WTF did Travis just do????

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
7/29/2011 6:49pm
I know TP is crazy (determined), but I'm seriously hoping for a speedy recovery.
jemcee
7/29/2011 7:01pm
jemcee wrote:
can anyone explain to me why they don't have those mats that the nitro circus use?
Hanaa80 wrote:
What kind of a show would that be? The one where no one gets hurt? Now we can't have that, can we ESPN?
Might as well just have a foam pit contest Unsure
not really you still have to ride it out on the mats, you just don't break something when you don't complete a trick
they'd prob go a bit harder if they thought they might not get as hurt why does it have to be so dangerous?
what would you rather see someone try something, fail, get back up wave at the crowd maybe have another go or be out to compete in something else, then have the next guy ready to go
or
someone try something, break his arse lay there unconscious for the next three minutes while the medics look after him. The viewers have to sit through commercials, and knowing ESPN they are same commercials they sat through 2 minutes ago when the last guy broke his arse
I know what I'd rather
72kiteboarder
7/30/2011 7:41am
jemcee wrote:
can anyone explain to me why they don't have those mats that the nitro circus use?
Sherwood wrote:
Because it's not practice it's a competition.
ocscottie wrote:
In the x discussion thread last night i mentioned why the hell does the landing need to be practically concrete?? disc it up like the start...
In the x discussion thread last night i mentioned why the hell does the landing need to be practically concrete?? disc it up like the start straight of a national! Maybe X just like the drama of broken bones, it helps the ratings.
I would think that discing the landing would make it very precarious and hard to judge compared to smooth and hard. But, I am sure that something can be done to make it safer.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
7/30/2011 11:37am
His twitter has him holding up a modified steering wheel. He is going to try rally I guess.

The Shop

SteveS
7/30/2011 11:46am
Hand controls he twittered. Adaptive Rally?
Pdub
7/30/2011 11:54am
Travis is the mickey-fickey man. His stock just went up again. Even if he can't compete in his upcoming car events, he can still show up in a cast and sign more autographs than any of his competitors.
7/30/2011 11:55am
I have no idea why they have the dirt landing. It has to cost more money to bring in all that dirt than to set up the padded landing thing. It would have been awesome to see Travis get up and go for it one more time. I have to wonder if he actually thought he could do it though, because his attempts this year didn't really look any different than his previous attempts.
ocscottie
7/30/2011 11:55am
They just showed him testing his rally car on X, and as said above, a modified hand control for the gas. So i wasnt far off when earlier i said i had a set of hand controls he could borrow Cool
希望
7/30/2011 12:18pm
jemcee wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
In the x discussion thread last night i mentioned why the hell does the landing need to be practically concrete?? disc it up like the start...
In the x discussion thread last night i mentioned why the hell does the landing need to be practically concrete?? disc it up like the start straight of a national! Maybe X just like the drama of broken bones, it helps the ratings.
OC,

Do you honestly think that could be a part of the show? As fucked up as that sounds.
oshow
7/30/2011 12:47pm
Funny thing about watching that video is how nonchalant the commentators are.
Funny thing about watching that video is how nonchalant the commentators are.
Worst I've ever heard.
Phillips467
7/30/2011 1:34pm
You've got to give it up to him, he's determined and will never give up.
teggers
7/30/2011 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2011 1:35pm
Put an MX throttle on the steering wheel? ...a Gunnar gasser????Maybe a thumb throttle? Har!
ocscottie
7/30/2011 1:40pm
Sherwood wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
希望 wrote:
OC,

Do you honestly think that could be a part of the show? As fucked up as that sounds.
It really wouldnt surprise me one bit, and ya, it is really fucked up.
Sherwood
7/30/2011 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2011 1:46pm
jemcee wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Discing the landing/adding decent dirts different than putting down those mats. I don't understand why they don't haul in nice dirt and disc the thing other then like you said they enjoy the drama of a crash.
ocscottie
7/30/2011 1:47pm
teggers wrote:
Put an MX throttle on the steering wheel? ...a Gunnar gasser????Maybe a thumb throttle? Har!
Hey Tim, have you ever seen how Evan Evans (The Legend Walker Evans son) drives his off road trucks with hand controls? He is in a chair but, pretty interesting set up, and he hauls ass!

Found a pic, see the bar coming up off the floor with the throttle grip on it Cool

"The throttle is the yellow "horizontal" twist-grip at the top of the vertical tube on right. Push forward to brake. Paddle shifters on the wheel."
ocscottie
7/30/2011 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2011 1:51pm
...and speaking of "Gunnar Gasser" when ever i hear that name i still picture the old sticker in my mind

*how did we ever live without Google and youtube? Cool

Post a reply to: WTF did Travis just do????

The Latest