WTF Herlings...

HusqFan3
7/23/2018 10:45am
You're a prime example of my original post, constantly proving that RC that is the GOAT. We all know he is & will be be for...
You're a prime example of my original post, constantly proving that RC that is the GOAT. We all know he is & will be be for a very long time if not forever, so if someone says that Herlings is the best ever, learn to chill out.
NateDawg wrote:
By "constantly proving" you mean occasionally correcting people when they say a rider who's never won a 450 title is the next GOAT? Lol, yea I'm...
By "constantly proving" you mean occasionally correcting people when they say a rider who's never won a 450 title is the next GOAT? Lol, yea I'm really going crazy there...
And you still keep biting........
It’s a discussion forum, what do you expect? As long as people continue to make crazy proclaimations people will continue to feel compelled to counter those claims. If you have an issue with people responding in a discussion forum then perhaps you should consider sticking to reading articles with the comments section locked?
NateDawg
7/23/2018 11:38am
And you still keep biting........
How dare I have a reasonable rebuttal to your dumb comments... The internet troll mentality has absolutely ruined discussion boards.

The Shop

RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
7/23/2018 12:08pm
Mr. G wrote:
Yea RC was just a couple of motos shy of three perfect seasons in a row.
It's crazy. From the last round of 2001 through the end of 2007, Carmichael started 131 motos. He won 115 of them. He finished second 14 times, third once and one DNF.

He had winning streaks of 30 and 28 moto wins.

I wasn't watching motocross at the time. That must have been boring times.
7/24/2018 3:15pm
I dont think Herlings wanted to go that wide - he tried to go lower at the start of the corner and that would be faster as with more time for the rear wheel on the ground gets more drive out. But that makes the move even more cool as an adjustment on the fly.
mark911
7/24/2018 4:31pm
All the guys mentioned have/had that ability to lay down some absolutely heater laps. But it's been awhile since I've watched two guys (AC and JH) and said to myself "that corner simply couldn't be done any faster". They are pushing each other to new limits. I'm quite sure AC is faster than he's even been and it's still not enough.

