you do not wanna miss out on rippin
MotoX85
1/2/2014 8:49pm
We were just down in the area for a week and almost ran over there and checked it out, glad I did not. At $45 per day we will never be to your track. We usually hit the south 3 or 4 times a year and have never paid more than $25 a day and I am sure the owners of all those facilities put just as much into their track also. And I can name 5 or 6 facilities within an hour from you that charge $20 and $25 dollars and are great places.

Best of luck but $45 a day will keep us away. When it is $25, let us know.
Indy mxer
1/3/2014 4:06am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2014 4:08am
MotoX85 wrote:
We were just down in the area for a week and almost ran over there and checked it out, glad I did not. At $45 per...
We were just down in the area for a week and almost ran over there and checked it out, glad I did not. At $45 per day we will never be to your track. We usually hit the south 3 or 4 times a year and have never paid more than $25 a day and I am sure the owners of all those facilities put just as much into their track also. And I can name 5 or 6 facilities within an hour from you that charge $20 and $25 dollars and are great places.

So you've never seen it, let alone rode it? But you know it's not worth the money?
In case you haven't noticed, every rider posting here that has ridden WW said it was worth the money.

I will admit $45 is on the high end. But after riding there It was well worth the money to me.

But if it's too much for you, I get it. Just don't come on here and imply it's a ripoff when you've never set foot on the property,
Vet57
1/3/2014 4:10am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2014 4:11am
From what I've seen of the place I'd gladly pay the $45. Looks like an incredible facility. Still a bargain compared to sitting around all day waiting and paying even more to do two 3/4 lap motos.....my .02
1/3/2014 6:51am
I'd like to again extend the invitation I gave here some months back. I live about 5 or 6 miles away from WW. You're welcome to stage your bike at my house, wash your bike at my house, work on it - whatever. Indy mxer took advantage of this offer and parked his trailer in my back yard while he stayed in downtown Jax. We had a great time and my wife and I both got to make new friends. We even threw together an impromptu cook out!

There are four almost new hotels about a mile from my house, and the hotels are even closer to WW than my house. You all come on down and enjoy some southern hospitality. We'll take good care of you.
Jakes Dad
1/3/2014 6:57am
MotoX85 wrote:
We were just down in the area for a week and almost ran over there and checked it out, glad I did not. At $45 per...

Please name these "great places" after 8 years hauling my kid around the Southeast "Monster" might be the only other place I'd consider "great".
Indy mxer
1/3/2014 7:29am
MotoX85 wrote:

Jakes Dad wrote:
Please name these "great places" after 8 years hauling my kid around the Southeast "Monster" might be the only other place I'd consider "great".
You're right J D. I went to Monster 2 days after WW. No doubt Monster is all it's cracked up to be.
Although, as a 56 year old vet rider it was a little too busy for my taste. Lots of airtime. But that's just me, and I do want to go back there again.

And WW will never be like Monster since like most of Florida, it's flat.
But what they've done with that property is amazing.
As others have said, it's wide, safe, fun and flows really well. And it's groomed as well as any track I've been too. Actually better than 90% of them.
Plus Junior and the crew are super friendly and they listen to rider opinions.
Indy mxer
1/3/2014 7:38am
I'd like to again extend the invitation I gave here some months back. I live about 5 or 6 miles away from WW. You're welcome to...
I'd like to again extend the invitation I gave here some months back. I live about 5 or 6 miles away from WW. You're welcome to stage your bike at my house, wash your bike at my house, work on it - whatever. Indy mxer took advantage of this offer and parked his trailer in my back yard while he stayed in downtown Jax. We had a great time and my wife and I both got to make new friends. We even threw together an impromptu cook out!

There are four almost new hotels about a mile from my house, and the hotels are even closer to WW than my house. You all come on down and enjoy some southern hospitality. We'll take good care of you.
Harry's right. You can literally stay 10 minutes from WW. The Fairfield Inn there is really nice. Very convenient location.
Plus Harry is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. He's always willing to help a moto brotha out.
Pretty fast rider for an old man too. lol

Anyway, I'll stop trying to sell people on the place. If your in the area just check it out.
1/3/2014 7:42am
"Pretty fast rider for an old man too."

That was you! I was just trying to keep up!
MotoX85
2/17/2014 10:26pm
Harry - Me and my son plan on visiting WW on Thursday, Feb 20th. However we will not be able to partake in the after riding festivities as I have to leave to head back north that night.

Heard from a local Illinois rider that visited a couple weeks ago that the facility is sick so we are kind of anxious to get there.
2/18/2014 4:43am
I don't they're open on Thursday, and their Facebook just said they are closed for the coming weekend.
37since74
2/18/2014 9:14am
MotoX85 wrote:
Harry - Me and my son plan on visiting WW on Thursday, Feb 20th. However we will not be able to partake in the after riding...
Harry - Me and my son plan on visiting WW on Thursday, Feb 20th. However we will not be able to partake in the after riding festivities as I have to leave to head back north that night.

