WTF is up with RDL

Brett_Clark
Why has the coverage of race day live gone to shit? We literally have an hour between practices and they keep running interviews during the practice sessions. Piss poor camera work. No one wants to watch the guy in 20th in b practice. I wanted to give it a few rounds before I bitched but here we are round 3 and it's garbage.
|
moto67e
Fantasy
2724th
1/22/2022 3:49pm
Why has the coverage of race day live gone to shit? We literally have an hour between practices and they keep running interviews during the practice...
Why has the coverage of race day live gone to shit? We literally have an hour between practices and they keep running interviews during the practice sessions. Piss poor camera work. No one wants to watch the guy in 20th in b practice. I wanted to give it a few rounds before I bitched but here we are round 3 and it's garbage.
I agree! It pisses me off so bad.
Johnny Ringo
1/22/2022 3:55pm
What, you don’t like watching guys roll passed the whoop section for 30 minutes?
1/22/2022 4:06pm
Dan is terrible in the booth and Kristen is the worst reporter I have seen in any motorsports
1/22/2022 4:13pm
It's 1000 times better than just looking at the times from practice on a spreadsheet. You f'n guys would bitch out about it no matter how much better it get's.

The Shop

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
1/22/2022 4:23pm
It's missing Jim Holley....that's what's wrong with it.
1/22/2022 4:24pm
It's 1000 times better than just looking at the times from practice on a spreadsheet. You f'n guys would bitch out about it no matter how...
It's 1000 times better than just looking at the times from practice on a spreadsheet. You f'n guys would bitch out about it no matter how much better it get's.
That’s true but bro we pay for this and it’s 2022 not 2001. Plus they’re really trying. That’s the worst part
philG
1/22/2022 4:36pm
Its awful.

Honestly, i would rather watch the wide angle cam they put on between live spots.
Brett_Clark
1/22/2022 4:39pm
It's 1000 times better than just looking at the times from practice on a spreadsheet. You f'n guys would bitch out about it no matter how...
It's not much better, it's seriously not hard to give a decent product for the ones watching the program. This has been going on for years and they can't get it right. give us fast laps to watch and leave the fluff out of the practice sessions and put it in during track maintenance. It's not a hard concept to figure out.
Johnny Ringo
1/22/2022 4:47pm
I’m just glad they are catering to people brand new to the sport and likely not even watching practice
Brett_Clark
1/22/2022 4:59pm
I’m just glad they are catering to people brand new to the sport and likely not even watching practice
Been waiting for this wave of new fans for 25 years. If the morons in charge would just accept it is what it is and just cater to the true fans the sport would grow. But making it a kindergarten lesson every weekend is making a big difference 😂
SFellure33
1/22/2022 4:59pm
Supercross coverage/commentating has been on a steady decline since Daniel "drama queen" Blair started commentating. I understand that none of this is his fault. But just the sound of his voice irritates me, so Ive deceded to complain about it here.

Will it make me feel better? Probably not...but lets give it a try
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
1/22/2022 5:01pm
Magoofan wrote:
Zeke agreed with you !! Cool
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2236th
1/22/2022 5:07pm
SFellure33 wrote:
Supercross coverage/commentating has been on a steady decline since Daniel "drama queen" Blair started commentating. I understand that none of this is his fault. But just...
Supercross coverage/commentating has been on a steady decline since Daniel "drama queen" Blair started commentating. I understand that none of this is his fault. But just the sound of his voice irritates me, so Ive deceded to complain about it here.

So let me get this straight... the sound of Daniel’s voice is the reason for the decline in Supercross commentating.... got it 🙄
Brett_Clark
1/22/2022 5:09pm
SFellure33 wrote:
Supercross coverage/commentating has been on a steady decline since Daniel "drama queen" Blair started commentating. I understand that none of this is his fault. But just...

So let me get this straight... the sound of Daniel’s voice is the reason for the decline in Supercross commentating.... got it 🙄
Lmao it's almost as shitty of a take as the RDL coverage
SFellure33
1/22/2022 5:20pm
SFellure33 wrote:

Yes, his fake/made up drama, the excessive use of the word "serieses", and the staple "Someone told me something, but I cant tell anybody else because I dont know if they want me to tell anyone". Then dont bring it up, Daniel. Theres an idea.

RDL sucks and the commentating sucks.
YZ-MTB
1/22/2022 6:58pm
I watched about 1.5 hours worth of RDL intermittently today at 3 different times, and the only bikes I saw on track was maybe 2 laps of 250C and a bunch of KTM juniors. Literally did not see 1 second of live coverage of any title contender in either class, not a single replay, and not 1 mention of the final qualifying results from either class.

They didn't even mention or show the results at the end of the show. I guess I can just google the reuslts.
brocster
1/23/2022 7:48am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2022 3:28pm
Pretty damn anoyying when we pay to see riders qualifying and we get to watch the announcers write contender or pretender on little dry erase boards while bikes are clearly on the track in the backdrop. My wife says why is she (Kristen) licking her finger to erase on a “dry” erase board?

