WP 4cs forks

Bruce372
9/3/2015 4:44pm
Kevin stillwell from MB1 Texas is looking for 4cs test bikes and riders
copsey
9/4/2015 2:01pm
Cadpro18 wrote:
2mm... correct. I used an E-Axle to bring it back. I already had a set of CC forks so the cost was a little less. Working...
2mm... correct. I used an E-Axle to bring it back. I already had a set of CC forks so the cost was a little less. Working on a solution to swap it in to the '16 and retain the lugs.
How do you like the KYB conversion?
Cadpro18 wrote:
They are typical of what can be done withe the KYB fork... good bottoming resistance, hold up well, and still plush in chop. I like them...
They are typical of what can be done withe the KYB fork... good bottoming resistance, hold up well, and still plush in chop. I like them. Before the switch I was planning to sell the bike. When I do sell it I'm keeping the KYB internals for a '16 KTM
I'm doing the exact same thing, swap the front end over to a 16 when I get it.

The Shop

Thelen20
9/6/2015 5:59pm
Drool!!! ^^^

That is about the same price as new 48mm cone valves and a traxx shock. I wonder which setup would perform better?

Not that I can afford it, I will be on my powerband racing cone valves and Stillwell performance shock for the foreseeable future.
9/6/2015 8:29pm
Saw this bad ass set of Pro Circut Showa SFF A-kit for KTM on eBay today. Not cheap, but sick!
http://ebay.to/1NWN34C

Their not in the best of shape and over priced, call pc now, they sell all of their team bikes A kit at the end of each year at very good prices, in fact cheaper than the asking price that this guys asking
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
9/6/2015 9:25pm
KTM does the same with there cv forks off of there off road team bikes
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
9/8/2015 8:48pm
Hey guys, I have some Cone Valves coming from eBay. What spring would you recommend for a 160lb rider on the FE250, B'ish speed, looking for a good time :-) The guy who I bought them from is 180lbs and said the spring rate was a .48.

Thanks guys!
keith101
9/8/2015 10:37pm
Hey guys, I have some Cone Valves coming from eBay. What spring would you recommend for a 160lb rider on the FE250, B'ish speed, looking for...
Hey guys, I have some Cone Valves coming from eBay. What spring would you recommend for a 160lb rider on the FE250, B'ish speed, looking for a good time :-) The guy who I bought them from is 180lbs and said the spring rate was a .48.

Thanks guys!
"looking for a good time" belongs on the back pages of CL. Smile
Tim507
9/9/2015 6:35am
Joe I will review my notes this evening and drop you note on my setup. Smoked to much wacky tabakee when I was younger and it affected my short term memoryUnsureWhistling
slipdog
9/9/2015 6:39am
Tim507 wrote:
Joe I will review my notes this evening and drop you note on my setup. Smoked to much wacky tabakee when I was younger and it...
Joe I will review my notes this evening and drop you note on my setup. Smoked to much wacky tabakee when I was younger and it affected my short term memoryUnsureWhistling
.45kg springs @ 350cc
Tim507
9/9/2015 6:51am
Tim507 wrote:
Joe I will review my notes this evening and drop you note on my setup. Smoked to much wacky tabakee when I was younger and it...
slipdog wrote:
.45kg springs @ 350cc
Thanks SlipSillyEvil
Thelen20
9/9/2015 8:17am
Hey guys, I have some Cone Valves coming from eBay. What spring would you recommend for a 160lb rider on the FE250, B'ish speed, looking for...

Thanks guys!
Nice!!! You willing to tell us how much you ended up giving for them? Going to send them to Billy for a freshen up, springs, and his mid valve mod???
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
9/9/2015 9:51am
Got them for $2300 with only 6 hours on them. I'll most likey do springs and see how they ride and go from there...
Thelen20
9/9/2015 11:15am
Got them for $2300 with only 6 hours on them. I'll most likey do springs and see how they ride and go from there...
Well done!
grunkster
9/11/2015 7:56am
The works stuff is so different it might as well be another brand. Second, the suspension that comes standard on any bike these days is plenty good enough for the average rider. Unless you are riding at a very high level you’ll be just fine with the stock setup. I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that Ryan Dungey could jump on a completely stock bike and still go faster than anybody outside the top ten in overall points from the Nationals. So, just as soon as you are able to break the top ten on your bike, you can start complaining that your air forks are holding you back.

THIS from Pingree today.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
9/11/2015 8:21am
I don't think anyone on here would disagree with you. My biggest problem with the 4CS is that I had the opportunity to ride something better... 2 years ago I thought my set up was great, but now knowing what else is out there and what that feels like makes it mentally frustrating to ride with what you have.
Crush
9/11/2015 8:26am
grunkster wrote:
The works stuff is so different it might as well be another brand. Second, the suspension that comes standard on any bike these days is plenty...
The works stuff is so different it might as well be another brand. Second, the suspension that comes standard on any bike these days is plenty good enough for the average rider. Unless you are riding at a very high level you’ll be just fine with the stock setup. I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that Ryan Dungey could jump on a completely stock bike and still go faster than anybody outside the top ten in overall points from the Nationals. So, just as soon as you are able to break the top ten on your bike, you can start complaining that your air forks are holding you back.

