WEBB: No excuses...

Red Crawford
Edited Date/Time 5/6/2019 2:23pm
First year on the KTM.
First year with Aldon.
First year riding daily with Marv, an absolute "training monster."
First year in Florida.
Comes completely off radar and walked away with a 450SX plate.

Friends, Cooper Webb deserves his own thread.
Cheers to CW and the entire KTM family!
|
5/5/2019 11:09am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2019 11:10am
Was an awesome season to watch. Really happy to see Cooper finally find his stride. He's been amazing to watch all season long.

Great season all around on so many levels.

Little bummed for Marvin and Roczen....would love to see them have a championship too.

EDIT: what douche-mentality thrumbs-down the OPs post? LIttle people suck.
5/5/2019 11:20am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2019 11:21am
Not sure why the downvotes on opening post. Congratulations to Webb, he was the man this year in sx.
Jerkolantern
5/5/2019 11:22am
My question is: is that blonde coop was hugging on roczens old gf? And what's the story, unless its one of those Moto stories we don't speak of.. I never heard how / why she switched team's per-se and if coop done wrangled her from Ken I'd be pissed too. Anyway, just a question to fill the time until the real racing begins
davistld01
5/5/2019 11:24am
My question is: is that blonde coop was hugging on roczens old gf? And what's the story, unless its one of those Moto stories we don't...
My question is: is that blonde coop was hugging on roczens old gf? And what's the story, unless its one of those Moto stories we don't speak of.. I never heard how / why she switched team's per-se and if coop done wrangled her from Ken I'd be pissed too. Anyway, just a question to fill the time until the real racing begins
Birds of a feather...

The Shop

Jerkolantern
5/5/2019 11:25am
Not sure why the downvotes on opening post. Congratulations to Webb, he was the man this year in sx.
Coops not real popular. That's why I asked the above question. I personally don't dislike him, but that being said I'm a Yamaha guy and I'm kinda bummed he didn't get into shape and give the blue boys a fair shake
newmann
5/5/2019 12:04pm
Not much of a Webb fan myself, but there is no denying the level of kick ass consistency that won him a spot in the big boy record books. Last I heard, they just don’t give those away.
5/5/2019 12:08pm
Downvotes are a way for people to validate their miserable lives....
5/5/2019 12:09pm
I think the down votes and general negativity towards Webb is because he came out of nowhere (relatively speaking) and started beating some peoples favourite riders. I personally think Webb deserves all the praise in the world, he turned his career around big time and is now the man to beat in the 450 class. What Webb and his whole team have done this year is extremely impressive.
newmann
5/5/2019 12:11pm
Downvotes are a way for people to validate their miserable lives....
For the 7th graders around here anyway.
Texas Built
5/5/2019 12:41pm
Congrats to Coop. He for sure was the most consistent one out there and deserves the title. Earned it 100%. Now we get to see who can really race a dirt scooter. Outdoors is real racing. Supercross is a Las Vegas motorcycle show.
500 Mike
5/5/2019 12:50pm
I think the down votes and general negativity towards Webb is because he came out of nowhere (relatively speaking) and started beating some peoples favourite riders...
I think the down votes and general negativity towards Webb is because he came out of nowhere (relatively speaking) and started beating some peoples favourite riders. I personally think Webb deserves all the praise in the world, he turned his career around big time and is now the man to beat in the 450 class. What Webb and his whole team have done this year is extremely impressive.
I agree he came out of nowhere and rode hard and consistently this year so he deserves the #1 plate. However, I don't care much for him because of his cocky attitude and "I'll take anybody out to get to the front" riding style. Would have rather seen Roczen or Musquin take the top spot but maybe next year. On to the outdoors!
5/5/2019 1:10pm
Congrats to Webb! First I thought he wouldn‘t have it for all 17 rounds. However, after he survived that jump onto the tuff block in Indy totally unphased (and overtaking Tomac doing it), I was sure, the title was his.
Cold blooded bastard!
5/5/2019 1:18pm
Impressive that coops weakness the whoops were the biggest they've been in a long time and still got it done, congrats.
shuggs
5/5/2019 1:25pm
newmann wrote:
Not much of a Webb fan myself, but there is no denying the level of kick ass consistency that won him a spot in the big...
Not much of a Webb fan myself, but there is no denying the level of kick ass consistency that won him a spot in the big boy record books. Last I heard, they just don’t give those away.
Your not alone. I was more surprised by his mental strength this year. Got to give him major props for going the Aldon route and sticking with it.

Looking forward to see how he & others deal with him as a champion, he now has major confidence going into TGO
5/5/2019 1:26pm
Yes. MC never had to clean anyone out or flip the bird over the finish line like a juvenile. Not even once.

