WTF can’t I get FMF pipe

Burger745
Edited Date/Time 6/9/2021 9:29pm
Had a pipe for my 21 350 sxf order since January. Back ordered til November? What the hell is going on???
|
JG463
6/6/2021 9:04am
Mine for my 450RL is on back order also. Supposed to be two more weeks. Fingered crossed but I’m not sweating. Just the times we live in.
BobPA
6/6/2021 9:13am
Supply chains are busted because of Covid, and everyone gets paid to sit on the couch....it is affecting all industries.

The Shop

PNWRider
6/6/2021 10:43am
Brent wrote:
FMF is working to fill demand, because all you fuckers decided to go and buy new dirt bikes lately. So blame yourselves. ...regardless, I still found...
FMF is working to fill demand, because all you fuckers decided to go and buy new dirt bikes lately.

So blame yourselves.

...regardless, I still found several for sale - the 250, 350 and 450 all use the same can.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284053842857?epid=253710793&hash=item4222edaba…
It must be difficult needing double-doors everywhere you go to fit your ego through.
mxpro252
6/6/2021 10:49am
Brent wrote:
FMF is working to fill demand, because all you fuckers decided to go and buy new dirt bikes lately. So blame yourselves. ...regardless, I still found...
FMF is working to fill demand, because all you fuckers decided to go and buy new dirt bikes lately.

So blame yourselves.

...regardless, I still found several for sale - the 250, 350 and 450 all use the same can.

PNWRider wrote:
It must be difficult needing double-doors everywhere you go to fit your ego through.
That was kinda funny. But Brent is also kinda right. Demand spikes combined with supply issues don’t make things work well. It will be interesting how many more years people can just keep saying “covid” for all the worlds problems.
PNWRider
6/6/2021 10:55am
Brent wrote:

So blame yourselves.

PNWRider wrote:
mxpro252 wrote:
That was kinda funny. But Brent is also kinda right. Demand spikes combined with supply issues don’t make things work well. It will be interesting how...
That was kinda funny. But Brent is also kinda right. Demand spikes combined with supply issues don’t make things work well. It will be interesting how many more years people can just keep saying “covid” for all the worlds problems.
Agreed. More a comment directed at his continued posts portraying himself as superior to everyone else and “all-knowing.”

Back on track, I agree, with the addition that we are also seeing what happens when you allow a ton of folks to make similar or better money sitting at home as opposed to coming to work. Let’s face it, many jobs (including the moto industry) pay on the low end of the scale. Many moto jobs pay low wages with the perk of being in the industry, making connections and getting discounts that help fund one’s moto habit.

Whether this wage/government money issue is evidence against government handouts, for higher wages, or both is another discussion for somewhere other than vital...but it’s easy to see the net result in everything from restaurants to moto.
6/6/2021 11:06am
Burger745 wrote:
Had a pipe for my 21 350 sxf order since January. Back ordered til November? What the hell is going on???
Sounds tragic, hope you will be able to recover.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
6/6/2021 11:14am
All of this whining on D-Day. STFU and complain tomorrow peeps.
TeamGreen
6/6/2021 11:18am
mx510 wrote:
All of this whining on D-Day. STFU and complain tomorrow peeps.
Murica
SCC
6/6/2021 11:38am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2021 11:39am
Wait I thought FMF was 100% made in the USA?
Burger745
6/6/2021 11:40am
Agreed mx510 D-Day boys who fought and died for this country should always be remembered! Bravest sob’s ever!
Burger745
6/6/2021 11:42am
Burger745 wrote:
1911 wrote:
Sounds tragic, hope you will be able to recover.
Lmao I have box of tissues with me
Burger745
6/6/2021 11:47am
PNWRider wrote:
mxpro252 wrote:
That was kinda funny. But Brent is also kinda right. Demand spikes combined with supply issues don’t make things work well. It will be interesting how...
PNWRider wrote:
Agreed. More a comment directed at his continued posts portraying himself as superior to everyone else and “all-knowing.” Back on track, I agree, with the addition...
Agreed. More a comment directed at his continued posts portraying himself as superior to everyone else and “all-knowing.”

Back on track, I agree, with the addition that we are also seeing what happens when you allow a ton of folks to make similar or better money sitting at home as opposed to coming to work. Let’s face it, many jobs (including the moto industry) pay on the low end of the scale. Many moto jobs pay low wages with the perk of being in the industry, making connections and getting discounts that help fund one’s moto habit.

Whether this wage/government money issue is evidence against government handouts, for higher wages, or both is another discussion for somewhere other than vital...but it’s easy to see the net result in everything from restaurants to moto.
I called and spoke to FMF a couple months back and they said they source everything in America so it truly is not having enough help to build the pipes. End this handout bullshit and get people back to work. Wasn’t trying to bitch just wondering if other people are having the same issue
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/6/2021 11:51am
BobPA wrote:
Supply chains are busted because of Covid, and everyone gets paid to sit on the couch....it is affecting all industries.
That's it in a nutshell. I have equipment orders that were placed last November that had 2 month lead times and they are just starting to ship next week. The whole global supply chain is fucked because of Covid. Raw material costs are volatile. Just a complete mess. Customers are pissed, but at least somewhat understanding given the circumstances.

I keep telling our suppliers that at some point a legitimate obstacle(such as Covid was) becomes an excuse for poor performance. We're reaching that point of inflection, and for them to get their shit straight.
TeamGreen
6/6/2021 11:58am
mxpro252 wrote:
PNWRider wrote:
Agreed. More a comment directed at his continued posts portraying himself as superior to everyone else and “all-knowing.” Back on track, I agree, with the addition...

