Mr. Info wrote:
Gotta recoup the GP losses.
This should be a good start.

DC
Racer X
Hammer
6/17/2019 12:40pm
OldTiddler wrote:
I do wonder how it will be for spectating, I am thinking of going but probably not if it'll be difficult to get much of a...
I do wonder how it will be for spectating, I am thinking of going but probably not if it'll be difficult to get much of a view.

Did anyone go to the GP there--how was it?
Whole new access tunnels have been dug under the track. You will be able to get to the middle of the track for spectating. Come and...
Whole new access tunnels have been dug under the track. You will be able to get to the middle of the track for spectating.

Come and support the Florida National. We've been begging for one for decades now. Here it is. I put my money where my mouth is and spent $1500 for 3 tickets.
OldTiddler, track for the MXGP was very good for racing action. No you will not have much of a view except for what is right in front or you will see the table top's... hopefully they will install large video screens through out the complex, for instant replay & better viewing of critical events(Starts & Finish, etc...)......

Last years MXGP was dealing with flooded parking lots and parking in cattle pastures. We arrived late last year, drove right in, parked next to the entrance road and got right out! It was very muddy but we planned for it and got around and enjoyed the track and racing.

HarryB.... sounds like you have good insiders knowledge, new access tunnels will greatly enhance the facility. Never have begged for a race in the south east and what do you get for $1500 bucks???? (Bono's Bar-B-Q, parking, and Official Fan Pack???)
BAD10
6/17/2019 12:57pm
SCIENCE wrote:
Not a ton of elevation in Fla, but there have been numerous great national mx tracks in Florida over the years. WW is not and never...
Not a ton of elevation in Fla, but there have been numerous great national mx tracks in Florida over the years. WW is not and never will be one of them. A flat piece of property with manmade obstacles, amenities and nice pits does not make for a national caliber mx facility. Shame following on the heels of an excellent (as always) Hi-Point and Colorado offering. The southeast fans deserve better. Races like this and Pala are just schedule fillers.
kpiper wrote:
Sunshine Speedway held many awesome Nationals in Florida. Flat with manmade jumps. This will be a great race. By the way, for all you people who...
Sunshine Speedway held many awesome Nationals in Florida. Flat with manmade jumps.

This will be a great race.

By the way, for all you people who criticize 'flat' Florida tracks go race some of them and see how you do. It will be an eye-opener most likely. You better like whoops.
I grew up racing Gatorback, Dade City, Croom, Diamondback, Bithlo, Punta Gorda, etc.......... So I can bitch about Florida tracks if I want! Cool
kpiper
6/17/2019 3:02pm
BAD10 wrote:
I grew up racing Gatorback, Dade City, Croom, Diamondback, Bithlo, Punta Gorda, etc.......... So I can bitch about Florida tracks if I want! Cool
Yes, you can! Smile

I will add in I raced most all of those for years plus Chicken Farm and Sunshine Speedway! If you missed out on the 'Farm' you missed out on a great one.

The Shop

BAD10
6/17/2019 3:24pm
BAD10 wrote:
kpiper wrote:
Yes, you can! :) I will add in I raced most all of those for years plus Chicken Farm and Sunshine Speedway! If you missed out...
Yes, you can! Smile

I will add in I raced most all of those for years plus Chicken Farm and Sunshine Speedway! If you missed out on the 'Farm' you missed out on a great one.
I've heard how great Chicken Farm was! Unfortunately, when I started racing in 83 it was already closed. I've been racking my brain trying to think of other tracks I raced there.............
Sierra Ranger
6/17/2019 3:51pm
Guys, it's Monday and I'm concerned this weekend's race might not be as exciting as I want! Can we talk about it? Waw-waw-wah...

6/17/2019 4:13pm
OldTiddler wrote:
I do wonder how it will be for spectating, I am thinking of going but probably not if it'll be difficult to get much of a...
I do wonder how it will be for spectating, I am thinking of going but probably not if it'll be difficult to get much of a view.