And while AC looks a bit uncomfortable at this new pace, the #84 can seem to drop seconds off his lap times almost at will and still look smooth and in complete control. While it's probably a toss up with Tomac on shear speed I've got to give the nod to JH when it comes to the riding on the edge and in control
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
7/24/2018 5:02pm
I love it when someone calls Herlings the GOAT & everyone starts getting their panties in a twist LaughingLaughingLaughing
NateDawg wrote:
I mean he hasn't even won a 450 title yet so even mentioning him in that conversation is pretty disrespectful to all the former greats, not...
I mean he hasn't even won a 450 title yet so even mentioning him in that conversation is pretty disrespectful to all the former greats, not just RC.
Nuffsaid wrote:
I forgot how many World Championships RC won.
Supercross World Champion in 2005 does that count?
tempura
7/24/2018 8:08pm
But...but... he’s a sandbagger!!... he couldn’t do that on a 450 in the big boys class... oh wait...
oh how quickly the Vitard opinions have changed...lol
Turbojez
7/25/2018 3:01am
The coolest thing I have seen this year.
7/25/2018 8:19am
tempura wrote:
But...but... he’s a sandbagger!!... he couldn’t do that on a 450 in the big boys class... oh wait...
He's sandbagging in MXGP now. Doesn't have balls to go to US full time for SX and MX.
NateDawg
7/25/2018 9:21am
NateDawg wrote:
I mean he hasn't even won a 450 title yet so even mentioning him in that conversation is pretty disrespectful to all the former greats, not...
I mean he hasn't even won a 450 title yet so even mentioning him in that conversation is pretty disrespectful to all the former greats, not just RC.
Nuffsaid wrote:
I forgot how many World Championships RC won.
crusty_xx wrote:
Supercross World Champion in 2005 does that count?
Which means he has more big bike World titles than Herlings does Cool
7/25/2018 9:30am
tempura wrote:
74 wrote:
He's sandbagging in MXGP now. Doesn't have balls to go to US full time for SX and MX.
Herlings doesn't even have the cajones to do X-Games freestyle like a true champion.
Nuffsaid
7/25/2018 10:36am
tempura wrote:
74 wrote:
Herlings doesn't even have the cajones to do X-Games freestyle like a true champion.
But he does this for fun.
https://youtu.be/k6DoX-XO8lM
NateDawg
7/25/2018 10:45am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 10:51am
tempura wrote:
To be fair, he was in MX2 for SEVEN years... that's ridiculous. People were calling Stewart a sandbagger for staying in the Lites class for 3 years!
7/25/2018 10:51am
tempura wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
To be fair, he was in MX2 for SEVEN years... that's ridiculous. People were calling Stewart a sandbagger for staying in the Lites class for 3...
To be fair, he was in MX2 for SEVEN years... that's ridiculous. People were calling Stewart a sandbagger for staying in the Lites class for 3 years!
This is the only place I've ever seen where metaphorically challenged idiots don't understand what "sandbagging" means.
NateDawg
7/25/2018 10:59am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 11:00am
This is the only place I've ever seen where metaphorically challenged idiots don't understand what "sandbagging" means.
Sandbagging: purposefully staying in a weaker level of competition when you are actually qualified and able to compete at a higher level. That's a very simple definition. Glad I helped expand your vocabulary.
ATKpilot99
7/25/2018 11:03am
NateDawg wrote:
Sandbagging: purposefully staying in a weaker level of competition when you are actually qualified and able to compete at a higher level. That's a very simple...
Sandbagging: purposefully staying in a weaker level of competition when you are actually qualified and able to compete at a higher level. That's a very simple definition. Glad I helped expand your vocabulary.
Thats cherry picking. Sandbagging would be if he could say point out of a class laying back and losing on purpose to stay in the class.
7/25/2018 11:03am
NateDawg wrote:
Sandbagging: purposefully staying in a weaker level of competition when you are actually qualified and able to compete at a higher level. That's a very simple...
Bullshit. It means intentionally underperforming (in this case going slow) so as to conceal one's true capabilities. The expression comes from carrying ballast in the form of sandbags that would artificially slow you down. How does that in any way relate to Herlings? Just shut the fuck up while you're behind, dumbass.
7/25/2018 11:04am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 11:04am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Thats cherry picking. Sandbagging would be if he could say point out of a class laying back and losing on purpose to stay in the class.
Good example. People do that in drag racing by intentionally qualifying slowly.
NateDawg
7/25/2018 11:07am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Well Herlings couldn't point out, so that's irrelevant. I'm not really interested in arguing the semantics of it, the point is he was in absolutely no hurry to race against the big boys in MX1.
NateDawg
7/25/2018 11:12am
Bullshit. It means intentionally underperforming (in this case going slow) so as to conceal one's true capabilities. The expression comes from carrying ballast in the form...
Bullshit. It means intentionally underperforming (in this case going slow) so as to conceal one's true capabilities. The expression comes from carrying ballast in the form of sandbags that would artificially slow you down. How does that in any way relate to Herlings? Just shut the fuck up while you're behind, dumbass.
Dude, chill the fuck out. I'm sorry you're not having a good day but you're losing your shit over someone saying "sandbagging" instead of "cherry- picking".... Grow up.
7/25/2018 12:34pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Well Herlings couldn't point out, so that's irrelevant. I'm not really interested in arguing the semantics of it, the point is he was in absolutely no...
Well Herlings couldn't point out, so that's irrelevant. I'm not really interested in arguing the semantics of it, the point is he was in absolutely no hurry to race against the big boys in MX1.
But he's riding against the big boys now.
7/25/2018 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 12:43pm
NateDawg wrote:
Dude, chill the fuck out. I'm sorry you're not having a good day but you're losing your shit over someone saying "sandbagging" instead of "cherry- picking"...
Dude, chill the fuck out. I'm sorry you're not having a good day but you're losing your shit over someone saying "sandbagging" instead of "cherry- picking".... Grow up.
You're the one trying to talk down to me with "Glad I helped expand your vocabulary." Dream the fuck on, Einstein.

I've always suspected that, generally speaking, motocross fans represent a low-quality demographic. (Let's just say it's not an F1 crowd.) I never seen a place misuse the term "sandbagging" the way they do here. It's just amazing that certain people will parrot what others say without understanding it or even thinking about it. Don't people read? (That last part was a purely rhetorical question.)
7/25/2018 1:34pm
I know this is a very serious subject for some people. But sandbagging sounds much better than cherry picking.
Nuffsaid
7/25/2018 3:31pm
74 wrote:
I know this is a very serious subject for some people. But sandbagging sounds much better than cherry picking.
How about Cherry Bagging? That’s when your employer tells you to stay where you are at and win manufacturers championships.
swtwtwtw
7/25/2018 5:09pm
MXGP is by far a tougher series to compete in. USA riders would have a difficult time, and generally do, for awhile. Logistics and language in the USA is so easy compared to MXGP Series.
cbuehler767
7/25/2018 5:29pm
Sandbagging in a pro class? Never go full retard son

Post a reply to: WTF Herlings...

The Latest