WESS update (World Enduro Super Series)

flatout111
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 6:10am
Being a huge fan of hard enduro, I'm naturally following closely in the inaugural World Enduro Super Series.

Lots of variance with Billy Bolt winning Extreme XL Lagares, Graham Jarvis once again winning Erzberg and Wade Young bouncing back from last year's brutal crash down that insane downhill and taking his first Red Bull Romaniacs win. Jonny Walker leads the WESS series with both Jarvis and Blazusiak getting a DNF for Romaniacs after both bowing out with illness.

But it's been a great series thus far. Anyone else following? It's a blend of hard enduro, classic enduro and cross country. I, admittedly, would prefer it be all hard enduro but this will reward the more overall versatile enduro rider.

Also, off topic from WESS. A question. Is there anywhere to watch last year's Super Enduro with English commentary?

|
Sully
8/10/2018 9:13pm
I can’t imagine how freaking sick Graham Jarvis had to be to pull out of Romaniacs. Tha dude is inhuman.

To your last question, have you tried Red Bull TV?
RickyRoss519
Fantasy
2373rd
8/10/2018 9:24pm
Ive been watching on redbull tv and those guys are all savages! And they also have great sportsmenship. Itd be tough to swallow your pride and help a fellow rider up a hill. Haha
flatout111
8/11/2018 6:09am
Ive been watching on redbull tv and those guys are all savages! And they also have great sportsmenship. Itd be tough to swallow your pride and...
Ive been watching on redbull tv and those guys are all savages! And they also have great sportsmenship. Itd be tough to swallow your pride and help a fellow rider up a hill. Haha
One of the beautiful things about Hard Enduro is the sportsmanship. It is so amazing and makes mx riders look like spoiled brats. I know more money is involved but still.

Billy Bolt was in the lead and stopped to help Manuel Lettenbichler as they both couldn't make it up die grunne holle. A brutal, slippery uphill in the woods. Then Bolt helped Wade Young. Class act.

Then Manny was IN THE Lead but turned back and gave up the lead to assist Bolt who had previously helped him. Amazing.

43 year old Graham Jarvis didn't need any help. Lol. What a machine he is!

Yes, for Jarvis to pull out of Romaniacs he must have been brutally sick. He never quits.1 DNF in his career not due to a mechanical thru all these insane races.

Another act of true class and sportsmanship was at Romaniacs when enduro legend Andreas Lettenbichler helped Wade Young get thru an area even though his own son was right behind him. And it was right at end of race. All Letti had to was no help and his kid wins Romaniacs. But he did the right thing. Mad respect.

Loved Letti coaching his son thru Carl's Diner. That was epic.

I love this sport. Hard Enduro captured my heart and soul back in 2007 and I've loved every moment since. An epic adventure! It is my dream and goal to ride the Hobby class at Romaniacs. Maybe soon.

The Shop

8/11/2018 6:55am
flatout, where are you riding off road in the Carolinas? Seems that Brushy & Brown Mtn are the only places.. Wish we had more endless trail riding like they seem to have in states out west like Colorado, etc
user760a
8/11/2018 7:03am
flatout, where are you riding off road in the Carolinas? Seems that Brushy & Brown Mtn are the only places.. Wish we had more endless trail...
flatout, where are you riding off road in the Carolinas? Seems that Brushy & Brown Mtn are the only places.. Wish we had more endless trail riding like they seem to have in states out west like Colorado, etc
I think that the two Carolina based hare scramble race series' do well simply because there is nowhere else t ride a dirtbike.

Take a look at a population map of the US, NC is becoming a densely populated state. There is nowhere with large open tracts of land to ride on the east coast, it is just a fantasy to us
flatout111
8/11/2018 7:42am
flatout, where are you riding off road in the Carolinas? Seems that Brushy & Brown Mtn are the only places.. Wish we had more endless trail...
I honestly have some neighbors with major land and trails and even some really difficult descents. I'm actually working on my navigation because I seriously hope to do Romaniacs one day. But man, it's an expensive adventure but one I know I'd never forget
Crossup
8/11/2018 10:54am
I love the series and the talent of the riders, but don't get the Red Bull TV coverage. They did a great job with Erzberg but at Romaniacs you only got the prologue and selected clips of the racing. What happened to the coverage for romaniacs?
flatout111
8/11/2018 12:47pm
Crossup wrote:
I love the series and the talent of the riders, but don't get the Red Bull TV coverage. They did a great job with Erzberg but...
I love the series and the talent of the riders, but don't get the Red Bull TV coverage. They did a great job with Erzberg but at Romaniacs you only got the prologue and selected clips of the racing. What happened to the coverage for romaniacs?
It's pretty simple, actually. Jarvis completed Erzberg in around 2 hours and there is a 4 hour cutoff. So it can be shown in its entirety with commentary.

Romaniacs is 9 plus hour days with a Prologue and the 4 long days in the mountains. It's just not possible to cover as well. I do wish we would get more than a 26 minute recap, though. There are live feeds streaming from the event at certain checkpoints but def not the ability to cover like Erzberg is. Which is a shame as I much prefer races like Romaniacs, Hell's Gate and Sea to Sky over the more popular Erzberg.

Post a reply to: WESS update (World Enduro Super Series)

The Latest