WOW!! Another classic race between Herlings and Cairoli

Shaned9326
Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 3:39pm
Damn, that’s what you call some intense racing as those guys battled all the way to checkers in both itos!!
|
tek14
6/3/2018 10:03am
Well Cairoli gave his best... and then Herlings just closed cap and went by like nothing with 2-4 seconds faster laps than Cairoli made. Herlings is just another level now.
St Ann More
6/3/2018 10:06am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 10:09am
tek14 wrote:
Well Cairoli gave his best... and then Herlings just closed cap and went by like nothing with 2-4 seconds faster laps than Cairoli made. Herlings is...
Well Cairoli gave his best... and then Herlings just closed cap and went by like nothing with 2-4 seconds faster laps than Cairoli made. Herlings is just another level now.
Herlings was impressive but at no stage was he even 2, let alone 4 seconds faster a lap than Cairoli.

... except when Cairoli was on the floor!
6/3/2018 10:37am
Herlings was impressive but at no stage was he even 2, let alone 4 seconds faster a lap than Cairoli. ... except when Cairoli was on...
Herlings was impressive but at no stage was he even 2, let alone 4 seconds faster a lap than Cairoli.

... except when Cairoli was on the floor!
he played with Cairoli

The Shop

slipdog
6/3/2018 10:42am
The Herlings fanboys are as bad as the Tomac fanboys are as bad as the RV fanboys are as bad as the Stewart fanboys, etc...
6/3/2018 10:48am
he played with Cairoli
And waited for Cairoli to make a mistake?.....sure
I think Herlings controlled the gap to Tony and knew that he will be able to push at the end of the race.
6/3/2018 10:50am
Bonanza69 wrote:
I think Herlings controlled the gap to Tony and knew that he will be able to push at the end of the race.
Tony maintained the gap until he blew through the berm heading in to the last lap, not a chance Herlings would have left it to the last lap to try and close the gap and make a pass, thats why Tony was pissed at the end of moto 2
6/3/2018 10:53am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 10:58am
Tony maintained the gap until he blew through the berm heading in to the last lap, not a chance Herlings would have left it to the...
Tony maintained the gap until he blew through the berm heading in to the last lap, not a chance Herlings would have left it to the last lap to try and close the gap and make a pass, thats why Tony was pissed at the end of moto 2
oh and you know because of ? Herlings hasnt done it before ? different opinions here ..

to me it looked like Herlings controlled the gap , and towards the end upped his pace and closed the gap and passed Tony
Prntscrn
6/3/2018 10:54am
Bonanza69 wrote:
Tony maintained the gap until he blew through the berm heading in to the last lap, not a chance Herlings would have left it to the...
Herlings laptimes dropped significantly the three last laps. I think he knew exactly what he was doing. He was the only one to do 2:19s and he did it the two last laps
6/3/2018 10:57am
slipdog wrote:
The Herlings fanboys are as bad as the Tomac fanboys are as bad as the RV fanboys are as bad as the Stewart fanboys, etc...
I'm no Herlings fanboy by any stretch but if you're a fan of MX then you have to acknowledge his talent.
hamncheeze
6/3/2018 11:10am
In the 2nd Moto JH closed up on Cairoli once he got clear of Desalle and then it seemed like he was just waiting to throw down his best laps. The gap would go out over 3 sec, then back under 2 sec but the end result seemed inevitable. He is impressively fast late in the motos.
keinz
6/3/2018 11:13am
Wink
The Dutchman waited until the final lap of the second moto to sweep past Cairoli in a magnificent move, and a pass that Cairoli could do nothing about.

“You know I did my best, second moto we kept it clean and it was a good moto, we both did our best. I didn’t want to ride in his roost all moto, so with a few laps to go I caught and passed him. My 100th podium and 74th GP win. I am looking forward to next weekend.”
6/3/2018 11:16am
oh and you know because of ? Herlings hasnt done it before ? different opinions here .. to me it looked like Herlings controlled the gap...
oh and you know because of ? Herlings hasnt done it before ? different opinions here ..

to me it looked like Herlings controlled the gap , and towards the end upped his pace and closed the gap and passed Tony
Because without the mistake he wouldn't have been on the back of Tony ready to make a pass leading in to the last lap, thats to much of a gap/gamble to imagine that he was 'waiting for the right time'.
kongols
6/3/2018 11:29am
oh and you know because of ? Herlings hasnt done it before ? different opinions here .. to me it looked like Herlings controlled the gap...

Because without the mistake he wouldn't have been on the back of Tony ready to make a pass leading in to the last lap, thats to...
Because without the mistake he wouldn't have been on the back of Tony ready to make a pass leading in to the last lap, thats to much of a gap/gamble to imagine that he was 'waiting for the right time'.
Laptimes tell completely different story, but whatever paddles your boat. You wrote this comment in three different threads, it means you really believe it.
6/3/2018 11:37am
kongols wrote:
Laptimes tell completely different story, but whatever paddles your boat. You wrote this comment in three different threads, it means you really believe it.
Lap times for moto 2? I haven't seen them yet...but yes, with no dog in the fight, I believe it
6/3/2018 11:38am
Hopefully Caroli believes the same thing, I'm not sure
Not so sure he does haha, probably starting to wish he hadn't signed those extra 2 years
kongols
6/3/2018 11:44am
kongols wrote:
Lap times for moto 2? I haven't seen them yet...but yes, with no dog in the fight, I believe it

6/3/2018 11:48am
Hopefully Caroli believes the same thing, I'm not sure
Not so sure he does haha, probably starting to wish he hadn't signed those extra 2 years
Yea totally agree mate, he was lucky to get 9
Wonder if everts has changed his opinion on Jeff haha
6/3/2018 11:50am
Cant argue with the times... I thought the commentator said Cairoli had dropped it down to low 2:20 and Herlings high 2:19 which wouldn't have closed the gap enough for the last lap. Looks like he did have enough in the tank to drop a couple of seconds.
Damn impressive compared to the rest of the field and especially on that track, its not sand, dropping time is difficult.
6/3/2018 12:29pm
slipdog wrote:
The worst are Dungey fanboys, they somehow justify Dungey being better than RV when he only ever beat him a handful of times, and never for a title.
Phantom 661
6/3/2018 3:39pm
slipdog wrote:
The worst are Dungey fanboys, they somehow justify Dungey being better than RV when he only ever beat him a handful of times, and never for...
The worst are Dungey fanboys, they somehow justify Dungey being better than RV when he only ever beat him a handful of times, and never for a title.
It wasn't us fanboys that put Dungey at 4th on the list. I just agree that 3 big boy championships and 39 wins beats out 2 championships and 12 wins. It's an overall thing. I took the bait... didn't I? Laughing

The racing between JH and AC was awesome!
cbuehler767
6/3/2018 4:00pm
The worst are Dungey fanboys, they somehow justify Dungey being better than RV when he only ever beat him a handful of times, and never for...
Pretty sure Dungey fans admit RV was better. He beat him for the 2010 SX title by the way

Post a reply to: WOW!! Another classic race between Herlings and Cairoli

The Latest