We pay the extra to see what we would be seeing had We showed up at the event to get in early with a monster can. The qualifying, not a couple of dudes and a chick trying to do their best NFL pre game. ITS NOT THE NFL AND NEVER WILL BE. Yes, I said that out loud.

Dan, Daniel, (Kristen), and Joseph we pay to see qualifying, all of it, show it and keep the “fill” for the time when bikes are not qualifying.

Edit: Kristen for Wil. My bad they swap them ups so much it’s hard to keep up plus I tune her out as she whispers sweet nothing half the time

Thanks
kott0n
Fantasy
3769th
1/23/2022 7:52am
I didn't get a chance to watch live and the Peacock app didn't even have the heat races... It shows 250/450 LCQ and main events along with practice that like already mentioned, focused the entire time on the slow guys.
captmoto
1/23/2022 8:00am
You guys could all just go riding while RDL is on and tune in for the night show.
Just sayin...
kott0n
Fantasy
3769th
1/23/2022 8:03am
captmoto wrote:
You guys could all just go riding while RDL is on and tune in for the night show.
Just sayin...
Except tuning in for just the night show apparently means no heat races.

The main events were really good, I must say.
Buckland
1/23/2022 8:09am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2022 2:04pm
SFellure33 wrote:
Yes, his fake/made up drama, the excessive use of the word "serieses", and the staple "Someone told me something, but I cant tell anybody else because...
Yes, his fake/made up drama, the excessive use of the word "serieses", and the staple "Someone told me something, but I cant tell anybody else because I dont know if they want me to tell anyone". Then dont bring it up, Daniel. Theres an idea.

DB is a moto darling and people aren't ready to have these conversations yet lol. I like DB and love his insight on color, but he goes a little overboard on the drama and needs to really work on cleaning up his speech if he's going to achieve his dream of the NFL. "Without Question"
brocster
1/23/2022 8:11am
captmoto wrote:
Just sayin...
I would have, If I could have, but had other priorities. Afterwards, I had some time while waiting for my son to drive down so we could then drive down to SD watch the race live and I tuned in for a bit and what I saw was, well, mostly nothing regarding actual qualifying. just sayin…
budlong802
1/23/2022 8:42am
brocster wrote:
Pretty damn anoyying when we pay to see riders qualifying and we get to watch the announcers write contender or pretender on little dry erase boards...
Pretty damn anoyying when we pay to see riders qualifying and we get to watch the announcers write contender or pretender on little dry erase boards while bikes are clearly on the track in the backdrop. My wife says why is she (Kristen) licking her finger to erase on a “dry” erase board?

We pay the extra to see what we would be seeing had We showed up at the event to get in early with a monster can. The qualifying, not a couple of dudes and a chick trying to do their best NFL pre game. ITS NOT THE NFL AND NEVER WILL BE. Yes, I said that out loud.

Dan, Daniel, (Kristen), and Joseph we pay to see qualifying, all of it, show it and keep the “fill” for the time when bikes are not qualifying.

Edit: Kristen for Wil. My bad they swap them ups so much it’s hard to keep up plus I tune her out as she whispers sweet nothing half the time

Thanks
Wil ? You watch the show. Bitch about it and don't even know who's on it. It is pretty bad though.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
1/23/2022 12:50pm
RDL has been a joke since the loss of Holley. Supposedly, it was about the money back then because of COVID. Anyone wondering what they are paying all the "new hires"... It's gotta be more than what they were paying Holley.

Just another kick in the balls to the fans....Just like Ruttledge was. That's all this is.

oilman400
Fantasy
2022nd
1/23/2022 1:03pm
Magoofan wrote:
Bring back Holley, He was great!
SFellure33
1/23/2022 2:05pm
SFellure33 wrote:
Yes, his fake/made up drama, the excessive use of the word "serieses", and the staple "Someone told me something, but I cant tell anybody else because...

Buckland wrote:
DB is a moto darling and people aren't ready to have these conversations yet lol. I like DB and love his insight on color, but he...
DB is a moto darling and people aren't ready to have these conversations yet lol. I like DB and love his insight on color, but he goes a little overboard on the drama and needs to really work on cleaning up his speech if he's going to achieve his dream of the NFL. "Without Question"
I can definitely agree that he does an outstanding job in his short segments during the actual night show, but if you give the man more than 30 second of "live air" he just starts spewing. Daniel is knowledgeable and well liked in the industry, and I think he found his sweet spot as a color guy or a track side analysis guy.
dkg
1/23/2022 2:05pm
I learn a lot on RDL. For instance I leaned Tomac and Adam C. Are both racing for Kawi this year. Evil

Post a reply to: WTF is up with RDL

The Latest