WHY is Cooksey hated so much?

Edited Date/Time 4/18/2022 12:47pm
For those of us who don’t know, what did he do that was so bad?

*If the only thing you can contribute to this thread is “Cooksey is a douch POS” then please don’t bother.. there’s plenty of that stuff to read elsewhere.

Just tell us why people hate him.

My two experiences of Cooksey are the latest video RE: BBMX & his Anderson video from a few years back when he asked why Aldon had blocked him.

That’s all I know.
|
creature654
Fantasy
79th
4/9/2022 5:13am
I like Cooksey, but he rubs people the wrong way with the way he can state his opinion as fact, or get details wrong on his pods. Not exactly polished and articulate. He also called out/shit talked everyone’s favorite guy Steve Matthes both on pods, and in person at a track.
Bruce372
4/9/2022 5:43am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2022 5:44am
Because its really cool to jump on the hate train.

All aboard, tickets please, toot, toot!
Johnny Ringo
4/9/2022 5:48am
Go scroll through his YouTube videos and decide for yourself. He has an axe to grind.
DonM
4/9/2022 5:51am
Didn’t he work for Vital for a minute and then get fired for allegations he made about some riders….

The Shop

clarkgray432
Fantasy
3993rd
4/9/2022 5:54am
Cooksey is about as stupid as they come. Why anyone gives that absolute asshat any time is beyond me.
canciaro
4/9/2022 6:00am
He used to go in pulpmx and did a cool interview with Steve about his youth all the way to starting pulp, but shortly after that I never heard of him on anything again. He’s a nut job, and the bicycle training guy he has on his 3-4 mins youtube videos offers nothing. The guy is just unprofessional, and apparently has burned all bridges. I don’t know why you would listen to him, his videos are unwatchable.
b_kowalsk
4/9/2022 6:03am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2022 6:07am
I just remember the cringe topics he would post on Vital. I thought he was an idiot.
ajk423
4/9/2022 6:06am
I'm not sure either, but he nailed the rm team thing
CPan
4/9/2022 6:27am
Claims to be a “Mental health advocate” and then after Zacho did his trackside analysis Cooksy makes a post about him being the worst ever and having the IQ of a pre-schooler. Then he can’t even stand by his hateful post and pussies out and deletes it.
fins227
4/9/2022 6:34am
I don’t actively follow cooksey or seek out his content, but from what I’ve seen he’s normally right.
DonM
4/9/2022 6:38am
CPan wrote:
Claims to be a “Mental health advocate” and then after Zacho did his trackside analysis Cooksy makes a post about him being the worst ever and...
Claims to be a “Mental health advocate” and then after Zacho did his trackside analysis Cooksy makes a post about him being the worst ever and having the IQ of a pre-schooler. Then he can’t even stand by his hateful post and pussies out and deletes it.
And then got fired….He was, is and always will be a Moran….I’ve noticed that most that like him have less than 200 posts so they don’t know the history…he’s a complete nut job!
lestat
4/9/2022 6:56am
Today he is being hated because he scooped the broshow Mx media and exposed what a circle jerk of an industry runs this sport . Right now all the bros are in a meeting to figure out how to spin this one .
moto162
4/9/2022 7:07am
lestat wrote:
Today he is being hated because he scooped the broshow Mx media and exposed what a circle jerk of an industry runs this sport . Right...
Today he is being hated because he scooped the broshow Mx media and exposed what a circle jerk of an industry runs this sport . Right now all the bros are in a meeting to figure out how to spin this one .
Sun has to shine on a dog's ass atleast once. Years of being worng over and over. Years of making stupid claims that went nowhere can't be made up by being right once in awhile. An on this occasion of being right most of us knew this was going to happen. Rmatv has been in alot of trouble this year. Not having motors for antsie lots of staff change over. Most people believed they. Ould hold it together for the year though.
Motofinne
4/9/2022 7:09am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2022 7:15am
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. This story that he got right doesn't change that he is a fool. But i will give him one thing, he made established moto media look really bad with this.
Dimblewambie
4/9/2022 7:11am
Absolute fucking try hard. Remember when he went into the pulp studios for thumper talk and just gargled the shit out of Steve? Then slowly worked his way to another site and vital writing garbage like “hard truths” which were same as now, his gossipy opinion as truths and fact. When Craig got suspended by the FIM he acted like he knew Craig was using PEDs and how, then came the beef with the guys at Fly WPS when he was a WPS rep, calling zacho a piece of shit, the list goes on.

