WP 4cs forks

ob
1/31/2016 1:44pm
Thanks for the info Cadpro18, but they should update their site if they are a dealer. Or maybe I'm not seeing something.
KTM154
1/31/2016 6:54pm
Hey guys, I have not really ever posted before, but read all the time. I need help. I talked to Billy at powerband for a set of new cones valves for my 15.5 450 after reading many good reviews on here. He just told me he will not have anymore until april. And im about 10th on his waiting list. Are they worth the wait, or do i go with a different route? Like the KYB conversion or try to revalve the 4cs. ( there still bone stock ). I only have the money to go one route. So i cant revalve then go cvs if that doesn't work. And im getting the itch to head south soon!

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
1/31/2016 8:56pm
KTM154 wrote:
Hey guys, I have not really ever posted before, but read all the time. I need help. I talked to Billy at powerband for a set...
Hey guys, I have not really ever posted before, but read all the time. I need help. I talked to Billy at powerband for a set of new cones valves for my 15.5 450 after reading many good reviews on here. He just told me he will not have anymore until april. And im about 10th on his waiting list. Are they worth the wait, or do i go with a different route? Like the KYB conversion or try to revalve the 4cs. ( there still bone stock ). I only have the money to go one route. So i cant revalve then go cvs if that doesn't work. And im getting the itch to head south soon!
If I were in your situation and was going to do a lot of riding before April:
1- Call WP USA and see how long the wait is.
2-try and find a used set of Cone Valves
3-Do the KYB conversation
4-Wait until April for Cone valves, ride the bike as is.
5-Buy the AER48s and Revalve those
6- Revalve the 4CS
2/1/2016 7:45am
KTM154 wrote:
Hey guys, I have not really ever posted before, but read all the time. I need help. I talked to Billy at powerband for a set...
I see two options, wait for the Cone Valve or do the KYB sss cartridge conversion.... As Joe pointed out revalving the 4CS is the last option, and in my opinion it's NOT an option. Been on the AER's a couple times, just not fond of an air fork, they take constant attention, and they certainly don't out perform the KYBsss.... I would also say not knowing your skill level and riding terrain, CV's may not be necessary... Do the KYB carts, save $2K and call it done, you will be amazed! Good luck!
2/1/2016 8:59am
You also have the option for ohlins. You can get just cartriges or the whole fork. And they make a shock. My dad just bought the fork and shock for his 16 ktm and they were a good deal. We rode yesterday. The track was muddy but twords the end of the day it was rough and he said it was way better then stock.
2/1/2016 12:52pm
I just gleaned over this thread, and I must be the only one who likes the 4cs. It's not the best out there, but I've ridden way worse forks that didn't get near the hate the 4cs does. Oil level change and clicker settings, are the only adjustments I needed.
145lbs, +30A, '16 150sx, for reference if anyone cares.
ob
2/1/2016 1:21pm
KTM154 wrote:
I see two options, wait for the Cone Valve or do the KYB sss cartridge conversion.... As Joe pointed out revalving the 4CS is the last...
I see two options, wait for the Cone Valve or do the KYB sss cartridge conversion.... As Joe pointed out revalving the 4CS is the last option, and in my opinion it's NOT an option. Been on the AER's a couple times, just not fond of an air fork, they take constant attention, and they certainly don't out perform the KYBsss.... I would also say not knowing your skill level and riding terrain, CV's may not be necessary... Do the KYB carts, save $2K and call it done, you will be amazed! Good luck!
According to the guys here in souther California that have been on the WP air fork they never need air pressure adjustments. Maybe checking every now and again and the pressure never changes. And if a seal ever blows the fork does not collapse. There are quite a few sets around here and the reports are all the same, everybody likes them.
Redrcr34
2/8/2016 9:48pm
Moto3731 wrote:
I have a set of mint cone valves for sale for 2500 done by powerband and he modifies the mid ale with a Showa a kit...
I have a set of mint cone valves for sale for 2500 done by powerband and he modifies the mid ale with a Showa a kit type mid valve and let me tell you they are awesome!! I'm buying the new set that are black and red he said they will be available shortly so when they are I will sell mine. Contact me if your serious.

Hey Moto, I may be interested in your forks, Did you get my pm a few days back?
coastie44
2/16/2016 10:13am
In case anyone finds this thread, I just heard from Jonathan at TBT racing that he is now offering the 4CS KYB SSS conversion with all new KYB cartridges with blue or black caps, as a turn key kit including springs for a really good price. No more having to find cartridges on eBay.

I had mine done by him for my KTM 350SXF (with ebay-sourced cartridges) and I'm really happy with the result.
3/7/2016 6:01pm
After putting a little time on the stock 16 wp 4cs it left me searching for some comfort and stability, bottoming resistance ect ect. So I sent it off to racetech and they did the open chamber conversion on the forks to where I have rebound clickers on Top and compression adjusters on bottom with their gold valve system . I must say with this it is a amazing improvement on the bike you can charge hard into chop , over jump to flat and it just takes it and soaks up everything you trow at it . After doing it I will say it's a must for anyone feeling they need more out of the wp 4cs. They also did gold valves and a bunch of stuff to the shock . But I am just so amazed how well the forks perform now , my skill level is local pro class I been racing for 25 years and racetech has got it right on these forks. This conversion will not leave you searching for it more .

3/7/2016 7:34pm
@mattmoto what did the racetech setup cost? Great to hear RT has you dialed.
PTshox
3/8/2016 11:15am
RaceTech has been doing some good work. Have a buddy running this setup on a 2016 XCF350. Works well....
swtwtwtw
3/8/2016 11:21am
ESR, Racetech, and Zipty have that incredible fix for those forks. You won't be disappointed and it doesn't come close to breaking the bank. I was even told by ESR that 4cs with the fix is better than going with the Cone Valves. I have seen his stuff in action and I believe him.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
3/9/2016 11:18am
Matt, thanks for the update on your setup. Glad we were able to get you dialed in.

Rocketsocks, if you want to shoot me over an email with your make/model/year, skill level, type of riding, weight, I can have Sydney put together a quote for the same type of setup personalized for you with the VitalMX discount. My email is chris@racetech.com.

3/11/2016 8:38am
Matt, thanks for the update on your setup. Glad we were able to get you dialed in. Rocketsocks, if you want to shoot me over an...
Matt, thanks for the update on your setup. Glad we were able to get you dialed in.

Rocketsocks, if you want to shoot me over an email with your make/model/year, skill level, type of riding, weight, I can have Sydney put together a quote for the same type of setup personalized for you with the VitalMX discount. My email is chris@racetech.com.

Ya I'm pretty pumped on it so far . Going to put more motos in this weekend

Post a reply to: WP 4cs forks

The Latest