THIS from Pingree today.
The only thing about that is it assumes everyone is going balls out with little concern for how they feel going whatever speed they're capable of.

No doubt I could go as fast on whatever, my speed is not being limited by the bike or it's suspension. I do feel a lot more comfortable on my ohlins now tho, less arm pump and more smiling. Fillings aren't loose either.
Bruce372
9/11/2015 8:57am
i dont understand why someone that has made a great living from the motorcycle industry would have an issue with people spending money on motorcycle products that feed back into that industry.

but what about the context??? he did mention air forks....not the 4CS forks that so many people feel are inferior.

The only reason i havent bought a KTM until now is their reputation for having really fast bikes coupled with poor suspension....that seems like a recipe for disaster.

If the WP air forks are really good, that would be enough to get me into a KTM the next time i get a bike.
KTMShane699
9/11/2015 10:26am
grunkster wrote:
The works stuff is so different it might as well be another brand. Second, the suspension that comes standard on any bike these days is plenty...

THIS from Pingree today.
Utilizing that theory, most of us would be good on a bike from 80's-90's and go the same speed. So nobody should be spending money at the local dealership buying a new bike that they don't need or can't utilize to it's potential.

We also shouldn't spend money on exhausts from manufacturers such as FMF, Pro-Circuit, etc.

Let's be honest. A bone-stock bike is more than the vast majority needs. Sometimes the money spent isn't about performance. Sometimes it's about getting to build something. Or ride something different (better?). Or simply wanting to try something for the experience.

Nobody should be faulted for doing what they want. Most people have worked hard for their successes and to be where they are in life. If blowing money on a bike makes them happy, who really cares? People spend money on race cars, boats, homes, etc. I know people with boats who make I spend on a motorcycle look like pocket change. Whatever makes them feel good and brings them happiness.

It amazes me how critical people are of those who look for something new, or what they spend their money on.

Shane
grunkster
9/11/2015 10:32am
Shane I couldn't agree more...part of the "experience" for me is getting and setting up new bikes...nothing wrong with that!!
Titan1
9/11/2015 11:00am
I think its kind of silly to say that just because you aren't using a stock bike to its potential, that improving the bike won't make you ride faster/better (particularly when talking about suspension).
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
9/11/2015 11:56am
Since we are off topic but on this topic... :-) My cone valve forks should be here any minute! Hahhaha

Bruce372
9/11/2015 12:22pm
Since we are off topic but on this topic... :-) My cone valve forks should be here any minute! Hahhaha [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/09/11/104697/s1200_Screen_Shot_2015_09_11_at_11.55.24_AM.jpg[/img]
Since we are off topic but on this topic... :-) My cone valve forks should be here any minute! Hahhaha

Hey joe, I saw you name on a local Facebook page, are you near Chicago? ?
KTMShane699
9/11/2015 1:03pm
Congrats Joe. I think you're going to really like those forks. And the build quality is second to none. It's all those fine details that make the difference.

Shane
9/11/2015 1:19pm
Im not even going to bother addressing the 4cs fork, its garbage and has wasted enough of my time. Im going the cone valve route but my question is why did a lot of you guys switch from ohlins to CV? The CV stuff has been available for a long time and I know a lot of you guys in the past ran ohlins instead, why the switch?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
9/11/2015 2:02pm
Hey Bruce, no I'm in the west coast...

Stoked to try the forks, I'm gonna ride Zaca on Sunday. I have a hurt shoulder but gonna take it easy because I might have surgery next week.. Ugh!

About the Ohlins, I asked a friend of mine who races the 250 SX and outdoors privateer and also does some testing for KTM from time to time. He wrote this when I was asking about the Ohlins vs CVs, "2900 is pretty heavy, I'm sure you can get ohlins cheaper than a set of cone value, but I do know someone who had ohlins and switched to cone valve after trying to get them figured out.."
Bruce372
9/11/2015 2:46pm
Lol, there is a guy called Joe carlino on a couple of Midwest groups! !
KTMShane699
9/11/2015 3:12pm
Im not even going to bother addressing the 4cs fork, its garbage and has wasted enough of my time. Im going the cone valve route but...
Im not even going to bother addressing the 4cs fork, its garbage and has wasted enough of my time. Im going the cone valve route but my question is why did a lot of you guys switch from ohlins to CV? The CV stuff has been available for a long time and I know a lot of you guys in the past ran ohlins instead, why the switch?
Onlins prices went up significantly over the course of one year. To the point that cone valves were less expensive. And after doing some reading and talking to different people, I figured that WP probably knows the KTM better than just about anyone else. I was very pleased with my Ohlins stuff. But for the price I was able to get my cone valves for I figured it was worth exploring. I don't think you can go wrong either way to be honest.

Shane
Thelen20
9/11/2015 3:32pm
Since we are off topic but on this topic... :-) My cone valve forks should be here any minute! Hahhaha [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/09/11/104697/s1200_Screen_Shot_2015_09_11_at_11.55.24_AM.jpg[/img]

Nice!!! Billy said mine shipped from Cali his way on Wednesday morning, should have mine in a couple weeks or so I guess.

Can't wait to hear your ride report and hope that shoulder hold up for ya!

Post a reply to: WP 4cs forks

The Latest