WEAPON MX A FRAUD???

bobcat
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:52am
|
Slow ~ Pro
6/5/2008 10:17pm
I don't understand why you would be charged as a sponsored rider...what am I missing ?
redrider111
6/5/2008 10:21pm
Damn, I'm not gonna lie, that sucks. I've never ordered through them before so idk what the deal is. But if you're going to order from anyone, order from Motosport. They have the best service and the fastest shipping for sure.
BobbyM
6/5/2008 10:27pm
man for a sponsored rider you sure got skulled

The Shop

bobcat
6/5/2008 10:32pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2008 4:48pm
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
I don't understand why you would be charged as a sponsored rider...what am I missing ?
The gave me a good discount!
bobcat
6/5/2008 10:33pm
Damn, I'm not gonna lie, that sucks. I've never ordered through them before so idk what the deal is. But if you're going to order from...
Damn, I'm not gonna lie, that sucks. I've never ordered through them before so idk what the deal is. But if you're going to order from anyone, order from Motosport. They have the best service and the fastest shipping for sure.
I heard that Motosport is really good.
Slow ~ Pro
6/5/2008 10:36pm
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
bobcat wrote:
I see....they gave you a deep discount.

I looked at their site, they don't even have a physical address.

I think they are somewhere in my area. I keep bumping into a rep. and he keeps asking when I am going to try his exhaust.

Maybe I am old school, but when I get, or hear sponsor, it has to be free, no charge, no freight.

Did you sign a contract ?
bobcat
6/5/2008 10:39pm
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
bobcat wrote:
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
I see....they gave you a deep discount. I looked at their site, they don't even have a physical address. I think they are somewhere in my...
I see....they gave you a deep discount.

I looked at their site, they don't even have a physical address.

I think they are somewhere in my area. I keep bumping into a rep. and he keeps asking when I am going to try his exhaust.

Maybe I am old school, but when I get, or hear sponsor, it has to be free, no charge, no freight.

Did you sign a contract ?
Yeah
Slow ~ Pro
6/5/2008 10:42pm
So what did the contract tell you ?

Were you suppose to run stickers, send in result copies ?

Photo your bike with stickers ?

Photo of you racing ?
bobcat
6/5/2008 10:49pm
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
So what did the contract tell you ? Were you suppose to run stickers, send in result copies ? Photo your bike with stickers ? Photo...
So what did the contract tell you ?

Were you suppose to run stickers, send in result copies ?

Photo your bike with stickers ?

Photo of you racing ?
Yes
G Force
6/5/2008 10:56pm
Call Visa, they will give your money back,, then go after the weapon guy.
Slow ~ Pro
6/5/2008 10:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:11pm
In my opinion. All you are doing is paying someone to advertise their product.

I am sorry you got taken. Believe me, I know how it feels. I was just taken for 23 grand, but I digress.

If I bump into this rep, I will find out some info. I am the kind of guy to go knock on doors to right the wrong.

However, maybe the exhaust is in the mail...and you will soon see it. Their stuff actually looks pretty good, as far as performance goes, I am not sure.

Good luck
WORCSRacer
6/5/2008 11:06pm
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
In my opinion. All you are doing is paying someone to advertise their product. I am sorry you got taken. Believe me, I know how it...

I am sorry you got taken. Believe me, I know how it feels. I was just taken for 23 grand, but I digress.

If I bump into this rep, I will find out some info. I am the kind of guy to go knock on doors to right the wrong.

However, maybe the exhaust is in the mail...and you will soon see it. Their stuff actually looks pretty good, as far as performance goes, I am not sure.

Good luck
amen. I hate it when someone says, "I'm sponsored" ah no, you just cut out the middleman and your local dealer.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
6/5/2008 11:15pm
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
In my opinion. All you are doing is paying someone to advertise their product. I am sorry you got taken. Believe me, I know how it...

Good luck
WORCSRacer wrote:
amen. I hate it when someone says, "I'm sponsored" ah no, you just cut out the middleman and your local dealer.
Not everyone is as superior as you.
Lucifa
6/5/2008 11:54pm
Jarid332 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think WORCSRacer understands there are different levels of sponsorship.
Motodrew295
6/6/2008 2:53am
Damn, I'm not gonna lie, that sucks. I've never ordered through them before so idk what the deal is. But if you're going to order from...
If you going after OEM parts service honda is way cheaper. motosport even lists a higher MSRP then discounts off of that. I have done countless orders from Service and each time I am satisfied 100%. They even have OEM parts for the "other " brands.

As stated above just make a claim with your credit card company and they will go after them.
JPT
6/6/2008 5:25am
G Force wrote:
Call Visa, they will give your money back,, then go after the weapon guy.
That's what I would say.
mx836
6/6/2008 5:29am
That contract probably also said that you aren't supposed to discuss the terms of your contract with anyone, which you just broke by telling us your discount.
bogdan912
6/6/2008 5:49am
I am sure this is a sponsorhouse deal, Not that they have anything to do with Weapon and them screwing you. But sponsorhouse deals are usually the same exact deal to everyone. I use it, and have made some great contacts through it which is why I still use it but most everyone on there gets the same thing.

