WORCS in Primm... A. Short

FeetUp
On my way to the WORCS race in Primm, NV today. I heard Andrew Short is going to be there, and I wanted to congratulate him on an incredible job at the rally. Anyone else going?
|
1/19/2019 10:44am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2019 6:02pm
I'm not going, but I just got off the phone with my buddy that's at adelanto big 6 GP and he said worcs stole the pro class lol. he said Trevor Stewart, Eric yorba , and Justin seeds are there
Natester551v
1/19/2019 3:06pm
I'm here...he literally got off the plane from Peru a few hours ago. Looked really fast in Pro practice...he's amazing....
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
1/19/2019 4:59pm
Shorty is a beast, I actually paid attention to Dakar this year just because a Moto guy is doing it. Rad guy to boot.
Natester551v
1/20/2019 3:44pm
I'm not going, but I just got off the phone with my buddy that's at adelanto big 6 GP and he said worcs stole the pro...
I'm not going, but I just got off the phone with my buddy that's at adelanto big 6 GP and he said worcs stole the pro class lol. he said Trevor Stewart, Eric yorba , and Justin seeds are there
as far as WORCS stealing riders from Big 6, they did a pretty crappy job of coordinating 2019 race schedules, so there's a lot of conflicting dates this year. Who's fault that is, who knows; I hear snarky comments from D37 people about WORCS, but I've never heard anyone in the WORCS series comment at all.

I like them both (and race some of each), but I guess they feel like they're competing for riders. I can tell you the turnout at Primm this weekend was good...

The Shop

1/20/2019 4:06pm
I think big 6 dropped the ball when they changed their pro races to Sunday. Usually some pros would race big 6 Saturday then drive straight to worcs for Sunday
Natester551v
1/20/2019 4:12pm
I think big 6 dropped the ball when they changed their pro races to Sunday. Usually some pros would race big 6 Saturday then drive straight...
I think big 6 dropped the ball when they changed their pro races to Sunday. Usually some pros would race big 6 Saturday then drive straight to worcs for Sunday
Makes sense....I know we (the offroad community) are pretty small, but it reminds me of the CART/Indy split. Maybe a bad analogy, but splitting the talent hurts everyone...
1/20/2019 4:15pm
I think big 6 dropped the ball when they changed their pro races to Sunday. Usually some pros would race big 6 Saturday then drive straight...
Makes sense....I know we (the offroad community) are pretty small, but it reminds me of the CART/Indy split. Maybe a bad analogy, but splitting the talent...
Makes sense....I know we (the offroad community) are pretty small, but it reminds me of the CART/Indy split. Maybe a bad analogy, but splitting the talent hurts everyone...
Yeah it's a shame they couldn't work together for better turn outs for both series
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/20/2019 4:58pm
Shorty is a bad man. I figured after two weeks of racing in South America, he'd be looking for a break. Nope.
Xeno
1/21/2019 7:14am
I was told the Big 6 in Adelanto had 2104 entries for the weekend.
Natester551v
1/21/2019 7:19am
Xeno wrote:
That's awesome! I loved that race back in the day (haven't raced it since the 90s). Good to see they had a good turnout...

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/21/2019 7:20am
Xeno wrote:
I'd say that's a good turnout
Natester551v
1/21/2019 7:21am
GuyB wrote:
Shorty is a bad man. I figured after two weeks of racing in South America, he'd be looking for a break. Nope.
I'm sure Shorty will be getting some good sleep this week...lol

What's funny is during the Vet race I could see him cruising his bicycle around the course, scoping it out for the Sunday Pro race...he's the Energizer bunny....
Stuntman949
1/21/2019 8:48am
Makes sense....I know we (the offroad community) are pretty small, but it reminds me of the CART/Indy split. Maybe a bad analogy, but splitting the talent...
Yeah it's a shame they couldn't work together for better turn outs for both series
Big 6 has always accommodated around Worcs in favor of the pros who are trying to make a living at it and Worcs could care less. Big 6 changed to Sunday so the pros could do the double header. In response Worcs went to a two day format...
Natester551v
1/21/2019 8:59am
Big 6 has always accommodated around Worcs in favor of the pros who are trying to make a living at it and Worcs could care less...
Big 6 has always accommodated around Worcs in favor of the pros who are trying to make a living at it and Worcs could care less. Big 6 changed to Sunday so the pros could do the double header. In response Worcs went to a two day format...
I didn't know that; WORCS has had their Pro race on Sunday as far back as I can remember...pretty sure they've had a two day format since the early days (I used to do both days at Speedworld and Havasu in the mid-2000s), so I'm a little confused by your statement that "in response Worcs went to a two day format". Care to elaborate?

Just to be clear - I'm a huge advocate of both series working together, but your statement seems inconsistent with what I've seen.
1/21/2019 9:13am
I'm glad it was a good turn out. I believe it was around 2000 entries in 2017 also. My class had 80+ riders and we had to have two lines take off at the same time.

Post a reply to: WORCS in Primm... A. Short

The Latest