Burger745 wrote:
I called and spoke to FMF a couple months back and they said they source everything in America so it truly is not having enough help...
I called and spoke to FMF a couple months back and they said they source everything in America so it truly is not having enough help to build the pipes. End this handout bullshit and get people back to work. Wasn’t trying to bitch just wondering if other people are having the same issue
Well, here in The Southland, getting people to come to work & make things is the Number One Problem on this specific “supply chain”.

All these “Free Checks For All” ain’t helping.
SCC
6/6/2021 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2021 12:09pm
So FMF can’t find employees and that is causing it? Sign me up. Please. Funny they don’t have any help wanted ads on Motorcycle Industry jobs or anywhere else that I can find. I call bullshit on the government handouts causing it. It’s just to convenient to blame COVID for everything instead of admitting your faults as a company now.
TogaSet
Fantasy
3894th
6/6/2021 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2021 12:13pm
Just a few days ago I called FMF directly. No luck. In fact they said I'd get one quicker going thru Motosport, Rocky Mountain etc. Called Motosport they said two months maybe if the planets align .
On a suggestion from a riding buddy I called our local hardcore moto shop here in town. They snooped around with all their suppliers, found one and lo and behold said I'll have it next week. Naturally I'll believe it when I see it but pretty sure it's en route. Who woulda thunk. They have lots of suppliers and sources to check I guess to sniff one out... plus you're helping out the local folks. Bike in question 2021 KX250
TeamGreen
6/6/2021 12:12pm
SCC wrote:
So FMF can’t find employees and that is causing it? Sign me up. Please. Funny they don’t have any help wanted ads on Motorcycle Industry jobs...
So FMF can’t find employees and that is causing it? Sign me up. Please. Funny they don’t have any help wanted ads on Motorcycle Industry jobs or anywhere else that I can find. I call bullshit on the government handouts causing it. It’s just to convenient to blame COVID for everything instead of admitting your faults as a company now.
No worries. I’m sure you’re right. There’s no labor shortage in The Southland.
tek14
6/6/2021 12:32pm
FMF been no show in Europa for one year soon.
PNWRider
6/6/2021 12:41pm
SCC wrote:
So FMF can’t find employees and that is causing it? Sign me up. Please. Funny they don’t have any help wanted ads on Motorcycle Industry jobs...
Tell that to the restaurants I have been to recently who were all running on skeleton crews, despite advertising on everything from indeed to Facebook for hiring.

Certainly FMF could have other issues, but the employee shortages are real.
SCC
6/6/2021 12:53pm
SCC wrote:
PNWRider wrote:
Tell that to the restaurants I have been to recently who were all running on skeleton crews, despite advertising on everything from indeed to Facebook for...
Tell that to the restaurants I have been to recently who were all running on skeleton crews, despite advertising on everything from indeed to Facebook for hiring.

Restaurants should go away. All of them. Haven’t been to one in 15 years and never will again. They are all crap high carb, high sugar bullshit. And they don’t pay shit for wages on top of that. Great to see them closing left and right.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/6/2021 12:58pm
SCC wrote:
You are 100% wrong ! That’s exactly what is going on.

You want a job ?
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/6/2021 12:59pm
SCC wrote:
PNWRider wrote:
Tell that to the restaurants I have been to recently who were all running on skeleton crews, despite advertising on everything from indeed to Facebook for...

SCC wrote:
Restaurants should go away. All of them. Haven’t been to one in 15 years and never will again. They are all crap high carb, high sugar...
Restaurants should go away. All of them. Haven’t been to one in 15 years and never will again. They are all crap high carb, high sugar bullshit. And they don’t pay shit for wages on top of that. Great to see them closing left and right.
Ok, sorry I even replied to your last post.
You’re just wanting to be an ass....

Eat a snickers bar, you obvious need one !!
PNWRider
6/6/2021 1:01pm
PNWRider wrote:

SCC wrote:
Restaurants should go away. All of them. Haven’t been to one in 15 years and never will again. They are all crap high carb, high sugar...
langhammx wrote:
Ok, sorry I even replied to your last post.
You’re just wanting to be an ass....

Eat a snickers bar, you obvious need one !!
PNWRider
6/6/2021 1:03pm
SCC wrote:
PNWRider wrote:

SCC wrote:
I’m trying to see things from your point of view, but I’m having trouble getting my head that far up my ass.
FWYT
6/6/2021 1:09pm
Hell, I have a pipe; but I can't seem to find a steel frame YZ250 for less than a billion dollars to put it on! :D
SCC
6/6/2021 1:13pm
SCC wrote:
langhammx wrote:

You want a job ?
Yes 100%. Americans want to work. Living wage for demographic. What do you have?
Ryan625
6/6/2021 1:14pm
SCC wrote:
PNWRider wrote:

SCC wrote:
While I agree that not working for starvation wages is reasonable, I still hate to see restaurants go out of business. Not everyone sees the world the way you do, and frankly, based on your post that is a good thing.

One of the huge issues in the workforce lately is that these “free checks” have allowed people to look outside the jobs they kept out of fear of being late on a bill. Some returned to finish degrees, others found they can finally hold out and not just take the first job offer they get. I know this is an insane concept, but economics is complicated.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/6/2021 1:28pm
SCC wrote:
langhammx wrote:

You want a job ?
SCC wrote:
Yes 100%. Americans want to work. Living wage for demographic. What do you have?
FMF has been looking for employees, you can start there and see what you can make of it !

Post a reply to: WTF can’t I get FMF pipe

The Latest