WTF Is This?

braaap
Fantasy
2172nd
Edited Date/Time 12/19/2012 10:54pm
I'm not into the electric moto stuff. Who the hell designed this ugly mishmash of parts?

Electric YZ

|

The Shop

peelout
12/18/2012 8:47am
looks like Stewart's JGR bike
DrSweden
12/18/2012 9:32am
In the RC world, one can't be too picky. Last decade(s) seems desing of toys have stepped up tremendously. I remember as a kid, always getting/buying mx-toys, NONE looked like a real bike, they all reminded me of Frankenstein's monster, 90% had a rake like they where smashed in the wall or something, or they had a 400 lbs dwarf abusing them. Always had to reshape them with a lighter etc.

Then I remember going to the GPs a decade ago and toy companies started producing replicas of real dirt bikes, still twisted and all to morph into something amazing the last five years or so.

Compare this (Sans the exhaust it can be bend right)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-KX-450F-1-12-Motocycle-New-Green-/3903…;

to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-yz426F-Model-1-12-Scale-Roadrider-Collec…;

We come a long way, to bad one isn't a kid any more (I bough one of those KXFs though, Blush )
peelout
12/18/2012 9:36am
DrSweden wrote:
In the RC world, one can't be too picky. Last decade(s) seems desing of toys have stepped up tremendously. I remember as a kid, always getting/buying...
In the RC world, one can't be too picky. Last decade(s) seems desing of toys have stepped up tremendously. I remember as a kid, always getting/buying mx-toys, NONE looked like a real bike, they all reminded me of Frankenstein's monster, 90% had a rake like they where smashed in the wall or something, or they had a 400 lbs dwarf abusing them. Always had to reshape them with a lighter etc.

Then I remember going to the GPs a decade ago and toy companies started producing replicas of real dirt bikes, still twisted and all to morph into something amazing the last five years or so.

Compare this (Sans the exhaust it can be bend right)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-KX-450F-1-12-Motocycle-New-Green-/3903…;

to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-yz426F-Model-1-12-Scale-Roadrider-Collec…;

We come a long way, to bad one isn't a kid any more (I bough one of those KXFs though, Blush )
yeah but the YZ426 really was THAT ugly
scooter5002
12/18/2012 9:39am
Marc, are you saying as a child you played with FIRE?! Oh, the HORROR. I see now the basis for your entering the field of psychiatry. Silly
DrSweden
12/18/2012 12:07pm
peelout wrote:
Ha, that sucker would survive any design beating it seems!
DrSweden
12/18/2012 12:16pm
Marc, are you saying as a child you played with FIRE?! Oh, the HORROR. I see now the basis for your entering the field of psychiatry...
Marc, are you saying as a child you played with FIRE?! Oh, the HORROR. I see now the basis for your entering the field of psychiatry. Silly
Ha Andy, I can assure you I had series issues (still have), I was one of those kids blowing things up, I even blow unfinished models up because I couldn't wait to see the wreckage. I remember having this really nice B17 model that I didn't manage to finish in all ADHD manner, but I sure put tons of fire crackers in it, add some gasoline on it as well. Afterwards, what was left (the wings only) I managed to go all swiss cheese on them with my air gun. The only code I had was NEWER shot animals. Blush I guess I had my values despite being pretty messed up! You should have seen my cars, not a single one without a dent... Evil

Funny thing is I can't stand dents these days, have this piece of shit car, that got a small dent the other day, and it buggs the hell out of me! Sideways
scooter5002
12/19/2012 1:44pm
Are you my younger brother from a different mother? Lol. We certainly had similar paths growing up. "Only the wings left". Beauty.
12/19/2012 3:28pm
peelout wrote:
DrSweden wrote:
Ha, that sucker would survive any design beating it seems!
I thought my 426 was beautiful! Cornwall was a work of art.

Post a reply to: WTF Is This?

The Latest