And I don't see any point in his post where he disrespected the fact that he won the championship. Just said he's not a fan. Take your tough guy coat off for a minute.
ATKpilot99
5/5/2019 1:34pm
Yes. MC never had to clean anyone out or flip the bird over the finish line like a juvenile. Not even once. And I don't see...
Yes. MC never had to clean anyone out or flip the bird over the finish line like a juvenile. Not even once.

And I don't see any point in his post where he disrespected the fact that he won the championship. Just said he's not a fan. Take your tough guy coat off for a minute.
Are you referring to his gesture towards Roczen early this season ? If so he didn't flip him the bird. And who did he "clean out " ?
TeamGreen
5/5/2019 1:34pm
Yes. MC never had to clean anyone out or flip the bird over the finish line like a juvenile. Not even once. And I don't see...

Well, in all fairness to Cooper, there’s only 1 Jeremy McGrath.
Period
5/5/2019 1:40pm
newmann wrote:
Not much of a Webb fan myself, but there is no denying the level of kick ass consistency that won him a spot in the big...
shuggs wrote:
Your not alone. I was more surprised by his mental strength this year. Got to give him major props for going the Aldon route and sticking...
Your not alone. I was more surprised by his mental strength this year. Got to give him major props for going the Aldon route and sticking with it.

Looking forward to see how he & others deal with him as a champion, he now has major confidence going into TGO
Let's not forget he won 3 titles without Aldon.

The yz 250 is a great bike. The 450...?
Maybe the KTM fits cooper better.
5/5/2019 1:42pm

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Are you referring to his gesture towards Roczen early this season ? If so he didn't flip him the bird. And who did he "clean out...
Are you referring to his gesture towards Roczen early this season ? If so he didn't flip him the bird. And who did he "clean out " ?
Yes, I'm referring to Roczen smartass. He didn't knock his teammate off the track twice in once race when the points were at a pivotal point?
slipdog
5/5/2019 1:43pm
Cooper has tremendous talent and I think it's a mistake for anyone that thinks he won't be challenging outdoors this summer.
ATKpilot99
5/5/2019 1:49pm

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Are you referring to his gesture towards Roczen early this season ? If so he didn't flip him the bird. And who did he "clean out...
Yes, I'm referring to Roczen smartass. He didn't knock his teammate off the track twice in once race when the points were at a pivotal point?
I don't remember anything blatant. In fact you'd have to remind me what race that happened in . The Roczen thing ? Seriously that was offensive to you ?
8tensolutions
5/5/2019 1:52pm
It's comical that so may people here say they want more REAL in the sport, riders to speak their mind, trash talk, and inspire some drama rather than the cookie cutter riders who do nothing but thank sponsors and avoid questions. Webb checks all those boxes. Fan or not, he could be just what we need to make the sport more exciting!
5/5/2019 1:59pm
It's comical that so may people here say they want more REAL in the sport, riders to speak their mind, trash talk, and inspire some drama...
It's comical that so may people here say they want more REAL in the sport, riders to speak their mind, trash talk, and inspire some drama rather than the cookie cutter riders who do nothing but thank sponsors and avoid questions. Webb checks all those boxes. Fan or not, he could be just what we need to make the sport more exciting!
bingo
5/5/2019 2:28pm
You're right. I have no clue how life works. Point was, so people prefer riders who win on skill like MC, Reed and Dungey over douche bags that play bumper cars. My bad you weren't able to grasp that. We can sling shit all night if you prefer.
Helda
5/5/2019 2:36pm
You're right. I have no clue how life works. Point was, so people prefer riders who win on skill like MC, Reed and Dungey over douche...
You're right. I have no clue how life works. Point was, so people prefer riders who win on skill like MC, Reed and Dungey over douche bags that play bumper cars. My bad you weren't able to grasp that. We can sling shit all night if you prefer.
Fucking lol! Reed and Dungey!!!! You need to go back and watch some old racing, espically Reed!
5/5/2019 2:40pm
That's awesome. Thanks for your life lessons wizard! Hostile? Maybe you could use some life lessons yourself. You made assumptions about 500 Mike because he doesn't like chicken shit racing. All I did was provide input that he's not the only one.
5/5/2019 2:53pm
You're right. I have no clue how life works. Point was, so people prefer riders who win on skill like MC, Reed and Dungey over douche...
Helda wrote:
Fucking lol! Reed and Dungey!!!! You need to go back and watch some old racing, espically Reed!
Yeah! Lol! In case you didn't watch their careers, they only retaliated with shit racing. But it's cool. Jump on board with numbnuts.

Post a reply to: WEBB: No excuses...

The Latest