WIRELESS HOUR METER

what do u guys think of the wireless hour meter. It works on the vibration of the bike. Can these hour meters be trusted?
|
BenG
3/24/2018 4:14am
I've heard they will record time just going down the road in the truck or trailer from the bouncing around or vibrations of the road.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
3/24/2018 5:17am
BenG wrote:
I've heard they will record time just going down the road in the truck or trailer from the bouncing around or vibrations of the road.
Look here buddy, wear and tear in truck rides can definitely put hours on suspension. Do you think wind damage is a joke too?

People these days...

Laughing
kb228
3/24/2018 5:22am
BenG wrote:
I experienced this with a pro taper one i had. I took it off and got a wired one. Wouldnt reccomend it.
Markbenq
3/24/2018 5:27am
I had a GET wireless hour meter, counted the hours when the bike was on a trailer so it is useless (and expensive compared to a simple wired one).

The Shop

Markee
Fantasy
1890th
3/24/2018 5:35am
Markbenq wrote:
I had a GET wireless hour meter, counted the hours when the bike was on a trailer so it is useless (and expensive compared to a...
I had a GET wireless hour meter, counted the hours when the bike was on a trailer so it is useless (and expensive compared to a simple wired one).
Yeah but you people still have wooden wheels on your trailers.
BenG
3/24/2018 5:36am
Markee wrote:
Look here buddy, wear and tear in truck rides can definitely put hours on suspension. Do you think wind damage is a joke too? People these...
Look here buddy, wear and tear in truck rides can definitely put hours on suspension. Do you think wind damage is a joke too?

People these days...

Laughing
Wind damage is no joke, Blew me off a tabletop once and broke my foot.Tongue
Markbenq
3/24/2018 5:41am
Markee wrote:
Yeah but you people still have wooden wheels on your trailers.
I would say the cheap Chinese steal flexes enough to absorb the vibrations of the wooden wheels,... but apparently not enough Sad
motomike894
3/24/2018 5:55am
I’ve had no issues with 3 different wireless ones, I’m sure the hours aren’t 100% accurate but it’s close enough, if it’s ever registered anything in my van it couldn’t have been very much not sure what kind trailers you guys have that are that rough.

But then again I don’t base everything off that hour meter, I just have it for reselling bike even though you can flub that if you wanted too.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
3/24/2018 6:57am
Is it really that much of a chore to hard wire a meter you know will give you accurate results?
Think about that for a second......
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
3/24/2018 7:08am
dadofagun wrote:
Is it really that much of a chore to hard wire a meter you know will give you accurate results?
Marketing home boy. Wireless vs Wired, which one wins at check out time you think? Hey, ProTaper probably didn't consider the potential Chinese trailer wooden wheeled customers though. Maybe there will be a #metoo movement with this issue, it seem serious.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
3/24/2018 7:12am
I’ve had the GET wireless one before and I don’t think they’re very accurate. Mine seemed inconsistent. I’ve gone back to hardwired.
zuk338
3/24/2018 11:41am
I had a wireless meter on my bike that logged about 15 hours in 2 riding sessions. Spent some hours in the bed of the truck though so that makes more sense! I chucked that one at the wall and bought a wired one. It messes up my maintenance intervals not knowing the correct hours so the $20 was worth it.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
3/24/2018 12:06pm
dadofagun wrote:
Markee wrote:
Marketing home boy. Wireless vs Wired, which one wins at check out time you think? Hey, ProTaper probably didn't consider the potential Chinese trailer wooden wheeled...
Marketing home boy. Wireless vs Wired, which one wins at check out time you think? Hey, ProTaper probably didn't consider the potential Chinese trailer wooden wheeled customers though. Maybe there will be a #metoo movement with this issue, it seem serious.
I get the marketing aspect, you’re right. I wire things for a living, so to me it doesn’t seem like a real hassle to hook one up, but that’s my take. Wasn’t trying to sound like a dick..... I would just feel better knowing I have a meter I can trust, especially since it’s on a toy I just dropped several grand on....

Post a reply to: WIRELESS HOUR METER

The Latest