WV & supercross unknowns

nc_mx_kid
12/24/2014 10:55am Edited Date/Time 12/24/2014 8:46pm
I was cruising down the A1 Pre-Entry and Noticed the entry of Austin Coon#137 out of Spencer, WV riding for: K1 Speed/BWR Engines/SSi Decals/Freeport Honda Kawasaki/Rekluse Motorsports/Fly Racing/Arai/Performance Electronics/TuBliss/Works Connection/No-Toil/MotoSeat/Yoshimura/RK Excel/HotRodsMXRacing/Mountaineer Labor Solutions

WV has turned a few quality riders such as now Denist Steve Childress http://racerxonline.com/2014/09/19/where-are-they-now-stevie-childress
and another interview: http://racerxonline.com/2006/10/20/where-are-they-now-stevie-childress

What other riders have came from WV and other lesser "known" areas that you can think of????

|
Grizz
12/24/2014 10:58am
Not many that's for sure. WV would be a prime state for some good motocross racing but lack of tracks has greatly hindered the state from producing any top riders.
RMT
12/24/2014 11:03am
Years ago there was a kid from WV named Davey Coombs that was pretty good although he would never admit it.
Rdubs19
12/24/2014 11:14am
Has anyone from Arkansas ever done much as a pro?? I know some of the faster guys from my neck if the woods went to Lorettas quite a bit, a few in the A class even but I never see any pros from here listed on the nationals. Kinda surprising with muddy creek being right down the road.
Trav138
12/24/2014 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 12/24/2014 12:48pm
RMT wrote:
Years ago there was a kid from WV named Davey Coombs that was pretty good although he would never admit it.
Timmy was to. Won Blackwater, it ain't Supercross but very cool.
Lately more fast guys in offroad than mx/sx from WV imo

Better watch it, some asshole Californians will bring up where WV ranks in college graduation lmfao

The Shop

12/24/2014 6:03pm
Rdubs19 wrote:
Has anyone from Arkansas ever done much as a pro?? I know some of the faster guys from my neck if the woods went to Lorettas...
Has anyone from Arkansas ever done much as a pro?? I know some of the faster guys from my neck if the woods went to Lorettas quite a bit, a few in the A class even but I never see any pros from here listed on the nationals. Kinda surprising with muddy creek being right down the road.
Tony Wynn comes to mind, and I think they even named a Arkansas track after him RIP Tony
12/24/2014 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 12/24/2014 8:34pm
Rdubs19 wrote:
Has anyone from Arkansas ever done much as a pro?? I know some of the faster guys from my neck if the woods went to Lorettas...
One of my favorite privateers, Ozzy Barbaree, is from Arkansas. Last I saw, he was under the Gus tent, he spent some time on a Munn KTM as well. One of the nicest guys I have met in the sport.

Ryan Smith is out of southern Virginia, and will be doing some SX races this season as well.
MarkF
12/24/2014 8:46pm
One of my favorite privateers, Ozzy Barbaree, is from Arkansas. Last I saw, he was under the Gus tent, he spent some time on a Munn...
One of my favorite privateers, Ozzy Barbaree, is from Arkansas. Last I saw, he was under the Gus tent, he spent some time on a Munn KTM as well. One of the nicest guys I have met in the sport.

Ryan Smith is out of southern Virginia, and will be doing some SX races this season as well.
We pitted next to Ozzy at the Millville national a few years back. He is a very nice kid (guy) and a great rider.

Post a reply to: WV & supercross unknowns

The Latest