Did anyone go to the GP there--how was it?
Whole new access tunnels have been dug under the track. You will be able to get to the middle of the track for spectating. Come and...
Whole new access tunnels have been dug under the track. You will be able to get to the middle of the track for spectating.

Come and support the Florida National. We've been begging for one for decades now. Here it is. I put my money where my mouth is and spent $1500 for 3 tickets.
Hammer wrote:
OldTiddler, track for the MXGP was very good for racing action. No you will not have much of a view except for what is right in...
OldTiddler, track for the MXGP was very good for racing action. No you will not have much of a view except for what is right in front or you will see the table top's... hopefully they will install large video screens through out the complex, for instant replay & better viewing of critical events(Starts & Finish, etc...)......

Last years MXGP was dealing with flooded parking lots and parking in cattle pastures. We arrived late last year, drove right in, parked next to the entrance road and got right out! It was very muddy but we planned for it and got around and enjoyed the track and racing.

HarryB.... sounds like you have good insiders knowledge, new access tunnels will greatly enhance the facility. Never have begged for a race in the south east and what do you get for $1500 bucks???? (Bono's Bar-B-Q, parking, and Official Fan Pack???)
Yeah, Hammer, I just drove by there an hour ago on my way back to Georgia. It's 38 miles from my house in Georgia to WW. Two completely new entrances/exits for a total of three now. The viewing will be fine. There were already huge RVs there. I didn't see any team semis or anything of the like, but the RVs are already filling up.

Not sure what we get besides an air-conditioned room with roof-top seating, private restrooms, catering. I don't know who catered the GP, but I hope they use them again because that food was first class. Prime rib and all sorts of choices and it was all very good. We're not wealthy, so this is just a one-time deal for the VVIP stuff. Next year it'll be back to the regular VIP or even lower. But for the first national in the SE for decades, I had to get off the cash.
kawa38
6/17/2019 4:20pm

Hammer wrote:
OldTiddler, track for the MXGP was very good for racing action. No you will not have much of a view except for what is right in...

Yeah, Hammer, I just drove by there an hour ago on my way back to Georgia. It's 38 miles from my house in Georgia to WW...
Yeah, Hammer, I just drove by there an hour ago on my way back to Georgia. It's 38 miles from my house in Georgia to WW. Two completely new entrances/exits for a total of three now. The viewing will be fine. There were already huge RVs there. I didn't see any team semis or anything of the like, but the RVs are already filling up.

Not sure what we get besides an air-conditioned room with roof-top seating, private restrooms, catering. I don't know who catered the GP, but I hope they use them again because that food was first class. Prime rib and all sorts of choices and it was all very good. We're not wealthy, so this is just a one-time deal for the VVIP stuff. Next year it'll be back to the regular VIP or even lower. But for the first national in the SE for decades, I had to get off the cash.
Me too Harry we went all out.. I’ll be over in the WW club vip... super excited to have a national back in fla.
KMC440
6/17/2019 4:59pm
Wonder how deep they'll rip it.... that'll be the true measurement.
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
6/17/2019 5:29pm
When I saw WW I thought of this..

6/17/2019 5:34pm
RonSkj wrote:
When I saw WW I thought of this.. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/17/355353/s1200_warthogsig2.jpg[/img]

I don't know what that means... probably because I'm too old, but you sure look angry in your picture.
kpiper
6/17/2019 5:38pm
KMC440 wrote:
Wonder how deep they'll rip it.... that'll be the true measurement.
Do you rip sand?
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
6/17/2019 6:07pm
RonSkj wrote:
When I saw WW I thought of this.. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/17/355353/s1200_warthogsig2.jpg[/img]

I don't know what that means... probably because I'm too old, but you sure look angry in your picture.
Wonder Wart Hog used to have a semi and haul a ton of privateers to the races and I believe was a little eccentric. I could be wrong though, but I thought the same thing as RonSKj.
TeamGreen
6/17/2019 6:14pm
I'm digging the new track & I'm stoked that it appears to be pretty damn safe, too.
jumpinjack
6/17/2019 6:54pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
High Point was great. Love the skill needed to ride the natural terrain but looking ahead to WW ranch it's just completely flat minus a couple...
High Point was great. Love the skill needed to ride the natural terrain but looking ahead to WW ranch it's just completely flat minus a couple of big tables. Anyone else thinking this might be follow the leader all day Saturday?