Just a try hard doosh.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
4/9/2022 7:15am
He lacks the charisma needed to make the strong statements that he does. That’s my opinion at least.
lestat
4/9/2022 7:24am
lestat wrote:
Today he is being hated because he scooped the broshow Mx media and exposed what a circle jerk of an industry runs this sport . Right...
moto162 wrote:
Sun has to shine on a dog's ass atleast once. Years of being worng over and over. Years of making stupid claims that went nowhere can't...
Sun has to shine on a dog's ass atleast once. Years of being worng over and over. Years of making stupid claims that went nowhere can't be made up by being right once in awhile. An on this occasion of being right most of us knew this was going to happen. Rmatv has been in alot of trouble this year. Not having motors for antsie lots of staff change over. Most people believed they. Ould hold it together for the year though.
“An on this occasion of being right most of us knew this was going to happen.“

Kind of proves my point bro .
davis224
Fantasy
165th
4/9/2022 7:26am
"Why do people not like him? But DON'T say the main reason people don't like him!"

Hot takes for the sake of having a hot take.
DonM
4/9/2022 7:45am
davis224 wrote:
"Why do people not like him? But DON'T say the main reason people don't like him!"

Hot takes for the sake of having a hot take.
You obviously didn’t read any previous posts in this thread…
gt80rider
4/9/2022 8:01am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Go read some of the shit he used to write for Vital.

https://www.vitalmx.com/tags/cooksey_straight_to_the_point_vital_feature
Read some of it.... didn't seem terrible to me.. very opinionated... I would rather read that than the typical moto whitewashing.... but ya... some of his opinions, as well as straight up wording, were pretty out there...

Cooksey could take off if he mellowed a bit.... and stopped trying to act like a bad ass/wanna fight kinda guy... if he put more professionalism into his work he could become a real player in moto media... but for now he seems mostly cringey.... imo the same can be said for hopper...

The whole bbmx thing might be his 15 minutes of fame.... or a Kickstart to a long success career in moto journalism... we will see...

Moto media needs some fresh blood at the top.... I am sick and tired of racerx running the media show....
McG194
4/9/2022 8:06am
Whatever it is the hate runs deep. Just look at the other thread. I would venture to guess that this forum has a majority of blue collar honest hard working guys who say what they are going to do and do what they say. With that knowledge you have another thread where a rich guy has not been paying his blue collar hard working guys and not living up to his word by not paying debts and the vast majority of the posts are calling the guy that reported it an asshole douchebag. It's really stunning.

Yeti831
4/9/2022 8:07am
Because he constantly feels the need to prove himself and stroke up wild ass points of topic.

Have nothing really against the guy and I’d honestly love to talk shop with him, but his content has been pretty whoa the last 2 years.
bvm111
4/9/2022 8:23am
his “ alpha dog” article was pure stupidity. He tries to be a sensationalist and makes a story where there isn’t one.

to be honest i was shocked he was right about RMATV KTM.
4/9/2022 8:32am
Motofinne wrote:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. This story that he got right doesn't change that he is a fool. But i will give...
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. This story that he got right doesn't change that he is a fool. But i will give him one thing, he made established moto media look really bad with this.
Only in Arizona and Hawaii
TahoeVetMX
4/9/2022 8:49am
It is all very simple. As with mainstream media they are controlled by big corporations. If a big corporation wants to go after someone the media, does it for them. In moto we see this with anyone who challenges or scoops something negative against the establishment. The establishment in our sport is the AMA, FIM, Feld, MX Sports, Factory teams, and such. As you see in the sport the mainstream media such as established websites, podcasts, and magazines do not wish to upset anyone because they get paid from those same organizations. I am happy there are now other opinions and methods to get news out to the public because if not we would never hear the other side of the story at all!
RaceFace58
4/9/2022 9:38am
Motofinne wrote:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. This story that he got right doesn't change that he is a fool. But i will give...
I’m not defending Cooksey at all but I wonder how many other times the industry was able to circle the wagons in time to effectively “make” him be wrong. If the shit didn’t completely hit the fan with this one maybe Butler could have pulled that off here. His last words are Cooksey is attacking him and that the team is racing this weekend and even a new title sponsor is lined up!! At least some of that is apparently lies, not miscommunication or out of context, just lies.
Dust601
4/9/2022 9:45am
lestat wrote:
Congrats!!!! He got the scoop on something every casual fan has known for years?

creature654
Fantasy
79th
4/9/2022 10:29am
I’m old enough to remember Cooksey and Coach Robb being the first to confirm Deegan to Star as well….Cheerful
McG194
4/9/2022 10:32am
I’m old enough to remember Cooksey and Coach Robb being the first to confirm Deegan to Star as well….Cheerful
I remember that one as well. I also remember the crickets when it was proven true.

Post a reply to: WHY is Cooksey hated so much?

The Latest