WHY is Cooksey hated so much?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/9/2022 4:46 AM

For those of us who don’t know, what did he do that was so bad?

*If the only thing you can contribute to this thread is “Cooksey is a douch POS” then please don’t bother.. there’s plenty of that stuff to read elsewhere.

Just tell us why people hate him.

My two experiences of Cooksey are the latest video RE: BBMX & his Anderson video from a few years back when he asked why Aldon had blocked him.

That’s all I know.

|

A grown-up who will NEVER down-vote you, no matter what you say.

Go on- show the world you're a powerful S.O.B and hit that downvote button! You're such a badass! :-)

4/9/2022 5:13 AM

I like Cooksey, but he rubs people the wrong way with the way he can state his opinion as fact, or get details wrong on his pods. Not exactly polished and articulate. He also called out/shit talked everyone’s favorite guy Steve Matthes both on pods, and in person at a track.

|

4/9/2022 5:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2022 5:44 AM

Because its really cool to jump on the hate train.

All aboard, tickets please, toot, toot!

|

4/9/2022 5:48 AM

Go scroll through his YouTube videos and decide for yourself. He has an axe to grind.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

4/9/2022 5:51 AM

Didn’t he work for Vital for a minute and then get fired for allegations he made about some riders….

|

I’M NOT F*#$ING SWAP….OK!

4/9/2022 5:54 AM

Cooksey is about as stupid as they come. Why anyone gives that absolute asshat any time is beyond me.

|

4/9/2022 6:00 AM

He used to go in pulpmx and did a cool interview with Steve about his youth all the way to starting pulp, but shortly after that I never heard of him on anything again. He’s a nut job, and the bicycle training guy he has on his 3-4 mins youtube videos offers nothing. The guy is just unprofessional, and apparently has burned all bridges. I don’t know why you would listen to him, his videos are unwatchable.

|

4/9/2022 6:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2022 6:07 AM

I just remember the cringe topics he would post on Vital. I thought he was an idiot.

|

4/9/2022 6:06 AM

I'm not sure either, but he nailed the rm team thing

|

4/9/2022 6:11 AM

Go read some of the shit he used to write for Vital.

https://www.vitalmx.com/tags/cooksey_straight_to_the_point_vital_feature

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/9/2022 6:27 AM

Claims to be a “Mental health advocate” and then after Zacho did his trackside analysis Cooksy makes a post about him being the worst ever and having the IQ of a pre-schooler. Then he can’t even stand by his hateful post and pussies out and deletes it.

|

4/9/2022 6:34 AM

I don’t actively follow cooksey or seek out his content, but from what I’ve seen he’s normally right.

|

4/9/2022 6:38 AM

CPan wrote:

Claims to be a “Mental health advocate” and then after Zacho did his trackside analysis Cooksy makes a post about him being ...more

And then got fired….He was, is and always will be a Moran….I’ve noticed that most that like him have less than 200 posts so they don’t know the history…he’s a complete nut job!

|

I’M NOT F*#$ING SWAP….OK!

4/9/2022 6:56 AM

Today he is being hated because he scooped the broshow Mx media and exposed what a circle jerk of an industry runs this sport . Right now all the bros are in a meeting to figure out how to spin this one .

|

4/9/2022 7:07 AM

lestat wrote:

Today he is being hated because he scooped the broshow Mx media and exposed what a circle jerk of an industry runs this sport ...more

Sun has to shine on a dog's ass atleast once. Years of being worng over and over. Years of making stupid claims that went nowhere can't be made up by being right once in awhile. An on this occasion of being right most of us knew this was going to happen. Rmatv has been in alot of trouble this year. Not having motors for antsie lots of staff change over. Most people believed they. Ould hold it together for the year though.

|

4/9/2022 7:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2022 7:15 AM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. This story that he got right doesn't change that he is a fool. But i will give him one thing, he made established moto media look really bad with this.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/9/2022 7:11 AM

Absolute fucking try hard. Remember when he went into the pulp studios for thumper talk and just gargled the shit out of Steve? Then slowly worked his way to another site and vital writing garbage like “hard truths” which were same as now, his gossipy opinion as truths and fact. When Craig got suspended by the FIM he acted like he knew Craig was using PEDs and how, then came the beef with the guys at Fly WPS when he was a WPS rep, calling zacho a piece of shit, the list goes on.