https://youtu.be/LQGjRW7ljmM
I’m from South Georgia and I’m pretty pumped to have a race down this way. Considering how many Pros live and train within a couple hours of me it’s crazy this hasn’t turned into the new SoCal for races yet. I paid my money, I’m supporting what we get, It's gonna be a great race!
mikec265
6/17/2019 7:13pm
avidchimp wrote:
*Bangs fist... "We need a national in the Southeast.

Gets national in the Southeast, "It's too flat."

Typical Vital poster.
We need more than one race in Pennsylvania again. I miss Steel City. Screw Florida.
Preston412
6/17/2019 7:18pm
BAD10 wrote:
kpiper wrote:
Yes, you can! :) I will add in I raced most all of those for years plus Chicken Farm and Sunshine Speedway! If you missed out...
Yes, you can! Smile

BAD10 wrote:
I've heard how great Chicken Farm was! Unfortunately, when I started racing in 83 it was already closed. I've been racking my brain trying to think...
I've heard how great Chicken Farm was! Unfortunately, when I started racing in 83 it was already closed. I've been racking my brain trying to think of other tracks I raced there.............
Chicken farm was awesome.
Other tracks back then were
Hyrm Myers(sp) speedway in Tallahassee area, Desoto Mx, Diamond Back (Sharps offroad park), Orlando Sports Complex( only a couple years), Reddick(Mx of Marion county), Ocala Speedway(one or two races), Crooms, Dade city, Bithlo, Gatorback and Hardrock opened up as i got done with racing in Florida.
WW is a great track to ride and race in my opinion.
6/17/2019 7:20pm
avidchimp wrote:

Typical Vital poster.
mikec265 wrote:
We need more than one race in Pennsylvania again. I miss Steel City. Screw Florida.
Hi. Shouldn't you be out on the ledge of the tallest building in your area?
TeamGreen
6/17/2019 7:47pm
avidchimp wrote:

Typical Vital poster.
mikec265 wrote:
Bwahahaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaa
Bwaaaaa
Bwaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa
FIREfish148
6/17/2019 7:58pm
RonSkj wrote:

ditto Grinning
NvHermit
Fantasy
4326th
6/17/2019 8:05pm
RonSkj wrote:

ditto Grinning
WW and Scott Kandel was never boring
kpiper
6/17/2019 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2019 8:25pm
Preston412 wrote:
Chicken farm was awesome. Other tracks back then were Hyrm Myers(sp) speedway in Tallahassee area, Desoto Mx, Diamond Back (Sharps offroad park), Orlando Sports Complex( only...
Hyrm Myers(sp) speedway in Tallahassee area, Desoto Mx, Diamond Back (Sharps offroad park), Orlando Sports Complex( only a couple years), Reddick(Mx of Marion county), Ocala Speedway(one or two races), Crooms, Dade city, Bithlo, Gatorback and Hardrock opened up as i got done with racing in Florida.
Yes, Orlando Sports Stadium is what we called it in the '70's. Some great Florida Winter AM races there with all the factory riders. We used to do night racing there also.

Gatorback was the National track for many years.

Action Park was the track in Jacksonville way back when. First place I ever raced with the individual, fall back starting gates. That area of Florida has kind of swamp dirt (dirty sand). Chicken Farm was real FL sand.