Bum deal. Dispute the charge with your CC company and they'll hook you up and then go after the weapon mx guy.

Although there was someone on here a few months back raving about their products... Maybe they are just moving to a bigger warehouse to further fill the needs of the masses?
LLOYD22
6/6/2008 6:48am
Its all because of the current gas prices.
WORCSRacer
6/6/2008 6:51am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:12pm
Jarid332 wrote:
Lucifa wrote:
Yeah, I don't think WORCSRacer understands there are different levels of sponsorship.
Do you understand the difference between a "sponsorship" and a "discount"?

When you get a discount on a new car do you run their graphics and call yourself a sponsored driver?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
6/6/2008 6:58am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2008 6:59am
Jarid332 wrote:
Lucifa wrote:
WORCSRacer wrote:
Do you understand the difference between a "sponsorship" and a "discount"? When you get a discount on a new car do you run their graphics and...

When you get a discount on a new car do you run their graphics and call yourself a sponsored driver?
Damn all this time I thought I had a factory support ride, I was just getting a discount?
500guy
6/6/2008 7:06am
instead of beating the guy up on what and what isn't a sponsorship why don't you guy's help him get his money back.

Call your CC company and tell them what happened and dispute the charges. a few guy's already said that.
iro
6/6/2008 7:10am
WORCSRacer wrote:
Do you understand the difference between a "sponsorship" and a "discount"? When you get a discount on a new car do you run their graphics and...

if that was the case i'd sponsor hundreds of people every month! ive had many a customer negotiate to the point where we just give in to their price then they throw in the old "and i don't want the dealers advertising on my car - you aren't paying me for that!" ...bastards all i want is the sticker on the back Pinch

back on topic.. is it ok to say you are sponsored if you are friends with the "sponsor" and just put their stickers on your bike? i have a few people that i'm not really sponsored by but i put their stickers on my bike and put em down as a sponsor so they get their name announced if i happen to be riding well that day.
croom mx
6/6/2008 7:13am
Seems like there are alot of MX scams going around?
Slow ~ Pro
6/6/2008 7:19am
croom mx wrote:
Seems like there are alot of MX scams going around?
There's a lot of scams period. So many crooks out there...buyer beware.

I don't think Weapon MX scammed, I think there is an issue that will be resolved in time.
Larry
6/6/2008 7:24am
Did you have to buy a Bond? Did the guy on the phone have a funny accent?

Shouldn't have any trouble getting your money back. You have to be careful the sport of moto if full of a bunch of great decent people but the business of moto has always had more than its fair share of scam artists.
flarider
6/6/2008 7:25am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:12pm
I disagree with those of you who think sponsorship is only free.

If your local dealership is giving you 20-30-40-50% off of retail, or at dealer cost, you are receiving help from that dealer and that qualifies as sponsorship support.

Not everyone is of the level to get everything for free, and not every company can afford to give everything away for free, but they are grateful for whatever support and help they can get (at least some seem grateful).

A bit arrogant of some of you ex-pro's or wanna-be pro's to marginalize this guy's problem when he seems to have gotten a raw deal, over what YOU THINK is or is not sponsorship.

In this economy, most people are very happy to get any discount, and we're happy to offer it.

Slow Pro, call up Ronnie and ask him if he gives away free product to all of the racers Maxima sponsors, I'm sure he's on speed dial in your cell

I'm also sure he'll laugh at the question
Robert
6/6/2008 7:32am
flarider wrote:
I disagree with those of you who think sponsorship is only free. If your local dealership is giving you 20-30-40-50% off of retail, or at dealer...
I disagree with those of you who think sponsorship is only free.

If your local dealership is giving you 20-30-40-50% off of retail, or at dealer cost, you are receiving help from that dealer and that qualifies as sponsorship support.

Not everyone is of the level to get everything for free, and not every company can afford to give everything away for free, but they are grateful for whatever support and help they can get (at least some seem grateful).

A bit arrogant of some of you ex-pro's or wanna-be pro's to marginalize this guy's problem when he seems to have gotten a raw deal, over what YOU THINK is or is not sponsorship.

In this economy, most people are very happy to get any discount, and we're happy to offer it.

Slow Pro, call up Ronnie and ask him if he gives away free product to all of the racers Maxima sponsors, I'm sure he's on speed dial in your cell

I'm also sure he'll laugh at the question
Amen
mx836
6/6/2008 7:36am
I doubt this is fraud. Most likely everything will be ok and this is just another example of the motocross industry having the worst customer service of any that I have ever experienced.

Post a reply to: WEAPON MX A FRAUD???

The Latest