Just a try hard doosh.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

4/9/2022 7:15 AM

He lacks the charisma needed to make the strong statements that he does. That’s my opinion at least.

|

4/9/2022 7:24 AM

lestat wrote:

Today he is being hated because he scooped the broshow Mx media and exposed what a circle jerk of an industry runs this sport ...more

moto162 wrote:

Sun has to shine on a dog's ass atleast once. Years of being worng over and over. Years of making stupid claims that went ...more

“An on this occasion of being right most of us knew this was going to happen.“


Kind of proves my point bro .

|

4/9/2022 7:26 AM

"Why do people not like him? But DON'T say the main reason people don't like him!"

Hot takes for the sake of having a hot take.

|

4/9/2022 7:45 AM

davis224 wrote:

"Why do people not like him? But DON'T say the main reason people don't like him!"

Hot takes for the sake of having a hot ...more

You obviously didn’t read any previous posts in this thread…

|

I’M NOT F*#$ING SWAP….OK!

4/9/2022 8:01 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Go read some of the shit he used to write for Vital.

https://www.vitalmx.com/tags/cooksey_straight_to_the_point_vital_feature ...more

Read some of it.... didn't seem terrible to me.. very opinionated... I would rather read that than the typical moto whitewashing.... but ya... some of his opinions, as well as straight up wording, were pretty out there...

Cooksey could take off if he mellowed a bit.... and stopped trying to act like a bad ass/wanna fight kinda guy... if he put more professionalism into his work he could become a real player in moto media... but for now he seems mostly cringey.... imo the same can be said for hopper...

The whole bbmx thing might be his 15 minutes of fame.... or a Kickstart to a long success career in moto journalism... we will see...

Moto media needs some fresh blood at the top.... I am sick and tired of racerx running the media show....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/9/2022 8:06 AM

Whatever it is the hate runs deep. Just look at the other thread. I would venture to guess that this forum has a majority of blue collar honest hard working guys who say what they are going to do and do what they say. With that knowledge you have another thread where a rich guy has not been paying his blue collar hard working guys and not living up to his word by not paying debts and the vast majority of the posts are calling the guy that reported it an asshole douchebag. It's really stunning.

|

2022 450 Motocross prediction as of 05/27:
If Dungey is within 1 moto's worth of points (25) after Red Bud, it's over he wins it all.

4/9/2022 8:07 AM

Because he constantly feels the need to prove himself and stroke up wild ass points of topic.

Have nothing really against the guy and I’d honestly love to talk shop with him, but his content has been pretty whoa the last 2 years.

|

4/9/2022 8:23 AM

his “ alpha dog” article was pure stupidity. He tries to be a sensationalist and makes a story where there isn’t one.

to be honest i was shocked he was right about RMATV KTM.

|

2021 KTM 350 SXF
2006 KX250

4/9/2022 8:32 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. This story that he got right doesn't change that he is a fool. But i will give him ...more

Only in Arizona and Hawaii

|

4/9/2022 8:49 AM

It is all very simple. As with mainstream media they are controlled by big corporations. If a big corporation wants to go after someone the media, does it for them. In moto we see this with anyone who challenges or scoops something negative against the establishment. The establishment in our sport is the AMA, FIM, Feld, MX Sports, Factory teams, and such. As you see in the sport the mainstream media such as established websites, podcasts, and magazines do not wish to upset anyone because they get paid from those same organizations. I am happy there are now other opinions and methods to get news out to the public because if not we would never hear the other side of the story at all!

|

4/9/2022 9:38 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. This story that he got right doesn't change that he is a fool. But i will give him ...more

I’m not defending Cooksey at all but I wonder how many other times the industry was able to circle the wagons in time to effectively “make” him be wrong. If the shit didn’t completely hit the fan with this one maybe Butler could have pulled that off here. His last words are Cooksey is attacking him and that the team is racing this weekend and even a new title sponsor is lined up!! At least some of that is apparently lies, not miscommunication or out of context, just lies.

|

4/9/2022 9:45 AM

lestat wrote:

Today he is being hated because he scooped the broshow Mx media and exposed what a circle jerk of an industry runs this sport ...more

Congrats!!!! He got the scoop on something every casual fan has known for years?

|

4/9/2022 10:29 AM

I’m old enough to remember Cooksey and Coach Robb being the first to confirm Deegan to Star as well….cheerful

|