I remember watching Mark Barnett tear it up on his 125 on pro day. Florida has a rich history of outdoor motocross with some big names. Kippy Pierce, Don 'Killer' Kuldaski, Monte McCoy, Kenny Keylon to name a few.
6/17/2019 8:30pm
Preston412 wrote:
Chicken farm was awesome. Other tracks back then were Hyrm Myers(sp) speedway in Tallahassee area, Desoto Mx, Diamond Back (Sharps offroad park), Orlando Sports Complex( only...
kpiper wrote:
Yes, Orlando Sports Stadium is what we called it in the '70's. Some great Florida Winter AM races there with all the factory riders. We used...
Yes, Orlando Sports Stadium is what we called it in the '70's. Some great Florida Winter AM races there with all the factory riders. We used to do night racing there also.

Gatorback was the National track for many years.

Action Park was the track in Jacksonville way back when. First place I ever raced with the individual, fall back starting gates. That area of Florida has kind of swamp dirt (dirty sand). Chicken Farm was real FL sand.

I remember watching Mark Barnett tear it up on his 125 on pro day. Florida has a rich history of outdoor motocross with some big names. Kippy Pierce, Don 'Killer' Kuldaski, Monte McCoy, Kenny Keylon to name a few.
Yep. You left out Alan Andreu. Every rider you mentioned Alan beat more than once.
mikec265
6/17/2019 8:55pm
avidchimp wrote:

Typical Vital poster.
mikec265 wrote:
Let's compromise Harry. We'll take two from California. You guys can have one more, and we'll have one more again. The tallest building in my area has water below it.
6/17/2019 9:07pm
Anybody that can compromise with my weird sense of humor has my respect. Deal, sir, and all the best to you and yours.
Nesc39
6/17/2019 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2019 6:09am
I agree with OP. Flat motocross tracks are lame. There is no comparison to grassy rolling hills with trees. Yes I understand Florida is flat. Yes the south needs a race. All those things can be true as well as the track being lame COMPARED to what he described.

I can’t imagine working the track as a flagger, tv guy, race director etc. There is ZERO shade, your literally burning alive in the sun for 12 hours.

You hear JT this week? “One thing I can tell you Is if it’s 97° and humid in Florida, it’s gonna be hot”. 😂 umm ya we understand how thermometers work.
Sierra Ranger
6/17/2019 10:42pm
Nesc39 wrote:
I agree with OP. Flat motocross tracks are lame. There is no comparison to grassy rolling hills with trees. Yes I understand Florida is flat. Yes...
I agree with OP. Flat motocross tracks are lame. There is no comparison to grassy rolling hills with trees. Yes I understand Florida is flat. Yes the south needs a race. All those things can be true as well as the track being lame COMPARED to what he described.

I can’t imagine working the track as a flagger, tv guy, race director etc. There is ZERO shade, your literally burning alive in the sun for 12 hours.

You hear JT this week? “One thing I can tell you Is if it’s 97° and humid in Florida, it’s gonna be hot”. 😂 umm ya we understand how thermometers work.
This might be the first time the sun has been strong and it will be hot at a national motocross race. I think they should hand out some Woohoo sunblock and have some free misting tents...
Indy mxer
6/18/2019 4:28am
Nesc39 wrote:
I agree with OP. Flat motocross tracks are lame. There is no comparison to grassy rolling hills with trees. Yes I understand Florida is flat. Yes...

Ever been to Redbud in July? Hell, a pro rider died there a few years ago from overheating. Oh and btw, not much shade there either. And many people think it's the best national track.

I think the race will be awesome and I'm glad it's at WW, great people. Just wish I lived closer.
Have fun Harry, enjoy the race!!
Bramlett321
6/18/2019 4:46am
lostboy819 wrote:
Yeah, you can tell so much from a go-pro video of some D class beginners on a dusty track. Maybe they should just cancel it so...
Yeah, you can tell so much from a go-pro video of some D class beginners on a dusty track. Maybe they should just cancel it so that you are not bored or better yet don't watch it if its not up to your standards Wink
Damn...me thinks D riders in this area look pretty when they want to twist the throttle lol.
Sully
6/18/2019 4:48am
Yep. You left out Alan Andreu. Every rider you mentioned Alan beat more than once.
Did any privateers take you up on your offer to put them up this week/weekend?

Post a reply to: WW looks boring.

The Latest