Heard from a local Illinois rider that visited a couple weeks ago that the facility is sick so we are kind of anxious to get there.
The track is open Thursday 10:00 - 5:00. The message Harry saw was from last week. Closed Friday and all this weekend so Junior and family can go to the Atlanta supercross. www.wwmotox.com
2/18/2014 10:41am
37since74 wrote:
The track is open Thursday 10:00 - 5:00. The message Harry saw was from last week. Closed Friday and all this weekend so Junior and family...
The track is open Thursday 10:00 - 5:00. The message Harry saw was from last week. Closed Friday and all this weekend so Junior and family can go to the Atlanta supercross. www.wwmotox.com
Thanks for the clarification!
MotoX85
2/18/2014 12:27pm
Had to change to Wednesday. Internet says they r open. Is this correct. Guess I better call
2/18/2014 1:08pm
The WW website is a great place to keep up with when they're open and such. I wish I had taken a look this morning before I blabbed about them not being open. I'd call, but if the website is saying they're open, they will be.

So you're going to be here tomorrow? The weather is supposed to be perfect.
MotoX85
2/25/2014 6:34pm
OK, so I went to WW.

When I pulled in my mouth dropped, first thing you see is this 50 ft mountain in the middle of flat Florida. First thought, I will be eating some crow.

SO we pull into the sign up building (still under construction but will be sweet) and go in and meet JR. Very nice guy. He explains the rules, we fill out paperwork and we pay the $45 dollars. $20 for one day membership and $25 to ride. I chose not to ride because I am not a fan of the price, but was seriously having second thoughts.

We get into the pits, awesome, nice and groomed, not a lot of trees but very nice. A wooden fence (had to cost $20 grand) surrounds the entire track. We unload and m boy goes out for his first practice.

Loves the track, more of a big bike track as some of the jumps are harder to get over but, no worries, he's on a 250 2 stroke so throttle was pinned and he was clearing everything first practice no problem, even the 120 ft monster table in the back.

Throughout the day track held up nice and I looked around and noticed in the back they had a pond (obvious borrow pit) and some pine trees around it. So nice I would actually camp here even if there was no track.

We rode all we could handle, riding and resting when we wanted (open practice is how we like it). Some fast guys were there, Kailub Russell was there cutting some laps, one of the local riders was filming himself while jumping the back 120ft table with an iPhone. That's right, he was jumping a step over, then a triple and then 1120 ft table ONE HANDED, never putting his hand on the handle bar.. Sickest shit I have ever seen.

I met Harry Backmon, seemed like a great guy but we could not take him up on the after riding activities so a brief 30 minute bench session was all we could muster. However, he did turn me onto an opportunity and I will be happy say Harry, I submitted my paperwork yesterday for that endeavor, so you never know, might have a chance to take you up on that offer.

Now the bad - $45 is still too much. I could not find anything to justify the extra $20. We hit almost every track in southern Alabama, Georgia and N, Florida that week and it is really just on par with the rest and they all charged $25, some even $20. However being in Jacksonville I can see the slight additional cost of taxes and such.

So my conclusion - If you live around the area, the $100 membership and the $25 per day to ride is spot on, no complaints there and if I get to move there we will definitely be there. But for the out of towners, $45 is just to much. you will get people showing up but I think the out of town crowd will dry up after everyone hits it once.

My suggestion - $5 day membership and $25 to rider for non-locals. I think you will have people lining up at the gate for that price. I would have no problem paying $30 to ride here even though everywhere else we go is only $25.

There is my no BS assessment. Call me stupid, call me whatever, but its my honest opinion. IF JR has invested a ton of money as previously stated, @ $30 a head he would get his return investment faster than charging $45 I think. And I say this because I travelled with 12 people last trip (not this one) none wanted to go at $45, after showing them some video of the place, it was pretty much accepted that they would pay $30. That is why we came this trip (by ourselves) instead of last trip.
2/25/2014 6:48pm
Hey it was nice to meet you too. Really glad to hear that opportunity we spoke of might just pan out. Come on down when you can and we'll get those ribs and such smoked for ya!
MotoX85
2/25/2014 6:53pm
Hey it was nice to meet you too. Really glad to hear that opportunity we spoke of might just pan out. Come on down when you...
Hey it was nice to meet you too. Really glad to hear that opportunity we spoke of might just pan out. Come on down when you can and we'll get those ribs and such smoked for ya!
Bet on it Harry. I'll keep you updated.

Post a reply to: WW motocross park, Jacksonville FL

The Latest